Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] All Aboard the SS Party! [Open!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:59 pm
[This RP is a New Year's party/Birthday party for my character Dith. He is 46 on the 1st! The party is being organized by his parents, who happen to organize parties for a living (retirement never occurred to them). There will be food, drinking, dancing, games, a chocolate fountain, music, and a range of other entertainment and distractions.

Everyone Dith has ever met in an RP (even if unfinished) who he doesn't know is or suspect of being a Rocket has been invited on way or another and everyone also gets a +1 guest. If your character has not met Dith and doesn't know anyone to be invited as a guest let me know and I will try to sort something out with you.

IC the Party Boat departs Camphoreon City just after lunchtime on December 31st. It will head out into international waters for the night and return in the afternoon of January 1st. Guests are advised:

- The evening is intended to be formalish but smart casual is okay
- Bring something warm to wear on deck for when you're not moving around; weather is forecast to be calm and clear but cold!
- You can bring casual clothes to wear after the on deck party or PJs if you want to, there are places to sleep.
- You can bring a swimsuit if you like, there are hot tubs!
- Acceptable birthday presents are: hard candy of any kind, charity donations, amusing knick-knacks, or hilarious presents poking mild fun at the birthday man's age.
- Food and drink are freely available, all dietary requirements are catered for.
- Anyone wishing to leave in the early hours of the 1st rather than staying on can get a Lapras back to shore, no pressure to hang around for the duration if you don't wish to.
- Please note! Weapons will be confiscated at the gangplank. Come on guys, really, it's a birthday party.

My next post will open the RP!]  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:00 pm
"Ah, look at you, you are not even straight Dimitry!"

Dith submitted to having his pink cravat wrestled into a neater line and raised his eyebrows at his mother. "I am too! Probably. Mainly. I wouldn't say no to that guy who plays Sherlock though, but I think it's logically impossible to say no to him."

The statuesque woman let out a sharp breath through her nose and met her son's gaze, golden eyes to golden eye. "Shut up Dima and go to the gangplank, the guests will be here soon."

Offering a grin, that was answered by a raised eyebrow, Dith headed over to the side of the boat where the plank was just being extended down to the dock. As soon as the little barrier thingie lifted he headed down, shoulders shifting slightly in the unfamiliar confines of a silvery grey suit jacket. It was a bit early yet but he expected some people would be here soon and he had wanted to be here to say hello himself to at least his close friends, who he guessed might be amongst the first to show up.

Up on deck all was serene. Bar tenders waited behind the bar, the dancefloor was clear, tables of snack food waited for peckish guests and a chocolate fountain bubbled for the indulgent with all manner of fruits along with chocolate brownies and marshmallows ready to be speared and smothered in decadence. Sauntering amongst the various staffed stations was a remarkably tall old man with sparkling black eyes, a long white French brain of hair, and a smile and a quiet kind word or a wink for everyone he passed.

Below deck, currently closed to guests, there was a lot of frantic activity going on revolving around preparing for later on in the evening. Il'ya prowled through the chaos, straightening up cravats exchanged for straightening out last minute preparations for dinner, treats, games and suchlike. This party would go well; if it did not, her displeasure would be well known.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:30 pm
Lex checked his reflection one last time in the rearview mirror. Bold red lipstick, not smudged or on his teeth. Eyeshadow a bit bold, the black liner carrying off in a slant and his lids deep metallic blue with light silver up to the brow, but acceptable for formal. The metallic blue feather fascinator was in place, clear rhinestones gleaming in the low light, the head band mostly hidden in his mop of regrown curls. He smiled, mummering a soft apology to the driver and gave the man a heft tip before stepped out, followed by his pokemon.

Sideways jumped after his owner, the Flareon’s fur puffed up from the cold and becoming a sort of mini heater to the Servine that slowly followed. Lex closed the door after his pokemon, stroking Sideways’ head for a moment. “Well, both of you behave.” He murmured, more to Sideways’ then Glit. He trusted the Servine to behave appropriately.

Skirts scrunched up, lady like in hand, he headed towards the boat and the rather distinguished gentlemen at the gangplank.

Lex smiled, seamlessly adapting one of his many personal. “Good evening,” she said, voice warm and reached in her clutch, drawing out an invitation and held it out. “Kirk invited me as his plus one; I hope it is not too much trouble that we arrived separate.” Alexandria has always been a favorite personality, and how cute, a pink cravat. That had a bit of promise to it, this could end up as a very nice evening.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:45 pm
Dith was... confused. Okay, there was a dress, but the voice was borderline and the neck... that was not... uh.... Okay, they obviously wanted to be treated like a lady and that was what mattered but that was a baffling companion for Kirk to bring along given what he knew about the man. Maybe they were just friends.

After a moment of bemused blinking (though it might be hard to tell apart from winking given the eyepatch) the scar-faced man smile and extended a hand in greeting. "Hi! No problem at all. I am Dima, nice to meet you! You can go aboard if you want and get a drink or hang around here, I am waiting here to meet more people you see... uh... and your name is?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:46 pm
Mmh. Either something was wrong, not in her figure, she had spent nearly half an hour in front of the mirror making sure everything was in place, or she was getting flirted with. The eye patch made it a bit difficult. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Dima.” She took the hand, giving it a firm shake. “Alexandria Catamount, Alexa is fine.”

She shifted and motioned to her pokemon. “I hope having my flareon out is not too much of a hassle. I promise to keep him away from the drinks.” Flaming alcohol anyone, though Sideways did make a nice warm heater to combat the chill of the ocean. “I think I’ll wait here for a little bit.” See if Kirk showed up soon. She paused and pulled out a small gift wrapped in brown paper and a bright red ribbon. “Happy birthday, it is just a little thing.”

A dozen hard candy sticks in various flavors.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:54 pm
"No no, Dima is my first name. Well, Dimitry is- Oh! Thank you!" Dith accepted the sweets with a genuine grin that lit up his solid features and single bright golden eye like a boy of four rather than a man of almost forty six. Fanning the treats out in his hand he continued; "Dimitry is my first name, but often shortened officially to Dima, but also people around here often call me Dith. If I were to be Mr. anything it would be Vladamirin, but we're all friends here so I'm not so just Dima or Dith will be fine! Alexa is a lovely name, as is Alexandria."

He was kind of glad she(???) was hanging around even if he didn't actually know her, he felt less silly hanging around on the docks with somebody to talk to.

"Oh!" Something else she had said occurred and Dith gestured to the pokemon in question. "It is fine, a lot of mine are up on the boat in fact. So long everyone is responsible it is no problem, and pokemon diets of all kinds are also catered for on board I am told."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:12 pm
“Thank you,” She smiled, “I hope it isn’t rude to ask, but you are Russian?” with a last name like Vladamirin, it could be nothing else. Well, perhaps Czech. Maybe, was the Czech Republic even near Russia? Alexandria shrugged, pushing the thoughts away. “Dima, then.” And she was pleased he liked, perhaps loved might not be pushing it, his gift.

“I’m very glad to hear it, it certainly makes things easier and no one likes a grumpy pokemon.” She would have to keep in mind which treats were for pokemon and which were for human consumption. Sometimes formal parties had rather fancy looking pokemon treats.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:17 pm
Dith laughed and shrugged. "If the accent didn't give it away already, yes I am Russian. I grew up there, moved away only when I was eighteen with glasnost when everything was going a bit weird, but in a better way than it had been before... I suppose I have rather stubbornly clung onto the accent, or I am just a slow study on other ways of speaking. Anyway," he nodded down to the pokemon, "I am sure my lot will be pleased to make some new friends tonight. I know I am hoping to, hence asking all of my friends to bring a guest." Maybe bringing more people into their circle would be good on more than a personal level, perhaps they could help in the fight to crush Team Rocket. Well, you could hope couldn't you?  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:26 pm
“Never trust the accents,” she replied playfully. They could be faked. Or lost over the years, forgotten. Dima’s was pleasant, and she could understand his words. “Speaking of friends, how did you meet up with Kirk? You certainly are not what I expected.” Though he certainly dressed handsomely. A point there.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:41 pm
As a rule Dith tended to trust accents until told otherwise, if he knew what an accent was of course. He couldn't claim to be the best at identifying them. "Kirk?" he grinned instead. "Well I met him in a bar, I was by myself and he decided he would come over and share my wine. He is quite good at ah... getting to know people, da? Good at... well insinuating has negative connotations that I don't mean but perhaps you follow?" The morning after meeting the red haired man had been a bit traumatic, after walking with him back to his car he had found his window smashed and Luna's little eevee kit missing. He couldn't hold that against Kirk though and didn't, it was just unfortunate that his first memories of the charming man were tied up with such unpleasant events.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:04 pm
“Ahh,” She grinned, things clicking into place. Dima probably had a very good taste in wine; he likely had good taste all around. Mostly. “Kirk is quite charming.” A charming rake, in the witty, sexy sense, who she would sleep with. Never have a relationship with, but yeah, definitely hit that. Not that she was his type, or even outside the feminine garb. And considering good tastes, she was very much going to enjoy the bar.

“And now, knowing Kirk’s tastes, I am very much interested in browsing your bar. Would you care for anything, Dima? A drink to keep you warm until more guest arrive?” She wouldn’t mind fetching a round of drinks.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:10 pm
Lex, or his persona, perhaps gave Dith too much credit.

Having no idea what the woman meant about tastes, but assuming it had to do with looks, Dith gave an only slightly off-beat little laugh and shrugged. "It is early, but sure, it's my party. If you go up the plank and look left you will see the bar. I am promised they can serve you almost anything you desire... and I will have whatever you are having so long as there is no gin in it. I can't stand gin, it tastes like the arse of evil if you ask me. There should be good cocktails up there though, and I think mulled wine if you are cold?... Ah, that is a kind of hot wine with spices and sweetened if you're not familiar with. I have gathered recently that it is not as uh... as ubiquitous as I thought! I lived for a long time in England you see, it is a big festive drink there." Whatever Alexa fetched was fine by him though so long as, as he had stated, there was no gin. Ew.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:35 pm
She kept from raising an eyebrow at the arse of evil commit. First opinion spun a one eighty, Kirk might have just chatted the guy up for free wine. It was Kirk after all. “Midori sours all around then.” Melon liquerer was a bit of a weakness, it had a light sweet taste.

A simple motion had both pokemon following her up the gang plank and to the deck. Early? Pfhh, it was a party. And it was never too early for free drinks, in moderation. No need to be tripping over her dress. She ordered, idly waiting for the drinks.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:43 pm
A trip through the city of Camphoreon in the winter was usually very cold, and uncomfortable. But it was one of the many reasons why having a Rapidash as main transport was so wonderful!

Rosie didn't normally ride side saddle, though she actually lacked any saddle. But the choice of outfit she had picked out for the evenings occasion was not going to permit her to sit any other way.
With her ankles crossed and a hand laying on the shoulders of a Vaporeon who was perched with a elegant demeanor on the shoulders of her trotting partner. the gentle twinkle of the blue water types speckles bringing out the brighter blue of the silver ring on the girl's hand.
Her pink coat was warn snugly over a deep colored dress, a matching bow tied nearly to the back of her loosely falling blond hair.
On her other side sat Luke, Whom Pastin had no troubles carrying as well, and whom Rosie was glad to be sharing a ride with.

Pastin knew where they were heading, he needed little guide from his training to take them directly into the docks. And after catching sight of the familiar friend at the appointed location tossed his fiery head with a neigh, hooves clopping to a stop as he drew his passengers up to the bottom of the gangplank to let them off.

A smile brightened the blond's face as she looked to their familiar friend, lifting her hand off of Vahy'n to wave at the giant of a man "Hi Dith~"
Blue eyes moved to the women standing with him, keeping her smile on, but a curious tilt of her head as she did not recognize them. "Hello" She greeted the other person politely.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:30 pm
While Seraphine would have thrived in such a situation before, this was no longer the case even the slightest. It had been so long since she'd dressed up and warn one of her dresses to something - not counting her trip to Grande Ile, for which she'd had to get an incredibly fancy and slightly uncomfortable dress from one of Rosie's and Luke's friends - that she actually no longer felt all that comfortable in a dress. Arceus, how things had changed.

The brunette rode sidesaddle as well, though she was the only one atop her own Rapidash, a long dark coat covering her lengthy dress and helping to keep her warm on the way there. Once they arrived and Rosie greeted Dith and the person she didn't know, Sera kept quiet as she dismounted Luna and recalled her, and in her place she loosed Anastasia.

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff