Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Exam] Shadows of a Doubt Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:15 am
Delivered by carrier raven in a yellowed parchment, sealed with a wax crest, the letter was all together very formal appearing, the handwriting flowing and in cursive. Because cursive was fancy.

Quote:
Hello.
You have been selected for an exam to test your skills and accomplishments here at Amityville Academy. Please report to room 745 at 9pm, Moonday the 13th. At that time, you will be given an oral and physical exam of your abilities. Please dress appropriately and no cell phones will be allowed during the testing process.
-Professor Darcy.

PS: Tardiness will mean an automatic failure.

The note had nothing else, the dark ink smelling faintly of oil and the paper wilting as handling of it went on. The raven only sat and stared for a few seconds before flying off, other messages attached to it's leg, awaiting delivery.

Upon the day of the exam, students would find the place lined like any other classroom, desks in neat little rows and candles illuminating the otherwise poorly lit room. In the front of the class, an older gentleman was busy writing out various symbols and scripts on the chalkboard, paying no mind to those arriving save for the simple command to 'Sit'.

OOC

HELLO WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
Professor Darcy will be hosting your exams.

All of your exams *u*

That said y1->y2 will have a different exam than for y2->y3.
For now just please 'arrive'- in 24 hrs I'll get the exam started proper.

Pixie Krysta Ordreg
Cheekiebirdiee
Melodine Cantus
iloveyouDIE
Kanth
Baneful

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:37 am
Ulmuka assumed that 'dress appropriately' meant 'dress to impress'. He strolled in looking, as usual, in a full suit with a embroidered and beaded waistcoat as well as his highly polished pointed shoes with a slight heel that made him even taller than he already was.

He had no problem seeing in the dim room and instead found the roomiest desk he could as he was recently having problems fitting into some of them.  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:04 am

Zar arrived at the exam dressed in what he had adopted as typical attire of late - being dressed almost entirely like Barth except without the style and well fitting nature of the clothes. He showed up on time, because he knew no other time to arrive to anything, and sat down at one of the desks, carefully tucking his long legs and tail under it so no one tripped passing him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:15 am
Erebus certainly hadn't expected a raven to fly into his room. Lady on the other hand, was rather offended at this invasion of her space, and attempted to chase the raven around before it simply dropped the letter on his bed with a very offended squawk.

He hadn't expected a letter either, or its contents. A test? He had been to classes and done essays but never had done a test.

It sounded very important, and the Cerberus boil set off to the classroom ahead of time. After all, he didn't want to fail without even giving it a try, right? He had even nervously tucked in his shirt and straightened his tie. When he reached his destination, he noted that there were others in the room, of course, but he could only pay attention to the professor, even as he took a seat like he was told.

Erebus could only wonder what the exam would be like. Oral and physical exam? Huuuh.

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:26 pm
Spinar arrived to the designated exam room in his typical clothing since he was already fabulously styled of course. A tight-lipped scowl was his greeting for all as he entered the classroom, not being fond of having to leave his phone behind. After a glance to the other occupants of the room the frost demon took his seat, for the moment away from other students so he could eye each a little better as he sat.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:21 pm
Rosy was caught off guard by the sudden appearance of the Raven in her dorm room, trying to figure out how it go in there in the first place. Taking the letter, she glance it over before arching a brow for a moment. Dress to impress? Chewing on the inside of her mouth, she stood from the bed as she makes her way to her closet.

If this was an exam, she didn't want to be uncomfortable. Pulling on a pair of jeans in dark blue, she toss them onto her bed before grabbing a simple ruffle white shirt and a black rest to go over it. Quickly changing, she wasted no more time as she decides to pull her hair up into a ponytail for once. Grabbing a simple pair of black slip on Mary Janes, she floats out of the room before pulling them on. Closing the door, she floats to the room she was told to be at.

Placing her feet on the ground, she stuff her hands into her back pockets, feeling rather odd not having her eyephone. Her eyes scanning the room for a moment. Many faces, and only one she knew at this point.

Floating over to the chair close to Spinar, she doesn't sit down next to him, but left a chair between them. Giving him a smile then a nod, she cross her arms under her chest as she waits.

She did her best to hide the fact she was nervous, yet curious as to why they all be called here. She really hope they didn't find his wasn't going to end well if that was the case.

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:47 pm
Not wanting to miss a second opportunity, the frost demon arrived earlier than the time called for, note in hand as he ran his fingers over the elegant broken seal. He strolled into the classroom and sat down without a word, glancing to the other students in silence. He was wearing a few layers of clothes he'd designed himself, sleek and stylish but nothing that would outright stand out.

Rereading the letter and sliding his finger over the elegant words, Etzer smiled to himself and took mental note before he came to leave his phone under the pillow on his bed. Anywhere else and the minipets would have had a fun hayday with it.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Etzer chased away the thoughts and focused on the blackboard, head tilting in curiosity as to what the professor was writing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:02 am
As the last student made their way in, Darcy finally stopped his blackboard scribblings. Calmly he turned, arms folding neatly behind his back as he addressed them, taking a moment every few words to obtain eye contact with each one.

"Good evening. I am glad to see that the importance of punctuality is not utterly lost on your generation. But your understanding of proper attire is.. well, I am not fashion for a reason I suppose. Now as demons I-" It took him a second, but slowly his eyes inched over to Rosmeria and Ulmuka. A short paused he went to his desk and began to flip though a few papers before muttering about how next time he'd need to have the files fact checked. "Pardon, as students, it is important to maintain an image. The school's image for one thing, your own as another. Amity prides itself on it's alum, and it is my job to make you one day worthy of that title. So before we begin the exam proper please look in the small 'drawer' of your desk attached to the seat of the chair. There you will find one paper and pencil. I want you, at the beginning of this exam to write down how you think you are doing. What are you good at? Where have you fallen short? Tell me as a student- just what have you accomplished thus far?"

Silent, he went to his desk, sitting down and putting on a pair of glasses.

"You have 30 minutes." A raven sat next to his window, watching Darcy's hands and he wrote something himself.

Quote:
OOC:
This is part one of your exam. Yep! It's the written portion. For y1 to y2 this is the first half of your exam, for y2 to y3 this is the first part of three. Please keep these 'essays' around 500 words or less, UNLESS you feel that more is needed. This is meant to be a self evaluation so how much you put into it can determine how much you get out of it. You have until the 17th, 11pm CST (9 PST) to finish these essays. If everyone gets done sooner feel free to quote me! (or if you have any questions otherwise)

Pixie Krysta Ordreg
Cheekiebirdiee
Melodine Cantus
iloveyouDIE
Kanth
Baneful

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:40 am
Demon? Erebus' ears perked up when the Professor mentioned that very word. Did he mean him? Or the other demons in the room? Some of them certainly seemed quite... formally attired, more suitable for a huge party or something along those lines. But, it wasn't his place to judge if creeple wanted to dress nicely or not. Besides, what he was focused on was the exam.

An essay, huh? Erebus had done his fair share of homework, but an essay about himself? It certainly made him lapse into momentary confusion as he tried to brainstorm about what exactly he should write. What had he accomplished so far?

In truth, Erebus would answer, not much really, if someone had asked him that question. But it wasn't something he could pen down, and when he really thought about it, he had done some things in Amityville. Perhaps he wasn't an overachiever, but he was average, at the very least.

Quote:
When I first came to Amityville, I was intimidated.

I suppose every boil and ghoul would be intimidated at their very first day of school, but it was a change to a huge part of my life, my brothers. Being part of triplets meant we were always together, side by side. But here, in school, we lived apart from each other, and had interests in different classes and curricular activities. It meant the three of us would grow to be independent boils. I had to be independent, and I guess it's hard when you've lived life from the day you were born, by the side of two creeple you'd never thought you'd be apart from. I had never talked to anyone without my brothers before, and when faced with a school full of boils and ghouls, I was uncertain, and admittedly afraid.

I always had an interest in books, so in my early days at Amityville, my only friends were the tomes of knowledge. I could either be found in the library, or in my room reading, if anyone even wanted to find me. Slowly, through my attendance of classes, I began to gain interest in studying about other species as well, after an enlightening lecture by a Professor, and also started to make some friends.

And then there were tough times that came out of the blue, like when my brother suddenly fell into a coma, along with other students, and had to be rescued out of it. At first, I blamed myself for not being able to protect him, as was my duty as on older brother, but I grew to learn that guilt was something I could not let overcome me.

I've learned that even in the toughest of times, you have to smile. I've learned that there are many good creeple out there, ones that I now call my friends; relationships that we've forged through our determination to help one another and to stick by each other's side no matter what happens.

Now that I write this, I realized that I have grown much through my experiences here and have, at the very least, started on the road to self improvement. I don't think I'm the best student here in Amityville. Likewise, I don't think I'm at the very bottom. I count myself as being average, but I don't find any shame in that. I know I've learned a lot in my time here, and that I'll continue to learn more as the days pass.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:08 am
Muka audibly hissed through his sharp teeth at mention of an essay. He cared much more about that than having the teacher make commentary on demons (or more appropriately that they all weren't demons). Writing was horrible and boring. He had someone else do that for him as often as possible!!

The strix shifted in his chair, large wings stretching as much as they could around the narrow chair back. Muka hoped no one had decided to sit behind him because they were regularly going to get feathers in the face.

There was a lot of shifting, a fair bit of dramatic sighing, and even a moment of contemplating how he could possibly convince the professor that he was totally ill-equipped to do such a thing when his ghoulfriend's porcelain face appeared in his subconscious, draped in a scandalous kimono, and waving a small brown bag full of lunch.

Yes.. He needed to find motivation.

Quote:
I came to school with high hopes of making friends and learning many things about the human world. It was my one dream to go there and experience it first hand. I have learned that perhaps there is more to our existence than such things. In my attempts to become a proper civilized member of society I have discovered that becoming an adult is not so difficult as it was made out. Perhaps I am slightly detached emotionally, it has been said to me by my father on occasion, but through various horrific events on campus I have discovered this only to be to my benefit. I think I have a healthy survival instinct, though I find fighting to not suit my palette. I completed horsemen trials, visited their islands before their destruction, survived shadow monsters on the campus, as well as various Chrismas Town invasions. I have also discovered a flair for the dramatic as I have acted in the Christmas Play. I seem to have a knack for organization and as RA of Monster Dorms I ran this year's House Cup booth.

As always I do not enjoy paperwork. In fact just writing this essay pains me and only pleasant thoughts of my ghoulfriend's reward for completion has even motivated me to complete it. As previously stated, while adept at scaring and stalking, I do not find battle to be enjoyable. I still seem unable to discern the more complicated emotions of others, despite my attempts otherwise, and am beginning to think that such a skill is not something that can be taught. In my time here I have tried to part myself from my family, to be my own gentlemonster, and only discovered that perhaps the human world is not so alluring and that perhaps my future pursuits lay closer to home.

The strix had written more than expected when he leaned back from his paper. He was still thinking of what delicious lunch Needle could have had hidden in that imaginary bag.

omnomnom  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:51 pm

Zar listened indulgently to Darcy, making no move to take notes or anything of the sort. He did twitch his ears however at the mention of demons, mimicking the teacher's follow up glance as he skimmed the non-demons in the room. His feelings towards the other races had softened insofar as it was possible for them to. He considered them fascinating marks. Calder had been most entertaining and left him wondering what other wonders the other types of creature in Halloween might present to him. It was this softened attitude that allowed him to resist the urge to comment on his fellow students and turn his attention back to the task and class at hand.

He let his tail retrieve his paper and pencil, setting them out on the table, before eyeing the page and writing in perfectly neat font.

Quote:

If asked - as I have been - about my present opinions on my life progress, I should say that I have been coping with far greater success in the last few seasons than I have been in the preceding years. Of late I have begun to truly prosper and gain a handle on my true nature. This is a most beneficent turn of affairs as it is inextricably linked to my progress as a citizen and student. In previous years I turned my focus towards suppression of my innate instincts and nature with focus instead redirected towards mastery of administrative duties and paperwork. Since then I have re-evaluated what is beneficial to me and turned my focus towards talents which are more in-keeping with what an Incubus should - at least in my case - be. I have found my strengths to lie in emotions, sensing them, focusing on them and eliciting them and to a certain extent, in the primal almost monstrous and bestial nature of control and the loss thereof. I retain some rudimentary aspects of my involvement with paperwork and administration of my father's company but I do not find joy in these talents.

I have fallen short in connections with my peers and in the social frontier, truly negligent in my development as a social manipulative creature. It will take a great deal more focus to develop this particular aspect further and will no doubt be difficult. On balance however I would assert that I have done admirably as things go, surviving conversion into an insanity-based creature and returning intact from the human world on various occasions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:49 pm
Rosy was here too? Spinar gave little more than a faint smile as the ghoul filtered in and sat near him. His attitude still fairly poor in the moment, an attitude that only got worse at the mention of an essay. The mishap on the instructors part of them not being all demons had honestly slipped past Spinar in his foul mood, though even had it not he wouldn't have commented. His feelings on other races were firmly set in place thanks to family and arrogance, but he had a filter, mostly.

Sitting up straighter Spinar stretched and gained a snap of his back in the process. Some tension relieved from his body the boil shifted and pulled out the paper and pencil from instructed drawer. For what seemed like an hour pale blues stared at the blank paper on the desk, thoughtful in their gaze. An essay about himself, or more so his accomplishments and growth? Snorting, pencil was lifted and gently put to paper, proper cursive written to create 'In' as he let thoughts pour out.

Quote:

In the beginning I entered the academy with high hopes of obtaining more power, however it wasn't my only agenda. To be perfectly honest I came more for the thrill of new experiences, those of which I found and some of which found me. As for how I think I am doing thus far, a very good question, I believe I'm doing well though I'm not the one that really judges this am I? Validate yes, so I will.

During my stay here so far I've acquired a few followers or as some would call them friends, some interesting instruction from as close to a mentor as possible and well more than a handful of enemies and how should I say..potential contract candidates. Thus my goal for power is one step closer, seeing as how social connections are the backbone.

Social accomplishments aside, I've also managed to improve my physical strength or lack their of as it pains me to admit. Acquiring skills from various offered classes, summoning being one of a few skills obtained through diligence and persistence. While improving my skill set, I've also managed to increase my actual battle capability. This is where I will admit my thankfulness of coming here, since spars against others, well those were unheard of previously. Here I was able to challenge myself by taking other creatures head on, a few times I was proven the weaker of the match but in this I did learn something..strategy is key, strength is truly nothing if you don't know how to use it properly...

As for shortcomings while few there are I will admit to lacking a certain focus on select things. I realize now as I think back that I could have, should have attempted to gain a great skill set along with more independent studies of others but as it was it was simply more fun not to do so. Though, I find it hardly all my own fault, considering most classes offered here seem to leave us students far worse off than we were previously, example being a certain class in which I was turned rainbow by a goof monsters mistake. However some activities offered here were most impressive, my trip into the human world would be most memorable even if it was short visit and didn't go so well. Scarlings of the human variety are much stronger than I had credited them and so I regret to admit my ...scaring skills lacked a certain shock to them during this trip. Something to 'improve' on I suppose? No something I will certainly strive to improve on in my following years here since the human world is still as alluring to me as ever, more so now as I remember my mistake. I wasn't even on par with the ToTers, barely with peers, a shame I will not forget but fix if given the chance once more.

In closing I do find that my time wasn't entirely wasted here and in fact I have as stated learned many a things some of which I choose not to mention but of those that have been well you can see the progress for yourself I'd hope.

There he was done, placing his pencil down Spinar spared a glance towards the ghoul a desk away and then turned his bored gaze to the instructor.  

Cheekiebirdiee

Mysterious Kitten

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:43 am
Taking out his favorite blue pen, Etzer tapped his lips thoughtfully with the end of it, making a tiny takka takka noise. He smirked as the teacher fumbled over demons, glancing to the other students in the room. It was a slight mistake, and one he hoped others weren't offended by.

Ah well. Not everyone could be demons.

Opening the drawer to find a pencil and paper, Etzer glanced wistfully at his blue pen and put it away to grasp the pencil. Best to follow the rules, after all. Molan would be rolling his eyes at him at this moment.

The frost demon thought. And thought.

And thought some more.

And then began to write.

Quote:
It is with great accomplishment that I write to you now, realizing my strengths and weaknesses. I am quite well, and you? Though you cannot answer at this moment, I hope you are doing well. I cannot imagine your job must be easy.

He glanced to the teacher, and back to his paper to continue writing. Best to be honest.

Quote:
I was sent here by my father to learn things he wanted me to learn, but have been... slacking as of late. It took my brother and boilfriend to make me realize what my true potential was, instead of aimlessly wandering around flirting with everything on legs. And reading. Books are addicting, after all - those Choose Your Own Adventure ones. Have you read any?

Nevertheless. My strengths are sewing clothing, and hopefully friends, though I rather think I am terrible at it. I need to stay in contact more to those that matter. My greatest weakness is fighting. That I am terrible at, and need to greatly improve in this matter.

Ah, and there's the problem of getting bloody noses when I overdress

Jack damn it. A drop of blood fell onto the paper and Etzer grimaced, shrugging off his jacket to better cool his body, draping it over the back of the chair. He'd overdressed to impress, and now his body was screaming at him that it was too hot.

The frost demon pinched the bridge of his nose to stop the bloodflow, silent. Hopefully this wouldn't deduct points.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:01 am
Rosy arches a brow at the comment before she glance around the room. Shaking her head, she crossed her arms for a moment. She wasn't a demon, but this didn't mean anything to her. She was proud that she was a Ghost, proud of who she was. Relaxing, she takes the pen and paper as she looks down at it.

An essay, about herself? This made her chew on her lip for a moment as she thought. It was only after a smile forms across her lips, then she glance around again before she place her pen tot he paper and started to write.

Quote:
I didn’t want to come to Amityville, in fact, I was forced to come here, dragging my older brother with me. My mother thought it would be a good idea for me to come here – and as much as I don’t want to admit she was right… She was. When I got here, all I wanted to do was go to the maul, hang out with friends and prank people.

I can honestly say that one of my accomplishments is that isn’t quite the case anymore. Classes here have been really fun, and I’ve made a lot of new friends because of them. One of my biggest accomplishments though, is co-founding the Amityville Minipet Hangout, with a friend of mine – a Kitsune named Tavi. He and I both share a passion for minipets, and we wanted to give others a place where they could spend time with their minis and really get to know them. With any luck, we’ll be able to bring a lot of people the joy of spending time with their minipets. We even roped my older brother into helping – he’s big on training minipets and he wants to see if he can teach others to do the same.

One thing that I lacked at the start of this year, was a desire to attend school dances. When Prom came around I didn’t want to go. I’ve always had a fear of dances, I’m not sure why. A lot of my friends wanted me to go and eventually they convinced me. I’m really glad they did. It was actually really fun, and I was able to get over my fear of dances. So I managed to conquer one of my fears.

Another accomplishment was being the last Year One standing during a battle-royal event hosted by a Trick-or-Treater. I was the only Snot to last to the end, I even beat some Hobs. Then came the House Cup and I helped the Ghost Dorms beat out the Demon dorms. I did my best, so while we didn’t win, we gave it our best shot.

I’ve grown a lot since I came to Amityville, but I think I still lack a total understanding of my ability to walk in people’s dreams. That’s something I really want to focus on in the future, and get better at. I can see it becoming a very strong asset in the future. But right now I still have a lot of work to do before it’s really useful. One thing I lack, is a solid goal toward where I want to go as far as a career. There are so many options, and I’m not sure which one really suits me best. Something I want to accomplish in the future, is figuring out what exactly I want to do after I graduate from Amity. With the Minipet Club, classes and everything else that happens around here, I’m looking forward to continuing my education here at Amityville. There is still so much for me to learn.

Dropping her pen, she looks over what she wrote for a brief moment before smiling. Leaning back in her chair, she glance towards the demon one chair over then back towards the teacher, just waiting.  

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:21 pm
As they Finished, Darcy stood, walked to the front of the board- and tapped it. Very slowly at first, the writing began to move. Then it picked up. Faster the words scrolled across, spun around, the symbols glowing a deep rich copper. "Now as you may or may not know, words have power. They are used in spells and enchantments, such as what is cast into both the chalk I used to write with, and this board I wrote upon. When certain enchantments are combined they can do a variety of things, this one for example-"

As his words faded, so did figures walk out from the enchanted board. To every student, their was one figure. But- each figure was distinct in appearance. It was someone they held high in account, the person whom they most wished to impress- one who drove them, pushed them to become better. This figure was theirs and theirs alone. The world around them swirled, and only briefly did they see Darcy light a single candle- the only thing that ground them to where they had been- to where they now stood, in a vast expanse of darkness, alone, with that single figure whom they shared a bond.

As the students would find themselves alone, these figure began angry, volatile, demanding answers, demanding progress, reminding of all their failures, their weaknesses. In the Darkness they heard one other voice-
"Show me what you have learned". A teacher's demand- to face the demands of another.

Quote:
OOC:

To basically sum it up, Your student thinks they are now alone in a vast dark space with nothing but a candle and their shadow born 'companion'. This companion is someone who they either felt pressured by, looked up to, wanted to be, was a mentor, parent, etc- this isn't your love interest OR your friend. This is supposed to be someone from your character's history that shaped them before and perhaps even during the time at Amity. This figure is up to you guys to pick and whatnot (obviously) and they are either characteristically or uncharacteristically pissed and demanding to know just what your student has accomplished.

This is yes, a solo prompt with a focus on character backstory and development. Your character must either resolve the conflict, or run from it. To escape the confrontation snuff the candle and quote me for further prompting. If you choose to resolve the conflict- it doesn't have to end on a good note. Perhaps you chase away the figure. Perhaps you lie and placate them. All you need to do is get the 'character' to leave.

You have until sunday at 11 PM CST (9PST) to complete this portion of the exam. Contact me if you have any questions/concerns.

Pixie Krysta Ordreg
Cheekiebirdiee
Melodine Cantus
iloveyouDIE
Kanth
Baneful

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers