Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Contests & Quests
Mar 2014 - Theme Tektek Comp (and bonus comp) - Open Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Entering?
  yep
  nope
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to March Avatar Madness.

Thats right this month is the month to let your gaian creativity shine. Each week for four weeks you will be given a theme of which you will need to create two avatars.

Don't worry if you are not a master of TEKTEK there will be a chance for you to get a lot of points just by taking part. Or just post daily (any number of posts) for a extra chance to win. (No avi entries required).

For each weeks theme you will need to make both...

1) A "Dream Avatar"

For this you can use any number of items, of any worth, with any layering.

2) A Limited Item Avatar

For this you can ONLY use the items in the link (limited item link just above).

This is my invo, dont be too worried about the limit, I have several thousand items. (In the tektek enviro I have over 7,500 item poses alone).

Rules:

1) Read all the first 3 posts, and follow them.
2) Entries must be PM'ed to me (Sagebomb), no entries will be accepted in thread. Cuttoffs are explained in the next thread.
3) All entries must be made in Tektek.
4) Dream and Enviro entry MUST be SIGNIFICANTLY different to each other.
5) You may only submit one avi for each category, each week (Aka 2 avis, per 4 weeks = 8 total)

I will post the entries and scores after the close of the week, after I have gotten public opinion to help me score them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:01 pm
Scoring and Prizes

Each avatar will be scored out of 10, which means a maximum score of 20 each week.

Score Break Down

First 2 points are from just entering a avi.

Next 3 points are for theme, and are guaranteed just for matching the theme regardless of entry quality.

Thats right you get P just for entering a avi of the the them. Which means even if you arent good at tekteking.

The next 5 will come from how good your avi looks within the theme. This is subjective I know. So it will come from a combination of what I think combined with me getting opinions from public forums like the CB and/or the avi forum.

This will apply to BOTH avis.

Themes

Start times are at 00:00:01, and end times are 23:59:59 Pacific (gaia time)

Week 1 (Mar 1 - Mar 7) - ANIMAL ANTICS (You may dress as a animal, or be among animals, or both but you must base your avi around animals) NEW PET BASES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE (sorry).

Week 2 (Mar 8 - Mar 14) - ANGELS OR DEMONS (You may be angelic or demonic, you may still only enter one in each comp, but you dont need to be the same thing for both. So Angel dreams, and Demonic limits, or vice versa is fine)

Week 3 (Mar 15 - Mar 21) - Elementals Earth, Fire, Wind - water - heart....go planet.. Well the first four at least. You must make a avi out of the four physical elements. Your dream and limited CANNOT be the same element.

Week 4 (Mar 22 - Mar 28 ) - MONOCROME - You can base your avi around any colour but it must be at least 75% that colour, the less of other colours they better. Shades within colours are allowed. (Like navy and teal can both be counted as blue)

Prizes

Most Points - 4m gold
Second Most Points 2m gold
Third Most Points 1m gold

Bonus Prize 1m.

One random user will recieve 1m gold for making a post on a given day. This day will be generated at the end of the month. For the generated day I will make a alphabetical list of all people who posted on that day. I will then generate a number based on that list. That person will win the gold. Number of posts on that day does not matter and more posts will neither help or hinder your chances.

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:03 pm
Entries and Scores

Entries for week three recieved from

Cadenza of the Heart

Entries for week two received from:

tanqela
Citrus Novii
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx (limited only)
Cadenza of the Heart

Entries for week one received from:

tanqela
SweetRainbowAngel
xxiibunnyboo (Dream only so far)
Shymagical
Cadenza of the Heart
__r.d.__ (Enviro only)
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Icklekins
Euphemia Valerie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:06 pm
~Reserved~

Questions, thoughts, comments. Go ahead.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:27 pm
Quote:
One random user will recieve 1m gold for making a post on a given day. This day will be generated at the end of the month. For the generated day I will make a alphabetical list of all people who posted on that day. I will then generate a number based on that list. That person will win the gold. Number of posts on that day does not matter and more posts will neither help of hinder your chances.
lol  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:36 pm
do i need to make both? (limited and dream)
are the prizes different from limited and dream?  

Vancielle

Shy Bear

__r.d.__

Kindly GO

10,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:40 pm
I suppose I'll play your game. You twisted herpes monster, you. cat_evil  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:05 pm
Okay let me some this up.
Once a week you give us a theme like this week was have Animal Antics. That's the theme. And we do both a dream avatar and a limited avatar the the theme... or just choice either dream or limited... or are these both separate contests? x.x

And I don't get the time thing... oh wait. never mind so your indicating that like on March 7th when the contest ends it'll be getting in the PST time. Like my day s are eastern standard time. So technically I have until March 8th at 2:29am to submit my entry because I'm 3 hours ahead? But I can't start the new theme until March 8th at 3am EST.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:16 pm
Vancielle
do i need to make both? (limited and dream)
are the prizes different from limited and dream?

As it states in OP you need to make both.

But technically if you only did one, then you would just get a maximum 10/20 possible points. Since as stated in the second post the score out of 10 applys to both.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:17 pm
__r.d.__
I suppose I'll play your game. You twisted herpes monster, you. cat_evil

Awesomeness ^_^  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:21 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Okay let me some this up.
Once a week you give us a theme like this week was have Animal Antics. That's the theme. And we do both a dream avatar and a limited avatar the the theme... or just choice either dream or limited... or are these both separate contests? x.x

And I don't get the time thing... oh wait. never mind so your indicating that like on March 7th when the contest ends it'll be getting in the PST time. Like my day s are eastern standard time. So technically I have until March 8th at 2:29am to submit my entry because I'm 3 hours ahead? But I can't start the new theme until March 8th at 3am EST.

I thought

"For each weeks theme you will need to make...

1) A "Dream Avatar"

For this you can use any number of items, of any worth, with any layering.

2) A Limited Item Avatar "...

Was relativly clear that you need to make both.

And then that the scoring rules apply to both.

As well as "Each avatar will be scored out of 10, which means a maximum score of 20 each week."

I guess I could update it to make it more clear. Though Im not totally sure why its not clear.

yeah each one is a week and ends 1 second before midnight friday night/sat morning. I used PST because although its not relevant to me it is the default time on gaia forums since thats the time where gaia is based.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:14 pm
female base only right?  

Vancielle

Shy Bear

randum_unicorn

Muscular Cat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:53 pm
I have no idea what antic means~ emotion_yatta
I should google it- emotion_0A0 Wait it's to late I already submitted my avatars damn. emotion_donotwant It's all fine, my avatars are just fine... emotion_drool  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:18 pm
Yaaay so excited! I'll have to wait until Monday though... Stupid busy schedule. crying  

Icklekins

Winter Warrior

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:29 am
Vancielle
female base only right?