Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Unwanted Fate: Return of Evil {Elphy/Dragon} Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:43 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

I'm at war with the world and they
      Try to pull me into the dark
      I struggle to find my faith
      As I'm slippin' from your arms

It's getting harder to stay awake
      And my strength is fading fast
      You breathe into me at last

It was a beautiful early summer morning. The gentle breeze offered a slight respite from the growing heat. On breeze, the sent of wild flowers, earth, and life could be detected. The trees around Sky whispered about this and that, the sound soothing his soul. No matter his mind set, being out in the forest always calmed Sky's mind, allowing the tension to drain away. Today was no exception. Soon his life long friend would arrive, and together they would do what they always did, escape from their oppressive lives for a few short hours.

Today they had agreed to take light-planes and fly over the forest instead of traveling through the forest on light-cycles. Sky loved the feeling of being high up, and shooting through the air as a bird would. Completely free. As his thoughts wandered, he absently took out the short metal rod from his pocket and fiddled with it between his fingers. It was pretty plain and ordinary looking, with it's smooth surface. The only noticeable distinction was the white band in the center of the rod. When he was ready to engage the contraption, he would "break" the rod in half at the white band. Immediately, energy would flow out, constructing the vehicle in seconds, which would then turn into solid matter thanks to the innovations of the latest magical/techno revolution. When he was done using the plane, it would deconstruct and return to the rod form once again, awaiting the next use.

I'm at war with the world cause I
Ain't never gonna sell my soul
I've already made up my mind
No matter what I can't be bought or sold

When my faith is getting weak
And I feel like giving in
You breathe into me again

(Think of light-vehicles like the vehicles from Tron)
elphy_and_fiyero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:07 pm
User Image

๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ช "๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ต" ๐“’๐“ป๐“ช๐”€๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ

My feet pounded on each step as I ran down the staircase. I was running late. Again. A habit I was still trying to break. Sky was waiting for me at our spot. I wanted to fly again. We both did. But I was always late. To everything. Mother always threatened to turn my cat, Lucinda, into a watch. My poor cat. Not like it would help anyway.

I ran into the kitchen where our servant was making breakfast for our family. My little brother, Nathaniel, sat at the kitchen table already devouring his pancakes like the little animal he was. I patted his head and grabbed two bagels along with some butter and cinnamon.
"Where's the fire, dearie?" Sadie was like a second mother since our mother was usually busy.

"No time to talk. Gotta run!" I responded as I ran out the door. Sadie yelled a say hello to Sky response. Cursed Sadie always knowing where I was going. But it didn't matter I was still late. I summoned my broom and sped off. The wind blew past my hair but it was just a distraction. I sped faster. I always felt guilty every time I was late. Sky should have been used to it by now. I was never on time for anything.

Sky was sitting in his usual spot. I landed next to him and disapperated my broom.
"Sorry I'm late. I brought breakfast!" I smiled as I handed him a freshly toasted bagel. I quickly buttered mine and added cinnamon to it. My favorite. I sat down next to him as I enjoyed my own bagel. Soon it would be time to fly. Together. "By the way, Sadie says hi."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Magic is my true color"

โ˜†ยท.ยธยธ.ยทยดยฏ`ยท.ยธยธ.โ˜†

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:23 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

Sky found himself drifting back into memories he shouldn't think about as he sometimes did when his mind was free to wander. He found himself with his parents, he wasn't still little as he remembered having to crane his neck way up to see their faces. They were talking to someone about stuff he didn't understand. The memory shifted and he found himself being tucked into bed by his parents. They looked sad.

"Mommy, Daddy? Why you sad?" He would ask.

His parents told him them that he was different. That life for him would be harder than for most because he couldn't use magic. Sky remembered the sadness that tore at his heart for a while, but then Mel somehow managed to bring him out of that dark place. Sure, she was rich, had servants to tend to her every need and want, all magic schools had tried to get her as a student. The girl had skills and the power to do more than most anyone else her age could dream of. But, for some reason she enjoyed spending her time with Sky.

He looked up as a shadow blotted out the sun and Mel arrived on her broom stick. "What else is new?" Sky joked as he took the bagel and dipped his head at her in thanks. A slight moan escaped his mouth as Sky took a bite. "How does she do this? Her food is always so amazing!" Sky wonders allowed as he gobbles the bagel down, sad to eat it so fast but eager to get into the sky. "Come on, times a wasting." Sky says standing up. "There's a cliff over there that is high enough for me to engage the light-plane." Sky points towards a path in the trees. "Why were you late this time?" He asks waiting for her to join him.

elphy_and_fiyero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:28 pm
User Image

I chowed down on my bagel as quickly as I could. The sooner we had finished the sooner we could fly. It was one thing to fly on a broom but it was another thing to fly with Sky. No matter what was going on with my life, parent's ignoring me, stress over school, I knew I could always count on Sky to be there. Having schools fight over me was exhausting. Having people fight over me to be their friend was even worse. Sky had always been there since the beginning. Since we were kids. I trusted him. I knew no matter what we would always end up laughing about the dumbest things.

It was late at night and I could only hope I had flown to the right window, my eyes were flooded with tears. I tapped on the glass and waited. Normally, I would have just opened the window myself but it was the middle of the night and I didn't really want to be rude. Then again, I was waking him up. Sky groggily opened the window.
"Mel?" He asked. "You could have just waited till tomorrow to tell me about your date." I wiped my tears and flew in. This couldn't wait.

I tossed my broom aside and collapsed on his bed where I grabbed the closest pillow to embrace.
"That bad, huh?" Sky asked. More tears flowed.

An hour later we were sitting on the floor and playing some board game he had in his closet.
"I swear to you Ms. Wildhurn kisses a frog every night to see if it turns into a prince!" I laughed as I rolled the dice.

"It doesn't make sense," Sky argued,"why wouldn't she just turn them into a prince?" I shrugged.

"Who knows?" I shrugged. "Maybe she likes to kiss frogs. She has to be an expert by now." I moved my piece the right amount of spaces and then smiled. "I win." I looked over at the clock. It was really late. We said our goodbyes and I flew out the window only to hover. "Thanks Sky," I smiled. "You're the best."

That wasn't the first or last time I made trip like those. Sky was my best friend. I could count on him for anything. Including understanding why I was late again. I finished my bagel and stood by Sky where I took out at little compact mirror. The mirror, with some magic, who form into the my cycle. Besides riding it, I always loved to see it form. The two mirrors would break off and form the light-wheels. The rest would connect and form itself. I always loved to watch because it made my adrenaline pump. I turned back to Sky. "Nathaniel tried a transfiguration spell on my clock. I think he tried to turn it into a dog or something because it now has fur and a tail and barks at Lucinda." I twirled my compact mirror in my hands, my heart already racing. "But I'm here now, finally." I tossed my mirror into the air in front of me. With a wave of my hand the two mirrors separated and formed into my bike. And what a glorious sight she was. "Race ya," I smiled wickedly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Magic is my true color"

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:45 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

With the mention of her kid brother trying to work such a complex spell and messing it up, it brought back memories of Mel trying to show off and accidentally turning her dog into some kind of cat-dog hybrid monster thing. It was blind and really fast, which made it hilarious to try and catch as he raced through her house, destroying many irreplaceable items. Poor thing was so scared it ran away after Mel's dad had restored its natural form. Laughing, Sky said "Tried to? So is it more clock or animal now? Be happy he didn't try the spell on you." Sky finishes by nudging Mel. "You'd probably be barking at poor Sadie right now."

When she breaks out the light-cycle and smiles evilly, Sky grimaces. "I only brought the plane. Give me a lift?" Sky asks, trying not to roll his eyes because Sky knew Mel would probably refuse just to watch his reaction.

elphy_and_fiyero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:43 pm
User Image

I huffed. Imagining my little brother turning my clock into a dog on purpose was a little unheard of. Now trying to turn me into a dog was another story. "Most likely he was trying to aim at me and just missed. So one of these days, if I don't show up make sure we haven't miraculously gotten a dog." I jumped on my bike and revved it up. It purred like a kitten. The lights illuminated around all the edges as if she was excited to see me. My darling bike hated to be a mirror. She loved the wind. Just as I did. A broom was one thing but my precious bike was another.

When Sky asked for a lift, I laughed a little and rolled my eyes.
"Yeah right, when you have a plane ready to fly these skies I don't think so pal." I waited for Sky to take out his plane. My adrenaline was pumping faster and faster. No broom could ever fly as fast as my bike and his plane. They were both designed for that purpose.

As kids, Sky and I always enjoyed running as fast as we could but we always wanted to go faster. It wasn't until I was reading in my mother's book of spells did I find an enchantment to make any item a flying broom. After more research and study I realized I could make any item into any vehicle I wished or even designed. So, of course, Sky was all on board. As I looked at my bike, my father's words rang in my head.

"All magic comes with a price." Those words forever haunted me with every spell I casted. But all I have ever really thought of as a price was the fact that every school wanted me and everyone wanted to be my friend. So I never really thought much of it though I could still hear those words as if my father had said them to me yesterday.

I snapped out of it and revved up the bike as my excitement continued to grow.
"Come on, while I'm still young," I teased.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:52 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

As his suspicions were confirmed, Sky rolled his eyes again and shook his head. "I'll keep it in mind to make sure you aren't four footed and furry....On second thought, you might be nicer as a dog." Sky jokes. On her comment of getting out of there, Sky nods and responds, "The trees are too close, I need space. Meet you at the cliff." And with that, Sky shoots off running through the trees. True, Mel would have the advantage on him right now, but even when they were kids, he was always a fast runner. Now as a young adult, his physical stamina was at its peak, and he could run for miles and miles without stopping. His breath came in easy and controlled spurts, his arms pumped as his feet his the ground. On impulse, Sky jumped into the air and caught a branch of a tree, and threw his body forward. Again he caught a branch, and again he sailed forward, and upward, gaining altitude and speed. The pain in his arms and hands soon began to increase significantly. So Sky swung himself up onto a branch and grabbed the closest branch to steady himself. He was at least fifty feet in the air, and the forest around him opened up. He could see the cliff drop off just ahead by a few hundred feet. So gathering his courage, Sky jumped off the branch and fell to the ground. Branches passed his speedy descent, and he grabbed onto many, slowing his fall until he was only five feet from the ground. He landed heavily and winced. Doing a drop like that was very hard on his body, but it was fun, one wrong move and he could fall to his death.

Taking a moment, Sky gathered himself, and jogged to the cliff. A strong breeze hit him, cooling his sweaty body and revitalizing him with a sense of freedom. Just before him, a cliff dropped off for half a mile, meeting he forest at its base and continuing on into the distant horizon. Smiling to himself, Sky took out the small metal rod and without thinking of what he was gonna do, launched himself head first off the cliff. Wind tore at his body and his heart hammered in his chest and ears. Adrenaline rushed through his system and everything was clear to Sky, all details and information passing through his mind in nanoseconds. Sky grabbed the rod with both hands and broke it in half. Immediately, green energy exploded out of the two halves, drawing the plane into existence around him. A moment later, the plane was finished, black metal with green lines of glowing energy tracing itself around the body and wings of the craft. The two rod pieces had become the controls of the vehicle, and Sky angled them down to deploy the flaps. Air caught the tail and leveled out the plane. Moments later, beeping could be hear, signalling the thrusters were charged and ready.

With a twist of one hand, the four turbo-busters activated with a slight hum, and not even a second later, Sky was shooting over the forest at Mach-1, he turned the craft around and shot back over the forest and up heading back to the cliff. Once there, he waited for Mel, utilizing the hover feature to remain close to the cliff. He loved this thing, Mel had made it for him for his last birthday, and it was one of a kind, capable of supersonic flight and was powered by the natural mana flow that coursed through the land.

elphy_and_fiyero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:26 pm
User Image

As Sky raced towards the cliff, I couldn't help but stay back a little bit and close enough to see him but far away to where he couldn't see or here me. This was the part I hated the most; his little running and jumping fiasco. Sure, we were adrenaline junkies; Sky especially. But I hated seeing him put his life on the line. He was my best friend and if I ever lost him.........

That couldn't happen. This wouldn't happen. It was why I always followed him when he ran off like that. With each jump he took, my heart leaped with him. Once he reached the cliff I hovered as he jumped in the air. This was it. The big leap of faith. I could hardly breathe. With the bike just levitating in the air, I held out my hand ready to catch him with any magic as he broke the pole. I prayed to the gods above that all would be right. That his plane would form and he would shoot off in the air and not fall to his death. Sky broke the pole and within seconds the pole transformed into his plane. His favorite. Growing up, I always knew he loved planes. In any form.

But I had to have faith in the enchantment I had casted on the pole. Sure,we had done this before but I always had a sinking feeling that one of these days it wouldn't transform into a plane. I didn't care how good people said I was at magic. The minute I stopped being cautious with things like this was the minute Sky would be in danger. Or anyone else I cared about.

"All magic comes with a price."

My father's words once more ringing in my head as if by a bell. I would forever hate that saying. It was moments like these, the days I worried about those I cared about, where I hated magic. The plane's engine brought me out of my train of thought. I could breathe again. I revved up my bike and caught up with Sky putting on my best smile. "Every time,"
I smiled, mentioning him beating me. "Let's ride!" I yelled and speed off into the sky. As I rode, a short trail of light followed behind my bike as if making a sky rode. I looked behind me to turn back to Sky. "Come on, slow poke!"
I laughed.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:57 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

"You did not just call me a slowpoke!" Sky called out, and tilted the controls forward. The plane began to move, and with a slight twist of his hand, powered up the boosters once again and he was off, chasing after Mel, a faint stream of green light following in his wake. He accelerated a bit more, staying away from Mel to protect her from his air stream, but managed to get ahead of her a little bit. With a tilt of his hands, he made the plane corkscrew through the air a couple times before leveling out. The controls weren't entirely manual of course, the systems in the plane were top notch, and with a recently added neural uplink, the plane could fly itself in however Sky wanted with just a thought. However, he liked having the things controls in his grasp.

After some time flying together, Sky started to get nervous. They had entered an unknown sector of the forest, and his navi-system had lost contact with the host server in the city. Something that had never happened before. Mountains rose in all directions. The forest was also changing, instead of the usual variety of trees and plants, only cedar trees could be seen, tall and dark beneath them. A sense of unease was building in Sky's chest when something happened. It was like the feeling of static electricity moving over your skin. The moment the feeling was gone, all systems in the plane shut down. A moment later, the engines stopped and the plane fell from the sky. Skyler had practiced moments of total instrument failure just in case something had happened but it took a few precious seconds to recall his training.

His mind cleared and he pulled the controls up, deploying the flaps and somewhat controlling the descent. Sky gritted his teeth as the forest rose up to greet him, and seconds later, the sound of the trees scraping on the belly of the craft, then something caught the tail and ripped it right off, sending him and the plane straight down into the forest.

Impact was lessened by the strong tree branches, and when the plane hit the ground, it was a lot better than it should have been. Stunned, Sky stay in his seat for minutes as his thoughts swam erratically. Finally coming to his senses, Sky unbuckled his restraints and slowly got out of the craft. It was on it's side, both wings and tail gone, dozens of holes punched through the sides. How could that happen? Complete system failure? Maybe Mel... Sky thought, then jumped, looking around for his friend. "Mel!" Sky called out when he noticed that she was nowhere to be seen. Had she gone down too? Was she hurt? Dead? "Melina! Where are you?!" Sky called out again, cupping his hands around his mouth to amplify his voice. It didn't do much, the trees around him absorbed his shouts. The trees had to be hundreds of feet tall, and they were enormous around the trunk, Sky guessed at least thirty feet in diameter was a the average, and dozens bigger than that. The forest was quiet, dark, and had an ancient and ominous feeling to it. Like he was trespassing in a place left untouched for eons. "Mel! Can you hear me?!"

(Sky passed through a barrier that nullifies all magic. No magic can be used past the barrier. If you enter that's your choice. And I have a reason for the barrier XD)

elphy_and_fiyero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:11 am
User Image

As Sky sped up with me, I tried to go faster but his plane could easily keep up. I guess that was the territory of making two identical vehicles as far as flying magic goes. Sky made a plane corkscrew and I just rolled my eyes. "Show off!" I shouted as he sped up. As we continued on we stayed as close to each other as we could. Just like we normally did. We didn't care what direction we traveled in just as long as we could find our way back which we always could since our vehicles came with magic tracking devices for anyone and any location.

As we continued on, I slowly began to feel uneasy. My mind immediately went to the vehicles magic failing because of me. I shook my head. That wasn't going to happen. My magic never failed. I was a great sorceress and I had been taught by they best so my magic wouldn't fail. But still the feeling remained. Suddenly, mountains came out of nowhere. I dodged and flew over and around as many as I could but they were coming quicker than I expected.

Suddenly, I looked around and I could no longer see Sky. Where had he gone?
"Sky?" I called. No answer. No movement. I was about to call for him again but suddenly a wave of some kind of electrical energy followed over my skin. It gave me goosebumps. Then my little kitten stopped purring. I was in big trouble now. As the bike fell faster and faster towards the ground I tried with all my might to get it started again. I even tried summoning my broom to get away but nothing. What was happening? Just as the bike was about to hit the ground, I jumped off to avoid impact. I seemed to hit the ground harder than I expected because I soon lost consciousness.

I wasn't sure how long I had been out. When my eyes finally fluttered open, my precious bike was in flames. That wasn't the worst of my problems. My head was thumping and I felt like I could barely move. Instantly, I heard a voice but couldn't make out what they were saying.

"Mel! Can you here me?!"

Was that Sky? By the sound of his voice, he was alive. That was a good sign for sure. Slowly, I picked myself up. It was much harder to do since my body ached everywhere from the impact. I tried a healing spell on myself but nothing. No magic? That must have been some impact. No. This wasn't happening. My magic was fine. I was fine. I was just a little dizzy is all. Yeah, that was it.

"Sky," I said, my voice barely audible. He wouldn't here that. Again, I shook my head to wake my brain up. "Sky! I'm over here!" I shouted which wasn't a good idea. My own shouting caused my head to ring. This wasn't good. I had no magic at the moment. My bike was dead and I may have been injured. All Sky had to do was follow the smoke. My precious bike was toast. Great.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:00 am
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

Sky was becoming worried, he didn't know where he was, or why he was in this situation. He wandered, doing his best to keep his sense of direction. No sign of Mel, had she gone down too? Or was she lucky enough to stay in the air? Sky didn't know. After searching for what felt like hours, Sky had become hopelessly lost in this place, and fear was beginning to clutch at his chest with a vengeance. Movement caught at the edge of his vision caught his attention. Snapping his head to see what it was, all he found was empty forest. Again movement from the opposite direction alerted him, and again there was nothing there. "Mel? Is that you? Quite playing around." Sky called out. No response. A twig snapped behind him, and Sky spun around. Nothing. A shiver ran down his spine and a sense of danger assaulted his mind Run, run, run! his instincts told him.

He knew that predators existed in the forest, most of which were very formidable and dangerous, many of which had the ability to manipulate mana in unique ways to deceive and trap their prey. His heart pounding and his breath coming in short spurts, Sky looked all around him. He was alone as far as he could tell. But that was a total truth, and his instincts had never been wrong before. Deciding to risk it, and find out what was following him, Sky lurched into a run. Shooting between trees in a zigzag. He couldn't jump to any of the branches, they were to high up, so he was grounded.

Finally after around an hour of running, Sky had to stop. His chest was on fire, his legs and shoulders hurt, and his mind was to panicked. He had to calm down. As he slowed, he made an effort to see where he was. Turning in a 360, Sky took in his surroundings. In the distance to the right, there seemed to be some kind of structure. Even from this distance, it was obviously unnaturally made. His legs recuperated slightly, and his lungs taking in air easier, Sky jogged over to get a better look.

It was a castle, ancient and crumbling with moss and ivy covering the outer surface almost entirely. The walls around it had fallen long ago, but many of the walls of the castle itself still stood strong. As Sky was looking at the castle, he noticed a faint smell in the air. Smoke. Maybe it was Mel? He looked up, but the trees were too tall to see the sky. Following his nose, it took just five minutes to find Mel. Her light-cycle destroyed and smoking, it had obviously fallen like his plane. Mel was on the ground a little ways away from it. "Mel! Mel are you okay?" Sky shouted, running to her and kneeling down.

elphy_and_fiyero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:32 am
User Image

It took several minutes for my mind to recover from the fall as well as the shock of losing my best friend, temporarily, and my bike. My body still ached from the impact. My muscles would be sore for days if I didn't heal my body but first thing was first.Once my mind was clear I tried my magic again. I had to find Sky. Turning to my flaming ride, I figured saying the spell out loud would be easier on my mind and my magic. Baby steps, Mel. Baby steps.

I stepped forward and took a deep breath as I focused on my bike. This was going to work. I was sure of it. As I raised my hands to cast the spell, I had to pump myself up. I was weak without magic. Not to mention helpless. But this had to work. I was the best right?........Right.
"Iam reficere," I chanted.

I waited.

And waited. But nothing. Not even a spark from my fingertips. I couldn't even feel the burning of the magic within in my chest. Something was indeed wrong. The flames danced in front of me as if mocking me. I had to find Sky and figure this out. But I had heard his voice. He was looking for me first. The best thing to do was to stay put. I was, after, sitting by a giant help signal.

I waited for about an hour. With each passing minute, my worry for my best friend grew more. Just when I felt like giving up on him and find him for myself I heard the tree begin to move. I tensed up and played dead. I don't know why but it was better than them killing me. Whoever they were. A felt a body kneel next to me. I was ready to attack them if I needed to. But when I opened my eyes I saw it was.......

"Sky!" I embraced him in a hug but then pushed pack where I resulted in punching him arm. "What took you so long?!" Just as he was about to answer I put my hands up. "You know what? I don't want to know. We have bigger problems. I can't use magic. It's gone." My heart continued to drop as it was really sinking in. Would I ever be able to use magic again?

Suddenly, in the distance I heard a twig snap.
"We need to get out of here. Whoever is in this forest will find the fire and will then find us."

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:19 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

Sky found himself smiling when he learned that Mel was okay, but a horrible sense of dread engulfed him. If she couldn't use her magic, they were literally defenseless. Sky didn't carry weapons on him regularly, which at the moment he cursed himself silently for. His eyes went distant a moment as he thought of possible reasons why Mel's magic would abandon her. There were ways to negate magic, Sky knew that. But all of them were of a very high level of magic. "That explains how our vehicles failed then." The snap behind them alerted Sky and he spun around, looking for what had caused the noise. Nothing.

"Listen, there's a castle a little ways away, can you walk?" Sky asked, keeping his voice calm and his body language under control. He knew Mel would be disheveled with the loss of her powers, and he couldn't risk sending her into a panic attack. "No, I'll do it for you." And with that, he scooped her up in his arms, making sure her arms were secure around his neck and set off at a trot. Mel wasn't a large girl, but dead weight wasn't easy to move no matter how light she was. Without magic, Sky had spent countless hours honing his physical strength and stamina, becoming as fit as possible. He never imagined he would be hundreds of miles away from the city, lost in the woods with a powerless sorceress.

As he jogged with Mel in his arms, Sky did his best to keep an eye on his surroundings. Every so often he heard twigs snap or a shadow in the peripheral would make him double check his surroundings. As they got closer to the castle, the panic began to lessen. The sense of danger abated once they reached the castle. Sky carried Mel around the outer wall, searching for a safe way through, finding one on the opposite side. Literally not a moment after they crossed the threshold, a sky grew dark and lightning flashed, followed by a enormous blast of thunder. Seconds later, rain began to pour down in sheets, soaking everything in under a minute.

"The whole world is going crazy!" Sky called out as another blast of lightning and thunder rocked the forest. Hurrying, he brought Mel under and alcove and set her down. "Lets see if we can find a safe way in to wait out this storm. Should be safe in here I think" The calm of his voice was gone, and his eyes looked around frantically, trying to see through the veil of pouring rain. His body was already shivering from the cold.

elphy_and_fiyero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:05 pm
User Image

Well, that made me feel a little better. I wasn't losing my mind. Just something caused me to lose my magic.....temporarily. I would get my magic back if it was the last thing I did. I hated not having magic. I hated this feeling. I physically felt weak, as if I had ran a 20 miles without stopping. When Sky asked me if I could walk, I nodded my head. I could walk. Maybe not as fast as he wanted me to go but I could walk.

Apparently, I didn't have a choice in the matter. Within seconds I was scooped up into Sky's arms. Totally unexpected. Something he had never done because he had never had to. This didn't feel right. It made me even more nervous then I already why.
"Sky, put me down." I almost ordered but he refused. It was as if he was ignoring any inclination of putting me down. I almost pushed myself out of his arms but I was too weak. I didn't realize how weak until my mind had calmed down and my adrenaline stopped pumping. I was a limp noodle. Worthless and vulnerable. But it felt good being in his arms. I felt safe though we were far from being safe from any danger.

Who knew what we were going to be up against. Surely, we were not alone in these woods. I could only hope if anyone lived in the castle they would be nice and welcoming. Maybe even it be deserted. But where a castle is deserted there is bound to be someone who lives there. Or something.

What were we going to do without magic? The only thing we could do was form weapons out of sticks or out of pieces from our air-crafts. But we were far from those by now. Even if we did have weapons I wouldn't be able to defend myself. I could barely walk let alone wield a weapon. This was bad. This was really bad.

Sky put me underneath an alcove which had come out of nowhere. As soon as I was set down, the rain came. Of course. What else could go wrong? The rain poured and it poured as if someone had turned on a switch. Something was truly wrong. Someone, or something, was using magic and I was going to find out who it was.

Sky's voice almost shuddered as he tried to act calm. Yeah, none one could be calm in a situation like this. I tried again with my magic.
"Sed lรญbera nos a malo," I said calmly. Still nothing. This wasn't happening. I was the best. I could do any magic! I shook my head and shouted a little louder. "Sed lรญbera nos a malo!" Again, nothing. Nothing but the rain and the thunder. I sat back in frustration. "This can't be happening."

โ˜†โ€ข.ยธยธ.โ€ขยดยฏ`โ€ข.ยธยธ.โ˜†

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:19 pm
User Image

Skylar "Sky" Johanson

Sky takes a seat on the stone next to Mel, looking out as the rain continues to drench everything with a torrential down pour. Apparently losing her magic has her more shaken than he would expect. But who was he to understand the loss? He never had magic, so he couldn't relate on how having the power to do anything one wanted one moment, then literally being powerless the next with no explanation. "Don't worry Mel, you'll get your powers back." Sky reassures her after she tries to cast a spell with no effect whatsoever. Whatever she had been trying to do, Sky was clueless. Having no magic meant missing out on "Spellcasting 101".

A blast of light caught Sky's eye and he looked into the distance. As the light faded, something reflected in the far distance. A moment later, the thunder followed, roaring its fury to the world. Something about that moment sicks in his mind, but he doesn't know why. Instinct driving him, Sky gets back up and walks out in the down pour, looking straight up. "There's something there Mel!" Sky cries out. Another blast of lightning illuminates the sky and Skylar witnesses what his instincts had suggested. As the light fades, a huge dome appears for just a second, the far sides miles away from each other. "Its a barrier! We're in a negation barrier!" Sky shouts to Mel over the thunder. He knows he's right, even if he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

He runs back under the alcove and points in the distance. "Watch." A few moments later, lightning strikes, casting the invisible barrier field into the visible spectrum for a second. "Maybe if we can get past it, your magic will work again."

elphy_and_fiyero

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff