Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:46 am
Though she had been able to keep an outwardly calm state of mind amidst the chaos of her new life, it had been far too long, and there had still been no word from Yuri at all, despite the phone calls, texts, and desperate pleas to whatever deity would listen when she was alone. Unable to take play it cool any longer without doing anything at all, Dove sat down, shaking her head, and tapped out a small message on her phone to her young friends, hoping either Jace or Henrietta had heard something--anything, really-- from the man.

[Hey you guys! Long time no see smile I just have a quick question...Have either of you seen Yuri around lately?]

A response from the boy came back quickly, adding to the grouped message...then another... then another.

[Nope! I'm good though!]

[ I got some new pokemon since I saw you last Dove!]

[Hi Hen! Chester says hi too!]

[And Zap!]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:52 am
[Nope knot four a whale!]

Hen's took a tiny bit longer to come back- she had to work out, over again, how to type a reply into the gear; the technology wasn't a gameboy, so she still hadn't spent a great deal of time getting herself used to it... She certainly hadn't turned off autocorrect.

[He was arriving when we mermaid Blob, though!]

Henrietta was currently hanging, by her legs, upside down, from a low tree branch as she haphazardly messaged the group chat, determined to stay up for as long as she could without getting too dizzy, or feeling painful.

[Were good too! We say Hi all over!]  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:39 am
Dove sighed when both produced a negative response, then shook her head in mild frustration--she knew they were young and it would likely happen, but her worries made her anxious-- as the conversation veered off a bit.

[That's wonderful Jace! I'm sure they're really cool. And you met a mermaid, Hen...? Lovey says hello, too.]

Once that message was typed out and sent, the girl switched over to the gear's phone function and scrolled through for Henrietta's number; talking directly would likely be much easier, now that she knew neither Jace nor Hen had seen him. Maybe Henreitta would have access to someone else who knew, now that she herself had been cut off from a good majority of the trainer group.

She waited (im)patiently for the phone call to be received.

((Tagging from the beach, sorry I'm slow! D: ))

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:55 pm
It would ring for a couple of moments before Henrietta figured out the answer button... and the first sounds that would come through would be Hen's reaction to accidentally losing her grip and ending up on the ground.

"He-WOAH!" A thud or two, a surprised groan, a giggle, and then...
"Hello?! Sorry I was falling outta tree! I'm alright though!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:37 pm
The surprise and groan confused and worried her for a split second before the giggle came through from the other end of the line. The explanation to follow brought back the concern. "Falling out of a tree? You sure you're okay?"

Lovey, finished pampering her daughter, joined the woman on the couch and curled against her leg, tipping her head questioningly as she listened to her speak.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:46 pm
"Huh? Oh, yeah, man, that was fun! I'm fine. Wasn't high up. Gummy didn't fall; he's really acrobatic!" Hen' flicked her gaze up to the stoic little Totodile still sat on a branch.

"How 'bout you? And, no, we didn't meet a mermaid! That would be awesome though! I said that Yuri was there when we met Bub! I think that's the last time I saw him anyway..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:55 pm
Dove shook her head, a motion that wouldn't be seen, but relieved her nonetheless. "Okay, good..."

She listened as Henrietta continued, then closed her eyes, pushing her hair back as she settled back into her couch. "How long ago was that, do you think? And what's Bub?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:09 am
"Uuuuhhh..." Henrietta frowned. How long ago /had/ that been? Hm. "It was when there was snow 'cuz Bub's my Snowlax! He came to life while Yuri was helping Jace and me look for something that made a loud noise!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 pm
"A snowlax...?" she asked curiously, though she was sure she understood already. "That's pretty cool, Hen..."

She looked down at her cast in contemplative, tense silence, frowning when she couldn't get her fingers to move well enough. "Sorry, but you haven't heard from Yuri since then? Like... at all? I haven't talked to him either..." she admitted, allowing the concern into her voice.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:35 pm
"Yeah! It's really neat! I keep worrying he'll try to melt but he seems pretty solid so far, like properly warm. I dunno how, but he's like... a real Snorlax now, just not quite the right colour; he's awesome!"

She paused as Dove admitted to not seeing Yuri for a while either.
"Maybe he went to another region for a bit?" To her, it sounded reasonable; in fact, she couldn't count the number of people she'd forgotten to tell the /first/ time she'd set out for Kodo...
"He's got a 'gear now though right? Cuz he registered and stuff." She remembered that.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:37 am
Despite her worries, Dove grinned a little at the girl's enthusiasm about her new pokemon; a snorlax would make an excellent addition to the girl's team. Now she was curious as to what color it was, given the region's plethora of uniquely colored pokemon. "I can't wait to meet him," she told her, her voice a little warmer now.

The warmth, however, faded a little, at least on her end, and she sighed once more. "Maybe, but... don't you think he would have told someone? His best friend doesn't even know where he is..." she explained, recalling her talk with Flynn on the beach. Granted, she hadn't spoken to the blonde in a while-- he had disappeared as well, not long after-- but it still struck her as odd that he hadn't a clue where Yuri had gone either.

Mention of Yuri's registration and gear drew her eyes up from her knees, and her brow furrowed a little. "Right, but he won't answer it...I'm sure there's a way to track it, but even then, someone could have taken it..." Or he could have left it somewhere. He wasn't exactly careful with his tech. A frown crossed her face as she quickly worked through an idea. "If we can track it, though, maybe we could go see him...It's cold out, though." And that in itself was a massive deterrent.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:00 pm
"Yeah! He's so cool! He'll love to meet you too! He's all big and friendly and stuff, kinda like Dith 'cept Dith's not made of snow. Or a Snorlax. So I guess he's actually pretty different but they're both really cool!"
The girl stopped to consider the information given, taking a moment to listen and consider it.
"I dunno. I know we travelled together and stuff but I don't know him as well as that... I know I could kinda forget to say where I go sometimes... Sometimes I don't even know where I'm going though, so that's kinda why... Hmmm. What? You mean like stolen it?! Man if someone stole Yuri's gear we gotta get it back for him! And, yeah! They can totally be traced or something! Remember when he got hurt that time? They found us super quickly! I bet they were tracking what you used to do it! Cold's okay! You got fire types, 'member? And I got Bub! He's totally good with snow! Cuz he's a Snowlax! And we can totally ask people to help cuz we know a lotta people now! Some of them probably know how to find people, or have pokémon that do!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:58 pm
The comparison to Dith made her smile again, and she suddenly felt much better about having to call her younger friends for help; maybe it wasn't so silly afterall...

She listened carefully as Henrietta talked, still unable to believe that Yuri would go off and tell no one so easily. His gear potentially being stolen was the least of her worries. They had been found quickly when Yuri had been hurt-- she shuddered hard at the memory and found herself something just short of breathless for a moment as panic seeped through her-- so tracking it wouldn't be hard... They did have fire types... and she would have her full team with her...

Asking people to help, however, drew a silence that held a few beats too long before she finally spoke up. "Hen... do you know how to get in touch with Ray?" she asked carefully, feeling more defeated than anything. She wasn't overly fond of the idea, but at this point... she would do almost anything. She might be able to track Yuri on her own, but there was no denying it... Ray would be able to get them there much more efficiently, and, even all things considered, the woman might even know him better than she had ever hoped to in their short time.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:45 pm
The question got a blink, and then a grin.
"Yeah! Course I do! I dunno where she is but we could totally get in touch and ask her for help finding anyone!"
Henrietta was sure that asking Ray was probably a really good idea; if anyone knew how to find people...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:00 pm
A silent sigh on her end, though whether from relief or dread one couldn't tell. "Do you think you could ask her where she is, or if she's closeby...?" she asked, hesitant to add any weight at all to Hen's shoulders. "I'd... I'd like to see her to explain things myself, if that's okay. You could come too, if you want... I'm sure Diana and Lovey would love to see Fluffster, and I need to meet Bub, yeah?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff