Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 pm
Rosie spent a lot more time thinking at night, then she did sleeping, she though that maybe if they got home, that things might not seem to bad, She knew it might be a wait for him to get his memories back, but instead that idea gave her more reason to lay awake restless and hoping.

The events of the last few days continued to play over and over in her mind through out most of the night, when she wasn't wondering if Luke would be himself in the morning, and then she would have to worry about what if he wasn't, then what? Where did she even start...
all the friends that they had, and she knew Luke didn't want them to know... but then there was his new job.

By the next morning, and it was very obvious that Luke still didn't remember. But Rosie took it with stride, maybe some more time would be all it took.

"So, Luke." Rosie said, from the kitchen where she was getting her pokemon to help her get the table ready for breakfast.
"I know you don't want to let others know, but what about your job? I'm sure eventually your boss is going to start wondering."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:16 pm
Luke couldn't anticipate the return of his memories the same way his friends did, having little idea what it was that he should be expecting, so he took his days one at a time, giving his best effort to be accepting of whatever he learned about himself. He had made a series of decisions from his experience in Sandalwood's hotel: 1) to prevent himself from being taken advantage of without his knowing, he wanted to be the sole authority on who was and was not informed of his condition, 2) for the sake of protecting the feelings of those to whom he was important, he would put forth the effort not to treat others like strangers, and 3) he would put his faith in Rosie, confident that she truly did want only the best for him.

Just knowing those things made it significantly easier to wake up without feeling uneasy, though there were still times that he had to swallow his discomfort. Most of all, he just wanted to feel normal, whether that meant remembering his past or engaging his present. For now, the latter as all he had any control over - and what Rosie brought up felt somewhat like a door left ajar.

"Oh, I guess someone like that probably would have to know, huh... What kind of job is it, though?" he pursued. "I mean, I guess it's probably not something I can do now anyway, but just out of curiosity."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:14 pm
"You are in training to be a- oh!" She had to stop abruptly as a growlithe suddenly burst into the house from the open back door and bounded through the kitchen, nearly tripping Rosie had she not stopped in time.
The trainer waited a few seconds though, with good reason as a white Quilava came skittering after him.
"Jazz, Ballet, be careful in the house please." Rosie told the two fire types as the larger of the two tore into the living room and leaped onto the couch.

"You were training to be an officer for the Kodo Special Operations team for the Pokemon League."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:23 pm
Luke watched the pokemon pair with due surprise as they scampered through, careful to stay out of their way. If there was one thing he had learned to expect, it was for pokemon to be nearby at any given time.

He listened as his company resumed her brief explanation, nodding slightly. The claim that he had been in training piqued his interest. "What's Special Operations?" Something to do with pokemon, obviously, if they were a part of the League, but he was unsure of the specifics.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:29 pm
"Um, well." She paused, putting a couple of cups into place on the table, before she straightened up, thinking of how best to describe them.
"I'm not sure how much you remember about the pokemon League. But special operations is a group of skilled officers that are called in to deal with things like Pokemon abuse or other pretty serious matters." She explained. "They help make sure that people and pokemon are kept safe and treated well."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:35 pm
He hadn't had any particular expectations, but still the explanation was surprising. It sounded like an important kind of job. "Was I really any good at that...?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm
"You liked it." Rosie answered with a growing smile.
"I havn't seen you at work yet, but I mean, you've always been good at that kind of thing before. But like I said, you were still in the training stage right now."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:44 pm
He supposed he could imagine liking it, possibly... the idea of helping to resolve bad situations. That didn't sound so bad. He tilted his head slightly to a side, "If I was still in training, do you think I could, you know... pick it up again? Or start over? They'd teach everything I would need to know, right?" It certainly sounded like a feasible direction in the search for a way to feel normal and useful.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:47 pm
Rosie blinked when he asked that, she wasn't really expecting him to respond like that, though in hind sight maybe she shouldn't have been.
It was... kind of nice though, and maybe this would be good for him anyway, going out and doing something that he enjoyed before.

"Uh, I don't know." She admitted "I don't see why not, but I would be the wrong person to ask. That would be Petra."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:56 pm
Petra - he didn't have a face to put to the name, but it seemed prudent to memorize the name so that it would sound familiar later, at least. "The instructor? Or the boss you mentioned? I mean, either way, I need to talk to them anyway, right? Whether it's about starting over or just dropping out altogether." Though now that the idea was in his head, he sort of hoped it didn't lead up to dropping out.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:58 pm
"Mmhum." Rosie confirmed with a nod and a grin "She's pretty great- I'm sure if you still wanted to try you can work something out with her." Rosie hoped anyway.
"If you're okay with it, would you mind if I came as well? If you wanted me to explain the situation, but I had something to talk to her about anyway."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:05 pm
Well that was an optimistic outlook, at least. He didn't know what kind of person this Petra was - except, apparently, a woman - but he hoped for understanding. He wasn't sure what he would he do with his time otherwise.

He nodded in response to the request, "Sure. I probably wouldn't be able to find my way there by myself anyway." There was an awful lot of city to learn, though the GPS function no the pokegear looked like it would make navigation a lot less painless as long as he remembered to use it.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 pm
"Oh, right." He didn't remember working there in the first place, she wasn't sure why she would forget that he would know how to get there.
Arching her eyebrows and folding her hands behind her. "We can do that once we're finished here."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 pm
He brought a smile into his features, answering with a nod, "Okay."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:51 pm
It was nice to at least see him smiling, She couldn't imagine that this situation was any easier on him.

Following the plan they had set up before breakfast, Rosie had gotten her team ready once they had cleaned up from breakfast, The pokemon seemed anxious to get out, especially when they knew that they would be going to the Special ops office.
Rosie however, could not share in their excitement, she was more nervous then anything.

The trip into the city, and to the main office didn't take terribly long, it was a nice walk and a good chance to get out of the house for a bit, and it helped that Rosie knew the way.
"Okay, this is it." She said, stepping in front of one of the building and walking up to enter the building, peering around as she entered into the building almost uncertainly.
"Hello."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces