[PRP] Fishy SOS [Fins (lol)] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:56 pm
KO knew people, he knew a lot of people. It made finding things out pretty easy, which was good because he really needed some information right now. He needed help and he wasn't afraid to admit that, and anyway they were Team Rocket weren't they? Team-mates helped one another out when they were in a bind; when, for example, they nearly got eaten by their own pokemon the first time they let it out of its pokeball.

Agent Faleen was the one to ask about his little apparently; a notable Agent with a flare for robotics who was rumoured to be dating the head of Tech.

With that known the first step was making contact, which was why at around the time one of the grunts who worked under her told him that she usually took her lunch KO entered the non-secure section of the department and asked a trainee - who had been mopping - to go see if she was free to talk.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:19 pm
A lunch to Faleen, was sometimes not so much of a lunch break that involved eating, it wasn't uncommon for Faleen to sit down with the intent of getting something to eat, but being suddenly stricken wit an idea that would usher the Rocket back to work with a sense of excitement or urgency.

Today didn't seem much different from the norm, though as she was approached by a grunt who she worked with and told that there was someone looking for her, the dark blond Agent sat up, glancing around to her fellow Rocket before she let her eyes follow his gesture to a man with red hair standing by the department door.

"Thank you." Faleen said, dismissing the Grunt as she pushed herself to her boots, walking over to the Grunt at the door.
"Grunt KO I believe?" She did recognize him, though she wouldn't go so far as to say she knew him very well.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 pm
Hu, he was recognised. It was flattering that a well respected Agent knew who he was, faintly worrying too (anonymity was safe, though boring) but mainly flattering. "That's me," he acknowledged with a little salute, "thank you for seeing me Agent Faleen... see, I have a little problem that I've been told you might be able to assist me with." She was a busy woman, no sense drawing out pleasantries that probably wouldn't be welcome. Well, not too much anyway. "I gather you're quite well versed in the training of dark types?" She didn't strike him as the type to brag from what he knew of her but it never hurt to let somebody more important than you know that you knew they were skilled in... well, whatever they were skilled in.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:55 pm
She heard him out without comment, though her eyebrows arched slightly at the mention of dark types, and her association with them.
It seemed he had been referred, she wondered briefly by whom.
"It has been the nearly exclusive choice of how I assemble my team, yes. Which pokemon in particular are you referring to?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:53 pm
"Mmh, it is... a bit more specific than just the type." As he spoke KO took a net ball from his belt and held it up between thumb and forefinger, regarding it rather warily despite the fact that it was safely locked. "It's a sharpeado," he explained, looking back at Faleen with a distinctly unhappy expression. "It tried to eat me when I caught it... and when I let it back out to try to train it the other day it tried to eat me again. I have to admit I don't even know where to start with this thing. Duke was always so... amenable." All of his pokemon had been so far even the creepy Banette in its weird, silent, unsettling way. None of them had tried to eat him!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:42 pm
Hazel eyes flicked over the net ball that he brought else, though back to him as he announced what pokemon it was that he was having trouble.
All at once her demeanor changed, to one of polite professionalism to increased interest.

A slight knowing smile formed on her lips when he explained the problems he was having with it. "Ah, yes, Well, I'm unsure if this will be reassuring to you or not, but that is a very common reaction for that species."

Letting her eyes drop down for a moment, she reached to her thigh, where a dusk ball was selected and held up as well.
"Have you trained any other dark types?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:58 pm
That was.... "I'm not sure if that's reassuring or even more worrying," KO admitted, figuring he should be up front with the higher ranking rocket if he wanted her help with actually fixing the issue. It was no loss of ego to admit you knew nothing about something you invested no ego in, and training - until recently - hadn't really been his thing so he was allowed to be inexperienced with some of the more interesting pokemon out there.

"I've got an Umbreon," KO continued with a nod, "brought up from a young Eevee. He's haughty, and he'll tear into an enemy with impressive zeal but he's always been happy to listen to me." He figured that was probably only because he'd got him so young though, it had been the same with Duke so it was no real surprise that Regent was so loyal.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:36 pm
"Well, if it makes you feel better it certainly means you have a healthy specimen." She offered.
"Personally, if a dark type tries to kill you at the beginning of your ownership of it, its a fairly good sign." She began to explain, folding her arms over her chest. "The dark nature isn't exclusive to behavior like that, but common, from my own experience and preference, its the kind of dark that I prefer to train, they're easier to understand, and they have a good handle on their darn nature."

She tilted her head slightly, looking back to KO "Though, I grant you, it doesn't make them easier to train."
The Agent looked pleased at the idea that he had another dark type, and nodded her understanding.

"We have no pool in here, so how about this." Faleen offered "Tomorrow I will get off my shift in the afternoon, Meet me at the garage at one, and we will take a drive to the near by beach, and I'll see what I can do to help you."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:43 pm
Didn't make them easier to train? "I'll say," KO replied as vivid memories of an awful lot of teeth very very close to his personage danced across his mind. Still, a water type was a good addition to his team and he couldn't deny that the Sharpeado's destructive might had potential. If he could get it pointing in the right direction it would serve him well. "Good to know it's fighting fit though, and that it's promising," he added.

It interested him that - when she made the offer - the Agent didn't ask him for anything in return, she could be saving up demands though he supposed. Nobody ever gave away something for nothing in his experience.

"Thank you Agent, I'll be there, and I appreciate you taking up your time to help me," KO replied, giving Faleen another small salute.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:08 pm
Unless one counted the fact that having a competent team mate when it mattered on the field as payment, then that's all Faleen could really ask for.
The team first after all, and what benefited the team, benefited her.

At the thanks she lifted a hand gently, and offered the grunt a polite nod.
"Be sure to dress in something for getting wet." She added "though I'm sure you don't need to be reminded of that."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:20 pm
"Understood," KO replied, already mentally planning his outfit. "See you tomorrow Agent Faleen."

------------------

It was the next day and KO was waiting in the garage at five to one.

They were heading off base, to the beach he figured, and so he'd dressed accordingly. He didn't wear jeans often but he didn't want to wear anything fancier for this so fitted dark blue jeans it was with a finely pinstriped charcoal grey buttoned shirt, no tie today so he had the top button and collar button undone. Oh yeah, and swim shorts underneath of course. The water would be uncomfortably cold but he didn't own a wetsuit and hadn't the time or inclination to work out how to make one for himself. He'd live, if he got cold he could get out of the water and huddle up to Viceroy for a while.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:35 pm
Faleen was prompt, arriving on time as she had indicated, and upon entering the garage found herself pleasantly surprised that the grunt was already waiting on her.

Keys already in hand from a vehicle she had checked out, she approached the grunt, this time, one of the rare cases she was out of uniform, wearing nothing more then an unimpressive pare of baggie jeans and a t-shirt, with the high neck of a wet suit rising up from under the shirt
Her tall poise didn't seem to suffer from her lack of dignified clothing.

"Thank you for being on time," she told him, "If you're ready, I've got this vehicle signed out." she said with a gesture to one of the cars.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:44 pm
"Ready," KO nodded, pointedly not thinking about the Agent's attire; she was here to help him after all, internally sneering at her wouldn't be classy. Picking up the simple duffel bag at his feet he moved towards the car she'd indicated, enquiring; "Would you like me to drive?" as they approached. He never had been all that comfortable being a passenger but today he wouldn't argue if Faleen preferred to drive herself, for exactly the same reason that he wasn't thinking about her tragic outfit.

Ah. Woops. Oh well.

Anyway, he wouldn't argue if she wanted to drive for the aforementioned reason, and also because you had to be pretty stupid to argue with somebody who outranked you. KO was plenty of things and he was proud of just about all of them, including having good social survival skills. It was a talent that some people - naming no spindly, grey-haired, stuck in the past named - never got the hang of.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:51 pm
"If you wouldn't mind, I think I would prefer to drive this time," She said, looking over at him. "I don't get out far from the base very often, I'm kind of looking forward to being able to operate a fully functional machine again."

She certainly was looking forward to the drive there, there wasn't getting around that fact.
She with a gesture to the car, the Agent sat herself with in the vehicle, waiting for the grunt to join before she started it.
"How did you catch your Sharpedo, and how long ago?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:08 pm
Damn.

"Alright Agent."

KO just about repressed a sigh of disappointment and climbed into the unsettling space that was the front passenger seat. Fastening his belt he quietly told himself that Faleen was probably a reasonably competent driver and that fancy moves shouldn't be needed today anyway. Ugh, he would be glad when this trip was over.

"I caught it three weeks ago," KO continued, fiddling a little with his gold cufflinks as he spoke. "I'd gone out to the beach for a day off, decided I'd go for a swim. The water was cold but it was a glorious day so it was still pleasant... until I spotted that dorsal fin rushing towards me. Luckily I still had my pokeballs with me, let my team out and bailed out. They made pretty short work of it together; I caught it once Duke had paralyzed it."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff