A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
FR/LG Starters Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which FR/LG starter are you going to use?
Charmander!
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Squirtle!
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Bulbasaur!
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
I'm a lousy good for nothing sharker ... I'll be using something else.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 34

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:29 am
Which one are you picking?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:33 am
Squirtle! whee I love water! WATER WATER WATER!  

Amazing Al

Trumpster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:33 am
I've pre ordered the game, but then I bet everyone in this guild has. xd

It's coming out on the 1st of october over here.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:36 am
I tried squirtle on the original blue and I think it's the best starter but I'm going to see how well I do with charmander. I think it becomes the most interesting one later on in the game.  

Trumpster

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:43 am
Trumpster

Pre-ordered my FireRed last week. 3nodding

As for me.. Charmder! A SHINY one! O__O

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:52 am
The only reason I havn't preordered mine is I'm hoping my mom will give it to me for my birthday. *Crosses fingers*  

Amazing Al

Trumpster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:59 am
Alexa-sama
Trumpster

Pre-ordered my FireRed last week. 3nodding

As for me.. Charmder! A SHINY one! O__O

Ok I'm finally going to have to ask this.

What do you mean by a shiny one? you sound like you are talking about a card game yet I have heard many people mention 'Shiny' pokemon on the gameboy games. how do you know if it's shiny? what's the difference if it's shiny? and if possible how do you choose for it to be shiny? like you just suggested with that post.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:04 am
A "shiny" Pokémon is a Pokémon of an alternate color. They're extremely rare in the video game. Your odds of getting a shiny is 1:8000+. I forget the exact number, but it's slightly over 8000.

I've only seen two in my games -- and one belonged to a gym trainer in Crystal so I couldn't catch it. *rolls her eyes* Too bad ... shiny Spinaraks are a gorgeous purple. I didn't recognize the shiny Numel (beautiful -- sand red and turquoise) when I saw it so I accidentally knocked it out. *groan*

Shiny Charmanders don't look all that fancy to start with, but evolve into black Charizards.

I think Alexa-sama is insane. Can you imagine the number of times she'll have to restart to try to get a shiny Charmander? Oy! No thanks. sweatdrop  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Kage-bushin-no-neko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:28 am
im wanting till it comes out because my birthday is in september  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:28 am
Jishin
A "shiny" Pokémon is a Pokémon of an alternate color. They're extremely rare in the video game. Your odds of getting a shiny is 1:8000+. I forget the exact number, but it's slightly over 8000.

I've only seen two in my games -- and one belonged to a gym trainer in Crystal so I couldn't catch it. *rolls her eyes* Too bad ... shiny Spinaraks are a gorgeous purple. I didn't recognize the shiny Numel (beautiful -- sand red and turquoise) when I saw it so I accidentally knocked it out. *groan*

Shiny Charmanders don't look all that fancy to start with, but evolve into black Charizards.

I think Alexa-sama is insane. Can you imagine the number of times she'll have to restart to try to get a shiny Charmander? Oy! No thanks. sweatdrop

*Ooogles* eek

I must ... get ... black charizard. eek  

Trumpster

Trumpster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:36 am
My friend once said he got a black mewtwo with stats off the chart but I think he was messing around with the missingo bug to get that.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:20 am
*blinks* OK, who's the sharker? I'll pound ya. wink

Shiny Mewtwos are purple and green ... so I think your friend was lying, Trumpster. But if we're talking MissingNo., anything's possible .... sweatdrop especially since that was back in the black-and-white days.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Ginga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:22 am
Jishin

Well, if there are "others" I'm assuming this means the G/S ones... wink  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:27 am
Jishin

Shiny Mewtwos are purple and green ... so I think your friend was lying, Trumpster. But if we're talking MissingNo., anything's possible .... sweatdrop especially since that was back in the black-and-white days.

Yea he only had the original versions. none of my freinds other than zombie got the gold and silver.

zombie is a tall person who thinks like a robot, walks like a zombie and has a completely one track mind. he always has an obsession for a period of time before he finds another one and he lives completly for that. at around that time and probably with a record length timeframe it was pokemon. sweatdrop  

Trumpster

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:30 am
Jishin

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha*insert more insane laughter here*!

Aye, Shinies are very rare. Aside from the Red Gyarados in the Metals, I've only encountered about.. two or three of them in all my games: A Shiny Miltank in Silver, a Shiny Rattata in Gold, and a Shiny Trapinch in Ruby.

I only managed to catch the very latter. Which now, as a Flygon, looks like an utter pansy.

But I do have a Shiny Lugia in my Gold version. o__o From a friend, so.. uh.. yea..

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff