[PRP] Come Here Often? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:43 am
He left the OR exhausted but victorious; the guy was lucky and that was an understatement.

De-gloved, de-aproned and in fresh scrubs Dith stepped out into the mid afternoon sun for his belated lunchbreak. One of the things he liked about working in this particular hospital was the little patch of green space with its couple of trees and couple of benches, it was a good place to sit and eat and... well just get away from thinking about work for an hour. He loved his job but being 'on' for twelve hour stints, or longer, was completely draining so this chance to get away really was essential.

Sitting down on a free bench Dith set down and opened his bag, taking out first his lunchbox and then a little bag containing his pokeballs. Three of the balls came out - a plain grey one and two ordinary ones - and their occupants were released; two Espeon and a Liepard. One of the pair of psychic types - golden with black markings - hopped up onto the bench next to him to settle down, while the other two swiftly climbed the nearest tree.

Giving a little 'heh' and a shake of his head the giant man smiled up at them. "Well be that way then, you don't get to share my lunch." Opening up the box he turned his smile onto Viktor. "You however, my friend, can have whatever you would like. I know you'll be reasonable."  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:05 am
Nate had very little free time on most days; he took advantage of the fact that he no longer had to return to Ambergris by taking as many shifts as he could fit into his schedule, often starting at the bakery early and finishing at the warehouse late. The time he had between the two jobs was precious, and he made a point of trying to find his way to the hospital at least once a week.

Today in particular, he didn't have the energy to return to the apartment, instead looking for a place where he could just sit. And maybe eat some bread - he always had some bread on him, and it was better than heading to his second job without anything in his stomach. The space he found to do so was a pleasant little area... and it was also occupied. Well, not like there weren't multiple benches, so pokemon lunch break or not, he was well within his rights to just barge in and pop a squat.

It was a hospital, though, and hospitals weren't places to act like a d**k.

"Hey, uh... 's it a problem if I pull up over there?" He gestured vaguely to the other bench.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:16 am
"Oh, hey," Dith looked up from unwrapping a sandwich and smiled.

"Please go ahead; no permission needed, it's a free country... well in principle it is! Anyway, I wouldn't mind some company." Having a break from work honestly usually meant a break from work people too, otherwise you just ended up talking shop... though that was a slightly awkward description in his line of work he supposed. Oh well.

"I'm Dima," he continued with a nod. "This here is Viktor and up in the tree Luna is the other Espeon, and Teazer is the Liepard."

Humm, now he thought about it he thought he vaguely recognised the young man, in fact he was fairly sure he'd seen him around here more than once before. He didn't think the young man worked here though, which meant either he came in for regular treatments or he was a regular visitor. Humm, well, he didn't want to pry into what was probably a painful or at least touchy business but maybe it would come out in conversation anyway. If not then his curiosity would just have to go unsated.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:29 am
"Ah... right." Yeah, that probably should have been a given. With a slight nod, he moved towards the other bench, seating himself and removing a slightly flattened bread roll wrapped in wax paper from his pocket. He looked to the pokemon as they were introduced, putting half a smile in his features to give his name in return, "Name's Nate."

Now that they were both on the same level, it was hard to miss how very large his company was. The eyepatch added a bit to the intimidating appearance, and actually, come to think of it... cats, eyepatch, foreign name and accent, threateningly large...

"Uh, no offense," he began, pulling a piece of bread from the roll, "but are you like... a supervillain, or something?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:46 am
"Eh? Oh!" Dith gave a wry grin and raised a hand to the scarred side of his face. "Only at conventions and at Halloween," he replied with a little shake of his head. "No, uh, there was a thing out in the desert a while back; do you remember when Team Rocket's HQ was found? Well some friends of mine and I volunteered to go out and help the League and to cut a long story short we took some captives but a jeep slightly blew up in our faces. And that is the abridged version of how I became a supervillian, and or a pirate," he concluded with a little 'heh' of laughter and a shrug.

Most people didn't mention it, they just stared or tried not to stare and got awkward. Dith found that he preferred the direct approach by a long shot; it gave him both the chance to explain and to make light of it a little, hopefully reducing awkward feeling for all involved. Humour certainly helped him at any rate.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:10 am
He nodded slowly; he'd heard of the adventure the League had led, though most of his familiarity with it came from the news reports that had come after it was already over. As a resident of Kodo, it was nearly impossible to be unaware of the Rocket threat - and as a former resident of Ambergris, it was nearly impossible not to feel a bit uncomfortable from the knowledge that the metaphorical hornet's nest had been so close to home.

That wasn't the point of the conversation, though, and so he disregarded it.

"Uh huh," he replied, the corner of his mouth pulling to a side in a smirk that responded to the expression of humor. "I guess there are worse ways to become a supervillain... slash pirate. Toxic waste... an unhealthy obsession with booty... et cetera, et cetera."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:20 am
"I know, right?" Dith replied with a another brief laugh, but this one sounded more genuine and less 'this is sort of funny so I will make a laughing noise'. "And at least I don't hang out in flooded basements wearing half masks and playing the organ, right? That's just tacky, so last decade. This decade is I think 'so you want to know how I got these scars?' but I can't say I'm all up with the trends so I'm not really doing that one either."

Reaching into his bag again Dith took out a flask, unscrewed the lid, and poured the coffee into it.

"Though I do like booty," he added with a grin and a raise of his eyebrows, "it goes with my shiny hair and eyes, da?... Oh, well, eye singular anyway; I suppose that means that I have to develop a real obsession with booty to compensate?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:30 am
"I think dramatic instruments are still in vogue," he said with a wag of his finger. "At least in video games. Not so much movies. Pirates might be out of style in general, though. These days it's all about zombies." Zombie pirate supervillain... Oh that he were a scenario writer instead of a quasi-baker-slash-heavy-lifting-guy.

He gave a laugh in response, tearing another bite of bread. "I dunno, man, sounds like a risky business. Go around declaring your love of booty and suddenly bam - sexual harassment charges."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:40 am
Dith chocked on his coffee, coughed a few times and slapped himself on the chest. "Ha! Okay, okay, fair point, but I will claim English is my second language and I did not understand all the connotations. Excuse stupid foreigner, etc. etc.? I think I can make it work, so long as I have some booty to wave around to illustrate my point, right?... Humm, and I used to play the harmonica, do you think that would work for a dramatic instrument?" Dith briefly imitated a harmonica as best he could with a cup of coffee in one hand.

Viktor blinked up at his companion and sighed; crazy beast. Leaning over to the lunchbox he picked a piece of boiled egg out of the salad with his teeth, careful not to touch anything else.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:03 am
"Iiiiii dunno," Nate said, suspicion heavy in his tone. "I think the innocent connotation might be the rarer one in this case... You might be able to get away with it if you can get your hands on a Chatot, though." He leaned back against the bench, chuckling. "Conventional harmonicas, probably not, but if we're scaling up the size so it's proportional," he held his hands apart to exemplify the size - with a healthy amount of exaggeration, "then you may have a shot."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:06 am
"Oh yes, proper sized!" Dith made an even bigger gesture, nearly slopping his coffee out of his cup. "It can also be my weapon of choice, a big harmonica is a good bludgeoning weapon and when you swing it through the air it plays! Very dramatic, but getting it to be tuneful while doing that it what really takes the skill you see." Dith nodded in a very, very serious manner and picked up his sandwich to take a bite. Mmmmmmmh, pastrami.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:10 am
"Oh my god," Nate dropped his hands into his lap dramatically, his expression suddenly equal parts serious, purposeful, and awed. "I need to hook up with someone who can make video games."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:28 am
"Oh wow, that would be amazing!" Dith agreed, his grin getting bigger than ever. "I would play the hell out of a game where you used instruments as weapons! You could use a piccolo as a dart gun, and a tuba as a kind of musical rocket launcher! Oooh, and you'd gather songs or something as new attacks or power ups." This was by far the best idea he had heard for ages, like, two weeks at least.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:34 am
"Aaagh." He sank down against the bench with his groan. "Tell me you know someone! Tell me you've got an in somewhere! All I've got is a 2.0 high school GPA and a pile of debt!" Aahh, video game design - the ultimate pipe dream of students everywhere. He heaved a sigh, maintaining his melty-looking posture and dropping a piece of bread into his mouth. "Well," he muttered through his food, "I guess that's why people go to college, huh. Oh well."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:13 pm
Dith laughed ruefully and shook his head. "I can't say I know anyone," or exactly how good a 2.0 was come to that, "but the internet is a great place to meet people! Like graduates with a huge pile of debt who might be interested in a kickstarter project maybe?" Now that Nate mentioned money Dith noticed that he was eating bread... just bread. He wasn't sure if there was anything he could do about it though, he didn't want to step on the guy's pride but... but people shouldn't only eat bread for lunch, it wasn't healthy! Couldn't be much fun either.

After a moment of thought Dith rooted through his bag again and came out with a spare cup.

"Hey, fancy some coffee? I've got lots, and it will go cold before my next break."

It wasn't healthy food but maybe it would make the bread a bit less dull? Maybe.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff