Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You awaken on a briskly-cold but brightly sunny day on a rocky slope. The vegetation is sparse and the wind is biting, but the air is invigoratingly fresh. If you are a native Totoma, you recognize this as the foothills of your homeland. A strange, smooth-sided tower of black stone rises in the distance. Native Totoma may or may not recognize it as a landmark.

It is the wind the wakes her up though the rocks underneath had started to spread discomfort into her subconscious. Her eyes snap open and she is staring out at a landscape that is distinctly foreign. She immediately rises, pulling herself up into a unnaturally still stand, no defensive crouch for her yet. She surveys her surroundings carefully, not allowing herself to be lulled into a false sense of comfort by the strangely familiar wind, the bite of cold that sends her back to her naming dream. Her eyes are narrowed, cold, and her mouth twists into something dangerous as it becomes clearer and clearer that this is a place that is not the Swamp. It was concern enough to wake in a place different from the one that had captured her in sleep, but worse to be awaken in a foreign land.

She wondered, briefly and with some suspicion, why she did not feel the Ache. Surely the Swamp should be calling her back home. She was no half-breed who might have the benefit of foreign blood to allow her to walk away from the Swamp. She was as tied to the Swamp as the mangrove trees were tied to each other by their creeping roots. She hated to be out of motion in an unknown place, her surroundings making her unsure in a way she had never been before in the Swamp, so she began to move, loping across the rocks with an innate grace, even on hard ground so unlike the soft mud of the Swamp.

It is impulse to chase when a medium-sized dog-like creature suddenly appears, taking off into the distance after some unknown quarry. Through Your Eyes' pride was the hunt; even on familiar terrain, she had a natural speed that kept her on the heels of the impromptu prey. When she finally took her chance, pushing forward for a large leap, she found that the hard ground was much more conducive for jumping than the sucking mud and had overestimated the strength she had need to lend to the leap. She still landed on the animal, but found herself tumbling face first into the ground. She snapped back at the dog instinctively when teeth grazed her pelt. Bruised, but far from broken, she finally ended the tussle with a vicious bite that she used to slam the other creature into a rock.

Looking around her, she found that she was still alone, so, with a shrug, she began to eat, filling the air with the scent of blood.

Sarano_Krem

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.When Feral Storm woke up to a frosted landscape, he was deeply confused. Didn't the cold season just end? The ground and air were chilling to the bone after becoming accustomed once more to the warmth of the current season. Taking a few steps on the packed snow, Storm quickly realized that he was no longer in the Swamp. He touched one of the trees and quickly drew himself away from its icy sting. These trees were not those of his hunting grounds. Worse than that, he felt no Ache that would help him find his way back.

This was very unsettling and Storm wanted nothing more than to rid himself of this place. He walked around with a slightly quickened pace as his head swung from side to side, constantly checking his surroundings. His entire body stopped at the sound of cracking branches followed by what Feral Storm assumed to be a fight. The fight was clearly one-sided, as it ended fairly abruptly. Storm headed towards the origin of the fight and the scent of blood. What he found had, to put it simply, was a pleasant surprise. He had expected something far more dangerous.

"Glad to see I'm not the only one that doesn't belong here."

Amorpheous
Storm doesn't want to RP with you anymore. everytime we RP his long lost memories of the past resurface. xd

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Knight 100

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:36 pm
She is just snapping a leg bone when the buck speaks. She jerks her head back roughly, tearing muscle tissue so that it hangs from the bone between her teeth in a grizzly display. There are few trees standing in the rocky landscape, but the buck has managed to find one to stand next to while she is perched on rocky, inhospitable ground with only a few trees to her back. The horizon is otherwise clear of any impediments and it as she considers the buck while crunching the bone into digestible slivers that she sees the tall tower in the background. It is strange and smooth, but nothing that she could recognize so she ignored it in favor of eating the bone and staring at the buck in a way that could be considered unnerving.

It is not her intention so much as it was her nature. She is a predator and it is what she does. Her gaze is rarely kind and when she is not joking, it takes on the edge of a hunt whether or not she is looking at intended prey or not. It is her version of neutral.

When the bone is crushed to nothing and swallowed, she finally speaks, her voice biting though she smiles, baring teeth, "Well, I'm not. I would much rather be back in the Swamp."

Sarano_Krem
Shhhh, Storm, thinking about the past can be good for you. *pets gently*

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Feral Storm starred back at the huntress. Being the warrior that he was, Storm had fought many predators, each of them giving him their own version of the stare this doe gave him now. He had grown accustomed to it and found it almost comforting in a way.

He took a moment to look down at her meal. He hadn't had anything since he woke up in this cold. One weaker than he would've asked for a share, but he was a warrior and was perfectly capable of finding his own food, as scarce as it may be in the snow covered land.

"I would rather be back there myself, but I have no idea where this place is."

A thought quickly occurred to Feral Storm, "Tell me, do you feel the Ache? I haven't felt its pull since I woke up."

Amorpheous
if you had read his WIP solo under his profile, you would understand why he doesn't want to remember. unfortunately, whether he likes it or not, I'm making him face his past towards the end of his arc. so he probably hates me too

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:01 am
"Do you know what the Ache does to kin like you and me?" She asked before lowering her head to tear a chunk of meat out of the dog-creature in front of her her. Her mouth twisted into a faint sneer, though her voice was darkly cheerful when she smoke, bloody teeth flashing, "It crushes us."

Her voice was raspy with disuse, reminiscent of the rustling of leaves in the fall, "Even the strongest kin succumb."

She laughed then, low and aimless, and drawls, "Though I hear there's an egotistical stag that does not feel the Ache anymore."

She smiled, but her eyes were cold, only glimmering faintly like that of a faintly amused owlcat. Her tail gives a lazy flick and she rolls her shoulders before she continues her meal.

Sarano_Krem
Was re-reading our last rp and we shold definitely have Feral Storm and Last Night meet again, maybe to talk about his last thought about nature and nurture because she would definitely disagree with him.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:56 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I know all that, I just needed to confirm the strangeness of the situation." His words came with little emotion. Feral Storm didn't even notice the attitude behind her words and actions. All he could think about was returning to his home and leaving this foreign chill.

His attention was, however, caught at the mention of a stag that didn't feel the Ache. There was a kin that could freely explore the lands. Feral Storm thought about all the different animals he could fight. Maybe this loss of the Ache was a blessing in disguise?

"Really?" he asked as he watched the huntress tear into her meal, each bite snapping as she ripped flesh from bone. It was driving his stomach wild.

Amorpheous
I would definitely be up for that!

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:16 am
She snorted softly and swallowed another bite before responding, "Perhaps an unfounded rumor being spread by one who wants a reputation."

She laughed and tossed her head, her speech even, slow and just on the side of mocking, "Apparently, he thinks quite highly of himself. Though, I suppose if you're Swamp-blessed you might deserve the attitude more than others."

She shook her head then, another bite and swallow, "And what does it matter to you?

Sarano_Krem
Last Night's basically ready to ascend, I just need to do this WP. I'm excited to see so many kin on their way to ascension!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Storm watched and watched as she continued to devour her prey. If he didn't find food soon, he might fight the huntress for the minute amount that was left. Even a lick of the bones might satisfy him for a moment. He shook himself out of those weak thoughts. Stealing isn't becoming of a warrior like himself.

Feral Storm ignored her comments about his attitude as he responded to her question, "It just interests me is all."

Amorpheous
Storm halfway through his reqs with this RP, but he might need another one or two past the required before he's "ready" for it. I can't wait to see Last Night ascend. I expect her antlers to be hugely amazing!

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:51 pm
She was smirking when she responded, "And just for intellectual curiosity or for some other reason?"

"You hardly seem the type to just be interested or must every kin aspire to be a philosopher."
Though she gave him an opening to interact, she wasn't so interested in watching him anymore, having already decided that the stoic buck was not worth her full attention. She lived primarily for the hunt and secondarily for amusement. Perhaps, in another situation, she might have found him sufficiently amusing in his plodding monotony, but with new scenery all around, she was far more inclined to taking in the sights while eating her well-earned meal.

She had no intention of bothering with him much longer, especially if he continued to prove he was a poor conversationalist.

Sarano_Krem
I'm really excited about her and I wonder where her character is going to go once she ascends. She still has a breeding I want to get done before that though, so I guess there's that.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:32 pm
Hunger may have been taxing his patience, but he was no intellectual, and he wasn't all that into the huntress's attitude. "It hasn't crossed your mind yet? Imagine what you could do without the Ache. These foreign lands must be full of prey to hunt and predators to fight. Ones that aren't as common in the Swamp. I would love to fight with predators from the unknown lands." The Acheless fantasies filled his mind as he quickly forgot about his stomach.

Amorpheous
oh does she? *eagerly awaits said breeding*

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:29 pm
"I suddenly wish you were a philosopher," she replied archly with another lazy flick of her tail. "Better that than a fight monger."

She took a vicious bite out of the dog-creature, chewing and swallowing before drawling, "I suppose I'm stuck with you though, so I'll take what I can get. I'll just let you pick all the fights, shall I?"

She was clearly disdained of his attitude, his question, and his single-minded interest. She was a hunter, certainly, but she saw herself above a simple desire for violence or broadcast of strength.

Sarano_Krem
Yeah, I'm hoping to see it happen sometime soon-ish, but who knows~
And ahaha, Through Your Eyes is so mean...

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:27 pm
"Have you ever met one before? I have. They're not that exciting. Not to mention, irritating." Storm recalled the unwanted conversation with the doe accompanied by a predatory companion. "And I'm no fight monger. I just strive to be stronger."

Feral Storm wasn't too appreciative of the huntress's words. He may not be the first pick for a kin to be stuck with, nor would he want to be, but the way she spoke betrayed any notion of motherly care one might attribute to her. "Is that so? And what kind of fights do you expect me to start?"

I edited this post so yeah
maybe she'll pull a Meets the Sea and have them while she ascends.
and I so don't mind. I need someone to challenge Storm.

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 pm
"I wouldn't have expressed a preference if I didn't know exactly what I was asking for," she responded between chews and swallows. "You'd probably benefit from meeting a few more philosophers. There's no point in being strong if you're stupid."

"Whichever ones you want. I have no interest in your fights," she narrowed her eyes at him before flippantly continuing. "You're the one whose only though about living without the Ache is the ability to find new fights."

Sarano_Krem
Nah- That doesn't work with her because she definitely, definitely meets him waaaay early on in her plot.
That's great, because she seriously doesn't like him right now.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:57 pm
Feral Storm stifled a growl. If she was trying to goad him into something, she'd have to try harder. "Well that's your opinion. And I'm not stupid. If I was, I would've died long ago."

Storm scanned the landscape for a fresh meal as he continued, "I have my reasons to look for fights."

Amorpheous
lol darn
and yesssssss Storm is steaming right now! also, how do you think we should end this? Ache returns? someone leaves angry? anything else?

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:30 pm
"You're the one who made the leap, not me," she drawled. "Probably says something about your opinion of yourself."

She nudged what was left of the dog creature, just a few ribs with some meat, the guts, and the head. If one looked closely, one would see that the gut were still steaming faintly in the cold air. She found her eyes drawn back to the smooth tower off in the distance as she continued, a touch distracted and obviously bored, "Don't we all."

She pulled her gaze back to her meal as she plunged her head down into the carcass to feast on the still hot viscera. The bloody entrails tasted particularly good in contrast with the biting wind.

Sarano_Krem
She's ready to walk off after she finishes all the good stuff. She's gonna try to get to the tower and will leave him what's left of her meal.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff