Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:06 pm
Any excuse for a party.

Any excuse.

Life around the base, well, let's just say it could use a little lightening up a lot of the time and in his opinion there was nothing like a party for doing that. KO generally felt that his opinion was the only one that counted for anything but was much too savvy to come out any say as much. Luckily however most people approved of parties and so when he'd put around word that he was looking for help to organize one for the heroes who had brought in Keldeo he'd actually got some volunteers, and now that the night of the party had arrived he was expecting a fair turn out in the way of guests.

The information put around about the impending festivities had been as such:

'On Wed 28th May there will be a party to celebrate the successful capture of Keldeo for the glory of Team Rocket,
and to honour the operatives who secured it.

Time: 18:30 'til late
Dress code: Smart casual/uniform for guests. Guests of honour are exempt from dress code.
Rules: Bring a bottle / some cans / a party food dish.

All are welcome!

If you are interested in assisting with organization or have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
- Grunt K.O.'

Now it was 18:20 and KO had just finished getting up the black, white and red streamers, which matched the tableclothes spread out over the currently sparsely populated food and drink tables. He wouldn't have chosen black for décor himself - though it would have been okay for the tablecloths - but as this was a celebration of Team Rocket's success he figured he should use all of their signature colours.

The recreation room he had chosen to hold the party in - and got all appropriate clearance for of course - was large so he doubted it would get overly crowded especially with the clever layout of furniture. Hopefully the layout would also enable people who hated one another to safely avoid one another; the last thing he wanted was for his party to be ruined by a fist fight... not that tonight was about him of course. Of course not!

Rather resplendent in cream Italian cut suit pants with matching vest coupled with a ruby red shirt the lithe man sauntered back across to the refreshment tables and gave his two bowls of punch a quick stir to make sure the fruit was floating to his satisfaction in both the alcoholic and the non-alcoholic bowl. Music was already playing softly in the background; just some light jazz to get them started, it could be changed as the night went on if it was called for. With nothing left to prepare KO served himself a cup of punch, the virgin kind for now, and perched elegantly on the arm of a sofa to wait for guests to arrive.

[OOC info: Woo party! Everyone of every rank is welcome, but obviously not if they're supposed to be on a late shift!

12 days have passed since the raid if that info is relevant to anyone.

If you want your character to have helped with organizing the party just poke me through PM, AIM, or quote me in the main thread and we can work something out!

This RP will continue for as long as people are interested in playing.]

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:13 pm
Parties. The bane of every socially awkward high school kid in the world. Lu wasn't in high school, or a kid, but parties were still just as awkward and nerve-wracking as they had been back in the day when he'd had a face of zits and a crush on that kid in second period math. Ugh. The brunet would've been fine not coming to the party at all, but his roommate was the one to host it and he'd feel awful if he didn't show up for at least a while. Not to mention, he was kind of one of the 'guests of honour', even if he felt he didn't deserve that title, and it'd simply be too rude to not show up. This was Team Rocket, so surely the party wouldn't be like the few he'd gone to in high school; it'd definitely be better. Yeah. At least he was allowed to wear whatever-- getting into those uniform pants with a cast on? Not a fun deal. Instead, he wore his loosest pair of jeans(which weren't that loose, but they got over his foot), and an open button up shirt(pink, his favourite one) with a black shirt under it. His hair was left down, the effort of braiding or tying it up forgone.

Lu had spent his time off to make a few dishes for the party, which were now stacked on his lap as he wheeled himself to the recreation room. On top was a plate with a baumkuchen(that more closely resembled a roll, but hey, it was still cake), and on bottom a container of chocolate-covered marshmallows. Maybe they weren't the most common of party foods, but they were some of the only things Lu knew how to make. Lu took a deep breath and tried not to look as nervous as he felt, then pushed himself into the recreation room.

The brunet looked around, impressed at all the decorations that'd been put up; it was KO though, and so he told himself he should have guessed. Speaking of, Lu looked over at the man in question and gave him a slight smile. "It looks nice. Guess I'm first to arrive..?" He asked, moving towards a table to set down his dishes.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:34 pm
Ah, yes, count on Lu not to keep him waiting! KO greeted his roommate with a smile; "So it would appear, glad you were feeling up to it. I didn't want to make it too soon, buuut I didn't want to miss the moment either. Can I take those over to the table for you? What've you brought?" Setting his cup aside he moved towards the large man - it was a wonder he fitted in the chair really - and reached out to take any of the dishes Lu was willing to proffer.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:52 pm
"Didn't want to miss the festivities, h-haha," Lu said, only partially lying. "Ah, um... this is baumkuchen, it's a cake. Couldn't make it the traditional way, so it's a little odd, but I think it should taste okay." He held up the cake for KO to take, then tapped the side of the pan with the marshmallows. "These're schokokuss, I think everyone knows them as chocolate covered marshmallows, with graham crackers. It's not very fancy, I hope it'll be okay..?" He kept the pan though, glancing at the nearest table. "I can set this down, is over there alright?" He liked the help, but Lu didn't want to act helpless; he could manage a pan.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:30 pm
"They both sound delicious, and perfect for party food," KO replied, still smiling as head headed over to the table Lu had asked about and put down the... baumkuchen? Baumkuchen, he did want to be able to pronounce it properly for the other guests, and the schokokuss too. "Just here will be fine," he added with a nod.

"So you knit, know a lot about plants and you cook?" the suave man continued seamlessly. "You seem to have an unending list of talents my friend, I'm quite jealous. Well, a little, it does make sense for friends to have different skills after all. Makes the whole greater than the sum of the parts, humm? The party of life wouldn't be much good if it was all punch, or all," he paused for a heartbeat to line up the unfamiliar word, "schokokuss. Every party needs variety, wouldn't you agree?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:20 pm
Xander hadn't really been sure whether he would come to the party or not. He certainly didn't feel like he should be one of the guests of honor after the mess he had made. But he eventually ended up going if only to stop in for a little bit and check up on everyone. So the blond found himself entering the room KO reserved in a pair of black slacks and a light blue button up shirt while holding a platter with mini cheesecake bites.

He looked around and gave KO and Lu a smile when he saw them. "You did a great job in here." He said to the red head.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:46 pm
"As long as people like sweet things, at least..." Lu said, setting down the pan of schokokuss to the cake. He didn't know many people who absolutely hated sweets, so Lu hoped his choice of party dishes would be at least moderately popular; even if they weren't, he'd have the leftovers to snack on later.

It'd be a lie to say the compliments didn't please him, but Lu hid a sheepish smile by looking down at his feet anyway. "W-well, I mean... you won't know if I'm even a good cook until you try things, right?" Lu let out a small laugh, "I agree, yeah. A party with just schokokuss would probably mean a lot of stomach aches. Punch sounds good though, is it okay if I got some?" Lu glanced over when Xander entered, unsure how to greet the man. He nodded with a brief smile in greeting, hoping that was good enough; maybe he could stow away in a corner of the room before too many people arrived.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
"I'll be sure to try some of your food first to make sure it's as good as it looks," KO replied easily as he carefully uncovered the two dishes; they did look good, especially the schokokuss, he did love his chocolate. "And of course it is," he continued, "let me get you some. There's alcoholic or virgin, which is your fancy?" He could have said 'which are you' but he had a feeling that the resulting blush might have blown Lu's head off.

Ahh and here was the second guest, and another honoured one! "Agent Xander, is it?" KO asked with a charming smile, eyes sliding up and down the blond's form as he approached. "I was rather proud of how it all came together, I'm glad you approve! Oh, and what have you brought for us? Those look divine." Was that cheesecake? Another decadent indulgence he thoroughly approved of. "I was just going to pour some punch for Lu here Agent," KO gestured fluidly to the pair of bowls, "can I do the same for you? If so would you like alcoholic or virgin? If you're not a fan of punch I'm sure other drinks will materialise soon." He hoped so anyway or it would turn out to be a very boring party.

Aulus had often been a bit ambivalent about the idea of parties. On the one hand, free food and drink; on the other, often a lot of people he found so annoying that he would love nothing better than to knock them senseless. Today however, hell yes he was up for a party; it got him out of his room where he had been since he was released from the med bay the previous day. He had all sorts of instructions to blah blah take it easy and blah he could take it easy with a different four walls around him. He could have done without the wheelchair though.

Killer opened the door with a feeler and Char pushed him in and... and... and he tried to feel secure in himself being all... all wheelchairish. There weren't many people here so far which was good, not too many people to see him arrive and judge him, and two of the three had been on the mission and one was also in a wheelchair. It was okay then, right? Damn right it was.

Aulus Scowled at KO and then nodded at Lu and Xander. "Hi." He felt a bit under-dressed in jeans and a t-shirt but ******** it, the invite had said he didn't have to abide by the dress code and so he hadn't and that was fine. Absolutely fine. He would feel so much better about this if he could currently kick the s**t out of people. "I brought beer."

Char let out a low rumble and gestured to a satchel at his side, it was rather bulging in a way that suggested cans and bottles.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Ryoushen Finari

Fashionable Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:46 pm
At exactly 18:24 the wiry young man entered the recreation room dressed in a finely crafted paid of snow white denim jeans, the threading in them a stark jet black in contrast. Adorning his chest was an icy blue, long sleeved button down that was mostly covered by a two button stand up collar suit jacket of the same snow white as the jeans, though this particular jacket had a brilliant red 'R' embroidered on the left collar. His intense, ice blue eyes quickly scanned the room, taking in the other guests.

Claris stood there, one hand mostly in his right pant pocket, his thumb hooked through a belt loop, and his body shifted so he was more comfortable. His well toned upper body filled out the shoulders and arms of his shirt and jacket, his own stark white hair falling down over his right eye. Each of the other party goers was nothing to him, he knew none of them. He'd been avoiding more active duty and interaction with the Team since his solitary time. He was also still adjusting to the new base, as he'd only really spent much time in the old one. Hooked to his waist on the left side were three Pokeballs, all shined and cleaned, showing a great deal of care and maintenance to the equipment and technology that housed his partners.

Finally after a short time of staring at them awkwardly he shook his head and then brought a hand up to run his fingers through his hair, flicking the strands back from his face before he bowed briefly and made his way toward the punch bowls, speaking as he walked, though deliberately not looking at any of them as he spoke:

"Sorry, I'm a bit late, but I don't really know my way around the new HQ yet.. The names Claris... Nice to meet you all?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:13 pm
"Let me know if there's anything to improve on," Lu said, but hoped everything would be good enough. Honestly, it was hard to mess up schokokuss, but there was always room for disaster. Chocolate, marshmallowy disaster. Lu almost replied virgin, thinking of course, he wasn't old enough for alcohol and shouldn't be drinking it at a party; but he used to drink at home anyway, and he had the feeling KO wasn't going to card him(or care). "A-alcoholic, please," he replied, thinking he'd get through the night much better with a little help.

Lu looked over at Aulus with sympathy when he entered, pokemon assisted, in his own wheelchair. Lu had been in his own for a while now, he'd adjusted to it and knew it was exactly a fun experience. Being short was so bizarre. He returned Aulus' nod with a small wave of his hand. "There's cake. Um, goes good with beer?" He offered, attempting to be friendly despite finding the Agent intimidating. Lu looked at the other newcomer aw well and returned gave him an unsure, very quiet, "Uh, hello, nice to meet you too?" and forgetting it was probably polite to give his own name as well. Whoops.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:17 pm
"Of course," KO smiled to Lu and poured out the requested drink without comment but with a small smile. Ahh, and here was Agent Grumpy who might be good looking if he smiled. "Welcome welcome Agent Aulus, beer here please," he nodded to the table and the Charizard delivered it like... a good little servant? Well trained anyway.

The door opened again then revealing white hair and white jeans and white jacket, well cut and a good fit but off the rack by KO's eye. Maybe he was wrong, it had happened before. Humm, cute either way though, he did like them awkward... to look at anyway, not to touch. A bit of coy was fine but too shrinking just wasn't any fun.... He was very cute though, and tall too! Tall was goooooood and oh look he bowed! Very very cute indeed.

"Oh you're not late," KO replied in honeyed tones as he gave Claris as good once over with his cherry red eyes. "Can I serve you a drink? Virgin, or alcoholic? I'm KO, or Kirk if you like; party organizer. Over there is Grunt Lu who is my roomate, Agent Xander, and Agent Aulus; all three of them were on the mission that gained our labs a lovely new subject!" It didn't look as though Claris had had brought anything to contribute but KO wasn't going to be the one to point that out of course, oh no, that would be rude.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:25 pm
So far Kyle liked what he had heard about this 'party' in the base. The bit about guest of honor he quite enjoyed, but it had been some time since he had enjoyed a party, even if he was sure this one would not be quite up to the standards he was used to.

Either way, he was going to show up, ignoring that he was immune to the dress code, if he was showing up, he was going to make an impression, as he always endeavored.
The light brown hair was combed back neatly, freeing his bright yellow eyes with an unimpressed stare. A neatly trimmed royal beard shaved out of the mess of a beard he had managed to grow during his time healing from an injury that he was still not quite recovered from, not that he was willing to show it so readily as the smartly dressed man stepped into the rec room with his partner Ryan, a bottle of scotch tucked under his arm as he paused and glanced around the few occupants of the room, recognizing three of them from the mission, Aulus in a wheelchair, and the bumbling Lu and Xander.

"Who's the host?" He asked, looking between the other Rockets.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Ryoushen Finari

Fashionable Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:37 pm
As the other male spoke, his eyes focused intensely on him, his pupils shrinking with scrutiny to the point of pin heads, examining everything about him. His manner of dress, his looks, the cherry eyes, and of course the honeyed words and silken tone that would have made most melt, if they weren't as iced over as he was. He nodded at the words offered however and then turned his gaze toward the Charizard. Rage flared in his eyes, and the intense hatred he bore for the fire type and it's lower evolutions almost came unbridled in an instant and then with a dismissive shrug of his shoulders the heat that had boiled his normally cold blood was gone.

"I'm pleased that it would appear they have been recovering well, I heard that this last raid was quite... Unpleasant."

He took a breath, pondering his response to the question before he snapped his fingers, the door opening for his Mismagius, Enigma who brought a bottle of a Kalos vintage wine, some eighty-three years old by the name of,"Sang de la Vigne", cliche for a fine red wine, but the bouquet of the wine would help his nerves in all of this.

"Ah... Enigma, please join us, I believe the rules called for a 'gift' to go toward the use of the party... Alcoholic, if you'd please."

He motioned toward the wine as Enigma deposited the bottle upon the table and then faded away, as a ghost was wont to do.

"I believe I must give my compliments.. The room looks fantastic, well done.." His eyes flicked toward KO as he let a half smile, half smirk curl over his lips, the right corner of his mouth indenting ever so slightly to reveal his extremely faint dimples,"We have you to thank for that then, Mr. Party Organizer?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:43 pm
Xander nodded with a chuckle. "Yep, and you're KO right? I think we met a long while ago at a fair." He was pretty sure it was the Grunt anyway since it was hard to forget the man even after just one encounter. "A couple different kinds of cheese cake bites, plain, chocolate, berry, turtle. Thank you." Hopefully he hadn't missed any favorite kinds of cheese cake but he probably had. "If you wouldn't mind that would be appreciated. Virgin for now, save the alcohol for later." He chuckled.

The blond looked over and gave a small smile to Aulus when he came in. "Glad to see you out and about." He didn't ask how the other was feeling just yet, not sure how sensitive he would be about it. Claris got a nod in greeting when he came in and a hello after Kirk introduced everyone.

Could he get away with ignoring Kyle for a bit? Not likely since there were so few people here right now. He gave Kyle and Ryan nods in hello then gestured to KO. "Our gracious host is Grunt Kirk, or KO."  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:51 pm
Lu accepted the drink with a quiet thank you, taking a sip as more people entered. Ah, there was Kyle, and the brunet was sure they still weren't on very good terms... Aulus was intimidating, and the new guy, Claris, he was too. He didn't really know Xander, which made him intimidating even if he didn't look quite so grumpy. Lu moved to wheel himself a little ways out of the crowd, but realized he'd anchored himself in place by taking his drink. Holding in a sigh, the brunet hunched over just slightly, unhappy about being stuck in place due to the wheelchair, but grateful it made him feel smaller.

Well. Everyone seemed distracted enough, so Lu resigned himself to keeping quiet after a quick nod at Kyle(there was no need for eye contact, right? Right). He hadn't a clue what to say about the wine Claris had brought, and so Lu took up a great interest in staring down at his feet, sipping at his punch in the meantime.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff