Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:28 pm
A good dusting and putting away of things was beneficial from time to time, and in Luke's case, there was quite a bit of putting away to do; practically every book in the house had been displaced in the past couple of months, and very few of them had found their ways back to their original homes. Once he had gathered them together into a pair of easy-to-carry piles, he lifted one and headed towards the bedroom bookshelf to return the collection to its proper place. Before he started on the task, however, the scattered assortment of paper sitting on top of the shelf caught his attention. They had been that way for as long as he knew, but he assumed since they were straightening up a bit, it wouldn't hurt to organize them more neatly.

As he gathered the papers together to stack them into a pile, a signature caught his attention - his own signature, though not written in a hand that he recognized as his. As far as he knew, his handwriting hadn't changed with the loss of his past, and his curiosity led him to separate the thrice-folded paper from the others, reading over the contents.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:03 pm
From time to time it wasn't a bad idea to get the house cleaned up, after three busy people living in it with two of them owning a number of pokemon, one of them owned enough for two full teams, The house sometimes started to look as if it was getting neglected.

Sharing a living space with Luke and Rodney, there sometimes reached a point when one would stop and actually look at the house and think.... huh, there sure are a lot of books laying around.

It was another way that told Rosie that Luke was still very Luke, even if he didn't remember. There was something comforting about seeing his things laying around, like they always used to.

She had offered to help him on this day, moving around the living room to gather what she could while he moved to bring a pile back into his room.
"Luke's.. Luke's... uh pretty sure that's Rodney's, yeah it has notes in it, that's Rodney."
It wasn't hard to separate what belonged to who, and place them into, though as she pulled one book up, she paused, tilting her head and turning it over.
Now, she wasn't sure who this one belonged to at all, it wasn't one she had seen before, and from the subject it could honestly belong to either of the boys.

"Huh..." Pushing herself to her feet, Rosie made her way to Luke's room, "Hey Luke, is this one of yours?"
The blond asked, glancing up from the cover to seem out the red head, finding him by a shelf, reading over a paper.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:55 pm
The task of returning the books to the shelves had gone neglected as he had read through the page. It seemed to be a letter, though it wasn't a very polite one, despite the serious and heavy topic it introduced right from the first sentence. At a glance he wouldn't have been able to tell that it pertained to him at all, but there were items that stuck out: Team Rocket, House Fabre and politics, Rosie's sister, his own name written at the bottom. So much of it, though, felt like simple gibberish. He read it and reread it, wearing confusion and concern in his features as he grappled for an understanding.

At the sound of Rosie's voice, he looked to her, briefly and mildly startled, and took a moment to wrap his head around what she was asking. His gaze fell to the book in her hands, and he shook his head lightly. "No, it's..." He just couldn't leave it alone. "It's not, but do you know what this is?" He moved to approach her, turning the letter to face her for her scrutiny."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:23 pm
She waited as he seemed distracted, answering her question but continuing on with a confused look and a question about the paper he was holding.
Rosie furrowed her brow a little, walking over to take a look herself, though she didn't read the first line before she realized just what that letter was.

Rosie tucked the book under her arm, lowering her eyes for a couple of seconds, before looking back to the letter and Luke.
"I haven't seen it before, but that's the letter from your brother." she made a gesture to the first line "before he... uh"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:26 pm
"Died," he completed, having understood that much from the letter's contents. "...Is there much you can tell me about this?" The curiosity that fueled the question wasn't a lighthearted one, but there was no denying that this was an important matter. It was the first he had heard of any family besides the father to whom he couldn't speak.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:22 am
Right off the bat Rosie could tell that he understood that it wasn't going to be easy, She wasn't sure what the letter said in its entirety but she wasn't at all a stranger to the event he was asking about.
"I'm pretty sure I know as much as there is to tell." She replied, looking up at him with a light crease her in brow.
"Is this something you would like to hear about?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:14 am
He nodded. "This is something I should know," he said. "I understand that much. If I'd had any amount of control over all this at all, I'd be ashamed to have forgotten in the first place."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:07 pm
It felt a bit odd, that this was one of the darkest times in Luke's past... though the more she thought on it, it was the single darkest time in his past, and she was going to re-tell it to him.
Not knowing what happened here is probably the biggest reason he isn't walking around right now with so much weight on him.

She respected his right to want to know though, and with a soft nod, she pulled the book back into fidgeting hands.
"Alright, well, its a long story, and I guess it starts with your brother, you two were twins. Everyone called him Asch, That was the name he told everyone anyway, you didn't even know he existed until a year before he died. You two didn't grow up together, and for as much as I know Asch mostly grew up in Team Rocket. So getting to know him became pretty rough, especially since he always seemed so angry about you... he wasn't a terrible person though, or at least, I think he tried not to be."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:19 pm
That wasn't terribly surprising, given that he had already read over the letter. It seemed that his involvement in Team Rocket had been against his will, so it wasn't difficult to believe that he wasn't genuinely the cruel and dangerous criminal Rockets were often described as. Regardless of what he could or couldn't believe, though, he didn't have much choice but to take the story at the teller's word either way, and so he nodded his quiet understanding of the words.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 pm
She paused, giving her enough time to lay out what to tell him next, reaching up to rub her neck as she gave it some more consideration "There is just so much.." She said with a light nervous laugh. "Okay, well, I'll do my best." She said with a breath and looked back up at him, determined to explain it the best she could without leaving the important parts out.
"After a while it seemed like your relationship with him was starting to get a little better, you've also been suffering from pretty serious heart problems, during that time, after failed surgery it came down to the fact that you would need a new heart... Becasue your heart was going to fail."
She looked down at her hands at this point, moving her fingers along the spine of the book in her grasp.
"You were in a coma in the hospital, it seemed like you were going to run out of time before they could get you a new heart, and that's when Asch made the choice to give you his."
She looked back up at him. "No one knew about it until you got the heart that saved your life, and with it that letter."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:59 pm
Well that... escalated quickly. He knew that the story would necessarily end in death, but he hadn't expected it to be so... surreal? It hardly sounded like something anyone would expect to hear as a true event, let alone live through as a personal experience.

He held the letter lightly in his hands, his eyes lowered to the page but reading the contents. "That's awful," he said at length. "That's terrible. And I wasn't even grateful."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:02 pm
"Not grateful?" Rosie asked, looking surprised that he said that, "Of course you were grateful. what makes you say that?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:32 pm
He shook his head, his brow slightly furrowed. "I don't think I was, not genuinely. I was... not sad - that's kind of an understatement - so incredibly sad that I can't even think of a fitting word. I was afraid, and I hated myself. It wasn't gratitude; if it had been an option, I would have given it all straight back." His fingers tightened gently on the paper. "I don't really remember, and I can't think of any details besides what you told me, but I know these feelings. They were painful, they still are, but..." He wore a wistful smile in his features, though it livened slightly as he raised his eyes, "I want to say 'thank you.' I'm not sure, but I don't think I ever have."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:42 pm
Rosie's eyes widened a little, watching Luke with a look of very clear surprise. Opening her mouth a little as if to say something, but finding that she wasn't sure what to say.
"You remember those feelings?" She asked, clearly a little lost.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:16 pm
"I don't... know?" He matched her confusion as he thought about it. "It all feels pretty vague; it's just a bunch of feelings. I don't think I knew them before, or maybe I did and just didn't realize it?" He sort of thought that remembering would be something that he clearly noticed, but he supposed he didn't really know what it would be like.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff