Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Update! Pics added Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:02 pm
Have been super busy, so haven't done much crafting.

Sadly.
Hope to get back into it soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:33 pm
Too tired to even knit at the moment...So brain-fried that I can barely think.

I have been given the impossible task of reading my boss' mind, and figuring out what he wants me to do based on virtually no info from him...

Tried my best today to work up a spreadsheet to track what I THINK he wants, and will ask him tomorrow if that really IS what he wants, or if he wants something different.

May wind up spending a ton of time at work, gathering the info together from the past several months, and picking & choosing what pieces of it he really wants to have.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Felina75

Cheery Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:58 pm
Wow. That sounds really frustrating. What kind of work do you do?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:02 pm
Admin - mainly export documentation and secretarial.
Mostly I work in Excel spreadsheets.

My boss is hard to catch, and when I asked him this morning if what I'd spent most of yesterday working on was what he needed, he asked why I didn't just update the 'old' one.
When I asked what 'old' one he was talking about, he said mine was fine...and that it had all the info he wanted.

Then he actually looked at the one I'd done, and said it looked really good.

I'm sure he'll change his mind about what he wants me to track (at least twice) by next week, but I'm ready for it!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Felina75

Cheery Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:16 pm
Ah. Well, I'm glad he liked your work. It is so difficult to predict what your boss wants. Especially when they change their mind but then forget to tell you that they've changed their mind about what they want you to research. Eesh. I hate when that happens.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:17 pm
I've gotten pretty used to him changing his mind without telling me.
It almost happens daily, and I have gotten pretty good at guessing what he really wants in the end.

I've even given him reports he didn't know he wanted until he saw them, but now can't do without, since they're so helpful in keeping track of what's gone out.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:22 am
Have a necklace I have to 'fix' for a friend.
Someone she knew made it (many years ago) & another friend recently gave it to her, and while she really likes it, it's too short for her - she feels like she's being choked when she puts it on.
I offered to re-do it for her,  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:02 pm
She loved the necklace - I simply re-strung it, adding about 20 beads to it (luckily, I had some that looked good with the existing ones), which extended it from just under 16" to almost 20".
It's now the perfect length for her.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Felina75

Cheery Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:02 am
That's really neat that you were able to do that for her. What kind of necklace was it? I guess you could have added an extender chain to one end if you hadn't had some beads? Also have you ever crocheted or knitted beads before? I haven't but it looks like fun. I've seen some on a nursing necklace. Inside each bead was a different item, i.e., crinkle paper, bell, honker(I don't know what their called but when you squeeze them they kind of make a honking sound.). They look neat anyway. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:17 am
It had swirled light pink glass heart shaped beads (about dime sized), some small gold spacer beads and some clear/white/aurora borealis beads (about pea sized). I added some deep pink round glass beads (the same size as the clear ones).

Personally, I think it was prettier after I added the darker beads to it.
It was pretty, but kind of plain before, and the darker beads brought out the pink of the heart beads more.
I should have taken before & after pics, but forgot.

I've seen (and made) knitted/crocheted beads before. Very intricate, and a pain to do, so I don't do it often.
I've not seen a nursing necklace of beads with fun things inside them - it sounds very interesting. Is it for young children to play with?  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Felina75

Cheery Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:45 am
Ooo... That sounds really pretty. Sometimes it takes a deeper color to bring out another. I love when it works out that way. I wish you had taken pics.

I myself made some leather bookmarks for Father's Day at our church and I forgot to take pics. *lowers head in shame* They were all the same design but since they were hand made they were all different. crying

Yes, I saw a pattern/design idea for a nursing necklace and I wanted to make one for my kids, but since we have 4 kids, I'm not sure we will have any more. lol. I do plan on making one for his(my hubby's) cousin who is just started his family. His wife is nursing their newborn. If I get it made the way I want and I will take a pic of it to show you. But the key word there is "if." lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:59 pm
I thought it was pretty, but rather plain to start with, and after adding the darker color, it was really, really pretty, and eye catching, rather than just there.

I've tried leather work, and it's fun, but I always get distracted by what else you can do with it, so rarely follow the pattern properly.
Sometimes things turn out better (in my opinion) that way, and some are... well, disaster is about the politest way to put it.

I hadn't heard of nursing necklaces - I'll have to look them up. They sound like a fun thing (both to do, and to get).  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:13 am
This weekend I have BIG plans...I am going to get my house cleaned up, and I'm going to work on some of my craft projects that are partially complete.

With any luck, I can finish one or two.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:51 am
If it were me, I would have to choose between cleaning or crafting. lol. Your house must be in better "shape" than mine. I guess I must have chosen crafting more often than cleaning. Thinking on it though, I do know why. My vacuum cleaner broke down 4 months ago. 0_0 So, I really need to buy one before I can really clean. Sweeping just doesn't do it. Ugh.  

Felina75

Cheery Conversationalist

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:15 am
Well, best laid plans...fail!
Didn't get any cleaning done (pretty much), and read a book, rather than crafting.
Overall, a nice, relaxing weekend, but got nothing done, really.  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff