[FIN] Being Better Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

caffeinecraving

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:26 pm
TawnyAngel

Kailee had been practicing and training and meeting new people. Like Tambrey. She was wonderful. She had said that Aulus was her friend and that gave Kailee hope. Aulus was capable of being friends with someone like her... so that meant he wasnt as terrifying as she had thought. Afterall... he slept with a nightlight... of glowing cacti. She had heard about what happened in general... rumors and such. But she would never bring it up. It was terribly personal.

But by hearing that he was a person. And not a terrifying monster. So it gave her confidence to look him up and shoot him a message. Short and simple... -Hey its Kailee! Care to meet up sometime? I got new pokemon and Sissy wants to show off.-

She had gotten his reply and they had set a time up. So at that time she was in the training area. Sissy at her side. She smiled to the wigglytuff. "We are gonna show them how good you are getting... right?" She held out her hand for a low five from the pokemon. She had her new pokemon with her too not planning for a long time playing with them but they would see how it went.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:47 am
Aulus was on edge, which meant that to the outside world he looked even more displeased with life the universe and everything than he usually did.

It was now less than a week until the mission and he didn't feel ready, but then he doubted he ever would. He had done, was doing everything he could to prepare himself and his team but over the next few days he was going to scale back their schedule a little so that they were rested and ready for action. At least the sleeping pills were helping with that, it was hardly a solution he wanted to rely on long term but for now it meant that he was getting to sleep easily and not waking up in the night.

Today, or this afternoon at least, was the start of ramping things down a little for himself and his pokemon; he was going to meet up with that grunt Kailee and see how much she'd improved in the last month and a bit. Had it really been that long? Time flew when you were on potent analgesics and subsequently getting yourself fit again he supposed.

At the appointed time Aulus descended the stairs to the training floor and headed towards the room he'd booked for them. When he pushed open the door half expecting Kailee not to be there but no, there she was along with Sissy. "You're on time," Aulus observed by way of greeting, eyebrows very slightly raised.

Tortie - who was shadowing her trainer's footsteps - quietly resolved to behave herself rather than messing with the Wigglytuff no matter how tempting it might be; they were coming up to a mission, a serious mission, and she wasn't going to do anything to throw off her human friend's plans.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

caffeinecraving

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:24 am
Kailee was completely nervous for the raid. But she figured she was as prepared as she was ever going to be, and that meant that she had other things she could be doing. Like working in the lab on her glowing onyx cells. Or showing off in a battle.

She looked to the door as the man walked in and she held her hand up to wave but almost instantly dropped it. Was he even darker, more menacing then before? She glanced to Sissy. Nope... not today... today she wouldn't be afraid of his scowling face. He was just as human as the rest of them. And he slept with a nightlight. She just kept repeating that to herself and she smiled.

"So are you~" She beamed and looked to tortie. "You are looking stunning Tortie!" She looked to Aulus. "What do you feed her to give her such a nice coat?" She reached out and gently rubbed sissy's ear. It was the only tell that she wasnt as confident as she was letting on.

Sissy looked over Tortie not being as polite about her upset. She just kept watching a slightly determined look on her face.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:41 am
Aulus shrugged. "Assortment of meat and fish with some dried food for balancers, extra micro nutrients and that. There's lots of research around the place on ideal diets for different pokemon, it's not hard to find if you try." Also he may have bathed and shampooed her recently but he wasn't going to mention that.

"Well if nothing else Sissy seems to be happier." Aulus turned now to the pink pokemon herself. "What do you say? Finding your trainer easier to get along with?" He couldn't imagine her having tolerated having her ear stroked like that last time he'd seen her and Kailee.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

caffeinecraving

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:22 am
Kailee shifted just a bit. "There are... " She found her backbone though. "Just was asking which one you decided to use." She shrugged back at him. "I found the one that is best for Sissy... but she dislikes the food... so we make our own food... Right Sissy?" Sissy nodded and looked to Aulus when he spoke to her. She nodded.

Kailee smiled looking to the pokemon. The tone sounded good so she gave another gentle stroke before looking back to Aulus. "I think she is... And look!" She pulled out sissy's ball. "Come back Sissy." The pokemon dropped her ears but stood there waiting as the line of red hit her and she went into the ball. She smiled to Aulus. It was only thanks to his idea on how to train her that she went back so easily. She released Sissy a moment later.

"So i bet you are busy... Want to see my new pokemon?" That and a battle was why he was there... not to chew the fat and talk about breeder strategies right? And he seemed on edge. She wondered if he would talk to her if she asked.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:57 am
Well Sissy looked healthy so he presumed whatever Kailee was giving her was fine. Aulus nodded in return to the Wigglytuff's nod and though it didn't show on his face he was pleased that things between the pair had improved; this went double because he knew Kailee was coming on the mission and he might have to count on her at some point.

"Good," Aulus acknowledged as Sissy vanished, "that's a vast improvement over last time I saw the two of you. And yes," he nodded again, "it's what we're here for so let's get on with it." New pokemon was good, it was hard to have much balance with a team of just two not to mention that having only two pokemon out on a potentially very dangerous mission was a long damn way from ideal.

What if they found Galactics in the downed ship, despite the reports that the area was clear? What if they didn't? He wasn't sure which would be worse.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

caffeinecraving

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:18 pm
Kailee was ok at making pokefood... Not the best in the long run, but she made up for that down fall else where. Kailee had seen that Aulus was on the mission as well. And she was somewhat comforted by that. He knew what he was doing... and while he wasn't soft and cuddly... terrifying was what they may need.

She nodded. So happy that they were to that point. Sissy shook herself all over on coming out of the ball. She took a breath and then reminded herself that he was human and that he wasnt terrifying in the way she thought of him. "OK... Come on out guys!" She tossed all her pokeballs. Out popped 5 other pokemon. Emboar, Bulbasaur, Shuppet, Cubone, and last was a charmander. Colored similarly to a frog. She grinned. "Not that i expect you to remember all their names... But... Please meet... Brimstone the Emboar... Solar and Boo... Bulbasur and shuppet... Fossil, My cubone and then there is Anura~ My first successful lab project... spliced her genes with that of a Reed frogs. " She was pretty proud of her team. She had just received Anura yesterday, and so she wasnt trained much aside from the attacks she already knew. Munchy was noticeably missing. She had sent the Munchlax to stay with her parents while she worked with this team.

She smiled and then with a determined look in her icy eyes she looked to Aulus. "Lets battle... Ill show you just what we can do... 5 against 5? Im not sure Anura is quite ready to battle yet.... " She flushed slightly at that. But having her just one day made it a little more acceptable. At least she thought it did... And she had noted that there were only 5 pokemon out last time she saw him. However,if he called for a 6th she would be more then willing to try with her charmander as well.

"So... um... Are you nervous about the upcoming mission?" It was an innocent enough question. She wouldnt be offended if he had asked her that. So she felt it was safe. Then again... she could be wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:32 pm
Nervous? He was ******** terrified, boiling with rage and terrified. To go back there, to that place where-

But how could he not go? If he didn't face it then it would always be there, and he would always remember that he was a damn coward who hadn't been able to go where he was needed. He was a field agent, a damn good field agent, and in the field was where he belonged.

Aulus shrugged, pressing his churning emotions down as best he could and contriving to merely scowl darkly. He did fold his hands behind his back though, it kept him from flexing his fists. "I'm not nervous. Wary, sure, but anyone who's not wary when approaching something like that is a damn idiot. Why, are you?

"And no Munchy?" Aulus asked rhetorically; he could see the absence well enough, he was just hoping that Kailee would think he didn't find the previous topic important given how little attention he'd paid to it. "Well, good to meet you all," he continued to the collection of pokemon. "My name is Aulus, I'll be on the upcoming mission.... Are all of them going?" This was said to Kailee with a raised brow. "If Anura isn't ready don't bring her, you won't do her or us any good." Five new pokemon in the span of about a month was a hell of a lot to deal with anyway, he couldn't help but be concerned about how much training she could have done with them... but six half trained pokemon - if they were obedient - were better than just two half trained pokemon.

"We can do five on five if you like," he continued with a shrug, "I'll even let you pick which one I don't use. Today I have Absol," he touched Tortie's shoulders lightly as he mentioned her, "Charizard, Spinarak, Serperior, Rapidash, and Lugia."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

caffeinecraving

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:36 pm
Kailee saw his calm look and just blinked. She hadnt been to the field yet. They sure were trying her everywhere, but she was definitely more in love with working in the labs. She looked at his scowl. Oh no! she had offended him. She looked at the hands behind his back. She was sure that he has to be. And so she opened up first. "I wish i could be as calm as you are... Im Terrified... Im worried that im going to screw up... I mean... I know Im going to screw up... its more of im just worried that its gonna be a detriment to someone else... If i get myself killed thats one thing... someone else killed..." She looked over her pokemon. They would help her... Sissy was even listening to her now... So that was good.

"Home with mom and dad... Living the good life of free food and sleep... " She caught that he didnt care she was switching her pokemon around. They all seemed to wave and say hi. She smiled and called them all back. She nodded. "This is the team im training up to take.... She will be... We have been training and is more a utility pokemon at this point... but if you think to be worried we can do six on six... " She glanced to Sissy, the only one she left out and then nodded. She needed to be confident in her pokemon. And it was a lot to get.. but being lucky in catching and being assigned pokemon wasnt something she could have dictated. And as he was thinking so was she. Half trained... 6 was better then 2.

But in that she had been training. Time in the lab was arranged around free time in the training facilities. She bit her lip. Even if he didnt care about her pokemon... she cared about his. "So there is Tortie... Char... um... um.... paul.... and Phaeth... I dont know the other two..." She frowned thinking maybe she She shook her head though. "Are they going to give me that option?" She frowned. She wasnt an invalid... and while her gut said to tell him not to use a lugia if they were going to be doing 5 on 5. It wasnt like the other people would say... hey... you can pick which pokemon i decide not to use. She nodded. "Ok... Lets do it then."She smiled to Sissy and nodded turning to trot a bit to stand at a ways away to give the pokemon room. Sissy followed. She wanted Tortie and Kailee knew it... so depending who he picked first she would pick her own.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:35 am
"Six on six then?" Aulus asked, checking he'd followed. "Free for all is the style I usually do - it's what's most often needed in the field - but we can do single, double, or triple battle style if you want to." It made it easier to keep track of what individual pokemon were doing so you could assess their personal strengths and weaknesses but it also meant that you didn't get to see their teamwork and combined moves and... and....

Yeah, he really had to reply to her comment.

Aulus shook his head, lips pressed together in a hard line. "Well it's your first mission, calm comes with experience." Har-har. Sure it did. "My first was a long time ago now." It had been his first encounter with Galactic as well as his first mission; he had been rather scornful of them if he remembered rightly. He shifted his stance slightly. "All you can do in the end is keep sharp, watch your back and everyone else's too; everyone else will be doing the same for you. We're Team Rocket and we work as a team to make sure everyone gets home." Eventually. Usually. He didn't want to go back there- he did not want to go back there! He would be armed though, and his team was far stronger now than it had been, and he wouldn't be taken but surprise like last time. It would be fine. It would. He had his team and they would back him up no matter what.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

caffeinecraving

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:13 pm
She shifted a bit and nodded. "6 on 6" She nodded. "Single works... " She had to train more with doubles and triples before she would be confident that way. And a free for all... she didnt want to see all their pokemon battling at once. And thats what was brought to mind.

She nodded but was frowning. "I hope so... " She looked up as he started about his first mission. And then he stopped and she nodded at his second statement. No matter how bad she was a screw up... she had a goal. Protect her team and make sure that they got home. She shook herself and grinned. "Alright then! Lets do this!" Kailee smiled to Sissy. She worried slightly about the pokemon and if she would be content to be in the pokeball until she was needed for the mission. But Sissy was just as clumsy as she was and that meant that having her in the ball was the best idea.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:56 pm
Single was not how some of his team were designed to work but he still had no doubt at all that they could more than hold their own; he'd brought six of his best as they were the ones he'd be taking on the mission, if an inexperienced grunt was a problem for him then he had a problem. Leaving out Red had been a tough choice, she was more powerful than Discord or Paul, but in the end he had decided he needed the skills each of them brought to the table more than he needed another heavy hitter.

"Don't," Aulus replied, reaching for one of his pokeballs. "Hoping never got anyone anywhere, just do your damndest and if somebody yells 'duck' don't look around before you dive." With this piece of wisdom passed out he expanded the pokeball and released its occupant in a flash of light.

Phaethon materialized snorting and stamping, weaving his head from side to side and flaring his flames in a show of dominance. He knew what was coming and until it was all over the kind and fun-loving side of his character vanished behind his protectiveness and desire to do his best friend proud. he asked of Sissy, pawing at the ground as he spoke.

"Alright Phaeth let's get this started!"

the Rapidash added, tossing his head again and charging forward with Double Kick.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

caffeinecraving

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:13 pm
Well he had to be prepared for anything right? But she was going to try and give him a run for it. She had left munchy out because she hadnt had a chance to change his move sets... and while he was a heavy hitter... She had Her emboar for that... and now she had Anura with her little bit of finesse.

She raised her eyebrow a moment. "With out hope... there isnt a reason to do anything. And as long as i don't look around for the ducks when someone calls out duck... whats the harm in holding onto a little bit of hope." She frowned. That's one thing that she wouldn't give up for team rocket. Hope.

She smiled at Phaeth. "Isnt he a pretty boy." Oh wait that was her cue. Sissy shook her head. She glanced to kailee expectantly. And then the Rapidash was headed for her and she trotted behind Kailee. Kailee through the ball. "Fossil! Block it with Bone Club!" The pokemon came out swinging his club as he took the attack. He fell back. "Its ok Fossil! Be strong! Bonemerange Now!" The cubone bounced up and tossed its bone club. Fossil caught it on the return.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:18 pm
Aulus shrugged and folded his arms across his chest, blood red eyes now trained intently on the battle. "Suit yourself Kailee, just don't start giving rousing speeches about the power of hope in dark times because if you do that I might have to gag you." At least it was obvious that she knew her type match ups, it always surprised him how many people didn't when they first arrived at any rate.

Phaethon squealed as the super effective attack struck him, prancing back a couple of paces before lunging with a powerful Megahorn attack.

"Bonemerang is a useful one," Aulus observed to Kaliee, though he kept watching the battle. "It's not as accurate as it could be but it's great against rock types with the Sturdy ability, if you're powerful enough you can take them out with one attack using that, which you can't do with a single strike attack. Double Kick's another example of that of course, one reason I've never had Phaeth forget it despite it being relatively weak and not benefiting from STAB, plus of course it helps cover his weakness to rock in the first place. When he was my only pokemon that versatility was a big deal, as it was for you when you just had Munchy and Sissy." Pokemon was one subject Aulus could happily talk about until the Miltank came home, got dolled up, went out on the lash, and subsequently staggered back home again.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

caffeinecraving

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:58 pm
"Promise?" She laughed her blue eyes playful and then she shook her head. "I will try very hard not to spout off heart wrenching speeches about hope and how it can... light the darkness and lead a man to the end of a long journey and so on." She laughed softly. Type match ups were definitely something she knew. She was about 96% sure thats why they passed her. Because that and genetics were the only things that she could do without messing up majorly. Working in the lab was different from working on genetics. In the lab there were breakable things... genes were broken and fixed all the time, so if it fractured she could just put the right enzyme in to fix it.

She smiled. "Nice hit Fossil! Try another Bone Club!" Fossil nodded and readied but its eyes were big watching the Rapidash run at him. "Dodge it!" Too slow. Fossil went flying from the force. He landed and Kailee called out. "Its ok you got it! Try that Bone Club now!" Shaking slightly fossil stood and then ran toward the rapidash with his club raised.

She nodded listening as he told her about the move. "Exactly... only...Fossil does get a STAB from that... " She smiled. "Phaethon was your first pokemon? Thats so cool!" She looked back to her cubone. Fossil was no match for the Rapidash even with the type advantage. One more attack like that and Fossil would be a hurting poke.

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff