[B] The Cage of Family (Hollyhock, Starburst) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Advice, she thought, in strange manic panic. I'll get advice from someone - a mother - Bristletail had brought her to an herbalist, who had slipped her some herbs after a private conversation, but she couldn't bring herself to take them. And she couldn't just leave the little warm bodies somewhere; not when Bristletail was so excited about them. Even when Hollyhock had mentioned, hesitantly, that they might not be his, he'd simply laughed. "I never thought I had you all to myself, sweet Holly. But it doesn't matter. I'll love them all the same."

Better a loving father than a hateful one, anyway, she thought, thinking back on her own childhood. But what if it was the mother who couldn't bring herself to love the offspring? What then? As much as she desperately wanted to love them, she was quite certain that she could not, would not. The walls would close in on her, tighter and tighter, like a boa constrictor, until she suffocated. Hollyhock shuddered and stood up decisively. She would find someone who could tell her how to love her offspring. "Advice from a mother," she said out loud, feeling vaguely reassured already.

Amorpheous
one day my kin will be wholeheartedly enthusiastic about their babies. one day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.That familiar tug pulled Starburst along as she picked her way over roots and around bogs. She often approached parents to be as a cheetah, she was small and fast in her other form, able to navigate tree tops instead of the ground, but today she felt like walking on her hooves. Her tailed swayed back and forth, relaxed even though she had a purpose to her walking.

She knew she was getting closer and then there the other doe was, just within her line of sight. She kicked up her hooves and approached at a comfortable speed, announcing her presence with a serene, "Hello!

Tiarana

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:21 pm
Hollyhock swiveled in the direction of the sound, surprised. She had been so deep in thought that she hadn't heard the other kin's approach. Her paramours did not usually come to visit her at home. "Who's there? Are you a mother?"

Amorpheous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:57 am
Starburst gave a cheerful flick of her tail before responding, "Congratulations! My name is Tastes Like Summer and I am, indeed, a mother."

Tiarana

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:47 pm
Hollyhock stepped closer suddenly; so close they were almost touching. "And can you tell me how a mother loves her children?" she asked with frantic desperation.

Amorpheous
aha I was wondering where crazy hollyhock went to after writing all those drabbles. turns out she's right here...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:53 pm
Lucky Starburst was not easily surprised or moved, so she only blinked at the doe's sudden closeness. She shook her head, smiling gently, at the doe's question. "I'm sorry. I can't simply tell someone how they will or will not love. Love is unique to each kin and who they share it with."

Tiarana
hehe, hi hollyhock!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:51 pm
Hollyhock sat back down with a sigh. "What do I do, then? I don't...I can't..." A tear ran down her cheek. "It's not fair," she wailed. "I don't want this. I don't want this at all."

Amorpheous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:41 am
Starburst sat down next to the doe. "You shouldn't make yourself do something you don't want to do."

"Forcing yourself to have children when you do not want them will make you and those around you miserable. And there simply is no way to force love, however, perhaps you misjudge your ability to love or what it is required of you to love another. Love can be as simple as loving a small thing you have chosen to do by your free will. Love can be carrying children and then birthing them in a safe place without any obligation to care for them afterwards. Love does not have to grand and love should never be an obligation."

Tiarana
/rambling

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:00 pm
Hollyhock sniffled while Starburst talked, but by the end she had calmed down a little. "It's a little late for that now," she sighed. "Bristletail is awfully excited. He will love them even if I don't. But I wish that I could, as well. All they do is trap me here."

Amorpheous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:14 am
"Why do you feel trapped here by your children?" she asked gently, trying to understand the meaning behind the doe's words.

Tiarana
Ack! Sorry about the wait!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:34 pm
She turned her pale white eyes upwards to the doe in front of her. "I'm blind. I can do nothing without another kin to aid me. If I have children, there's no way....no way...no way that as long as they're small...Bristletail will ever take me to find a zikwa. And I need to find a zikwa."

Amorpheous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:26 am
"Children do not stay small forever and they are hardly helpless even when they are," Starburst paused, "But if you cannot wait, there is a tribe of mothers and other caretakers who would gladly care for your children for as long as you need. I can bring you there when the time comes if you'd like."

Tiarana
Ahhh! I thought I had responded, but apparently I didn't!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:17 pm
Hollyhock sighed. "I would appreciate that, but who would take care of me? I can't find a zikwa by myself. Bristletail will not leave the children."

Amorpheous
haha, that happens

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:50 pm
"Perhaps you will find something in the wait, there is much to be learned in between the spaces of the events that define our lives," Starburst said. There was not much she could do for this doe in these particular circumstances. "And maybe a zikwa will find you."

Tiarana
(I volunteer my zikwas as tribute!)

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:09 pm
"Maybe," Hollyhock allowed. She smiled ruefully. "But it seems I am always waiting."

Amorpheous
haha, sure

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas