Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:59 pm
Shaddaling

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The grapeyard was full of pretty green vines winding up and around the tripods of sticks stuck in the ground. They were young, and Tipsy didn't expect fruit until the next year. Still, they would require a lot of care, and so she was here again for the second time in a week, pulling weeds.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sheltered flicked his ears, slowly picking his way through the area. The pale acha tended not to leave the safety of the desert, but he lost the group... again. He would find them again, or they would find him.

He paused, breathing deep, and smelled something green and new. Sheltered moved forward, trotting slightly and nearly skidded to a stop when he saw the other kin. "Ooh... I did not mean to intruded."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:36 pm
The noise of another caught her attention and she looked up suddenly. The intruder was an acha of particular beauty, in her opinion, and she grinned. "No worries," she chirped. "Visitors are welcome so long as you don't dig up my vines. Everyone calls me Tipsy, by the way. Come on in."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:46 pm
"I would never dream of digging them up!" Sheltered replied, startled and turned his head, lifting his hooves just to make sure he had not stepped on any of them. He didn't think he had. He flicked his ears and slowly approached the doe. "Shelter, I'm usually called Shelter."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:55 pm
She nodded her welcome. "Nice to meet you, Shelter. Care to help a girl pull weeds?" She dug her hoof-point in behind a weed and excised it with a practiced flick, sending it flying neatly into a pile. "I've got some fresh fruit to share if you like."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:57 pm
"I could attempt to," he said, slowly coming up near Tipsy, and examined the ground and then his front hoof, contemplating. "If you could show me that move again, Tipsy?" He asked.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:06 pm
Her laughter was light and bubbly, yet rich. "Of course!" She dipped her hoof into the earth again and flicked it. She missed the pile. "I try to make a game of it."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:14 pm
"Thank you." Shelter moved slowly, looking at the ground till he found a similiar looking plant to the one Tipsy had flick. He dipped his hoof into the earth and tried the move, removing both plant and a hunk of sod. "Ooh... " that wasn't suppose to happen? He did not think.

Shelter attempted to push the sod back down and not mash the weed down with it.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:21 pm
She chuckled. "You'll get used to it, but if you'd rather water, you can do that too." Prancing a little in place, she picked up Shelter's sad weed in her teeth and flung it off to the pile.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:34 pm
"I might have a bit better luck with watering," Shelter admitted, flustered, ears down. "Thought that brings to the front, how do you water such a group of plants?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:42 pm
"Here, I'll show you." She trotted over near the pile, where a lazy brown pangolin was curled up eating a grub. There were a couple dried gourds sitting there, insect holes bored into the smaller ends. "Grab one of those and follow me."

She picked up one of them by the neck and picked her way over some stones down to a laughing stream. There was a gentle pool where someone had piled stones halfway out into the water, and she wedged the gourd in sideways among the rocks under the water. "You wait until the bubbles stop. Then take it back and tip it to water the plants."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:28 pm
Shelter followed and leaned down, giving the pangolin a interested sniff and stare. Such a strange looking creature. He perked up, looking towards Tipsy and then back to the gourds. "Okay." Shelter carefully took the gourd in his mouth and followed the doe.

"Ooh. I should be able to do this." It didn't seem that difficult, though positioning the gourd might cause a bit of trouble. Shelter shoved the gourd under, watching the air bubble out.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:20 pm
"It's fun, isn't it?" She snatched the gourd up out of the water and set it between her hooves, waiting on Shelter to finish.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:59 am
"It is certainly different." Shelter reached down into the water and fished the gourd out, carefully holding it in his teeth. He turned and nodded at Tipsy for her to lead on.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:36 am
She picked her way up to the grapeyard, and once they were both up there, she demonstrated how to water by tipping her head. The water shot out of the small holes in thin streams, falling upon the broad leaves and growing vine at the base of a plant.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff