FIN [PRP] What's the hurry? (Somehow Jerome and Mau) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:13 pm
He had been gone quite some time. To be honest, Mau wasn't sure he'd come back to Kodo. But assignments change and he had finished his job overseas. The tanned man was trying to remember everything he'd been briefed on. The base had been destroyed, so he couldn't just go back to the desert base, and Camphoreon was too dangerous a place right now it seemed.. So he found himself back in Makko town, sitting in the lounge of a poolside resort. There weren't any major threats here. A bunch of kids running around with their new pokemon, families on vacation... it was sort of boring. But this was where he was supposed to meet up with a member of the transport unit and find out where the new base was. However, he didn't even know who he was looking for. He'd gotten no details on the driver other then You will know him when you see him.

Mau snorted and sipped his tea. Perched on his shoulder was a chatot, head turning this way and that at all the sounds. The pokemon's metronome-like tail was twitching in time to the seconds ticking away on the clock on the wall to Mau's left. The agent was dressed in civilian clothes for obvious reasons. He wore a loose, dusty red shirt and nice denim slacks. He had a pair of silver reading glasses on his nose as he pretended to look over some travel brochures. Where was this driver? Who the hell was he looking for?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:11 pm
Jerome usually worked with the team that he was assigned to, the small group of his grunt underlings would take shipments and transports all over the island. It was rare that Jerome be given a lone assignment that involved picking up a person to transport. But today the ex-gangster was given an assignment to pick up a fellow Rocket Agent from Makko town resort, He was given a name, but of course the moment Jerome thought of something else he forgot the name completely, and instead just used what he could remember of the Agent's picture they provided him before he left.

Pulling into a parking space at the location he was told to meet the Rocket Agent, the dark skinned Agent hit the car into park and killed the engine.
Taking a moment to glance over the building before he opened the car door and stepped out.

Dressed in comfortably fitting sports pants, a pare of nice sneakers and a gray hoodie, the ex- gangster shoved his hands into his pockets, dark inked eyes lifting back up to the building, as he made his way toward the building with a lazy saunter, the dreadlocks growing from one side of his head were tied back to keep it out of his face this time.

"Hn" The man grunted, pausing as he reached the back where he was told to go, and paused, glancing around the people gathered to see if he could spot the purple hair he had more of less memorized from the picture. seeming to not even notice, or be bothered by the looks of people passing by who gave double takes
Next to him, a large purple and green form floated up, squinting large green eyes as the Gengar too attempted to look for their comrade.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:20 pm
Mau closed the pamphlet he was looking at and removed his glasses to pinch the bridge of his nose. As he did, the bird on his shoulder looked at him and attempted to nibble at his hair.

"Are you impatient?" He asked, not even expecting an answer.

"Pantie raids." Came the bird's reply. Mau glanced at the bird on his shoulder. Where had he picked up that phrase? It wasn't something he had taught the bird. Oh well. As Mau was looking at the bird, he saw a very dark figure enter the building. He looked at the man a moment. He was very dark skinned, and his hair just a few shades darker. Even his eyes were dark, with no trace of the whites in them.

"Bet that's him." Mau pushed some hair from his face. He'd cut his hair recently. He'd been looking fairly shaggy. The navy and purple hair he wore somewhat long was now cropped short. Of course, the trade off was he hadn't shaved in a while either and had grown quite a bit of scruff. The chatot on Mau's shoulder tried to bite at Mau's hair again, but only got the brush off from the scientist as he looked at the very dark man who seemed to be searching for someone. "Hello there." He called presently.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:00 am
It was an odd feeling looking for someone, standing in a room and scanning each person to find one that you're assigned to locate. in the past it was for much harsher reasons and violent intent, so Jerome supposed that it was still a little strange to him to have no incline of ill will toward a person he would be looking forward today.
Not that he disliked this change in any way.

A hand reached out and slapped his shoulder, drawing the Agent's gaze over to where Bro was now jerking his head.
Blacked eyes settled on a man, tanned skin and the purple and navy hair he had been looking for.
chewing lightly on the inside of his lip piercing, Jerome made his way over to meet the man, who spoke first.
"Yo." He greeted back in a deep voice "man I figured ya are gon' be ready t'get the ********' outta here." Jerome said his tone calm and deep, though his words spoken with a level of drawl and laziness "Had a long trip?"
the man pulled his hands out of his pocket, extending one out to the other Agent. "Name's Jerome, This here S'Bro"

The Gengar clacked his teeth and threw up a few sighs with his hands.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:09 am
Mau waited for the man to introduce himself and reached out to take his hand. "Mau." He replied. "And this is Ten." He gestured to the bird perched on his shoulder. "Oh, please, I'm in no hurry to go anywhere. It was a very long trip so I've no intense inclination to get back on the road so soon. Join me, won't you? Have a drink on me." Mau was, in a way, sizing Jerome up. But it passed quickly. There was no mistaking this was the man he'd been told to wait for.

"Take it off why don't'cha?" The chatot on his shoulder did a very good imitation of Mau's deep voice. Mau shot the bird a glance.

"Oh for Arceus's sake, where did you learn THAT one?" He scolded the bird.

"Butts!"

"I do apologize for my partner here. I'm not fully sure what's gotten into him."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:26 pm
Jerom had noticed from the image he had been provided that this Rocket certainly seemed much older then the Rockets that were usually around the base, the fact that he was definitely even older then Jerome himself. It fascinated the gangster in a way, how long he would have been hard of the organization, and how he felt about it.

Shaking the man's hand with a firm grip, Jerome's hands were strong and rough with scarred, though not so much as to make it awkward or uncomfortable.
"S'up" Jerome said with a nod to both Mau and Ten, still not confident that he would remember their names.

At the offer of a free drink Jerome blinked, but shrugged, slipping his hands back into his pockets. "Man- I ain't ever been one t' say no t'a free drink." He replied, "Knowin' em' Th'll 'polly go puttin' ya back t'work er some s**t too." Jerome replied with a chuckle "could tell em we hit traffic."

His eyes moved to the pokemon as the small bird started to spout off some abrupt adn questionable things.
This of course only drew a snort of amusement from Jerome, and a full on burst of cackles from Bro, the Ghost rolling back into the air and clutching at his gut.
"brutha' I think he knows." the darker man chuckled at Mau's apology

Bro burst, floating up toward the Chattot and reaching a finger out to poke at him  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:15 pm
Mau kept his face pleasant as they shook hands and Jerome seated himself. He was about to say something more when the ghost poked at Ten. He eyed the bird a second, hoping that he wouldn't do anything stupid. The chatot just ruffled it's feathers a second and looked totally innocent. Mau opened his mouth.

"Honey you got nice knockers!" That drew the attention of a couple people near by and Mau sighed. He lifted a pokeball and recalled the chatot.

"You have lost your shoulder privileges until we get home." There was no need drawing unwanted attention to them. Specially not after what the region had been through while he was gone. "Anyways, order whatever you like. If Bro would like something as well..." He left it open ended as he looked at the ghost. "And if we're late getting back, it is wholly their fault. Do you want to know what they told me as I left to meet you? You'll know him when you see him. That's all I got."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:17 pm
"Knockers?" Jerome repeated, looking from the bird who obviously was mimicking something its trainer had said. "'The ******** says 'knockers' anymore?" He chuckled, though it wasn't with mocking intent. on the contrary that seemed to have just made his day.

Bro was still cackling even as the Chattot was returned into its pokeball, he made a noise of disappointment only a moment before he burst out laughing again.

"yeah he'll get somethin' Jerome said, glancing over to his partner and arching his eyebrows. "In a sec." He finished.
"Know me when ya see me huh? guess that ain't untrue." Jerome replied with a light shrug. "least I got a picture a'ya. I dn't usually run body pick ups though."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:05 pm
"When I first came to Kodo, I left Ten with a colleague of mine. Ten is a wonderful assistant. Remembering short phrases and able to carry small files and papers. He was quite handy. But the last 4 years? I don't know what what he's picked up. I'm going to have to retrain him a little I think." Not that Mau minded. It was kind of funny.

Mau flagged down a waitress when he saw one passing. She didn't stop, but signaled she'd be right there. "Well, good thing I'm a little more then just a body, right?" He teased Jerome's choice of words a little.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:22 pm
Bro drawled with another chuckle, floating back over to Jerome's side and giving the other human a skeptical look along with his wide toothy grin, nudging Jerome's shoulder with his elbow and causing the gangster to grin lightly.
"Like I got th'right t'go talkin' s**t aight?" Jerome chuckled

"Pokemon pick s**t up, I got a smack talker' m'self, pickin' up s**t from me" Jerome said with another light smile and a casual shrug of his shoulders, leaning back in his seat and casting his glance over to the waitress that Mau had waved over.

"Naw man, didn't mean literally." Jerome corrected himself. "M'usually takin' cargo around, ya know?"
He pulled his hands out of pockets, folding his arms over his chest and lifting his head a little more to observe his fellow Rocket "What bout' you man? What do you do?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:37 pm
"Oh no. When he starts repeating me... you'll know." He knew he had a more unique way of voicing his frustration. "Not that it really matters." Though now he was curious what Jerome's pokemon had picked up.

"Oh, I know you didn't. I'm just messing with you." He ran his fingers through his hair. "Oh I'm--" he chose his words carefully, given the place they were in. "-a biologist. I'll bore you with the details later though. No one wants to talk about work right now. We're on a break." He looked up and saw the waitress finally coming over. "Ah, there we are. Now then, my friend. What would you like?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:08 pm
The aged gangster lifted his gaze a little more, unsure of what the other man was implying when he said he would know when the pokemon started repeating him. He supposed he would have to see, given that he was going to be returning to HQ for work, this of course implied that Jerome might get the opportunity to get to know another team mate a little better.
this was to say, Jerome was indeed interested in this older man's story.

"J'us two beers." Jerome said calmly, shifting his gaze back to the women as she came to take his order. Jerome reaching into his pocket to putt out his ID for her. Faked by HQ of course, Jerome never really had a real ID before.

"So ya into all that plant s**t too huh? M'partners always messin' round with some kinda' flower er somethin'" Jerome mentioned "S'got one a mah boys Tremain in on it too." Jerome shook his head. "Get kinda lost n'that science stuff."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:38 pm
"I suppose you could say that." Mau laughed as the waitress walked off. "Though that's more so my hobby now then anything. But I had been working on a more effective potion for restoring pokemon stamina based on some chemicals discovered in Lum berries." Mau paused then cleared his throat. He could get rather involved when it came to work. "But as I said, that's more a hobby now. I've been focusing on retraining pokemon and teaching them unusual moves." Move tutoring was sort of a lost art. Very few people did it, as far as Mau could tell.

"Things sure seem to have changed." He muttered. Previously, he had only encountered 2 who had expressed any interest at all in 'plants and s**t.' A young Rocket who had been trying to make pokeballs apricorns, and a woman who put too much stock in expensive fertilizers. Well, he'd be very interested in meeting these rockets Jerome was speaking of. He could get his plant nerd on without being called a girl for having blooming berry plants everywhere.

"Science isn't for everyone." Mau shrugged eventually. "I doubt I'd be able to do what you do. Not a fan of driving here, then there, and back." The waitress returned with the beers for Jerome, and Mau assumed Bro was having one as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:04 pm
While Jerome kept eye contact with Mau as he started to talk about the kind of work that he did, there was definitely an absence of clear understanding as to what the more sciencey man was talking about. A dim sort of vacancy warn by simpler men.
He bet Zacharie would enjoy talking about this kind of thing. Jerome always did feel a little bad that he couldn't quite contribute to his younger partner's knowledge the way he probably deserved.

Licking his lips and sitting up higher onto his chair, Jerome moved to roll up the sleeves of his hoodie as the drinks were dropped off.
Bro indeed was getting one of the beers, being the first to reaching out and snatch the drink, taking a long swig of it with a pleased clack of his teeth.

"Changed? Figure it has" Jerome replied, taking his own drink into his hand. "How long ya been away? Don't remember seein' ya around when I was dragged in."

Taking a swig and grinning lightly "Naw, I don't really d'much drivin' S'one a m'boy's jobs." Jerome admitted "S'nice t'get out. Seein' lots a places I ain't really seen b'fo, n'bein' inside all th'time kinda gets t'me"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:15 pm
Mau actually had to think about that. "I suppose over all, it's been about 3 years. I was away for a year doing some research, but came back for a brief period, maybe about 4 months, before being reassigned while I healed from some injuries." He left it vague. More details could come later when he could openly badmouth team galactic. And he was not at all displeased to have learned that their damn airship had crashed. "The last 2 years I've been bouncing between Hoenn and Sinnoh. Then I returned to my first employer for a couple months, picked up Ten and some supplies, and then came here." He supposed that was more then what Jerome had asked for though. Ah well. It was nice to converse with someone.

"So, are you stuck in the garage most of the time or something? I can't imagine being like a caged bird."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff