Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:32 pm
The Sky Peak Ski Range had decided, in the theme of all things wintery and holiday-ish, to hold a special day where admission would be free for anyone who wished to make the journey.
The Ski Lodge, and the slopes, of course, were main attractions- several different trails catered to all levels of ability, even offering lessons in various winter sports on some- though a nature trail, with a path cleared of snow, and a hot spring next to the lodge, for those looking to relax in warm water while enjoying the outdoor scenery, were also available.
Ski Lodge Director Graham, a portly man adorned in brightly coloured winter gear, and his staff, in red and yellow uniforms, were on hand, busily ensuring the day went smoothly. Guests were, in fact, even encouraged to catch wild pokémon they might encounter on the ski grounds- in fact, this was another reason for the special day; the pokémon population was booming.

<> This is a chance to catch pokémon as well as RP! From now until Monday Friday the 19th December 6pm EST, you may roll for a chance to obtain a pokémon. How you RP catching said pokémon is up to you, but what you encounter, if you roll the right number, will also depend on your RP environment so PLEASE make sure to note the area your character is in alongside your roll and put it in bold. Please generate a random number between 1 and 12. It is two rolls per player, though they must be from different areas.  
staplemylips generated a random number between 1 and 12 ... 1!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:48 pm
Between being poor and setting up a bar, Ivy had gotten to explore the island very much. Winter wasn't exactly the best time for this though. Especially a high ski resort, only made it feel chillier. Still though, she couldn't convince herself to spend money to visit the place. So gladly she would take any free opportunity to explore it.

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say she was wearing layers upon layers of cloths. There was at least four different clothing items on her chest. Plus, over her heavy leather jacket, she had a thick four foot scarf wrapped around her neck and covering her nose. A black bomber hat, with dark brown fur peeking out, covered her ears. Her black, knee high boots, dragged along the nature trail.

Her hands were stuffed in her jacket pockets. Her left hand played with the pokeball that was tucked saftly inside. The pokeball held her only pokemon so far, and her closest friend at the moment. Kale was a rather rough looking Sharpedo. She had found him only days after arriving on the island. She absolutely loved him. Perhaps later she would make her way to the spring and see if he enjoyed it. Right now though, she wanted to enjoy the recently fallen snow.

((I hope I did this right. I've only done one roleplay here, and it was a PRP.))  

staplemylips

Dapper Informer

6,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:23 pm
staplemylips

A Sneasel was found!  
Lural generated a random number between 1 and 12 ... 5!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:49 pm
Citrine had no idea snow was this COLD! She'd never spent a winter outside the desert she grew up in. She was shivering a little, bundled up in her new winter gear. She had some cute long johns under thick jeans and her brand new black snowpants. She had on a puffy black and purple winter coat zipped up fully, covering her snorunt print sweater. She didn't care for the sweater, but it was warm, and she thanked her grandmother for sending it to her.

She pulled her pink santa hat styled cap over her ears and looked around. She was pretty excited to be here, but it was so cold! And while she was tempted to just stay at the lodge and drink cocoa where it was warm and cozy, Citrine also wanted to do everything that one did in snow. So as it was, she was marching on up to the ski slopes, hoping she could give learning to ski.

Needless to say, she was terrified.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

staplemylips

Dapper Informer

6,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:05 pm
Ivy looked around as she soon began hearing noises in a tree nearby. She lifted her head up, her scarf falling off her face. Her brown eyes glanced about as she searched for the source. Only two trees ahead of her, she saw a Sneasel high in a tree. It angrily had thrown an empty bird's nest out of the tree.

"Huh. Must be hungry." Ivy remarked as she slowly approached the tree. She didn't want to scare it off. She didn't know much about Sneasels. They had a unique combination of dark and ice moves, the are extremely fast, and they love pidgey eggs. Ivy sung her backpack off her shoulder and held it between her arms.

Digging through the extra clothes she brought, and a few water bottles, Ivy finally came to her stash of food. You can't go on a good hike, if you don't have a good picnic with you. "Its not an egg, but its an egg sandwhich." Ivy said shrugging her shoulders. She took the sandwhich out of the container and walked closer to the Sneasel. The backpack dropped next to her as she knealt down to seem less intimidating. She held out half of the sandwhich, hoping to tempt the Sneasel into eating it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:32 pm
Zacharie had never thought that'd he'd ever be in a car full of people, who were for all intensive purposes terrorist, on their way to a free skiing event to have fun in the snow and meet his older brother.

....Yeah, it was really freaking weird when you sat down and really thought about it.
He'd never been happier in his life.

"While I'd normally take advantage of the nature trail, the opportunity to go skiing doesn't often present itself." The teen prattled to Jerome, leaning forward to peer at the older man sitting in the front seat. "It's been a few years since the last time I've been up in the mountains but it's hard to forget how to ski once you've learned. If you'd like, I would be happy to teach you." He offered, giving his friend a wide, excited smile from behind the dark, wool scarf wrapped securely around his neck. "I'm not sure if Andre knows how to ski...but I'm sure he'd be happy to help as well!"  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:36 pm
It was a strange thing to think that she could be so warm in a cute blue flowery bathing suit, sitting in water, when everything else around them was covered in snow.
The steam poring up from the water surface felt nice against her skin and was pretty comfortable to breath in, adding to the relaxing silence of the environment, broken only by the conversations of other guests enjoying the ski resorts hot springs.

Wading into the deeper parts, both her hands occupied by typing her blond hair up into a high ponytail to keep it off of her neck, before the trainer allowed herself to sink down into the warm water.
Pop, sitting at the edge of the spring where Rosie was leaning against looked a little more skeptical about entering the water, sitting with the tips of her feet dipped in as she watched Vahy'n's form under the water slowly drifting though the warm water.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:52 pm
Jerome had heard about the free event up at the Ski resort coming up, and had taken the time to request the day off, not just for him and his partner, but for the team of Grunts that he worked with as well.
They had all been working really hard, and he figured that a day in the resort to do what they wanted to and have fun sounded like a pretty good reward.

The gangster, sitting in the front seat of the car, being driven by a man with light brown hair and yellow eyes, turned to look at his younger partner when he saw the purple haired boy lean forward to speak to him.
"I ain't even seen a place like this befo'." Jerome admitted to Zacharie " S'yeah, yer gonna need t'teach me."

Jerome had heard of Zacharie discovering his long lost brother, and the younger Rocket seemed to be excited about the idea of it. Though Jerome himself had not met this Andre, and wasn't entirely sure how he felt about this man, he could honestly say he was interested in meeting the older brother of his partner and best friend.
"Ah-right, where w'meetin' to brotha?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Jerome continued to talk with Zachaire. Kyle had pulled into the resort parking and pulled the vehicle to a stop at the parking lot. killing the engine and getting out of the vehicle himself.
"Alright." Kyle said as he pulled himself out of the vehicle. "I'm going to the bar." he announced to the others, tossing the keys a couple of times in the air.

"you're driving us back, you better not get s**t faced." Ryan announced in protest as he got out of the vehicle, walking up to his partner who scoffed

"Like you have the right to talk, Geeze, will you relax, I'm not going to drink a lot, but like hell am I going to strap a couple of sticks to my feet and throw myself down a mountain." He held a hand up in a half hearted wave "Once you guys are frozen you might actually want to join me."
He then turned and made his way into the resort.

"that'll be the day." Jaime muttered under his breath.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:07 am
"You've got good balance. I think you'll be able to pick up on it quickly enough." Finally, something physical that he was better at doing than Jerome! He never ever thought he'd live to see the day that he could do some sort of sport better than his best friend. Well...maybe once Jerome got the hang of it he'd get better than Zacharie could ever hope to be...but at least he knew how to ski first! Barely able to contain his excitement, the teen all but leaped from the car as soon as it stopped.

"You can drink anywhere." He muttered in response to Kyle's rather boring sounding plans. He didn't say it loudly enough for the brown haired grunt to hear though. He didn't care what Kyle did as long as it wasn't happening in his general vicinity. "We're supposed to meet Andre by the ski rental booth." He told his partner, practically bouncing on his toes as he glanced around for the booth. "Come on, come on, let's get going!" With that, he was sprinting off in the direction that a helpful, wooden sign said that the ski rental booth was located.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:14 am
She couldn't remember if she'd ever gone swimming or anything of the like - it wasn't anything common for her or her family growing up - nor could she remember wearing anything like a swim suit before, and it made her rather uncomfortable to have so much skin showing -- at least, 'so much' for her. Her two-piece swim suit was rather fancy, hinting at its origins in Grande Ile, colored in deep blues, whites, and decorated with gold accents. Two long, wide ribbons in the same blue flowed down behind her from where they kept her hair pulled up into a bun, though they were splayed out behind her on the ground as she sat in the shallow water with her back against the stone. She lifted her hands out of the water and pressed them to her cheeks, enjoying the feel of the warm water as her eyes widened a little. "I've never been to a hot spring before," she admitted. It was different, and though she wasn't sure if she was entirely comfortable without wearing a full, complete outfit, she still liked it.

Her own, normal-colored Lopunny also sat on the side, idly kicking his feet in the warm water, but refrained from getting in; he didn't really want to get his fur all wet. Her pale Vaporeon had other ideas, however, and hadn't hesitated to slip into the warm water, though stayed near the yellow and pink Jolteon who stared over the water, eyes wide. A small Luvdisc happily joined Vahy'n in her drifting.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:16 am
"Stay outta trouble, all a ya." Jerome said, making sure to get his order in as firmly as he could before Kyle was out of ear shot, he especially wanted to make sure Kyle heard it, as the man had a tendency to let his temper run away with him. Thankfully Kyle was good about responding to orders given to him.

Jerome shifted his gaze toward the others as they too started to head toward the resport, working out plans for what they wanted to do for the way.
"Keep n'contact." Jerome said, then waved to them as they replied that they understood,

"Have fun Jerome, Zacharie." Ryan told the two.

Pulling a beanie over his half shaved head, Jerome turned his eyes over to his partner, grinning at the young man's clear excitement.
"aight aight, Lead the way man." Jerome said, pulling the zipper of his jacket up and fitting the gloves onto his hands to protect against the cold.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:25 am
"Really? Never?" Rosie asked, leaning her head to the side to look at her companion.
Leaning herself forward, just as Vahy'n allowed herself to bob to the surface, the young women reached her arms out and drape herself across the Vaporeon's back to float.
"Does Grand Ile have anything like a hot springs?" she asked curiously.

Eventually, Pop finally moved into the water, stepping up next to Rosie before she allowed herself to sink down into the warm waters, her long ears floating on the surface on either side of her.

The other pokemon on Rosie's team didn't seem nearly as interested in joining in the water as Vahy'n and Pop, that mostly being due to their size, or their type.
But they seemed to be enjoying themselves anyway, hanging out by the side of the building where they snacked and relaxed in the Rapidash's warm flames.

Northern, while not going in the water, remained floating just over the girl's heads, enjoying the warm steam from the spring that wafted up over her small body, steaming up her jeweled head and ribbons.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:33 am
To say that Andre was pleased that Zacharie had contacted him and asked him to come skiing was an understatement. He'd found it hard to be in a sour mood when his little brother finally invited him out instead of the other way around...even when the younger Dubois mentioned that he would be bringing a friend. Despite not liking the idea of having to share Zacharie's attention with anyone else, he couldn't help but find the fact that the other wanted him to meet his friend very cute.

It made it a little more bearable.

The purple haired man watched his white puffs of breath drift away with the breeze as he waited semi-patiently for his little brother to show up. He enjoyed skiing...he hated being outside in the cold for too long. At least his snow gear was keeping him sufficiently warm. He'd chosen to wear a simple, but fitted, pair of black snow pants and a comfortable muted black coat with tan fur lining the hood. To keep himself occupied he fiddled with the dark gloves that adorned his hands and kicked at the snow at his feet with a grey boots. He'd thought about leaving his hair down to help keep his head a bit warmer while his hood was down but it had kept getting in the way and so he'd been forced to tie it up and expose the shaved underside to the chilled air. He hated wearing winter hats, so he didn't mind suffering quietly.

"Andre!"

Said man looked up at the excited exclamation of his name and couldn't help but smile widely when he saw Zacharie sprinting towards him all bundled up in his winter clothing. "Hello, Zacharie." He greeted, thrilling at the way that the younger boy stepped forward for a hug. He happily wrapped his arms around his brother and hugged him tight before pulling him back a bit to examine him. "You certainly look ready to spend copious amounts of time outside."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:43 am
Zacharie grinned up at his big brother, face flushed from running and the chill of the air. "I am. It's been a long time since I've gotten the chance to go skiing so I'd like to spend as much time in the snow as possible." The teen caught Andre's vaguely dismayed expression before he managed to hide it. "Well, we don't have to spend all of our time on the slopes. There's a nature walk as well that I'm sure is fairly interesting." He grunted as the other fondly ruffled his hair. "Oh!" He took a few steps back and turned to motion Jerome closer. "Andre, this is my friend Jerome." He said, puffing up proudly. "Jerome, this is my older brother Andre. I hope we're all able to get along." He said brightly, clasping his hands together behind his back and rocking back on the heels of his snow boots.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:47 am
"Um," Nicolette frowned, nearly pouted as she concentrated, trying to recall anything like this. "Not that I'm aware of," she said finally, a little sad she couldn't think of anything. She had traveled around her homeland once before, but that hadn't lasted too long and she knew for she she hadn't visited everywhere, so... "It might somewhere, but if there is I haven't been there. I didn't know Kodo had someplace like this!" It was... so warm, even though it was winter and cold and snowy - but it was still warm! It was fascinating - and it made her very curious.

The Luvdisc poked her head up out of the water near Rosie and Vahy'n, watching them curiously.

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff