[PRP] Circus came to town (Zacharie and Citrine) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:03 am
Citrine couldn't believe it when she'd heard it. There was a traveling circus making a stop in Kodo for a couple of days. She had decided she had to go, and she was NOT going to go alone! So she did the only sensible thing she could think of. She texted one of her new friends!

She'd met a lot of people recently, but... they were all quite a bit older then she was. She wasn't sure who would want to spend the day at a the circus with a kid... other then another kid of course! Zacharie was the closest to her age, so she had sent him a text inviting him to join her at the circus. She was so ready for this!

That was how the young trainer found herself waiting outside the chain-link fence gate surrounding the traveling circus. They had set up out in the Calamus planes. She hadn't been this far from Camphoreon before! It was exciting! The circus was exciting! Getting to see Zacharie again was exciting!

It was safe to say that Citrine was really excited.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:45 pm
When he had given Citrine his number, Zacharie really hadn't expected to hear anything from the green haired girl. He had been wrong though, apparently, because not too long after leaving the snowy slopes the grunt had found himself receiving an invitation via text message to attend a traveling circus.

...This wasn't a date...right?
She hadn't mentioned anything of the sort so he was fairly certain that this was to be a friendly outing...but as per usual he was mildly panicked at the prospect.

Getting to the location the circus was being held at proved to be a bit tricky, but the teen managed to arrive at his destination on time. He thought it was a bit cold to be holding an outdoor circus but he had made sure to bundle up and bring enough hand warming pouches to last him the day. The dead grass and snow crunched in a rather satisfying manner beneath his boots as he made his way towards the entrance, his hands tucked safely into his pockets and the lower part of his face tucked snugly into his scarf. So he was loathed to move from the warmth when he spotted Citrine waiting for him but he withdrew his hand from his pocket to wave. "Hello again, Citrine." He greeted with a small smile, not that you could really see it from behind the scarf...but it was the thought that counted.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:18 pm
It was cold, and Citrine was starting to wonder if Zacharie wasn't coming. She blew into her hands again before stuffing her hands back into the sleeves of her hoodie. She had medium weight clothes on, which might not have been ideal, but her snow clothes were far too hot. So she'd shiver a little. She had a black scarf with pink flowers on the ends wrapped loosely around her neck and a floppy pink cabby hat on her head.

She looked around again and was about to reach for her phone when she spotted Zacharie. She waved and jogged over to him. "Hi! I'm glad you could come. Isn't this cool? No pun intended. A winter circus! This is going to be great!" She decided not to mention that she was worried he wasn't going to show up. The point was, he was here now. "Man, I haven't been to a circus in a couple years." She smiled, her cheeks and nose already red from the cold as she turned on her heels to walk beside Zacharie towards the gate. Because she had asked him to join her, Citrine paid for their entry to the circus.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:08 am
What in the world was Citrine wearing?
Wasn't she freezing?

"I appreciate you inviting me. I don't understand the appeal of holding a circus outside in the winter but I will admit to being excited all the same." Zacharie wasn't entirely sure how he felt about letting the other pay for him...but he figured that it wasn't something that he should make a fuss about and so he quietly nodded in thanks instead. "I've never been to a circus before...at least not that I can remember." Once inside the fenced off area, the teen glances around at all of the people bustling about and the various stalls.

"Ah, wait." He came to a stop and started fishing around in the various pockets of his winter coat. "Here." He held out two hand warmer pouches still wrapped in their original packaging. "I don't understand why you aren't wearing warmer clothes...but these will help." He muttered.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:38 pm
"Never?" There was no hiding the shock in her voice at that. "Well, I guess We'll just have to make sure you have the best time ever here." She smiled, then blinked in confusion when Zacharie handed her something. She took the packets curiously. "What...?" she read the instructions. "Oh!" These sounded amazing! She carefully opened the packets and followed the directions on activating them before stuffing them in her pockets. "Thanks!" She was grinning from ear to ear. "I don't actually have a lot of super good winter clothes. I have the things I went skiing in... but that was way to hot today. But I have a couple of layers on, and we'll be moving around, so I figured I'd be ok." She rubbed at her cheek nervously. "And the hand warmers will help. Thanks again."

She glanced away from Zacharie, feeling maybe a little foolish, but that was becoming a normal state for her when she was around people. "Since you've never been to a circus before, do you want to start out on some of the rides? We can do the roller coasters and stuff first. Best to do those before we have lunch. I learned that the hard way..." She laughed a little.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:19 pm
Zacharie wasn't entirely sure why she was so surprised by him never having been to a circus. He was fairly certain that there were a great deal of people who had never been to one before. "...I'm sure we'll have an enjoyable time." He said quietly, giving the younger girl a small smile as he watched her figure out the hand warmers. "You're welcome. I brought enough to last the day, so if you need more don't hesitate to ask." He stuffed his hands back into his pockets and kicked at a pebble near his foot. "You should really look into getting some winter appropriate clothes though. It'd be a shame if you got sick."

Pale eyes returned to taking in his surroundings before they landed on a tent that could be of interest. "Actually...I'd like to check out that tent." He pointed over towards a dark tent with the words 'Medical Curiosities' written in bold, black letters on a white sign above the entrance. "Would that be alright with you?"  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:10 pm
"Yeah." Citrine smiled. She was already having fun because she was with a friend. She was just that easy to please. "I know. I'm working on my uh... winter wardrobe. Maybe my hot desert blood will keep me going today though. With those hand warmers."

When Zacharie pointed to one of the sideshow tents, Citrine looked over. Medical Curiosities? She scrunched her face up a little. Oh, she had no idea what to expect from that. "Sure!" She hoped it wasn't going to be anything gross like organs or something. She wondered if this was another thing best to get out of the way before eating.

The tent itself was pretty well lit for a tent. And once they were inside it was warmer then being outside. It must have been the lights. After the small entry way they were surrounded by jars upon jars of formaldehyde with ... Citrine didn't even know. There were also photos and books opened to pages with "oddities" and descriptions.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:14 pm
What had he been missing out on?!
Did all circuses have attractions like this?

The minute they stepped into the tent the teen gravitated towards the various jars lining the shelves, squeezing through groups of people and ignoring the annoyed protests in favour of staring at the jarred specimen in awe. "It's a brain with no wrinkles!" He gasped, all but pressing his face against the jar in an attempt to get a closer look.

Oooooh, he needed it. He needed it. He needed it!

"Citrine, do you think these are for sale?" He asked over his shoulder, swatting away someone that tried to nudge him out of the way. Couldn't they see that he was trying to look at this brain?! "I've never seen such an extreme case of Lissencephaly before...at least not a real case. I've seen drawings of what the brain would hypothetically look like..." He prattled on.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:36 pm
insidiousEnigma
Sorry for the late reply!

It was almost surprising how suddenly into this Zacharie had become. She wondered if he liked the stuff like this or something. It seemed that way. She glanced at the jar Zacharie was looking at and did her best not to make a face. Brains looked gross no matter what. But a brain without wrinkles looked like smooth putty to her. Though she also questioned how real something like this was.

"I doubt they're for sale. If they sold them, then there'd be nothing to display anymore." She chuckled. When he swatted at someone to shoo them away, she apologized profusely to the person. "Oh! How about I take your picture next to it? That way you'll at least always have that as proof that you've seen it?" She offered. There were no signs that forbid photos, so she assumed it was alright. Then something he said seemed to click. "Wait, you've seen mild cases of this... uh-" She wasn't going to even try and say the name "condition?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:34 pm
"Ah...that's true." Zacharie responded absently to Citrine's observation.

He really, really wanted this brain. The owners had to have their price, right? He'd pay whatever to ensure that he could poke around and study this brain. But no matter how much he tried to think of a way to get them to sell it to him...Citrine's point kept popping up. It must have cost them a lot to get them the brain in the first place and (after taking a quick look around the tent) this was obviously one of the more popular specimen. It was very unlikely that they'd hand it over willingly.

...Willingly?
THAT WAS IT!
He'd steal it!

Wait no, stealing was bad. The teen tugged on a strand of his hair anxiously, his eyes darting around the room. If he were to steal it...it definitely couldn't be now. It was too busy. Maybe...just maybe Jerome would be willing to help him out? Maybe Jerome could scare them into selling him the brain....he'd definitely be talking to his partner when he got back to the base. "Huh?" Zacharie came out of his thought to give Citrine a rather baffled look. "Oh...a picture. Yes, I'd like that." He smiled lightly before cocking his head ever so slightly. "Yes, I've seen mild cases of Lissencephaly before. Both in person and in textbooks." He didn't understand why the girl seemed so surprised by that...oh wait, she barely knew him. "My parents worked in the medical field...and I'm studying to enter the medical field." He explained with a shrug.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:50 pm
She smiled at Zacharie as he seemed so focused on that brain. Almost obsessed. But then he said he'd seen... actual brains. GROSS! She scrunched her face a little before he explained further. "Oh! So you're studying to be a doctor? Or are you just researching medical conditions? I don't really know much about the medical field." She said as she tapped at her phone a moment. "Say Cheese!" She leaned in so the jar of brain was between her and Zacharie before taking a snapshot of them.

"I really respect people who can focus so much on what they want to do. You're really cool, Zacharie."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:08 pm
"Both. I don't see why I should limit myself to just one." Zacharie said, his gaze slowly drifting back over to the brain. "Ah well, it's a very interesting field of study. I highly recommend it if you're unsure of what you want to study." He suggested before going stiff as the girl lifted her phone to take the picture. "C-Cheese." He stuttered, smiling a little awkwardly as he tried not to move so the picture wouldn't turn out blurry. He absolutely hated getting his picture taken. He never knew how to pose or if he should smile or not.

Wait...what?!

The teen blinked owlishly as his face steadily flushed red. "C-Cool...me?" He repeated, reaching up to tug anxiously on his hair. "Gosh...uhm...that's..." He floundered, obviously unused to such compliments. He struggled to find something appropriate to say back before finally just giving up and muttering a quiet, "...T-That's very kind of you to say."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 pm
insidiousEnigma
Sorry for the wait!

Citrine brought the phone closer to her to look at the pic they'd just taken. She grinned. Maybe Zacharie wasn't as cool as she thought, judging by the awkward look of his smile on the photo, but it was also endearing.

"Yeah, you're very cool. You're already studying for what you want to do with your life. I don't know what I want to do yet. So I'm just going to enjoy myself while I figure it out." She flipped her phone towards Zacharie so he could see the picture. The brain was very neatly focused in the center between them. Citrine was grinning like a dork, obviously really happy in the photo. "And I'm not just being nice." She smiled at him.

She didn't want to keep blocking this one jar of brain. It was pretty gross, and she didn't want to make other people mad by them hanging out in front of it all day. "You interested in other medical things? I think I see a heart over there with a bunch of... of... worms... coming out of it." Ok that was even more gross. Was that a parasite? Like... heart worms?  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:17 pm
"Sometimes it isn't such an obvious choice." Zacharie said wisely as he peered at photo they had just taken. He most definitely was not as photogenic as Citrine, but he supposed that it was an alright picture regardless. Especially since she had managed to get such a nice shot of the brain. "You'll find a field of study that interests you in your own time....and I'd like it if you sent me that photo." He added on as an after thought as he gave the jarred brain one last, longing look before moving towards where Citrine was pointing. "I've seen it a few times." He said dispassionately as he squeezed between a couple of girls to peer into the glass. "Quite grisly." He murmured, studying the heart with a clinical gaze. "Is there something else you'd like to take a look at? We don't have to spend all of our time in here."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:29 pm
Citrine smiled when Zacharie asked for her to send him the photo. "Of course! I'll send you any photo I take today." She promised before tucking her phone away. She watched as Zacharie pushed through people to look at the heart. She sighed, but smiled.

She wondered if Zacharie always pushed his way through crowds like that? "There's not really much in here that I want to see. But you're having fun, right? I figure when you've had your fun here, we can go hit up a couple rides?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff