Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:48 pm
Zacharie hated cleaning duty.
It didn't help that he had been literally pulled away from his experiments.

"I didn't even make this mess." He grumbled under his breath as he grudgingly accepted the broom being pushed into his hands by an equally irritated Agent. "Why is it so impossible for people to clean up after themselves?" He glared at the retreating white clad form and scowled at the flippant remark that they would be back to make sure that he didn't run off in the middle of duty.

Come on. It'd been like...a whole week since he'd last done that. He didn't need to be babysat!

Heaving a deep sigh, the teen pushed his bangs back from his face and stared up at the ceiling as if silently asking it for its guidance. With no immediate idea on how to get out of the situation, the purple haired boy resigned himself to the fact that he'd be in here for a while. "I guess this will give me some time to go over possible outcomes and solutions..." He tried to make light of the situation...but he'd still rather be down in the labs. Giving an irritated huff, he began sweeping up the grit and grim that had gathered during the day in neat little piles.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:23 am
Zuberi had been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Right as he was wandering down the halls and away from his dorm, he'd seen an Elite. And they said that he had to go clean the mess hall with another grunt. He tried to argue that he had better things to do, but the Elite waved him off and sent him on his way. He huffed angrily and shook his head, before walking down the halls and toward the cafeteria. He paused outside the door, sighed, and pushed it open, hands moving to his pockets as soon as he entered the large room.

He glanced around quickly, before locking amber orbs on the other grunt in the room. He stared for a moment, before sighing. He hated meeting new people. It put him on edge. After running a hand through his dreads to push them from his face, he extended his other, offering it to the other grunt. "Hello. I am Striker. Did you get forced into this job as well?" He asked, voice calm and firm. He always seemed rather strict or uptight, when in reality it was just his upbringing.

insidiousEnigma
[ Tag~ ]

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:24 pm
Zacharie glanced up to give the other occupant of the room a disinterested look before looking back down at the floor.
Wait...what?

Pale eyes snapped back up to the taller male with an obviously startled expression. Who the hell was this?! He squinted slightly and cocked his head a bit to the left as he studied the other grunt. Why did this guy remind him so much of Jerome? It could be the hair...it could be the shade of his eyes, or it could be the way that he talked. Nah, his best friend had a completely different tone of voice. Speaking of well...speaking, he hadn't realized he'd been quietly staring until the other decided to speak up.

"...Hello, I'm Zacharie." He said slowly as he averted his gaze back to the floor he had been absently sweeping at while he stared. "I was, quite literally, forced to leave the labs to come clean up someone else's mess." He said bitterly. He was working on important things that should only be interrupted for emergencies. Cleaning the mess hall was not an emergency. He couldn't wait to be an Agent. "Are you new to Team Rocket? I don't recall seeing you around." The teen asked, his tone vaguely curious. It was possible that the other had been there for quite some time (he was no expert on the people that wandered the base, after all) but he liked to think that he would remember someone that resembled his partner.

techabyte
Tag!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:37 pm
[ idk how Jerome talks, but if it helps any, Zuberi's supposed to have a thick African/South African accent. I just can't type those very well. xD ]

Zuberi paused for several seconds as he felt the pale eyes stared at him. He stood rather tall, as if showing he was a force to be reckoned with, before tilting his head to the side, causing his dreads to shift as well. His hands moved out of his pockets to rest at his sides loosely; but one wrong move and he could lash out and take an opponent down. He was strong for a young man, and could easily win himself a fight if he needed to. The fact that Zackarie was staring was putting Zuberi on edge, and he grit his jaw as if threatening the other man to react. It wasn't until he introduced himself that Zuberi calmed down considerably and glanced around at the mess that was littering the designated eating area. He released a quick breath, before moving over toward a near by sink, filling a bucket with water as he listened to the teen talk.

Zuberi clicked his tongue for a second, before lifting the bucket of water out of the sink, poured some soap in it, and grabbed a rag. He set it down on the nearest table before dipping the rag into the water and yanked it out, ringed it, and then started to scrub the surface. "Ah... Yes. I was coming back from a training regiment. It seems that they stake the importance of this rooms cleanness over other things." He murmured, partly to himself. When questioned about if he was new or not, Zuberi lifted amber eyes and locked them on the young teen, almost daring him to ask further. "You could say that... I have been here for a few months or so. I just recently got promoted to grunt, actually." He stated, looking back down at the table.

insidiousEnigma

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:13 pm
((They don't have the same accent at all. XD I meant more of like...their tone. But knowing the accent is really helpful!))

"Mmn, if the higher ups deem it important then it must be." Zacharie said sarcastically, but distractedly, as he swept up a pile of dust and crumbs into a dustpan. "It's obnoxious, but you get used to it...sort of." He shrugged his shoulders lightly as he stepped back to gaze out at the room. This was going to take forever with just the two of them. He considered just leaving and taking his chances with the Agent that would come to find him...but Zuberi looked the the kind of guy that would not appreciate that.

He didn't want to get beaten up.

"Ah, I see. Well congratulations, I suppose." Without any plan of escape he simply went back to sweeping up the floor, slowly making his way across the room. "I'm not particularly good with remembering faces or names, I was just curious if I had perhaps seen you about but had just forgotten." Wouldn't be a first. There were way too many people in the base for him to keep up with. But if Zuberi said he'd only been here a few months...then it was pretty unlikely that they'd met before. "I've been here for almost two years...I'm hoping to be promoted to Agent soon." With a soft sigh, he kicked a potato chip bag into his pile of garbage. "It can difficult to make your own way around here."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:06 pm
{ Oooh, gotcha. : D Glad I could help! lol }

Zuberi glanced at him at the sarcastic statement, and it almost drew a chuckle out of him. He shifted slightly to look over the table he'd been cleaning before standing up straight. He rolled his shoulders slightly and shook his head, sighing. This was irritable to say the least. All the cleaning and no training. How was this helping at all? Shouldn't trainees do the cleaning and grunts do something more... grunty? He wasn't able to really say anything about it though. He was just a grunt after all. And one wrong move and he'd probably be knocked down a few pegs. He sighed and shifted a bit and leaned against the table some, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Thank you. And good luck to you as well. Going for agent seems to be a tough act from what I have heard." He commented, pondering on that. He'd heard of people failing whatever tests there were in order to be an agent. If they didn't stand out or weren't material enough, they were shut down quick. Sometimes even knocked back even farther to Trainee. Or at least that's what he heard. He could be wrong. He cocked his head in thought before shrugging and turning back to the table. He dropped the rag on the table with a loud noise, and started to whip it down again.

insidiousEnigma

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:44 pm
For once Zacharie found himself wishing that he was in the company of someone a little more...chatty. It wasn't that he need to talk to people but he had certainly grown accustomed to people 'chatting his ear off' as the saying went. He was most certainly not well versed in the art of making small talk and so he relied rather heavily on other people to pick up his slack in that regard.

"I appreciate the sentiment." The teen murmured as he carefully swept a pile of dust and crumbs into his dustpan. "I've been working very diligently in the labs and if I can get my experiments functional I believe that it can help me improve my chances of becoming an Agent." He made his way over to the trash can to dump the dustpan out, his nose wrinkling slightly in disgust at the small cloud of dust that drifted up from the bag. Gross, that was so gross. Why didn't he bring a face mask with him? Oh...right, because he was dragged from the labs before he had a chance to grab his bag. "My partner is an Agent and from studying him it seems that I am on the right course for a promotion." He added lightly as he went back to his sweeping. "Do you have plans to become an Agent one day?" He asked curiously.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:58 pm
Zuberi frowned at the table. That had to of been a stain. There was no way in hell that it wasn't coming out. He sighed in frustration, scrubbing a bit before moving over toward the other table. He looked toward Zacharie and cocked his head. He nodded his head lightly toward him with a gentle smile before going back to his frown. His fingers shifted slightly in the cloth, getting a better hold as he scrubbed. He glanced back up when the man began to talk again, blinking curiously. He sure was meeting a lot of lab techs. He himself knew nothing about anything scientific. He had always hated science. Though he liked to listen to people when they spoke about something they found passionate.

"Labs? What sort of experiments do you do? I have met several different people who work in the labs, and I find that it is quite interesting. I myself am not very good when it comes to anything scientific or... well... medical, I suppose." Zuberi said, shrugging his shoulders. He leaned against the table some and nodded his head to the second question. He did plan to be an agent. Honestly, he kind of wanted to be head of a tactic force team. He was good at what he did, and good at being a leader. He just had to make it up there. "Eventually, yes. I still have a long way to go, I imagine." He said simply.

insidiousEnigma

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:32 pm
"I do all sorts of experiments." Zacharie grunted as he struggled to keep the dust pan in place with his foot and sweep trash into it. "Salves to get rid of scars in a few quick applications, crossbreeding plants, natural extracts that could be used in creating glow in the dark tattooing inks...though lately I've turned my attention to creating medicines that are practical to have for field work." The teen bent to pick up the dust pan before dumping its contents into the garbage can. "Right now I'm working on a bandage that can hold lacerations closed to prevent extensive blood loss while on the field. Essentially it will act as stitches." He tapped his chin thoughtfully as he glanced around the cafeteria. "The patch will also have numbing agents and a pain killer to lessen the pain until the wearer can get proper medical attention....just a moment."

Tugging his Rocket Dex from his pocket, he swiped his thumb across the screen and smiled at the happy chirp Virus gave as it woke up. "Hello, Virus. I need you to take a note for me." The Porygon pulled open the appropriate application and gave a little chirp to let him know that it was ready. "Look into using Lidocaine or Benzocaine for numbing agents for bandage project. Also look into any Rocket members that are possibly allergic to these agents." He watched the note get typed and saved before giving a little nod. "Back into sleep mode." Once the Dex was asleep, he carefully stored the device in his pocket.

"Science, medical or otherwise, takes a lot of dedication." Setting aside the broom and dustpan, he wandered across the room to grab the mop. "Not to say that you do not have that dedication, but if you were to dedicate enough time to learning I am certain that you would be able to pick it up." He gave the other grunt a small smile. "If science is not your forte, what is it that you do?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:08 am
Zuberi patiently listened to the man talk. He seemed very at ease and willing to go on and on about the science part of his life. It was interesting, fascinating really. Though Zuberi was never able to sit down and focus on anything like that. If he wasn't able to be on the move, he got twitchy. Something that seemed to go hand in hand with his Pokemon too. He tilted his head some and let a slight smile shift over his face as the man seemed to get more in depth on his conversation. Zuberi finished cleaning the table, before going about and picking up some trash. When he heard a chirp, he looked up and tilted his head to stare toward Zacharie. What was that?

He watched for several seconds, before shaking his head. He'd ask later. He finished picking up some trash before standing up straight in order to tie his dreads back using a few of the dreads themselves. He sighed at the mess and shook his head. Rocket should hire a maid... or six. He puffed out some air, before going back to work, his hands moving quickly as he threw things away and cleaned up crumbs. When he heard a question directed at him, he glanced up, amber eyes flickering.

"Hm? I was never good at science in school either... Now that I think on it." He laughed slightly before shrugging. "Though your passion for your work is amazing. You are definitely on the right path, and some of your ideas sound helpful." He stood up straight and crossed his arms over his chest, eyes locked. Zuberi was picky about how much information he revealed about himself; but what he did would probably be common knowledge anyways. "I infiltrate. My team and quick and silent, and we get the job done. Be it information or a snatch of a Pokemon. We move without care on if we have to hurt someone or get hurt ourselves; we achieve our mission and we get our target. Quick and silent." He said, voice taking on a somewhat prideful tone.

insidiousEnigma

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:04 am
techabyte

He wasn't going to blush...
He was not going to blush.
He would not blush!

....Yeah okay, he was totally blushing.
The teen stared wide-eyed at the other grunt as he was complimented, the red on his cheeks steadily growing darker and spreading, before he abruptly turned so his back was facing the taller man. Zacharie clutched the map tightly and brought it to his chest as if it would protect him from whatever the hell he was feeling at the particular moment. "A-Ah..." He paused and cleared his throat before trying again. "I...well...." He anxiously glanced around as if the proper way to respond would be written on the walls or spelled out in chairs. "...I appreciate you saying that." He said finally, voice timid and shoulders hunched ever so slightly. "It was very kind of you."

And with that, he began mopping with a little more force than was probably necessary. He listened intently to what Zuberi said, though he refused to turn around until he was certain that the ridiculous blushing had stopped. He thought that the other sounded a bit dramatic, but it also sounded pretty interesting. "I can't say I've met anyone from that department." At least he didn't think he had. "Is that something that you took up when you joined Team Rocket or have you always been interested in things that involve a lot of stealth and quick thinking?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:51 pm
Zuberi blinked, staring toward the other male for several seconds. What was wrong with him? Had he done something wrong? Was something happening that could endanger Zacharie's health? His eyes flickered over the smaller male quickly, taking a full analysis from visual aspects that he could. When Nathan turned around suddenly, Zuberi stiffened. He frowned some and watched him with an even more intent stare. He wasn't used to people turning their back on him. He was violent when he needed to be, and was easily a quick strike to disable someone so he could do whatever he wanted. And the fact that this boy oh so willingly turned his back on Zuberi made him curious.

The African stood very still and watched him for several seconds. He waited until Zacharie started to talk again before he eased down slightly. He let his hands move back to cleaning, his eyes still lingering on the back of the other Grunt. He shrugged slightly at the comment and glanced at his hands. "I... have always really been good at stealth. And puzzles, quick thinking, the whole thing. I grew up doing such things, so it only seemed natural that I continue to do them here." He stated, voice softening slightly in thought before he shrugged it off and glanced back at him. "Have you always known you would do something in terms with science for your life?"

insidiousEnigma

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:38 pm
techabyte

Zacharie could definitely understand that reasoning. "I really enjoy puzzles...though I find that I don't partake in them all too often." He paused, lifting and cocking his head slightly as he thought. "Well, some would consider working on experiments a puzzle of sorts...so I suppose that depending on your definition of a puzzle, I am constantly working on them." He continued to quietly mull the thought over in his mind before shaking his head to clear his thoughts. "If it's something that you enjoy then I'm glad that you're able to continue here." He said earnestly with a small smile, though it slowly slipped from his face at the others question.

"...I suppose you could say that." He murmured, idly tapping his fingers against the handle of the mop in his hands. "My parents both were well known, successful doctors and chemists, so there were always medical journals and the like around the house." He shrugged lightly as he chewed on his bottom lip. It'd been quite some time since he had talked about his parents or even about his life before joining Team Rocket and it left a weird, twisting feeling in his stomach. "But by age six I knew that I would grow up to become a doctor...seemed a bit inevitable."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:18 am
Zuberi watched the other man for a few seconds, staring curiously. He liked to listen to him talk, shockingly. It was interesting. He seemed to really enjoy his work, and by commenting on puzzles, connected them in a way. He blinked curiously, before sending him a small smile, and shifted some to finish cleaning that table. He rolled his shoulders, before moving over to a table somewhat closer to where Zacharie was. He moved over toward the table and cleaned it off, before crossing his arms and watching him talk. He then saw it. That flicker. He went form excitedly talking about puzzles and then he shifted into something... anxious? Nervous? Uncertain? He frowned slightly and dropped the rag on the table, before cocking his head to the side and glancing around. The mess hall was almost empty now. Most of the people that were eating moving on to do something else.

The African shifted forward more, and dropped his head down to where he could talk near his ear as he walked by, voice dropping to an almost whisper. "I think you are on the right path, Zacharie." He then continued forward, shifting to clean off the last two tables, before dropping the rag back into the bucket, and moved to gather a broom to clean up some of the mess around a table.

insidiousEnigma

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:47 pm
It took about every ounce of his self control not to give a startled squawk.

The teen did jump slightly at the others sudden proximity though, his eyes widening and a bright blush immediately rising to his cheeks as Zuberi spoke. Close enough to feel his breath on the sensitive skin of his ear and cause the hairs on the back of his neck to stand on edge. Did people normally stand so close when talking to someone they just met? He couldn't recall but he did know that it was common practice to whisper close to someone's ear when sharing a secret. Was the compliment meant to be some sort of secret? He knew that he was on the right path...excluding the whole 'member of Team Rocket' thing.

...It was still nice to hear though. No matter how embarrassing it was.

He watched Zuberi clean tables with an openly flustered and curious expression. "I-" He paused, cleared his throat and returned to mopping up the floor. "I appreciate the sentiment." He mumbled shyly, his eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly. "So..." He wracked his brain for something to say to help dispel the embarrassment he still felt. "What sort of training do you do? Is there a particular fighting style you use?"

techabyte

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces