Submit

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:56 am
A black-haired man loitered around the exit and entrance tunnels on floor B1 of the Rocket base. His arms were crossed and he paced about like a caged animal, watching people come and go on pokemon, in vehicles, and on foot. He himself didn't seem to have an intention of leaving, but the Rockets watching the tunnels and authorizing access both in and out continued to eye him warily.

They were all aware of the grunt who, having been denied promotion to agent and even demoted back to trainee over the course of his four years as a Rocket, was not allowed outside as per his higher-ranking partner's orders. Even without those orders, the trouble-maker had quite an infamous reputation among those who had been around long enough to hear and know of it. Hacking off an agent's long hair, getting himself caught by the police during one mission, getting another agent killed...the list of rumors went on and on, but few knew which, if any, were true.

The fact of it was the man was bored. As an informant and a people-watcher, he had grown quite weary of the same setting, the same people, and the same old environment day after day. He longed for some interesting news from outside, but there came nothing. All that was new were the people, but the human-loving grunt hungrily seized them all up, finding out as much as he could about them. His new roommate had been interesting for a time, but since Adam was as annoying as he was, he couldn't stand the blonde for very long periods at a time. He would have to learn more about that one bit by bit. In the meantime, there were other fish in the sea.

So the Rocket Grunt continued to pace, watching the people as they left and arrived. He seemed to be waiting for someone, but in fact, he was simply scanning the faces for those unfamiliar to him. When he was bored, which he happened to be a lot of these days with no outlet for his restlessness, one thing that always cheered Izaya up was a new playmate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:55 pm
Zuberi wasn't a huge fan of having to come back from training. But he knew that if he was gone for too long, he'd draw more attention than he really wanted. So, with his long dreadlocks tied back and his jacket firmly zipped up, Zuberi headed back to the Rocket base. His Pokeballs were tucked neatly inside the top layer of his bag, each tucked into a small pocket where he knew they would be safe. He had three now; Moto, his Cyndaquil. Nyota, the Dragonair he saved. And a stuck up little jerk named Baridi who refused on all hell to do anything Zuberi asked. He shifted slightly with a sigh, walking back through the gates and letting his eyes wander the area around him.

The headquarters could get boring fast. If nothing was going on, and everyone was just doing their own thing, it was as boring as all get out. He often times didn't have much to do. He usually would find a quiet corner and read or study up on the Pokemon he had in his party. But, right now, he had nothing to do and he didn't want to just waste time. But without being on a mission with a higher up or being asked to do something, like maybe log files, he didn't have a thing to do. He was going to read up more on Glaceon's but Baridi wouldn't listen to him anyway, so what was the point? He glance down at his bag as he moved forward, before stopping. He glanced around, hands moving to his pockets, before lingering.

He needed to find something to do. Zuberi wasn't exactly a friendly person. He didn't like to linger and talk to people, or to sit and watch those that walked by. He preferred quiet exclusion to anything. Hell, if he had it his way, he'd do missions alone with his team. Though at the same time, he knew said team wasn't strong enough. Nyota had some power to her, but he couldn't exactly expect her to do all the work. Moto was still rather weak, and Baridi... Yeah. He glanced down the hall toward where the dorms were, pondering just going back to his room. He could go take a nap, but that was wasted time, and Zuberi hated wasting time. "Tatizo." He murmured, turning and heading toward the dorms, ignoring the people around him.

lZAYA ORlHARA

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:48 pm
Izaya did a double-take as the dreads he thought belonged to Jerome turned out to belong to someone else entirely. He'd only noticed when the man spoke some word and his voice was unrecognizable. Well well...who was this? He seemed very down-to-business and quite brisk, especially for a new Rocket. Curious at the stranger's motivation, the skinny grunt began to pursue his new target with a few feet of distance between them. They soon left the area, granting the watchful Rockets on duty some relief that the parka-wearing grunt was out of their sight and out of their hair for the time being.

For his part, Izaya walked at a steady pace, his eyes never leaving the man in front of him. He seemed to be doing his best not to skip, though there was something of a spring in his step and he couldn't keep the delighted smile off his face. Other than that, though, he did nothing to indicate his presence to the fellow ahead; not a word nor a gesture. As they walked, he wondered just how intent the other Rocket was on getting to whatever he had in mind and how much it might have hindered him from being aware of his surroundings. Like the fact that he appeared to be being stalked.

techabyte

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:15 am
Zuberi wasn't certain what he was going to do for the rest of the day. What was it? Noon? He glanced around for a clock, before shaking the thought away. He'd have to just deal with it and find something to do, even if it was reading a book on starters or something. As he moved, he felt something. His "spidey-sense" for lack of a better word, flared. He stood a little bit taller and tilted his head ever so lightly. Only the trained eye would notice the tilt. But he could hear it. The footfall behind him. For every step he took the person took a step and a half. They were shorter than him by a few inches, at least. So more than likely Zuberi could overpower them. But, he couldn't jump to conclusions yet. They could just be heading in the same direction. Glancing ahead of him for a random turn, he took it, and moved that way. He weaved through a few halls, and it wasn't until he was certain he was being followed that he thought of something he could do to get rid of said stalker.

Zuberi's hands went into his jacket pocket, fisting slightly to keep his cool. He turned another corner or two, acting like nothing was wrong. That was the thing about Zuberi. He was used to sneaking, and he was used to being unseen in a crowd. And this. This was going to be fun. He smirked slightly and rolled his shoulders. The African shifted and turned down another corner. But instead of continuing walking, he hugged the wall and turned quickly around on his heel. And Zuberi was one hundred and eighty pounds of pure muscle. And he wasn't short. Standing over six feet he could easily overcome whomever was following him. The plan was to have the little pipsqueak run into him because, lets face it, generally they don't expect whomever they're following to turn around like that. Run into him, and then Zuberi could make the grab. And if he got his hands on the kid, he'd be able to easily get him to back off.

But if he didn't get bumped into... Well... Then Zuberi was going to have to think of another plan, wasn't he? He couldn't call out his Pokemon. After all. Moto would be far too scared, Nyota was too big, and Baridi wouldn't listen to him even if he begged. So, he waited, cause he was certain it would only take a couple seconds for the other to catch up. But Zuberi was a quick thinker, and waiting for just three seconds was too much for him to even handle right now.

IZAYAORIHARA

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:40 am
The informant, who hadn't taken his eyes off his quarry for an instant, caught the slight change in the man's posture. Ah, so he'd been noticed. Even so, the grunt continued to follow, his grin broader than ever. It would be fun to see how long this could drag out before the other chose to do something about it.

Weaving through hallways - clever. This tactic was useful for being certain one was being shadowed as well as attempting to lose unwanted pursuers. However, Izaya wasn't about to be shaken off so easily. He continued to tail the other Rocket until suddenly he rounded a corner and the sound of his footsteps stopped.

Realizing what this meant, Izaya proceeded more slowly until he found himself overshadowed by the larger and taller individual. At five feet and nine inches with no visible muscle to speak of, the scrawny grunt was at a clear physical disadvantage. Still, he kept his composure with his hands in his parka pockets, his nonchalant smile concealing any surprise or admiration he felt at the other's actions while he looked up to meet his gaze.

The crimson-eyed man giggled. "Ne, you're quite sharp for a new recruit, aren't you? I'll bet you'll be rising through the ranks in no time."

techabyte

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:59 am
Zuberi was ready to reach out and snag hair in his hand, but this man was smarter than the bullies in the streets of Lumiose. Which wasn't a bad thing. Being a Rocket he should have expected him to be smart. But, instead he figured that the guy would be distracted. He tilted his head to the side and watched the raven haired man with amber eyes filled with irritation and curiosity. Why was this guy following him? What was the point? Did Zuberi set off some vibe to have people want to interact with him? Maybe he was doing it wrong...He wanted to blend in and not be pulled from a crowd but it seemed everyone and their mother wanted his attention or to talk to him or have him clean something ( the last being more frustrating than any of the others ).

He was within arms reach, but Zuberi had no idea what sort of physical training this guy had. He could know karate or something. Or have a weapon. So Zuberi just stood there, a force to be reckoned with, showing that he'd fight back if he damn well needed to. The giggle caught him off guard.He narrowed his eyes for a second before looking the man over. He was a few inches shorter, short hair, pale skin. The only thing that made him know for a fact that he was a boy was the way he held himself. Girls didn't hold themselves in that manner.

The questions didn't seem to affect him. He didn't react, but his eyes flickered once more over him. As if looking for some form of weapon. It wasn't until he straightened up a bit more and pulled his hands from his jacket pockets did he respond. His voice was rough, low and careful. A thick South African accent made his words sound a little off, but it was clear that English was a primary language of his. "I like to believe that I have, as you would call it, street smart. Why are you following me." It wasn't a question, it was a demand. Not as a grunt or as a member of Team Rocket. But as Zuberi. He had an air about him that demanded respect and when he was irritated, he would demand it even more than before.

Kitomyx

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:17 am
Glad to see he wasn't about to be man-handled, the Japanese regarded the African with an intense interest. This one knew better than to grab strangers without knowing what they were capable of. It seemed he'd had experience with learning not to underestimate opponents, and seeing as he was new and of grunt rank, Izaya was willing to bet it had been obtained prior to joining Team Rocket. How intriguing.

His professionalism (or was it just coldness of demeanor?) was reflected in his attitude as he responded to the shorter man's words. Sensing the dark-skinned grunt scanning him for weapons or perhaps other signs of threats, the informant pulled his own hands out of his parka, palms up. "I don't mean any harm~!" he assured his fellow Rocket, his voice playful and sing-songy. "I just wanted to find out more about you. I love humans, you see, so it's my hobby to observe them. And, being stuck at base, there aren't many I haven't already met or know something about. You, however, are a rare treat~"

If Izaya noticed the irritation in the other's voice, he didn't give any indication. Instead, he continued speaking as if they were already on friendly terms, gesturing dramatically, chatting brightly, and maintaining an overall jolly mannerism. "Street smart, eh? I know a few Rockets here who are street smart, having literally been picked up off the streets," he commented. "You seem like you have more than just that. There's a particular professionalism about you that suggests you've done this sort of work before. Rocket-type work, I mean, but prior to joining the organization. Am I right?"

techabyte

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:42 am
Zuberi hesitated on what to do. He could still do what he wanted. It was clear to him that this man wasn't a threat. He could take him down. And it would be easy. But, he needed to keep his head about him. Getting in trouble via a fight was not on his agenda. What would happen if this was some executives pet or something? A report back could knock Zuberi's hard work down the drain and have him start over. His eyes darted to the side in thought before locking once more on the man in front of him. He tightened a hand when the other was moving, only to see him hold open palms. His eyes lingered on the other mans hands, before he relaxed his own. He flexed his fingers for a second, and then let his hands relax at his side.

The statements about loving humans kind of put him on edge. It sounded... well... psychopathy. But at the same time he was here, right?More than likely all these people were "psychopathy" in some way or another. He had to think about that one, really. Was he like that? Now wasn't the time to debate. A treat? Like a piece of candy? That was a little confusing. Zuberi was far from a treat, if anyone knew what was good for them. He narrowed his eyes again, before setting his jaw firmly. Well, let the boy think what he wills. He'd learn soon enough just how much of a "treat" Zuberi could be.

He seemed far too happy to be part of Team Rocket. Like... way too happy. But Zuberi didn't hold it against him. Eden was similar in that. She was often times rather happy or sing-song-y. Despite Zuberi's caution toward her not to be. As it stands, Eden wasn't here right now, and this boy was. "You could say that, if you wish. Though I am in no obligation to give away my life to a stranger. Why is it I interest you. You need to elaborate more on your fascination before you can get anything out of me to sooth your curiosity." He stated firmly, arms moving to cross over his chest.

Kitomyx

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:00 am
"Ah, so cautious! Or maybe just cold," the grunt laughed. "But you're right. And it wouldn't be any fun if you just spilled your guts to me. I'd much rather take the time to get to know you in my own way~" Continuing to grin, the informant flourished his hand from himself outward in a gesture of introduction.

"You can call me Grunt Nakura. I'm an informant and my job is my pleasure. I observe people as a hobby and I love love love the human race, so I never get tired of watching them. They're so predictable...and yet unpredictable. Since I've been 'grounded' for a bit, though, I've been bored out of my mind watching the same old people do the same old things for the same old reasons and it's slowly driving me crazy." He sighed. "I'm not even allowed outside to stretch my legs a little. It was pretty fun to do some parkour around Camphoreon when I got the chance." He glanced at Zuberi out the corner of his eye. "Do you do any freerunning, Shinjin-san~?"

techabyte

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:11 am
The African watched him with careful eyes, uncertain about his disposition. He was very jolly indeed. It was weird for him, but, he was accepting of it at the same time. People were different. There was no changing that. He drew his tongue quickly over his lower lip, before adjusting his stance to something more comfortable. His hands went into his lower pockets, and his hips jutted out slightly, shoulders moving back a bit to stand more relaxed. If he was going to have a conversation with this man, he was going to do it in his own manner. That being said, he could easily go back on the defense if he needed to. That wasn't a problem at all.

He listened to the grunt ( now named Nakura ) talk. His head tilted to the side and he absorbed the information. So he was an informant. Someone who could get information and get out. Something that Zuberi respected, honestly. He himself was kind of that way. Except he was dubbed Striker. And there was a reason for it. Viper like was his best description. He arched his eyebrow slowly at the nickname. Shinjin? What was that?He made a mental note to ask later when he wasn't being asked a question. "I have dabbled; though I am not a professional by any means." He stated lightly, before tilting his head the other way. "Why do you ask? You have already stated that you cannot leave the area. Why would free running be a question?" He asked curtly.

Kitomyx

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:25 am
The taller Rocket's new change in posture pleased Grunt Nakura. He was so happy someone was willing to converse with him for a bit. It'd been a while since he'd gotten to talk like this without being brushed off (disregarding Adam, of course, but that one asked more questions of his own than answered any).

"Then your 'dabbling' must have gotten you pretty far. I know some agents who aren't as keen as you," the Japanese replied. "And in regards to free running, it tells me a lot more than you might guess. An ability to adapt and improvise depending on one's environment, for instance. Another would be a hint at what kind of 'streets' you picked up your 'smarts' from, since parkour tends to be done in large urban settings. Since, from your question, you already seem to know free running can't be done indoors, and the fact that you haven't asked what it is, I'll wager you already know. But then again, you haven't asked what 'shinjin' is either, so either you already know, you don't care, or you plan to find out later~"

techabyte

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:36 am
Hm... Smart.

Zuberi smirked lightly, the first real expression that shifted over his features. But it was quickly gone when he realized he was releasing it. He glanced around the area, before nodding his head for Nakura to follow. He didn't want to keep standing around in a hallway where someone could come and interrupt them at any point in time. He knew of some quite corners he had found when he wanted a chance moment to himself. He started to walk again, moving quietly and carefully and slowly, in case the boy fell behind. Which he doubted. Boy. Man?He didn't look older than a teenager, so Zuberi wasn't certain how to classify him at the moment. He turned his head to watch the man as he walked, his eyes locked.

"You are smart. Much like a detective. So you have whittled it down to me being from a large city. That is a step in the right direction." He stated, before turning down another hall. Zuberi didn't pause as he moved, and instead seemed to pick up speed. He knew that not many people wandered this far toward the dorms and didn't actually go into said dorms. So when he turned another corner and was at a small sitting area, he seemed more relaxed to see it empty. He moved forward and sat down, his back straight and eyes locked still on the man. "I do know what free running is. As for "Shinjin" I have no clue. I did not think it important to ask at the moment. If you would like to enlighten me as to what that is, I would appreciate it. If not, call me Striker. Shinjin is not my name nor my codename, and as I do not know if it is an insult, I do not want it associated with me." He said simply, waving a hand for him to take a seat.

Kitomyx

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:57 am
Was that a smirk? Oh, but it disappeared as quickly as it had come. So, then, this one was conscious about his reputation, too, just like Agent Aulus. Didn't want to be seen as a soft or emotional man; preferred to be respected over being liked. Definitely high-ranking Rocket material.

Nakura was somewhat astonished that he had been deemed worthy enough by the African to converse more in private. Delighted, he did as he was beckoned and followed once more, trying to match the practiced stealth with which the other moved. Yep; obviously experienced in that department. When he saw the other meeting his gaze, he waved gleefully, assuring him he was right behind.

At last they reached a vacant sitting area and the scrawny grunt flopped down beside his new companion. "That's what informants do, ne?" he answered, amused, in response to being compared to a detective. "I don't think you're from Camphoreon, though, because I'm from there and I'd think I would have at least caught wind of someone with your talents by now. That, and I figure Team Rocket would have picked you up sooner, so likely not from Kodo at all. Let's see...the most recent reigon we've come into contact with would be...Kalos, correct? Never visted myself."

Swinging his legs back and forth like some high school girl spending time with her crush, the Japanese grunt laughed giddily. "'Shinjin' simply means 'newcomer' in Japanese. I thought I might lure you into telling me your name to get me to stop calling you something else, as usually works with others. It helps when one doesn't know what the term I'm calling them means, but you didn't even ask, so that was pretty much foiled."

He brightened at the name he was given instead. "Striker-san, eh? How cool-sounding! And it seems to fit you. Tell me, Striker-san, have you met Agent Jerome? He also lived on the streets for a time. He also has dreadlocks and a dark complexion, so at first I mistook you for him. Very laid-back guy, though, easy to get along with, and a traceur like myself."

techabyte

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:29 pm
Zuberi cast a side glance at the boy, his eyebrow raising slightly. That was interesting. He seemed all giddy and excited. Something Zuberi actually wasn't used to. He had never really seen anyone act like this around him. After all, he didn't often leave himself open for people to flirt with him or treat him like something more than a stranger. Eden was the only one who had gotten past his hard exterior, but that was due to the fact that they grew up together. He sat back a bit more in the seat, getting more comfortable. He lifted his leg, resting his ankle against his knee, his bag sitting beside him. he tilted his head toward Nakura with interest before looking back forward and toward the wall across from them, as if very interested in the poster hanging up. Something about Team Rocket motto.

"You would be correct in that as well. I did not originate from Camphoreon; though I did live there for two years before joining Team Rocket." He stated, tilting his head back toward the other grunt. "Kalos is where I spent most of my life. My family moved there when I was young." Zuberi said, shifting slightly. He tapped his fingers against his knee, before looking back over toward the wall in front of them. His eyes flickered along the poster again, before he tuned in on the words that the other man was saying. He listened to the definition, nodding lightly. He'd never learned Japanese, probably never would. He knew two languages already, and didn't want to confuse himself. Swahili was his first language, and why his accent was so thick when he spoke English.

His name was something that was given to him when he joined Rocket. People on the streets just called him a thief. But his quick in and out motive and ability to take down an opponent faster than most others. It was like a strike. And thus he took on the codename Striker. Even in training he was quick and quiet. He'd been told he had potential, but didn't believe it until he advanced through training rather quickly. The mention of Jerome caught his attention though. He looked over and raised a brow, before letting a slight chuckle escape. "I have not met Agent Jerome. But, I have heard from one or two others that I appear to look like him. I am interested in meeting him at once point in time. Though not anytime soon." He murmured, shrugging his shoulders.

Kitomyx

lZAYA ORlHARA

[ Just in case~ :3 And if you wanna plot or anything, I have AIM~ JokersMaddnes@aol.com ]  

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:34 pm
Beaming with a slightly clueless expression, Izaya saw the other grunt raise an eyebrow which reminded him of the odd looks he used to get from Jerome. It was nice talking to someone who wasn't aware of his reputation for once. At least Striker didn't seem uptight or wary around him, and while this man was obviously very cautious, perhaps he had some confidence in feeling he could take on the smaller Rocket if necessary.

"I see! So when you moved to Camphoreon, I was already a Rocket. I haven't been able to keep up with on-goings in Camphoreon City as much as I used to when I worked as an underground informant there, so that may be one reason I hadn't heard of you prior. Still, though, this place has been a pretty good alternative in regards to being a hub of excitement. Until recently, that is."

Big city...Kalos...Izaya was willing to bet that meant Lumiose, which, if he remembered right, was at the heart of that region. If his family moved there, the informant doubted it was out of poverty, which meant he might have come from a prosperous family. If so, how did he end up here? Was he one of those 'runaway rich kids' who tired of their life of luxury and expectations, abandoning it for one of freedom and fulfillment?

But this was all just speculation and he dared not ask about it just now. Nosy as he was, he didn't want to push his luck when this grunt seemed to be opening up to him. This was surprising to Izaya, since he had suspected Striker would be one of those tougher nuts to crack. Perhaps because he had given information about himself and been the first to offer it up, Striker had been more willing to return the favor. Whatever the case, the fact that his own talkative nature and gently probing questions hadn't yet been met with anger or dismissal was enough for him.

"Ah, have you?" Nakura asked, propping an elbow up on his knee and leaning his cheek against his palm as he turned to look at him. "Hehe, well you both certainly stand out in your own ways. He's my height, but a lot more burly and a couple of years older than me. Still weird to think he joined Team Rocket after me and was my roommate for a bit before he got promoted to Agent." Chuckling, he shrugged, holding out his arms to his sides. "But that's life, I suppose~ Hard to say what'll happen. You'll probably be promoted soon, too." He paused. "May I ask why you say 'not anytime soon'? Got other plans to keep you busy at the moment?"

techabyte

((Oh, thanks! My screen name on both AIM and Skype is Kitomyx. I tried contacting you on AIM, but it said your settings are set to not recieve offline messages, so I suppose I'll just wait until you're online. XD))  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff