Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:31 pm
It wasn't a new routine, no matter how busy she was with the tech department, the Robotics Agent always made time to take her team out and run them each through a rigorous training.
It was common place too, that each time she planned to make it to one of the training rooms she required Grunt Orihara to accompany her.

The Agent was dressed as smartly as ever, her usual neatly pressed Agent uniform, pristine white and fitting her healthy build, shoulder length dark blond hair pulled back out of her face.
She fiddled with something on her gloves as she waited in the dimly lit room for her partner to arrive, the Pokemon she had released into the room flitting around within what shadows the aria had to offer in their warm ups fading in and out of sight as they silently darted in mock attacks at one another.

Faleen paid no mind to them, nor to the Scraggy that half clung to her boot as he watched with wide eyed amazement as his team mates executed their movements with such speed and fluid grace.
His master, toying with a new mechanical band she had added to one of her gloves, a small glinting blue and green gem now installed into its metal surface.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:47 pm
Arriving not long after his partner, Izaya ambled in with his hands in his parka pockets, yawning lightly. He glanced at the pokemon that Faleen had already released to train before his gaze fell on the Scraggy and he sneered. "That one really likes you, doesn't it? Like a child clinging to its mother out of separation anxiety. I'm surprised you're allowing that."

He hadn't missed the new piece of tech she was fiddling with, but as he was certain it would be explained to him in due time, he didn't bother asking about it. The gem gave him a hint, though, and he made mental notes as he watched. He would need to use one of those himself pretty soon if he was right about its purpose.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:56 pm
The small banded device she was working on game a small whirring noise and something clicked closed, once this happened Faleened opened and closer her fist a couple of times, before allowing her arm to drop next to her body as she turned toward her partner when she heard his voice.

"As a Pokemon anxious for battle after being told to stay put." She offered instead, though there was a softness to her eyes as she looked down at the Lizard Pokemon, still staring off at the battling Pokemon.
The softness did not last though as she looked back up at Izaya. "He pulls his weight."

Tilting her head a little as she looked over the slightly taller Grunt, then making a gesture for him to approach her.
"We're going to be working with something very different today." She told him. "I haven't tried it out myself so today may be a test run that requires more work."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:11 pm
"Oh, is that how it is?" The softness, brief though it was, wasn't lost on Izaya. "So you told him to stay put? What in the world could have made you tell him that?"

Growing more curious about the relationship between the Scraggy and its trainer, the grunt barely registered the beckoning gesture and it took him a second before he absently obeyed.

When she began to speak again, his train of thoughts turned to a different set of tracks, however, and his attention returned to the banded device. "Wait. You haven't tried it? What, am I here in case anything goes wrong, then?"

Though he spoke with a joking smile, panic began to grip the grunt. Pokemon were some of the few opponents he didn't feel confident in confronting because of their inhuman power and lack of ability to speak. He still doubted they could be reasoned with.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:21 pm
Faleen lifted a finger to gesture toward the darkness, where the swift blows of the other dark types could be felt cracking through the air, more than they could be heard of seen.
"A blow from any one of them could rip apart both him and Froakie, they're not ready to train with them." She explained.

Faleen blinked at Izaya assumptions, but arched her eyebrows and turned to face him. "I've tried it with Absol quite a bit, Its Sharpedo's I haven't tested to see if our bond is sufficient enough yet." She explained, glancing out to the spout of violently flowing water, no doubt concealing the vicious blue beast within it.

"Besides, I'm aware that you managed to get your hands on a Mega stone yourself." She pointed out, turning toward him "Obviously you've had a pokemon in mind yourself? Though I'm curious if you've been able to form the kind of bond it requires for such power."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:36 am
Them and me, both, the grunt thought nervously as he glanced toward the shadows where the dark-types battled.

He continued to wear his uneasy smile as Faleen mentioned having tried something with Absol, but not her Sharpedo. The grunt's eyes widened. "Eh? Wh-what? Faleen-chan, surely you can't be serious. I mean, yes, I bought one, but mostly out of boredom and to learn something new. I haven't actually tried using it yet."

Izaya stared at the water, his smile wiped from his face. "Isn't that the blood-thirsty Sharpedo that ate a Galactic?" he asked quietly, as if speaking any louder would make clear the hint of terror in his tone. "Why don't we just both stick to Absols and you can 'test your bond' with that thing another time? When I'm not around, preferably..."

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:47 am
A light arch of Faleen's eyebrows as she address Izaya once he voiced his concerns.
"Of course I'm serious." She announced, folding her arms across her chest and shifting her weight so that she could walk over to Izaya.
"If you like it or not, you have to know what you're doing with your pokemon, no more of this dawdling around, and no more excuses. if you bought a Megastone, a rare opportunity, I will not allow it to go to waist, and I expect you utilize it in the best way possible, and that will involve becoming more familiar with your pokemon and make them more useful to yourself and to this team."

The Agent paused, looking over the Grunt for a few seconds before she tilted her head
"Shapredo's been fed today, he has no intention of eating anymore." She explained, taking his concerns into consideration and trying to put the worries to ease. "That isn't the point of today's training anyway, I already know I can use my stone and make Absol Mega evolve, I need to test if Sharpedo and I have what it takes to mega evolve."
Her back straightened up a little and with a light sigh she continued " 'when you aren't around' is no longer an option." Faleen added Hazel eyes looking over her partner "From now on if one of us done training, the other is required to be present."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:20 pm
"I know what I'm doing with them, I just thought I'd do a little more research on mega evolutions before I tried it out," Izaya defended. "Unfortunately, that's been made rather difficult due to the fact that I've been cut off from the internet. And the written records, files, and books on technology that recent is pretty hard to come by in our library."

With a resigned sigh, the grunt pulled the stone out of one pocket and Kid's Ultra ball out of another. "With all due respect, Agent, who's to say more power won't make them more hungry? Or more dangerous? If you don't have what it takes, are you certain the worst that can happen is it failing to mega-evolve? What if it does anyway and you fail to keep control over it?"

As he spoke, he checked themselves and their surroundings before releasing Kid. The Absol blinked, shook himself, and sat quietly at Izaya's feet while regarding Scraggy and the other dark-types.

"What? What do you mean by that?" the black-haired Rocket asked, frowning. "You mean we have to be with each other during each and every training session?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:27 pm
Faleen lifted her chin a little "Here's the situation Izaya, you're either going to learn how to control it, or at least take control, or you're going to get hurt. If you feel like these pokemon are not the kind you want, or can work with, then find different pokemon, but you have to learn how to be more confident with them, period."

"You are the one who came to me asking for another chance," She pointed out with a frown "I'll say this again, if you're not willing to do what it takes to start actually building a partnership in this mess you've created then say so now and I won't waist my time."
Faleen's tone carried no hint of playing around, and she set Izaya with a very firm stare. "I am no longer playing around,"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:57 pm
"It's not these pokemon," he murmured. "It's that one. Yours. The one with a taste for human flesh."

Shaking his head, he held out his hands. "Right, right, I get it. I'm doing it, aren't I? I just wanted to confirm that was what you meant. No need to be so abrasive~" He reached out to pat her shoulder with another friendly smile before looking down at his Absol.

"If I don't risk death by Sharpedo here, I'm still dead, so I don't have much choice. Alright, what do you do first? Am I watching and observing, or are we trying this at the same time?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:12 pm
Faleen lifted her chin a little at the comment about Sharpedo's taste for human flesh.
"Sharpedo!" She snapped loudly to get the pokemon's attention.
Upon his summoning the pillar of gushing water suddenly shifted, and rushed with incredible sleep toward the two Rockets.
Scraggy let out a yelp and clung to Faleen's boot as a gush of water flowed over the ground around the Rocket's feet, nearly knocking Scraggy to the ground.

Faleen turned to the massive beast now hovering in the pillar of water behind her, the Sharpedo's sunken red eyes flicking from Izaya up to Faleen as she approached him. Taking a hold of his nose and prying his mouth open.
Without so much as a hesitation Faleen placed her arm, and shoulder inside the monster's mouth, looking over at Izaya
"Close."

Hesitantly and with eyes flicking from her to Izaya the Sharpedo obeyed, closing his jaws gingerly, and enough to keep his teeth from breaking into Faleen's skin.
After he had his mouth close, the Agent moved, approaching Izaya with the Sharpedo moving with her still clamped down on her arm.
"Do not mistake the enemy getting in the way of my Sharpedo's attack for a lack of control that I have over my pokemon, Izaya."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:45 pm
The informant attempted to keep a casual stance, but stiffened ever so slightly as Faleen called her pokemon. It was all he could do not to follow Scraggy's example when the water lapped at their feet and he found he actually sympathized with the pokemon when it was nearly knocked to the ground. He knew what it was like to feel weak and powerless.

Pretty soon, though, all of the grunt's attention was focused on the water and dark-type before them. He watched without a word as she pried his mouth open, but he couldn't help parting his lips as if to speak when she put her arm and shoulder inside the creature's mouth. When Faleen looked at him, Izaya tried not to gape, promptly closing his mouth and biting back whatever words he might have been about to say. He had to trust that she knew what she was doing. Even if it was just to freak him out.

At the agent's words to him, the grunt answered with an unmistakable edge of annoyance. "I didn't. That doesn't mean it disturbs me any less to see that thing clamped on to your arm. You've made your point; can you get it off now, please?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:08 pm
She didn't miss the look on Izaya's face when she displayed this control, though she wasn't surprised by this reaction, she hoped that it wouldn't be something that he consistently clung too,.

"No, you don't get it." she countered to his point, though at the request she put a hand on the Shark's nose, gesturing for him to open his mouth back up.
pulling her arm out, unscathed and placing it on the Sharpedo's head.
"As partners you should be just as comfortable around my pokemon as I am, just as I should be as used to and comfortable around yours."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:32 pm
"So am I to trust that you wouldn't turn that or any other pokemon of yours on me if the mission called for it?" he asked, rubbing his neck with a tired look. "You already know my pokemon are almost more-likely to obey you than me, though I've been working on that with them so that they might at least show me an equal amount of respect. Your pokemon are loyal exclusively to you, though."

He frowned. s**t, he was supposed to pretty much entrust his life to her, wasn't he? That meant that yeah, if he was told to forfeit his life or Faleen was ordered to take it from him, he would be obligated to cooperate. Well, that sucked. But that was that and it was all that was keeping him from not already being six feet under.

Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath and exhaled slowly through his nose. Then he opened his eyes with an impassive expression and flourished a hand. "What would you have me do, then? Put my arm in his mouth as well?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
"When have I ever given you reason to think that?" Faleen asked with a frown "In what scenario does your mind form that something like that would be necessary." She stopped herself and held a hand up

"Will you just for a second not argue with me over this, and for once just try and understand what our position is here."
She stepped to the side and made a gesture toward Sharpedo. "Please do, actually." She looked to Sharpedo "Open your mouth again." She ordered him, so witch he obeyed, allowing her to look back at Izaya pointedly. "Put whatever limb you choose into his mouth."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff