[PRP] Cell Phone Shenanigans Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:47 pm
equielfmage

About five minutes before two, Kadota ambled into Camphoreon Central Park. It was a pleasant afternoon, considering it was still mid-winter — chilly, but no snow or rain in sight. He tucked his hands into the pockets of his sweatshirt and sat down on the edge of the fountain, just out of the spray.

He scanned the area, since he was waiting for a mystery person, and was wondering if he could identify this "ContestIdolSakura" on sight. The username certainly seemd to match a particular kind of person.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:09 pm
Kadota-banchou

Faster then his mistress Moshi ambled about the park ahead of her continuing on when a pair of small human girls stopped her with questions. They weren't far from the fountain and he was able to see a male human with a small cherry blossom cellphone charm hanging out of his pocket.

With a brief glance at his mistress. The Sawsbuck ambled around the side of the fountain pausing just out of reach. He looked to the charm that had the faint scent of his mistress, looked at the human, and snorted lightly. His face clearly saying 'You don't do pink flower cellphone charms'.

equielfmage

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:21 pm
equielfmage

Kadota had not particularly expected to be met by a Sawsbuck in the middle of Camphoreon — let alone one who obviously seemed to be looking for him. He followed the Pokémon's gaze down to his left cargo pocket, then chuckled as if he knew exactly what the Sawsbuck was thinking.

He pulled the phone out, and turned it over in his hands. Bright pink, with a flower-decorated case and the aforementioned cherry blossom charm. "Yeah, not me at all, is it? Belongs to a friend of yours?" After all, it wasn't like the Pokémon had thumbs and could use it himself. Though Kadota had heard a horror story once about a Haunter and a cell phone bill ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:25 pm
Kadota-banchou

Kadota had not particularly expected to be met by a Sawsbuck in the middle of Camphoreon — let alone one who obviously seemed to be looking for him. He followed the Pokémon's gaze down to his left cargo pocket, then chuckled as if he knew exactly what the Sawsbuck was thinking.

He pulled the phone out, and turned it over in his hands. Bright pink, with a flower-decorated case and the aforementioned cherry blossom charm. "Yeah, not me at all, is it? Belongs to a friend of yours?" After all, it wasn't like the Pokémon had thumbs and could use it himself. Though Kadota had heard a horror story once about a Haunter and a cell phone bill ...

"Moshi~ you better not be bothering someone." Sakura floated over to her Sawsbuck and a gentleman in green. Noticing the cellphone she smiled. "Are you MONTA?" A light tap on the side and Moshi ambled off to a near by grassy patch he thought might be tasty keeping one eye on his human.  

equielfmage

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:47 pm
equielfmage
"Moshi~ you better not be bothering someone." Sakura floated over to her Sawsbuck and a gentleman in green. Noticing the cellphone she smiled. "Are you MONTA?" A light tap on the side and Moshi ambled off to a near by grassy patch he thought might be tasty keeping one eye on his human.

"That's me. And he wasn't bothering me. We were having a pleasant conversation." More or less, anyway. Kadota offered her a smile of his own, and a handshake. "Kyohei Kadota. And you must be Sakura, right?" He wasn't the kind to use her full screen name — way too cutesy. Speaking of screen names, if Sakura thought it over later, she might realize that the kanji for Kadota and MONTA were identical, simply a different reading.

He held up the cell phone. "This is yours? Looks like it matches, and your friend seemed pretty insistent that it didn't belong to me."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:12 pm
Kadota-banchou
"That's me. And he wasn't bothering me. We were having a pleasant conversation." More or less, anyway. Kadota offered her a smile of his own, and a handshake. "Kyohei Kadota. And you must be Sakura, right?" He wasn't the kind to use her full screen name — way too cutesy. Speaking of screen names, if Sakura thought it over later, she might realize that the kanji for Kadota and MONTA were identical, simply a different reading.

He held up the cell phone. "This is yours? Looks like it matches, and your friend seemed pretty insistent that it didn't belong to me."

Sakura shook the offered hand firmly. Kyohei Kadota... where had she heard that name before? "Sakura Altus."

"It is, and most my stuff matches. It's easy to do with a name like mine." She turned towards the Sawsbuck who had found a patch of weeds to munch on. "Moshi is pretty smart but some times he can seem overbearing...

You. You're the guy who built the new Pokemon Center."

equielfmage

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:35 pm
equielfmage

Sakura shook the offered hand firmly. Kyohei Kadota... where had she heard that name before? "Sakura Altus."

"It is, and most my stuff matches. It's easy to do with a name like mine." She turned towards the Sawsbuck who had found a patch of weeds to munch on. "Moshi is pretty smart but some times he can seem overbearing...

You. You're the guy who built the new Pokemon Center."

The tall man laughed, waving off Moshi's behavior as he handed over her phone. "Overbearing? Nah. You think he's bad, you should meet Rex." Not that he seemed to mind his own Pokémon's attitude — in fact, he seemed more entertained by it than anything else.

He blinked as she pointed a finger at him. "Uh, well, not exactly. It wasn't my design or anything. I got made foreman after the first one quit. Said he didn't like working underground, thought the place was creepy." He looked her over quizzically. "How'd you know?" It wasn't like most people took notice of that kind of thing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:47 pm
Kadota-banchou
The tall man laughed, waving off Moshi's behavior as he handed over her phone. "Overbearing? Nah. You think he's bad, you should meet Rex." Not that he seemed to mind his own Pokémon's attitude — in fact, he seemed more entertained by it than anything else.

He blinked as she pointed a finger at him. "Uh, well, not exactly. It wasn't my design or anything. I got made foreman after the first one quit. Said he didn't like working underground, thought the place was creepy." He looked her over quizzically. "How'd you know?" It wasn't like most people took notice of that kind of thing.

"My dad gave me your name after I showed him these." She pulled out a set of blueprints. "It's a Contest Hall, one of the small ones I've seen on the mainland. They're a lot like a theater. We're in home construction so Dad said I should talk to you about commercial projects."  

equielfmage

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:57 pm
equielfmage

"My dad gave me your name after I showed him these." She pulled out a set of blueprints. "It's a Contest Hall, one of the small ones I've seen on the mainland. They're a lot like a theater. We're in home construction so Dad said I should talk to you about commercial projects."

(( You said make up his name. You cannot blame me now. wink ))

A flash of recognition crossed Kadota's face. "Oh, you're Delsus' kid. I haven't seen you in about five years. Where've you been all this time?" Sakura had grown up quite a bit since then. No wonder he hadn't recognized her immediately.

Even as he asked the question, he took the set of blueprints and started looking them over. "You were just carrying these in your pocket?" He had a moment of being strongly reminded of a couple of his closest buddies, who'd whip out a manga or a light novel at the drop of a hat. "Hmmmmm." He eased slowly back down onto the lip of the fountain, making thoughtful noises as he paged through the papers, and occasionally making a face when he ran across something he didn't think quite worked. Those could wait for later, though. "Did you have a site in mind already?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:09 pm
Kadota-banchou

(( You said make up his name. You cannot blame me now. wink ))

A flash of recognition crossed Kadota's face. "Oh, you're Delsus' kid. I haven't seen you in about five years. Where've you been all this time?" Sakura had grown up quite a bit since then. No wonder he hadn't recognized her immediately.

Even as he asked the question, he took the set of blueprints and started looking them over. "You were just carrying these in your pocket?" He had a moment of being strongly reminded of a couple of his closest buddies, who'd whip out a manga or a light novel at the drop of a hat. "Hmmmmm." He eased slowly back down onto the lip of the fountain, making thoughtful noises as he paged through the papers, and occasionally making a face when he ran across something he didn't think quite worked. Those could wait for later, though. "Did you have a site in mind already?"

((I so to blame you *epic squee*))

"I was thinking either this spot between Makko, Sagestone, and Sandalwood or in Ambergris to help restore the area - it also has old buildings that can be re-purposed." She pulled out more drafting supplies, plopped down next to him, and began to sketch as she talked. "If that was the case you would probably want it to blend in anyway... Make the dome a hexagon or octagon instead."  

equielfmage

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:18 pm
equielfmage
((I so to blame you *epic squee*))

"I was thinking either this spot between Makko, Sagestone, and Sandalwood or in Ambergris to help restore the area - it also has old buildings that can be re-purposed." She pulled out more drafting supplies, plopped down next to him, and began to sketch as she talked. "If that was the case you would probably want it to blend in anyway... Make the dome a hexagon or octagon instead."

(( You're still squeeing over that? I guess I scored big! ))

"Ambergris would probably be cheaper in terms of the land buy, and yeah, you could retrofit. But it'd definitely be harder to attract an audience to. What's your budget look like? .... Let me have that." Kadota reached over to her pouch of drafting materials and swiped a mechanical pencil.

"Exterior's easy to fix once you have the interior settled. I wouldn't worry about that yet. This section here has a bad traffic flow," he pointed out, indicating a narrow band between the entry doors and the petite café tucked into the outer wall of the auditorium. "You'll get people stacking up here during the intermission between contests, and before they start. You want to set the cafe off to the side, over here, away from the entry doors and the doors to the auditorium." His own sketches were swift and decisive, duplicating the feature on the far side of the foyer.

"Also, you've only got one restroom. You should have at least two out front. Maybe one backstage too." He paged quickly through the rest of the blueprint, looking at the plumbing layout, then went back to the first page. "I'd say put the second one here," he circled a spot, added a rough doodle of a handful of stalls, and flipped back to the plumbing page, a thoughtful frown creasing his face. "You're not planning to set up a special arena for Water-types? I don't see any plumbing for that."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:16 pm
Kadota-banchou

Sakura sat down and scooted over so she could see the modifications better around Kadota's shoulder nodding here and there as he made adjustments.

"In a contest a Pokemon preforms their moves with their trainer to impress judges you could say it's a Pokemon talent show, so there's no need for an extra for water types. Sometimes the challenge is working with the stage you have. One of the stages was roughly the same size as this fountain even."

"As for budget, keeping it lower would be nice but I don't want to go all the way into cheap. As long as it's practical there will be sponsors to pay for it. And it can bring good publicity to the island since we kinda need it people will support that too."

equielfmage

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:46 pm
equielfmage

Well, this was a pretty good-sized fountain — it was a good twenty-five feet across. But Kadota got what she meant. "Sure, makes sense." His expression grew troubled as she mentioned the good publicity.

"That's the other thing I'm not seeing here." He paged back through the design. "Security. Kodo's publicity is lousy for a reason. What are you planning to do to keep the Rockets from invading during one of your contests? They've been pretty quiet lately, but that doesn't mean it'll last."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:30 pm
Kadota-banchou

"A Pokemon contest doesn't really need heavy security. You could even have it open air... actually that would be cute." She began a new design as she talked.

"You have an audience watching and the judges panel is based off of how appealing a Pokemon is and how well they work with their trainer to appeal to the category they are competing in. Crowd appeal is also important. You lose points if there's lots of booing and can earn extra points if the crowd really likes you.
"The Pokemon aren't always that strong or rear which is what the Rockets target the most. On top of all that you have to take the Pokemon's temperament and feelings into consideration. A Pokemon that doesn't want to work with its trainer wont preform well in a contest. And some Pokemon just don't preform. Take Moshi for example."
The Sawsbuck looked up at the sound of his name then ambled over to snack closer to his mistress. "We work really well together and his size make him impressive but he's not super tough, or cool, or smart, or cute, or beautiful, or anything and he could care less about showing off."

"What do you think of this." she passed over the new design.

equielfmage

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:36 pm
equielfmage

"Yeah, I get that." Contests weren't Kadota's thing, but that didn't mean he hadn't been collared into watching them with a couple of his friends on occasion. "High-performance types might still be targeted though — not for their abilities but because they're valuable to their trainers. It's not like the Rockets won't sometimes ransom them."

He took the sketch and looked it over, then picked up a pencil and began to add lines. "Loft that cafe area over the entryway. You save space on the ground, it adds room for concessions, and these become high-priced seats. Yeah?"

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff