Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]
A Land Of Eternal Winter

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rykner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:48 pm
User Image

Irrisen is a land dominated by the cold. It sits at the northern most limits of Avistan and borders on the edge of the Crown of the World with its glacial sheets forming Irrisen's northern border. Its northern location is not the only reason for its cold climate. Ever since being conquered by Baba Yaga Irrisen has been locked in an eternal winter. This harsh eternal winter gives Irrisen a palpable sense of dread. The second biggest feature of Irrisen is Glacier Lake which takes up a large area within Irrisen's interior. Two of Irrisen's three largest settlements are built either on its shore or on one of the rivers connected to it. Irrisen's capital Whitethrone sits on its north eastern shore
as seen above.

The history of Irrisen as a nation begins in 3313 AR - before this, the lands that now make up Irrisen belonged to the Lands of the Linnorm Kings. The winter of 3313 AR was particularly cold and harsh, even by the standards of the north. The first warning the men of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings received of Baba Yaga's fell intent was when her armies of cold fey and blue skinned ice trolls marched down from the Crown of the World. Led by Baba Yaga herself, the queen of witches was all but unstoppable, killing any who resisted her and enslaving the rest. It took her less than a month to claim the lands that she wanted, that would become Irrisen. Strangely enough, almost as soon as she had conquered Irrisen, Baba Yaga seemed to lose interest in it. Instead she installed one of her daughters as the reigning monarch. Shortly afterwards, Baba Yaga returned to her life roaming the myriad planes as her whims desired. After a hundred years, she returned and placed a new daughter in charge of Irrisen. This pattern has repeated itself every century with Baba Yaga returning to place a new daughter on the throne and take the previous monarch with her to travel the planes.

User Image

Irrisen is, in some ways, run by quite a conventional monarchy. There is only one ruler whose word is absolute and whose power is unassailable. However, unlike almost every other monarchy on Golarion, Irrisen is not a hereditary monarchy. Instead, the monarch is chosen by the witch Baba Yaga who originally founded Irrisen over a thousand years ago. Every century, she returns from her endless wanderings amongst the planes to place a new daughter in charge of Irrisen; the old daughter leaves with Baba Yaga to view the infinite wonders of the multi-verse by her side. Baba Yaga also takes all of her daughter's children (Baba Yaga's grandchildren) with her; this means that every hundred years. there is a complete change of leadership and aristocracy of Irrisen. The grand children of the queen (the great grand children of Baba Yaga) are left behind and are one of the lasting legacies of any previous queen of Irrisen.

Irrisen does not have particularly good relationships with any of its neighbours. Its least hostile relationship is probably with Varisia. as it is separated by the near impassible Kodar Mountains. so they have very little interaction. Irrisen is currently in an uneasy truce with the Realm of the Mammoth Lords, though the reign of the current queen is coming to an end and some wonder how long this truce will last. Many have pointed to a build up of Irrisen's troops paroling its eastern border as proof that this truce will not last much longer. To the west, the Lands of the Linnorm Kings are even more hostile towards Irrisen. The proud Ulfen that inhabit the Land of the Linnorm Kings have not forgotten how Irrisen was once a part of their lands and how the treacherous crone Baba Yaga stole the land from them, even if that was over a thousand years ago. Along this turbulent border, the white witches have erected huts much like Baba Yaga's Dancing Hut to ward of trespassers. These huts each contain only a single porcelain doll in the image of a crone. Each of these dolls contain the corrupted soul of a stolen child, at night these dolls come alive and hunt any foolish enough to invade Irrisen.

User Image

What I am hoping to do with this RP is build a interesting story of people who live in this land and what struggles and dreams they might Hold the kinds of people that live here range wildly from random adventurers looking to keep the borders peaceful, Others still are the long detached Ulfen ancestor's which are for lack of a better explanation The Vikings of Avistan who are now forced to live in this land under heel of the Jadigwa which are the descendants of Baba Yaga in name of the first Queen of Irrisen Jadigwa.

Up above is Elvanna current Queen of Irrisen who is on her last Year of rulership over Irrisen Rumors are that she wishes to see her Mother Killed when she returns as to avoid having to surrender her Throne and she is keeping her scouts vigilant across the nation looking for people who may have the might she seeks to help her protect her Throne.

I am going to Design a character for myself to kind of show what I am wanting I am not very Picky with character designs as long as you handle your post in the form of you only perform actions examples being like.

(Julius leaps forward towards his intended enemies and swings his sword aiming for the neck)
This is a correct action as it leaves fate of his decision open for me as the Game Master to Respond whether or not it connects so as to keep the story going smoothly.

(Julius leaps forward towards his intended enemies and swings his sword removing their heads from their bodies)
this is an example of poor RP and in many communities this is also known as god modding which should only be in the story tellers hands.

Some things my players should know about me is that I have been a D&D as well as Pathfinder DM for the last five years of my life I love it and so do my players in fact this very RP is using an entire Nation from the Pathfinder Inner Sea region that is very interesting to me and I would like to do something with it that would be better suited to this Forum I have been away from forums for a long time.

So please have a look around if you wanna post even just to chit chat with me please by all means if you wanna join feel free to submit a character sheet I will look over all of them if you do not need an example template to use then submit one of your own design that is fine.

I may be awhile before I put mine up cause honestly it has been a long long time since I have ever actually played a character of mine and I usually design a character to supplement my other players,

So to all who decide to join let us have a bunch of fun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:50 pm
User Image

Name: Joren Broken Axe
Fighting Style: Two-Handed Axe Wielding Barbarian
Height: 6.0
Weight: 260lbs

Strength:18
Dexterity:16
Constitution:16
Intelligence:12
Wisdom:14
Charisma:14

Languages: Common,Hallit,Skald
Home: Kalsgard of the Linnorm Kingdoms
Goal: Liberate his people and return to the Linnorm Kingdoms with them.

Bio: Joren earned his title of broken axe during his attempt to claim fame for himself as a Linnorm king by felling such a beast in combat however due to the creatures formidable nature and near impenetrable hide his axe chipped the beast took advantage and saw the fight ended.

he has no reason to understand the nature of the beast that left him dying in the tundra but he still seeks greater might to one day return and make such an attempt again.

here in irrisen he has begun the enlistment of like minded Ulfen such as himself who wish to see Irrisen restored to the proper control his people. His actions have garnished him a reputation by the local militant forces that are trying to keep order. the only reason he has not been put in irons is because as of yet little to no local Ulfen dare join him in his dangerous behavior due to the reprecussions that would surely follow.  

Rykner

Rykner rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Rykner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:51 pm
Okay so up above I have posted a character sheet I will now try and explain some pieces of the format and how to find your particular stats should you choose to use it.

Strength:18
Dexterity:16
Constitution:16
Intelligence:12
Wisdom:14
Charisma:14

These up above are your stats each explains themselves if you need a better understanding of any particular stat please feel free to ask.

anyway your number for the base of each stat is 10 I used thirty additional points spread to my liking to come up with the totals for each I took 30-8=22 and added the 8 to strength so my stat for strength would be 18 and repeated until I spent all 30 of my total points.

now next up we will be following the languages for these I chose common,hallit,Skald
now these are just more or less vanity choices for me they do not really matter cause in this particular campaign all Humanoid creatures living in irrisen will be capable of speaking Common however so you know I will explain the other languages and what they are tied too.

Skald is the language of the Ulfen people remember the vikings from the campaign background up above and it is seldom used within earshot of the jadigwa or government officials because it is seen as illegal or a claim of freedom of expression.

hallit is similar except it is more aligned with just northern Humans in general particularly the remnants of the kellid Empire that have declined away into history.(consider this not unlike latin in our world)

I did not plan on actually using height and weight but once again it gives people a general idea and is just kind of nice for people but ultimately I have decided against it holding any effect in a combat situation's, however if the opportunity arises weight does always offer some interesting possibilities.

Now since I have access to everyone else's characters on this page I will be handling rolling for those that need help with it otherwise I will be happy to explain rolls in this roleplay.

I was tinkering with the Roll Dice function on the side and was very happy with it and what it did so whenever you try any sort of interaction with any object or person of any kind such as inspecting something or trying to attack something with a weapon I want you to Roll Dice 20 sided and # of dice will be 1

based on what you get I can explain what will happen next in the story.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:22 pm
Isn't it kind of.. complicated..?  

Gameraddict626

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:28 pm
There are many different types of rp's. Some prefer this type.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:27 pm
Okay this definitely reminded me of a novel I plan on working on (Frostamaer's Quest), I love the idea of it! Profile skellys? DnD inspired? If so, this definitely catches my attention!  

Ame-Koi27

Beloved Autobiographer

10,490 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Autobiographer 200

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:26 am
Rykner

Are we going to play this D&D/pathfinder-styled? If so, I'll be very interested in making a magi, perhaps a Wizard or a Sorcerer, depending on my alignment. I would be absolutely grateful if you'll allow me the use of Frostburn (D&D3.5 supplement book) in conjunction with pathfinder and D&D (class and advantages from pathfinder, spells from the said supplement book).

If we can agree on that, I'll drum up my character as early as possible. Though you guys might have to wait on me since it's currently midnight at my place (Singapore, South-East Asia time).  
~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games