Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:28 pm
Movie and game times with her neighbour, partner, and friend, were something Tambrey, and her pokémon (the ones allowed out in the room anyway) looked forward too.

It was nice to be off duty, in good company, doing something fun; as important as training was, and as enjoyable it had become, it was also just nice to unwind, with snacks, a film, or a session of mashing buttons.

A bowl of dry snacks was set out; pretzels, little crackers, and mixed nuts, all mixed in together, next to a couple of bottles of water and an apple-flavoured soda, along with mugs (it was weird, perhaps, but she liked them better than a glass), and the fruit bowl, which was the only constant on the table between two beanbags.
Ahead of all this, the TV-unit, unremarkable, and nothing fancier than a small flat screen sat with a console hooked up.

Linnaeus and Pahket were both out, playing rough and tumble, while Palu supervised them from a corner of the room in which she had her own beanbag. Jubilee, currently happily charged after a day in her 'hamster cage' in the labs, clung to Tambrey's shoulder as she bustled about giving the place a quick tidy up, being followed around by Tarana, who was doing his best to help without really succeeding.
For Franklin, the Jirachi, this was the first time she'd experienced all this, and the little psychic type, while she didn't really understand the point exactly, was rather excited all the same. She /was/ a little more helpful at tidying than Tarana, but not by much as she kept becoming distracted by the snacks on the table.
'Why are the fish shapes not fish flavoured?' was the current question occupying her mind.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:35 pm
On the other side of the bathroom door, just about to knock, Aulus heard the psychic question. "It's a metaphor for the ultimately baffling nature of the universe," he replied, voice a little raised to carry through the door.

Despite a rather tedious day with a group of trainees Aulus found himself in a pretty good mood; it was movie/game/snack night and as it was Tam's turn to host he hadn't even had to make time to set out aforementioned snacks and sort out those piles of papers that had been strewn over his floor for the last week. Accompanying him this evening were Tortie, Paul, and Rose. Paul was on his shoulder like usual while the larger two pokemon lingered behind him waiting for the door to be opened. Rose was doing stretches, because there was never a bad time for stretches.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:16 pm
Tambrey might have answered, or tried to, though she honestly didn't know, and, in fact, was rather glad the fish-shaped ones /did not/ taste like fish...
Then Aulus' voice came from the door, and she smirked, and nodded to Franklin.
"Precisely that."

'Oh.' The little psychic floated for a moment, considering the answer, while Tambrey moved to answer the door, and seemed to reach a decision. 'That makes sense. Hello Aulus. Hello Rose. Hello Paul. Hello Tortie. Why are you moving like that Rose?'

Tambrey had opened the door and stood aside to let them in, the smirk still playing on her face. Staying in, off duty, granted the freedom of being out of uniform, and not going outside granted freedom for comfort over utility, thus long black shorts and a, mostly blue, T-Shirt, depicting an all-pokémon Justice League line-up, made up her wardrobe today.

"Come in, hello. We've got snacks! As Franklin, uh, probably already gave away... She's chatty today. I think she's excited..."

The Growlithe and the Eevee, on hearing, and seeing, the visitors perked up, tails wagging and, with Linnaeus lurking just a little behind Pahket, bounded over to greet them.
Jubilee 'fzz'd' happily, while Tarana waved, and Palu chirped but otherwise made no effort to leave her beanbag.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:34 am
Paul explained, waggling his forelegs with a cheerful chitter.

Rose gave a soft chuckle and an affable nod as he entered the room after Aulus and Tortie, the dark type having pointedly shouldered in front of him.

"Hey Franklin, Tam, and... well, everyone else." There were a lot of pokemon to greet individually, he trusted them not to get too insulted that he hadn't done so. "Excited though?" Aulus reached down to scratch Tortie's mane and then crouched to greet Tam's smaller pokemon. "About anything in particular? I'm excited about snacks."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:27 pm
'Stretches to keep him supple.' Franklin repeated, looking at the fighting type curiously, and then attempting to mimic the movements he had been doing, her head tilted curiously.

"Well, snacks are pretty exciting; I think Franklin's more excited about the TV though. She's not gotten to see a lot of it yet. We've been pretty busy." Tambrey grinned a little. "Of course, I also think she's just excited that you're all coming in the room. We had quite a talk earlier."

'We are going to watch motion occurring on the screen that will form an interactive narrative, or/and an emotional storyline!' The Jirachi paused in her attempts at stretching to explain what she'd learned that day about the events that were about to occur. 'Also we are permitted to indulge in snacks that have little to no value to our nutrition whatsoever!' She added, after taking note that that's what Aulus had said he was excited about. She had to prove she understood, of course.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:43 pm
"Don't forget the unnecessary artificial flavorings, MSG, and multiple preservatives," Aulus continued to the little legendary, reaching out to give her an affectionate 'boop!' on her brow with his forefinger. "And from what I've heard of this game it'll be emotional alright, scare the everloving crap out of us probably." These days he tended not to go in for horror in his entertainment - they got enough of it in real life - but he'd heard good things about the five nights series, and it had the distinct advantage of being playable with just the one hand.

Paul supplied as an afterthought,

Tortie snorted and padded over to Tam's bed, which she hopped up onto and lay down.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:53 pm
'I was not aware of those. I will make a note of these enjoyable things!' Franklin promised, pleased with more knowledge, but going slightly cross eyed as she tried to watch the approaching finger when Aulus 'booped' her.
She didn't entirely understand the gesture, and tried to repeat it on herself afterward.

"Oh? As bad as, uh, Amnesia?" That prompted an irritated chirp from Palu- the bird hadn't liked that game.
"Yeah... We didn't have a great time with that one, did we?" Tambrey winced sympathetically at the bird.

'Your limbs are not driven by muscles. They are a hydraulic system.' Franklin agreed with Paul; she'd often ask questions about pokémon she'd see data or experiments with in the labs, and was getting a good grasp of different biology.
Tortie's comment got a head tilt, and the little legendary raced over to float in front of her, just off of the bed. She shook her head.
'Diabetes is a medical condition and it is impossible that an Absol might contract it from a Spinarak, if at all. I do not believe that Paul will give you diabetes.' She was trying to be reassuring.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:00 pm
Tortie growled, Why did she even come on these things? Aulus wandered over to scratch her mane, and she grudgingly remembered.

"Yes and no," Aulus said with a lopsided grin, perching on the edge of Tam's bed to keep making a fuss of Tortie. "The game itself is mainly jump scares I think? But the lore is seriously terrifying when you figure it out."

Paul asked, blinking and tilting his head to the side.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:28 pm
The Jirachi bobbed in the air, staring at Tortie with an uncomprehending look.
<< I do not think you truly wish to be shot, and I do not have a wish to engage in that activity with you. If you are in heat, however, I am sure there are willing males within your egg group.>> She appeared to be entirely serious in offering such 'advice'.

Her attention was drawn to Paul again and the little legendary beamed with a chance to show off her knowledge.
<< It means that your limbs are driven by the movement of fluids and pressure rather than the actions of muscles.>>

"Aha. Now that sounds interesting... I'll make sure I don't have a drink in my hand while we're playing... I know it's about robots shaped like... uh... toys?" She shuddered a tiny bit. "Kind of reminds me of someone's design habits. I don't suppose this game lets us shoot the robots does it?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:43 pm
Tortie gave the legendary a withering look but because her trainer was here she didn't actually show her teeth in contempt.

said Paul with a nervous glance at the agitated Tortie.

"Nope," Aulus replied with apparent satisfaction. "All you've got are security cameras, lights, and door controls. Oh and you have limited power, just to make things fun!"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:24 pm
<> Franklin was helpful! She could sort out language! Paul's apparent appreciation for learning new things was noted next, with wide eyed enthusiasm.
<>

"... Oh. Well, this should be easy then," Tambrey quipped with an apprehensive smile. "Sounds like one of our missions, almost."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:06 pm
<so tired now.>> With sarcasm dripping from every word Tortie hopped off the bed and padded over to the bathroom door, which she let herself through before shoving it shut behind her.

Paul gave a slightly nervous chitter and snuggled against Aulus' neck. <>

Rose sighed slightly and shook his head, taking the spot Tortie had vacated on Tam's bed and folding his legs into a comfortable lotus position.

Aulus looked over at the now closed door, at the remaining pokemon, and then at Tam. "Wow, I think Tortie is learning some tact and restraint. Only took her a couple of years longer than it did me." He'd find out what had happened later, but he suspected it was just Tortie losing her patience with Franklin's... Franklinness. "I don't think there are any vents in this version if that makes you feel any better," he added to Tam with a wry smile.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:22 pm
<> Franklin called with a genuine smile. She liked talking to anyone and everyone, though she didn't entirely understand the art of conversation.
<>

"I'll shove some leftovers in a bowl for her?" Tambrey blinked, as Tortie left. "Were you bothering her, Franklin?"

<>

"Uh... Okay..." Well, what could you say to that, really?
She nodded.
"No vents is good. Though if there's a Potato in this, that'd be even better." She, at least, liked that they'd come away with that bird, and, of course, valuable genetic material, on the particular referenced mission.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:33 pm
<> Paul shuffled his forelegs, he knew that wasn't really what Tortie had meant but he didn't see how going into that would help anyone. <>

Aulus raised his eyebrows. "Oh, was she threatening castration? She usually is if she's taking about male genitalia.... Who was she threatening? Or was it more abstract?" Turning to Tam, Aulus gave a shrug. "You can if you like but don't worry about it if we eat it all. It's not like she needs junk food." Nor did he come to that but a little didn't hurt, and was delicious. "Shall I boot up then?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:44 pm
<> The little legendary bobbed up and down happily as she assimilated yet another piece of knowledge.

She floated over to Aulus and bobbed close to him.
<>

"Well, I wouldn't want her to miss out if the rest of us are having some. I'll probably put a little aside for Lasi as well." Tambrey smiled and shrugged back, before gesturing toward the screen. "Oh, please! Uh... Oh. Dip! I'll just get some dip, a moment..."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff