Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support
Military Advice Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:28 pm
As I sent in the announcement, I am leaving for service in the U.S. Air Force as a Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice. What type of advice would you give me?  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:44 pm
I come from a long line of Marines, so I don't know much about the air force. All I know is that you have your brothers with and you should rely on them to help you when you need it. Keep your head up, and thank you for your service.  

The Saint Louis

Business Bear

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:56 pm
The Saint Louis
I come from a long line of Marines, so I don't know much about the air force. All I know is that you have your brothers with and you should rely on them to help you when you need it. Keep your head up, and thank you for your service.

Marines? Wow that's some hardcore lineage right there. Much respect to all of your lineage and much thanks for the heroes they are. I, myself, come from a lineage of Airmen and yeah both branches work very differently and so does the Army. I was aiming to be a future SERE Airman, but I'm a very bad swimmer. I've always kept my head up around men and women of service. They're truly inspiring! And now... as you said, they're my brothers.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:00 pm
I just want to say thank you for your service, as someone who cannot serve.
As for advice, I'll give you two pieces of it from my mom:
Just let it go.
and
Just smile and nod, because opening your mouth will bring you no help.  

reni_goldenstar

Brainy Lunatic

warehouser

Sparkly Shapeshifter

19,375 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:02 pm
XSK Ambrosia
As I sent in the announcement, I am leaving for service in the U.S. Air Force as a Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice. What type of advice would you give me?

Collect mailing addresses (and email adresses) before you leave. I have often wanted to send letters to friends in the service but, they never sent me the proper way to get in touch with them. Once you know how the mail should be addressed to reach you send that info to everyone of your friends and family. Physical letters won't require usage of shared computers to respond or read. People you know would love to write if you make it possible.

Best wishes  
Revenant-Verse generated a random number between and ... !
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:07 pm
Pictures are nice mate, make sure you take lots of good ones, maybe of a piece of booty wink if possible. Work hard and train hard, but also eat good meals or pack you something nice before you go. Good luck, maybe I'll consider joining you someday.  

Revenant-Verse

Questionable Noob

14,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kinky Walrus

Ruthless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:11 pm
Lol, the military is gonna blow loads. You're gonna spend a lot of time sitting around, waiting. While waiting, they're gonna expect you to be a good little soldier/marine/airman/sailor. You're not gonna get any respect until you reach NCO and even then, your voice doesn't really matter. Also, being a Marine I will let you in on a something something. Please don't act like you're hardcore. We're in a time of peace. I'm in Iraq and the only thing we do is get shot at with rockets that come no where near us. Been here for two months and no one's shot a single round. Going out in town saying you're whatever you are is embarrassing and someone will take a picture or video tape you and put you up on social media pages that make fun of you. Just act like a normal human being, begin training your patience and just let s**t go, and you'll do fine.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:14 pm
Advice on gaia pause:
I left here for like 6 years and came back. All of your inventory stays intact, but your gold evaporates after too many years and your acheivements dissapear and you house will be emptied (but all items remain in inventory). So keep your items but, get rid of your gold because I don't know exactly how long it is before they consider smile a person inactive. But, your account will stay intact for you for many years. smile  

warehouser

Sparkly Shapeshifter

19,375 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Raven Wind KuroNeko-Chan

Dangerous Wildcat

45,900 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:22 pm
XSK Ambrosia

Well Meow... really depends on the region you are going to... Advice fur Aircraft Apprenticeship, try a lot of high altitude activities so when you first go up you don't get the Air Sickness. Air Force flying is a lot different from flying in a commercial vehicle. Be physically ready to be rolled and jolted around. Air Force Practice fur the Tactical Team can be gruesome on your tummy. Some would recommend eating befur you go in something tha will settle your tummy, some are against eating befur you go because of experience with twirly rides and sickness; especially as the Air Force doesn't take too kindly to Apprentices retching in their Aircrafts.
Also in Chance of Kittens, you should be Fluffy. Raven is not much fur Wars but the less humans the better. In any Military Form, they have crafting rebases. They will teach you everything all over again, even how you go to the bathroom and eat. It is harsh meow. Lots of humans get cut befur becoming Full Fledged Meowers. Talk loud when you are asked by a Superior because even if there is no punishment fur making them ask you twice, it says something about you. Be assertive and be ready to drop any and all pride you have. First few weeks will be pretty boring by the way. Filing out paperwork and Learning discipline by doing standing around doing nothing. cat_neutral Furthermeow, hope you are single because Mates don't tend to wait around too long while you are away fighting.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:25 pm
I already posted some advice in the other site. To recap " He who conquers himself is greater than he who conquers a city" and the other one was that if you don't have a strong path to follow, people who go into the military can really get screwed up with drugs and alcohol following the popular crowd. If you have a strong moral character, or hang with those who do.... you will fare much better. I am speaking from experience. And I know its common sense, but still not easy to make good decisions. We all have God's grace for our mistakes too. Everyday we get to start over with a clean slate,  

Goldiepirate

11,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Amelina Vance

Hardcore Hoarder

29,915 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:27 pm
First off I want to say thank you for your service. I come from a family who have served our country and appreciate all that the men and women of our armed services do for us. My grandpa fought in WWII as a gunner in an airplane, he wound up getting a purple heart. Never talked much about it though. My dad and two brothers have served in the Navy. I also have a cousin who is in the Air Force.

I have to agree with what one other person said about making sure you have addresses from people. Also email address is helpful as well. That way, once you are stationed you can write back home and then get care packages from family and friends. Also I don't know if you like to read much, but maybe taking a couple books that you really like to help pass the time when and if you have down time. I hope that you'll keep safe, and again, thank you for your service.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:33 pm
As I have no experience servicing. Thank you very much in advance.

But I have experience in working with many people in team and singular environments and I'd like to tell you that this will be easy. But in reality it will not. There will be moments where you are so far from home both physically and mentally and those are the times where you will have to persevere. You will have to remind yourself that you're not alone and that every person who've you met up until now is cheering you on. Even with mistakes, even with praises, remember you're repaying every bit of kindness shown to you and is changing lives as I type. When you're with your team (If you are assigned one), remember they are your mates, (Yes even if you don't get along with some.) to them you're the best when they're around. My advice is to keep a strong structure and a steady head on your shoulders! 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

Whimsical Lust

Dapper Detective

10,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Katsura Kotonnoha

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:42 pm
Have fun being a maintainer. Can't really say I envy you. I was in the Air Force from 2009 - 2012 as supply, AFSC 2S0X1.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:42 pm
My boyfriend is active duty Air Force. I have no idea what his job is called but I do know he fixes planes. Being his girlfriend and being away from him is hard. So my advice would be to enjoy your time there but to always make some time for the people dear and close to you in your life. Thanks for serving but don't forget people in your life who more than likely miss you like crazy. 3nodding Even if it is just a call during your free time it's better than nothing.  

Pseudoyoyomi

Sparkly Demigod

14,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Flatterer 200

Mrs Explicit

Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:58 pm
To be safe, ask questions and always ask for help!
Words to live by. 3nodding  
City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces