[PRP] Rocks on a Roll (Fin) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:06 pm
It had been a pretty fruitful day all together. They'd hit up a popular training area of the plains and between them Puck, Killer, Thanatos, and Foxtrot had managed to steal five pokemon from three different trainers all without alerting suspicion. Foxtrot was really getting a lot better with her illusions now, she'd been able to keep him and herself concealed while Killer and Thanatos played out their 'oh no the Greninja is attacking the poor Sylveon', which had allowed Puck to move in and pilfer pokeballs while kind trainers intervened. Aulus actually felt a bit bad about stealing pokemon from people who obviously cared about pokemon but there was no help for it, best just not to think about it too much and he'd done his best not to as he turned them over to storage.

After he'd got back he'd trained the four he'd taken out with him along with Juno and Artemis before hitting the gym for a while, showering, and getting a quick maintenance check on his arm.

As he stepped out of the tech department Aulus opened the screen on his arm and tapped out a quick message to Tam. //Hey, what's up?// If she wasn't too busy then he'd suggest grabbing dinner, assuming she hadn't already eaten. It was probably very silly but he felt like a bit of a tit eating by himself in the cafeteria.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:35 pm
Tambrey had been working -a lot- over the last few weeks, and today wasn't much of an exception at all. Her tasks were all on base, however, and didn't involve stealing pokémon... Training, however, was something she'd given some time to; it meant that 'free time' was pretty sparse day-to-day for a while, but, as tired as she was, when people did see her, they likely saw a rather excited scientist as much as a preoccupied one.

The loss of KO still seemed to sting, of course, but there was a renewed vigor in Tambrey's demeanor; her science, her work, could only help the team, and helping the team, in which ever way, could potentially prevent another death in the future. Plus, the science she was currently involved in was of a type that she'd dreamed of once upon a time.

Perfect timing, she thought, for Aulus' message to come through when it did.
//Got some things to show you. Finishing up. Meet me outside dept.?//  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:46 pm
Ooooh? Aulus' brows rose with interest as he read the message. //Sure, won't be long, am on B6,// he replied before heading to the nearest stairwell.

As there was nobody else in the stairwell when he got in Aulus hopped up onto the handrail, took a few long strides down it and then jumped across the well to kick off the opposite wall and finally land with a neat looking roll at the bottom of the stairs. The roll had looked neat but when he stood up Aulus was rolling his right shoulder, he wasn't accustomed to the weight of that arm and it had thrown off his landing. He'd only get better with practice though, it had been too long since he'd been able to do parkour properly. It had been too long since he'd been able to do most things properly come to that.

After a brief glance up to make sure he hadn't left footprints on the wall - he hadn't - Aulus headed to the door and stepped out into the corridor.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:56 pm
There was equipment to put away, in-progress experiments needed final checks, viable living specimen who were so close to full growth needed to have a final nutrient check and status recorded... and then she could pull off her gloves to be disposed of, and deposit her lab coat into lab-laundry via the office hallways.
It hadn't taken /too/ long, but it had probably kept Aulus waiting a little while... She had hurried though, and was probably out just a little under 15 minutes after sending her reply to his message.

"Hey!" Her hair was a little unkempt after hours in the labs, but she had quite a big smile on her face, and was carrying a small black box. She also had a data pad tucked at her hip.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:09 pm
When Tam arrived Aulus was leaning against the wall tapping away at something on his arm-screen, a scowl of intense concentration on his face. "Hu? Oh hey!" he said, tapping the screen once, swiping down, and then closing the shutters before looking up. "Space invaders," he explained, closely followed by; "Oooh, what's in the box? Is this what you wanted to show me?" By the big smile on her face it was something good!

"Oh, and how are you?" Important to remember to ask that, even if you were excited by the box and mysterious message.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:26 pm
"Well... That's just incredibly cool and I kind of, um, wish my arm did that..." Tambrey replied as he explained what he'd been doing... Playing space invaders on a robotic arm... It sounded so much like something from 1980's science fiction...

"But!" She was rather pleased, and opened the lid to show him; two pokéballs, obviously just pulled from storage to contain whatever was inside them, sat nestled in a polystyrene holding frame.
"I think these might actually be cooler. Um. Basically. They're, uh, complete. No genetic errors, and the sequences are gap-free right now. We pulled from different research, but, um, well, I won't go into all the specifics. I wouldn't advise letting them out into a corridor though. They've hardly even been conscious at all yet, only for basic monitoring, check-up and pre-transfer... Which is, um, this. Transfer is me, handing to you."
She grinned wider, offering the box out.
"Oh and, I'm... really good, right now." Successes were very very nice; especially successes like these, with a personal touch.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:31 pm
As he took the box Aulus made a small noise the like of which was more usually associated with teenage girls seeing something totally adorable but pitched down a good octave; even in squee mode his vocal cords just were not made for that ear-piercing pitch. "They're ready? Really? Can we go to a training room? I want to let them out!" New pokemon! New reanimated pokemon, reanimated by Tam!

"Thank you!" Grinning like an idiot Aulus held the box in his right hand and lent in to give Tam a hug with his left arm, he was not yet confident in not crushing stuff in enthusiasm with the robot arm and broken ribs would put a bit of a damper on the event he felt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:01 pm
"You're welcome!" Tambrey grinned, leaning into the hug; well, good- she didn't ever doubt Aulus was a good home for pokémon, but it always made her feel even better to see enthusiasm about them.
These particular pokémon had instincts from 100 million, and 300 million years ago, after all; sure their species had been brought back before, over and over, by various different research projects and scientists, but these were /brand new/ native to Kodo, or whatever Kodo had once been... They were almost entirely unpredictable for that reason alone, never mind that they were individuals too, of course.
"And, um. Yes. They're ready. They're in those, in that box. We absolutely should go to a training room. In fact, I'd hoping you'd, um, want to do just that."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:13 pm
"Let's go then, I can't wait to meet them!" Still grinning Aulus headed back into the stairwell and hopped onto the banister again, despite a tiring day he suddenly felt full to the brim of energy and perfectly ready to run and flip his way up to B4.... Ah. "You alright with the stairs?" he asked, turning on the rail to look at Tam as he belatedly remembered that she might still be sore.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:32 pm
She couldn't help but laugh at the display of energy... Like an excited kid.

Tambrey gestured somewhat dismissively to the question, with a grin, but a sort of tired one.
"Scratches. Deep ones but scratches. Didn't impair my mobility much, for once. Um, basically sure, I can do stairs, and in fact I should. They're good for me at this point. If I get too tired, I'll, um, grab a lift though."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:13 pm
It did make a change for Tam to come back from a mission and not be horribly injured; Aulus smiled and nodded - "Good" - starting up the handrail with quick steps. "How's your own one coming along?" he asked with a glance down at Tambery as he stepped up onto the flat stretch of rail half way between floors. "The sample for that wasn't quite as good right? Oh! And I had a question. Will there be a difference between these ones you revive from fossils and future ones you make the usual labs way?" It had occurred to him half way through his circuit training and then slipped his mind again until now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:34 pm
She was slightly slower, but not for lack of enthusiasm, in ascending the stairs; her grin stayed with her, and only increased a little in quirk when Aulus asked how the sample he'd brought back for her was coming along.
"Um. It wasn't so much that it wasn't as good," she explained "but that there was less information present. Um, less actual genetic material I could use... bu-ut..." She unclipped her pad and tapped on it a couple of times "you can, um, see for yourself how she's coming along."
Apparently it had gender already, at least, and on the pad that Tambrey was offering out for Aulus to see was the shape of a young Cranidos, suspended in a growth tank. It was pretty clearly not quite the usual colour, being paler and white and pale grey rather than grey and blue, but aside from that the little dinosaur looked healthy, if small.
"Oh, and, um. Good question, but honestly, we'll be using the base sequences we reconstructed from the samples to create new ones. Um. So, physiologically, at a basic level, no, not hugely different though there are always variations at a genetic level no matter how careful you are. Um, usually they don't affect much at all though."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:49 pm
"Oooh." Aulus accepted the pad and started to inspect it, which turned out to be a bit of a mistake because he nearly stepped off the handrail and spent a few moments wobbling and flailing before he managed to recover his balance enough to jump to the ground. "Uh, you didn't see that," he informed Tam with an embarrassed cough.

"It's looking good- she is that is," he continued as he studied the picture. "Is that why she's not the usual colour? Not having enough information?... Well, not as much, obviously you had enough to make her!" He was glad about that. "It is kind of cool to think of though isn't it?" he added. "I mean, that ours came out of the ground after having been there millions of years! Proper Jurassic Park stuff but without the death. Well. Without the death to their creators." Death to other people was always a possibility, though hopefully to be avoided. "Maybe some suffering to the foes of their creators though," he added, just to be clear that he wasn't thinking of some kind of a rampage.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:24 pm
"I didn't see that." Tambrey replied, with a smile, somewhat from relief that Aulus hadn't fallen off and down the stairs. Not only because she was glad he hadn't hurt himself, but because she was pretty sure that would have been something he'd have gotten embarrassed about having to be treated for: 'Agent incurred injury falling down stairs'...

"Mhmm. Well, um, someone else brought in a Skull fossil, with near enough a complete genome, so, um, I borrowed and swapped between the two, but it was simply, um, easier, to fill in some of the gaps in the sample you brought back with some of the simpler sequences I was aware of. Um. I don't think I actually really had to tweak much beyond pigmentation though. I'm pretty sure, this time, that her evolutionary triggers are still intact." A problem she hadn't been able to solve with Octavia, and an issue she still couldn't work out regarding Palu.

She grinned again.
"It is very, very cool," Tambrey agreed, and nodded "but yes. Hopefully no death. I can't speak for the psychological profiles or the instincts they might possess, but, um, they -are- just pokémon, despite their origins, so we should be able to avoid a Jurassic Park scenario without much trouble."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:48 pm
While he understood what Tam was saying he also understood that he didn't understand what was actually involved. Still, he nodded. "Great! I look forward to seeing her too then.... And can you imagine a bunch of Omanyte taking on the raptor roles in the movie?" Aulus briefly hummed the theme and made wiggly tentacle gestures in front of his mouth with his free hand. "Fear the adorable tentacled shell beastie!"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff