Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
2 guys, 1 adventure (hetero?!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:33 am
I'm checking to see if the idea of 2 straight guys going on an adventure together sounds appealing to anyone. Of the 1x1's I've come across, they generally consist of a romantic pairing, so I wasn't sure if this idea would fly or if it was all that common.

The adventure could be for any time period and setting. Perhaps something along the lines of Bill and Ted's excellent adventure: 2 guys, 1 mission across time and/or space, and if they happen to get girls in the end, why not.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:34 am
I would be interested in that, though to be honest my humor would be more sunny in phili and archer rather then bill and ted?  

PepperNutts

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:30 am
PepperNutts
I would be interested in that, though to be honest my humor would be more sunny in phili and archer rather then bill and ted?

Is playing guys your favorite?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:42 am
Novama
PepperNutts

Hunh...actually i like both genders a lot- it depends on the rp. I happen to just be pickier about where i place my female characters. Cause most of my males are relaxed and go with the flow and can work with anyone- where my female characters are a bit more picky.  

PepperNutts

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:51 am
PepperNutts
Novama
PepperNutts

Hunh...actually i like both genders a lot- it depends on the rp. I happen to just be pickier about where i place my female characters. Cause most of my males are relaxed and go with the flow and can work with anyone- where my female characters are a bit more picky.

So would a character of yours be able to actively push story and steer outcomes? Or would he be more of a tag along?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:11 pm
Novama
PepperNutts
Novama
PepperNutts

So would a character of yours be able to actively push story and steer outcomes? Or would he be more of a tag along?

That would depend on whats needed. Cause if i have the OK to push- ill push. I just dont like stepping on others toes.  

PepperNutts

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:57 pm
PepperNutts
Novama
PepperNutts
Novama
PepperNutts

That would depend on whats needed. Cause if i have the OK to push- ill push. I just dont like stepping on others toes.

Generally 1x1s are driven by both folk I thought. If it's just one person leading, then not much difference from that and them writing a novel by themselves xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:18 pm
Novama
PepperNutts
Novama
PepperNutts
Novama
PepperNutts

Generally 1x1s are driven by both folk I thought. If it's just one person leading, then not much difference from that and them writing a novel by themselves xd

thats what i figured but ive been yeled at and rps have been quit on me cause they said i pushed it and i wasnt suppose to so im a little trigger shy now D:  

PepperNutts

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:28 pm
PepperNutts

thats what i figured but ive been yeled at and rps have been quit on me cause they said i pushed it and i wasnt suppose to so im a little trigger shy now D:

Maybe it's experience talking, but I feel folks like that are probably new to the game and not flexible because they aren't as quick to adapt, or they are older and stuck in their ways and always not big on adapting.

Well, if you are game, I suppose we should iron out some more details.

Any preference on time period? Should it be timeless a time traveling bit?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:50 pm
Novama

Maybe it's experience talking, but I feel folks like that are probably new to the game and not flexible because they aren't as quick to adapt, or they are older and stuck in their ways and always not big on adapting.

Im good as long as my character doesn't have to be from a past time period >.> i can do past time periods but the rp dies fast for me if i'm being honest.

We could maybe do a they get stuck together cause of some issue? Like maybe the reason they can travel in time is because they stole a time machine from some huge crime lord or something?

They work for a huge corporation that has time traveling and said "Screw it lets joy ride?"  

PepperNutts

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:37 pm
PepperNutts
Novama

Im good as long as my character doesn't have to be from a past time period >.> i can do past time periods but the rp dies fast for me if i'm being honest.

We could maybe do a they get stuck together cause of some issue? Like maybe the reason they can travel in time is because they stole a time machine from some huge crime lord or something?

They work for a huge corporation that has time traveling and said "Screw it lets joy ride?"

I say bill and ted but I don't mean for us to play rocker characters traveling through time. Just the idea that we play 2 straight guys who know each other and go on an adventure. I think a modern urban setting like a real city. I feel it should start with us crossing paths due to normal life,l. Then something happens l,........they are on a bus subway to their respective destinations before tragedy strikes  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:36 am
Novama

I say bill and ted but I don't mean for us to play rocker characters traveling through time. Just the idea that we play 2 straight guys who know each other and go on an adventure. I think a modern urban setting like a real city. I feel it should start with us crossing paths due to normal life,l. Then something happens l,........they are on a bus subway to their respective destinations before tragedy strikes

OKAY well im going to get a little out there then try and come back so bare with me- these ideas made me smile:

1. They are bounty hunters going after a simple bounty but s**t gets hard core and weird.

2. One is a bounty hunter after the other- but they both have to stick together cause they stumble into something bigger.

3. One of them has to go an a adventure (for work purposes) like go to another country and go to a meeting- do a hand shake- or find their thrill seeking boss- and their roommate/friend tags along cause they have nothing better to do- trying to track this place/guy down they get into a lot of adventures?

4. The run away and join some weird traveling circus.

I modern or future for all of those.  

PepperNutts

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:48 am
PepperNutts
Novama

OKAY well im going to get a little out there then try and come back so bare with me- these ideas made me smile:

1. They are bounty hunters going after a simple bounty but s**t gets hard core and weird.

2. One is a bounty hunter after the other- but they both have to stick together cause they stumble into something bigger.

3. One of them has to go an a adventure (for work purposes) like go to another country and go to a meeting- do a hand shake- or find their thrill seeking boss- and their roommate/friend tags along cause they have nothing better to do- trying to track this place/guy down they get into a lot of adventures?

Then I propose this:

1 is the brains. He's an intellect, college grad, etc etc. Works with data, security, and all that business. He has money. By day he is a respectable employee, but by night he hacks and/or smuggles funds out of his company to various charities, organizations, and himself of course.

2. is the bounty hunter. Rough and tumble life. School was okay but college wasn't his thing. He spent time as a merc and/or military man. Perhaps he has a small injury or defect that got him discharged from service but he can still be active. Maybe it was something small like flat foot or allergies or something. Either way, he's a bounty hunter now and the new mark is character one. character one's latest antics got him caught or at least left evidence pointing to him. However, he has gone into hiding.

The rp could begin with man 1 taking a subway. Man 2, having tracked him, is on same subway. When man 2 finally finds and/or recognizes man 1 and goes to take action, the entire subway wrecks for unknown reason. Both characters are trapped below ground in the wreckage. story could then go any number of directions once we get to that point  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:41 pm
Novama
PepperNutts
Novama

Then I propose this:

1 is the brains. He's an intellect, college grad, etc etc. Works with data, security, and all that business. He has money. By day he is a respectable employee, but by night he hacks and/or smuggles funds out of his company to various charities, organizations, and himself of course.

2. is the bounty hunter. Rough and tumble life. School was okay but college wasn't his thing. He spent time as a merc and/or military man. Perhaps he has a small injury or defect that got him discharged from service but he can still be active. Maybe it was something small like flat foot or allergies or something. Either way, he's a bounty hunter now and the new mark is character one. character one's latest antics got him caught or at least left evidence pointing to him. However, he has gone into hiding.

The rp could begin with man 1 taking a subway. Man 2, having tracked him, is on same subway. When man 2 finally finds and/or recognizes man 1 and goes to take action, the entire subway wrecks for unknown reason. Both characters are trapped below ground in the wreckage. story could then go any number of directions once we get to that point

That would be fun smile keeping it realistic or can things get weird? and do you wanna be 1 or 2? i like both so i don't care biggrin  

PepperNutts

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:38 pm
PepperNutts
Novama
PepperNutts
Novama

Then I propose this:

That would be fun smile keeping it realistic or can things get weird? and do you wanna be 1 or 2? i like both so i don't care biggrin

I'm thinking things should get weird. However, at first they could try getting out of the collapsed tunnel. Then it can turn into any number of things.  
RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff