Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:10 am
Time ticked away slowly on the clock on one of the stark white walls. The similarly white door opened and swung shut with a quiet click as a white-coated man entered the room, a clipboard in his hand that he referred to every so often, or scrawled notes on with the pen tucked behind his ear. An occupied medical bed sat against one wall, and while a track snaked across the ceiling and encircled the entirety of the bed, the curtain that hung from it remained pushed against the wall, out of use. A few machines meant to measure or monitor various things sat unused nearby, ready to be pushed closer in case they were needed, or just as ready to be pushed back against the wall if they remained unnecessary.

After checking over the paper one more time, the brunet tucked the clipboard under his arm and walked over to the bed - or to be more precise, to the body on the bed - to see if anything had changed just yet, or if he needed to wait a little longer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:20 am
Tick, tick, tick, tick.

That... that was a loud clock.

He frowned deeply and shifted slightly, he was sore and not entirely sure what had happened the previous night.

...He didn't have a clock in his room.

The red haired man opened his eyes and looked around blearily. "Wuh?" Why was he...? The mission. The Tauros. KO's eyes opened wider and one hand flew to his chest. It was sore but.... That thing's horn had gone right into him.

There was somebody standing next to his bed, a white-coated man who he didn't recognise. Not one of the regular medical staff, or he just hadn't met him? KO licked his lips and tried to formulate a question. "What?..." That seemed to be all he could think of right now. He remembered blood flowing over his hand, spurting.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:27 am
The man brightened. "Oh good, you're awake!" He pulled a chair over and sat down to be more on the grunt's level, rather than remain towering over him. "You had us all really worried, you know. Well, us and all your teammates." He paused to offer a pleased smile. "How are you feeling?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:33 am
How was he feeling? Other than sore, and confused, and.... He'd thought he was dying. He ought to have. More lives than a Meowth, that's what his partner had always said.

"Uh." KO closed his eyes and tried to focus. "Alright?" he ventured, looking back up at the unfamiliar man. "Sore. What happened? I remember getting onto the jet but...." He closed his eyes again and swallowed hard. He remembered tasting blood, and then... then everything just faded out, he must have lost consciousness.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am
"Alright is good!" The man said happily, a grin forming on his face. It quieted though and he folded his hands over his knees. "You were gravely injured, is what happened. You very nearly died - very, very nearly - but once the jet got to the Kalos base we managed to stabilize you, but you'd lost a great deal of blood already and had gone into shock. You were comatose for..." He checked his clipboard again before looking back up at KO, "roughly an entire month." He paused, his jovial expression serious, "We very nearly lost you in the beginning, and indeed we weren't sure you'd survive the coma. You proved us wrong though," he ended with another grin. "And before you worry, everyone else on the mission is fine and they've all long since gone back to the main headquarters. No one was injured nearly as badly as you were."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:55 am
KO nodded vaguely. "Oh, that's good." Tam and Lex had been there, and Kyle and Adam and... other people too but he hadn't known any of them so much so he cared less. Good that they were all okay though.

Still trying to process the situation KO studied his surroundings more carefully, noting the variety of inactive machines situation nearby. So they hadn't been too worried about him just before he'd woken up but they hadn't moved them out either....

"Wait, a month?" KO frowned. "A whole month?" That was pretty serious but so far as he could tell he was alright? It was hard to focus but he had only just become aware. He frowned again and wriggles his fingers and toes experimentally, and to his groggy relief they responded. "I've been told I've got more lives than a Meowth. That must have used up another one though." Spurting blood meant arteries, and it must have been a major one... but he was alive? He was alive. "And we got Xerneas?" He remebered passing the pokeball to Rook but he had no idea what might have happened on the flight, the Champion could have got loose and chased them or something or Yveltal could have swept down upon them for all he knew.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:14 pm
"A whole month," he affirmed with a nod, his expression serious again. "I'm sure you're aware of the seriousness of a coma lasting that long. We were worried if you'd recover after it, or even wake up at all, but you made unexpectedly good progress over the past couple days, and-- well, here we are!" He spread his hands, then folded them over his knees again. "You seem to have recovered quite fully from your coma - and your previous grievous injuries - so yes, I'd say you've got more lives - and possibly luck - than a Meowth. And yep, you got Xerneas, which also was transferred back to headquarters." A brief pause. "You're sure you're feeling quite all right? Not feeling anything out of the ordinary, any abnormalities at all...?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:25 pm
Yes, he did know that. KO frowned and nodded. "Uh.... I feel groggy? And sore," he indicated his chest, "but other than that, alright I guess." A month, and he'd just... woken up? And he'd had a horn through his chest. He shivered. "So.... Do we know if the league champion gave out descriptions of us? Or did the league hush the whole thing up?" Those seemed like important things to know. If he'd been aware of how the mission would turn out he would have dyed his hair and work coloured contacts, but there was no help for that now.... And he was alive. Everything else came second place to that.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:54 pm
He nodded. "That's normal after what you've been through. The soreness will heal with time." KO's next question made him hum a bit in thought as he referenced his clipboard again. "I've been told that the Champion Diantha has sent descriptions of everyone on the mission to every League-populated region - Kodo included - so you'll have to lay low for a while when you get back. Speaking of," he brightened once more, "are you ready to head back?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:01 pm
Damn. Oh well, there were worse things. He just hoped none of his associates on the outside picked up on his description, it'd be a shame to lose his friendship with the giant Russian for example.

"...Wait, head back?" KO pushed himself cautiously into a sitting position, it didn't make anything hurt worse but it did seem to take a lot of effort. This was explained with a glance at his arms; wasted, thin, pale. Ugh. "Yeah, more than ready, I'm no fan of being a patient.... I can just go?" Getting back to HQ, back to normal sounded very attractive indeed. How much must he have missed on the project he'd been helping Tam on? What had she and Lex been up to? Had they been hurt at all? If they had they were probably more or less better now going by what....

"Say, who are you anyway?" Of course, that was why he didn't know him, they were in Kalos.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:04 pm
"Yep, head back!" The doctor affirmed with a smile. As KO sat up, he sat forward, then stood and stepped forward to measure vitals -- heart rate, breathing, etc., to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary. "You'd go back by boat instead of jet this time, so it'll take a while. Truthfully, we would've liked to have transported you back to headquarters sooner, but up until a couple days ago we were too worried about the dire state of your health to risk moving you. And believe you me, I'm no fan of being a patient, myself," the man chuckled as he stepped back, satisfied with KO's vitals. "Do you think you're ready to walk, too? I can get a wheelchair for you if not."

He blinked, looking a bit surprised at first before turning sheepish. "I apologize, I got so focused on making sure you're well. I'm Jim, one of the doctors in our small medical department here in the Kalos base."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:14 pm
KO gave a little laugh, everything still felt a bit surreal and worrying, and the mildly amusing was a safe thing to latch onto. "Jim and Kirk hu. They missed a trick on making us partners.... I think I'm alright?" So saying he swung his legs out of bed, pushed himself slowly to his feet... and sat back down quit quickly. "Or not. Guess a month in bed hasn't done my muscle tone any favours." At least he'd actually got upright though, once his body had had a little more time to process being 'online' he might be alright to walk at least short distances. "I don't mind a leisurely trip, it'll give me a chance to get back on my feet before I get back to HQ." He'd rather walk off than wheel, his love for things with four wheels did not extend to chairs. Or Fiats.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:22 pm
Jim laughed a bit as well. "Right? And that's good," he said with a nod. Alright was good. He watched as KO attempted to stand and then promptly sat back down, then offered another nod. "Yeah, comas aren't good for keeping good muscle tone. Alright, give me a minute to go get you a wheelchair." So saying, he turned and departed the room, offering KO a brief glimpse of even more stark white walls beyond before leaving him quite alone in the empty, silent room, apart from the persistent ticking of the clock on the wall.

He returned promptly as promised, pushing a wheelchair ahead of him, which he rolled over to the bed and held it there to allow KO to get in without it rolling away from him. "Here you go," he said cheerily.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:31 pm
It was really, really white in here. HQ was pretty white and stark but this place, how did it not give the Kalos staff a headache? It was quiet here too, too quiet. Where were all the people? Surely he should be able to hear the sounds of the rest of the infirmary at work, even if it was a small base there had to be some core staff and probably a patient or two? He didn't like it here, he didn't like it at all and he liked it less and less with every tick of that clock.

Jim's return was a bit of a relief, though now he thought about it he was very smiley. This felt like the start of a horror movie. Just out of sight there were probably bloody handprints on the walls.... Now his imagination was just getting away from him.

KO gave himself a shake and nodded to Jim; "Thanks." He was able to get up again and sit in the chair which was a start. Proper clothes would be better though. "Well, I'm glad I was wearing somebody else's clothes when I got stabbed. Do you have my uniform?" He'd spent a lot of time and effort tailoring it nicely, though it wouldn't fit him perfectly at the moment it would be better than anything off the rack. Right now however he would be more or less prepared to put up with something two sizes too big, just so long as it was clothing and clean.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:51 pm
"No problem," he said amicably, waiting patiently for KO to get in the wheelchair. His words gave him pause, and he hummed a little as he thought for a moment or two. "Well, I already asked someone to put your things on the boat - your uniform being one of them - so that's waiting for you when I bring you down there, but if you'd rather change sooner instead of later then we've got some spare uniforms up here if you'd like," he offered, then shrugged and smiled. "It's up to you which you'd rather do."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff