[FIN] Crack the glass [ Lex & Tambrey] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:40 pm
He shouldn’t be nervous but he could help it. Percy was ready and he really shouldn’t be getting so attached to the name because he didn’t know if the Milotic was going to answer to Perceptor but Percy was just so cute. And maybe he had a bit of a weakness for the Autobot Nerd. Fav Autobot? Certainly within the top ten and he was being a nerd.

Lex sighed, right outside the labs and sent a text to Tambrey. //Hey! Care to let me in? Pleaseeee?// He sent, and settled in not wanting to interrupt the science going on. Might be violable. //Don’t want to interrupt anyone … not interrupting am I?//  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:36 pm
Well... Someone was kind of antsy...

// One moment. Try your dex against the security pad. You should have basic clearance for the first area.//

Tambrey smirked, glancing at a monitor, not more then a couple of doors from Lex's position herself.
There were basic tanks set up in the low secure labs, for viewing and mostly unsuitable for long term growth.
Thankfully, a couple of them were large. Large enough for Milotic.
Tambrey had had to transfer the subject they were referring to as 'Percy' via pokéball from one tank deeper in the labs to the temporary stasis 'show tank' he currently occupied.
She'd been finishing up an inventory edit, referencing 'Percy's' coming departure into the custody of one grunt 'Pulsar'...

As said grunt was apparently right outside, however, she finished up quickly and made to exit through the door into the room that she was pretty sure Lex currently had access to.

The tanks were dimmed, obscuring the subjects within to no more than silhouettes; each tank would illuminate, slightly green, the pokémon within with the triggering of a sensors monitoring the spaces just in front of them.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:46 pm
//Do I? Awesome.// Lex responded and shifted, positioning his dex against the pad and waited for it to read and grant him some clearance. This wasn't the same as getting Strongarm and Nautilator because this was a pokemon he had designed and perhaps he was a bit overly excited.

He slowly wheeled in, looking about to find Tambrey and perhaps taking few moments orient himself to the rooms energy and well a bit of the smell. Different for sure and he was privately glad he left Yoketron behind for this visit.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:59 pm
"Ahem. Um. Welcome to the labs. Well... Uh. This bit is more of a showroom really... Or an observation lab. Not a lot of chemicals or, uh, cloning in this room... Still. Some." She grinned, and gestured around the room, at all the tanks.

She lifted her tablet slightly, demonstratively.

"So. Um. I took the liberty of forwarding you his genetic profile... Just in case you were interested. Um. A lot of it is redacted... Well, you know... Science and all, but you should be able to note the specific changes we made with regard to, uh, Perceptor..." She smiled.
"Ready to meet your Milotic? Bypassing the Feebas stage wasn't... exactly possible, but, um, well, we have our ways of getting things done." Specifically some very very carefully formulated growth catalysts and mutagens.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:15 pm
"Thank you... and it is different." Lex shifted, pressing a bit of hair aside as he took in the expanse of the labs and the different tanks.

"Ahh, thank you. It probably take a bit to understand but I appreciate it." Homework! Yes... in so much that he wanted to know and more he understand the greater he could play around with things.

"I had wondered at that. Is it in any ways dangerous to the pokemon in question." He asked, fingers skimming over the information and nodded. "Of course I am. " He was very excited to meet Percy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:26 pm
"Tip of the ice berg," Tambrey grinned at the comment "we're in this room because clearance to go any further into the labs is, uh, let's say 'hard won' shall we? I mean, just to get inside here, the tip, your clearance had to be updated temporarily, and this is one of the more basic areas..."

She nodded.
"I'm sure you'll get the gist. It's heavily pigment focused, of course. Areas of redaction are mostly techniques that... well. We guard our research even against each other..." She shrugged apologetically, but was sure he'd understand the nature of how Team Rocket wanted its employees to behave.
"No... I wouldn't say it was dangerous. It's a rather well understood science in most respects though we employ several different techniques to achieve the same outcomes. Risks are present in anything, of course, but I'd be, um, confident in saying I don't believe the processes we use to be dangerous to the pokémon... Anyway. The best bit. He's right over here."

Tambrey gestured her tablet toward a large tank just a few steps away.
"I, uh, moved him in there maybe an hour ago or so... I doubt he's conscious but sometimes they surprise us. Just, uh, go ahead and pass your hand in front of the tank. It'll light up for you."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:50 pm
"Understandable..." Lex murmured, focusing momentary on the lines before looking up. "I'm starting to get that," he said dryly. Competitive, guard against one another so they can not steal your hard won understanding.

" Is... ooh." Lex shifted ih his chair, wheeling himself closer before slowly getting to his feet and taking a few small steps to the tank, holding his hand up. He watched it lite up and shifted, setting his hand against the side, examining the smooth coils of the Milotic.

"He is gorgeous."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:22 am
Tambrey had rather become -less- competitive rather than more, since joining Team Rocket, though she still enjoyed and strove to do her best work; redaction and censorship were definitely more a security precautionary measure than trying to hide her work from colleagues these days.
Still she shrugged apologetically again, happy that, at least, she could share what she was allowed to, before following Lex's progress to the tank with a grin.

For a moment she considered darting in and offering some aid, but memories of being wheelchair-bound herself reminded her that sometimes the simplest of actions, like this, had an encouraging affect.
Especially at a symbolic moment like meeting a new partner that one had specifically requested the features of.

"Mhm. Very attractive colouring." Tambrey tapped a few things on the screen in her hand, giving a quick concentrating glance and returning a smile.
"Bio-signs are good. Vitals are as expected... He's, uh, ready for the ball whenever you are ready to place him in one. I'd, um, probably advise going directly to a wet room in the training area once you do that though. And, if I may, I'd certainly like to come along and observe your first interactions whenever you're ready to do that?"
Technically speaking, she could just ask for Lex document the entire run of initial training sessions, she supposed, but there was something incredibly special about being there in person to watch a colleague interact with a new friend.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:08 am
Lex listened faintly, nodding as he slowly trail a finger over the glass tracing the curve of an black antennae. He nodded, carefully pulling the ultra ball and gave a slight hum of thought. "Probably should be sitting down for this..."

He settled back into the chair, playing with the choosen capture device and then looking at the tank. "Somehow I don't think tossing the ball at him is going to really work."

"Ooh, and of course you can come, I'm actually still figuring out where the wet rooms are. Been wanting to grab one to work with Nautilator some."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:16 pm
Tambrey grinned at the comment on tossing a ball at the Milotic.

"Heh. No. Not, um, unless you want to crack the glass... So, uh," She tapped a couple times on the pad she carried, which triggered something on the front, and to the side, of the tank "this isn't too unlike a pc system. You can, um, 'suck' him right out of there, basically. Whenever you're ready."

She fidgeted slightly.
"Some of the... dedicated wet rooms, the, uh, pools tend to be grouped. I'm pretty sure 26 and 27 are those... But, um, a lot of rooms are designed to adapt. You can, uh, press a few buttons for the settings and 'presto', you have a pool... Or a running water slope... Plenty of depth settings too."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:50 pm
"This is much easier. For a moment I was debating on to get high enough to trigger the ball above the glass and rather doubting my ability not to fall into the tank." Lex rolled over and set the ultra ball in the cradle and initiated the transfer.

"Thanks... I haven't had water pokemon before so I been trying to catch up on how the training rooms work when you have a pokemon that would be better off battling in a pool." He waited till it was finished fore lifting the pokeball. "Is any of the dedicated wet rooms better then the other?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:16 pm
"Pft." Tambrey couldn't keep the grin off her face at all now. "First you'd have to open it. We keep it air tight to preserve the environment inside. But it you -really- want to try out a dip in growth formula, first hand, we've probably got some tanks that need the old stuff swapped out around here... But yes, it's a very useful system. You can, uh, thank tech for that. I've actually no idea how the transfer system itself works, but I'm very grateful it's there."

She didn't have to think too hard about the question of which 'wet room' was best.
Although she too lacked a true water pokémon, she -did- enjoy swimming herself, and she had a couple of pokémon who enjoyed it without being water types as well.
"I, uh, rather like 27. It's lacking a few obstacle settings but the pool itself is good for lengths and basic training."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:26 pm
"I think I would skip that sensation for now." Lex shifted, slowly wheeling over to Tambrey. "And 27 it is. It isn't going to upset you if I decided to get into the pool with him will it?"

Okay, maybe he sort of over prepared and decided to wear swim shorts underneath his sweats on the chance they were going to get a room with a pool deep enough for him to float and truly interact with Percy and Nautilator.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:38 am
"Oh? Oh, no, certainly not..." Tambrey replied with a flick of the stylus she'd been using with her screen. "Actually, it's probably the best thing you can do. The fact that he's inside your, uh, ball means he already has an imprint that he's, well, yours, but, well, as you know I'm sure, bonding is much more personal experience and practice than 'hey I caught you, do what I say now!', so it'll actually help. I did want to take a few notes about his initial interaction with you. Swimming with him will definitely give us more information."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:40 am
"Just wanted to check," Lex carefully tucked the ball away and slowly wheeled towards the door. "Do you have a type preference? My room mates are all ghosts and I been debating on working with mainly dark and fire types."

He was currently heavy generalist but he did have some favorites when it came to his team.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff