[fin] Something Strange Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:55 pm
"Well I don't know about you but I feel a lot better for that," KO sighed contentedly as they stepped out of the spa. He was relaxed, pampered, peeled, buffed and generally feeling rather better about life than he had been before the massage, facial, and mani-pedicure. He was also feeling better because pretty soon he was going to get a chance to talk to Tambery about, well, everything and get her opinions on it.

"The Prism is this way," he gestured and turned down the street, "only a couple of minutes' walk, and it'll have just opened by now."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:29 pm
Tambrey felt... weird.
It /was/ a good weird, though, admittedly, but still, weird.

She felt oddly 'clean', as much as relaxed... Maybe clean wasn't quite 'right'... Refreshed?

Her feet tingled a little, but nicely. She found herself flexing them and wiggling her toes in her shoes, before giving her arms a stretch, and noting how... unstiff her back, and in fact, most all of her body felt.
This had definitely done her good, but she could -feel- that she wasn't used to it because it did feel weird as much as good.

"Much!" Tambrey agreed, surprising herself at how surprised she'd sounded in saying it, before walking along, following the red-head down the street. "Oh. Um. That's... convenient. It really is close by." She hadn't doubted it would be, of course, but it was nice that it was.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:34 pm
"Right?" KO agreed, smiling at Tambery's stretch and apparent surprise. "I actually found the spa on my way to the bar one day. You don't do that sort of thing often, do you? I don't know how anyone does without it myself, I really should finish that massage course I started once. Another marketable skill is never a bad thing, especially on my wages." One day he would be an Agent with his own room and with more pay so he wouldn't have to spend so much energy on topping them up... though honestly he probably still would, he liked making clothes for people so long as they were good customers, and he never made anything for bad customers twice.... Well not unless they paid really well that was.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:19 pm
"I... I, uh, don't." Tambrey admitted.
"I'm usually doing... other things when I'm not working and when I am working it can extend into when I'm 'not' working... and... Well, recently my days off and out and about have been for my pokémons' benefits to be honest..."

She considered what he said, then gave a little nod of understanding, but, as they were in public, kept her comment vague.
"Ah. I remember that pay grade. Um... I can probably cover us for costs at this place, you know?" She tended to save, and the days out she /did/ have weren't exactly expensive usually... Admittedly, she had a few costs to cover regarding projects she was interested in, but she suspected she could afford a bar tab for a night... Not that she had any real idea how much bars usually ended up costing.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:27 pm
"Oh, it wasn't a hint!" KO replied with a laugh and a shake of his head. "I mean, you can if you desperately want but I did come prepared to pay my way - left here - and like I say, I can get us discounts on food and drinks."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:57 pm
Tambrey smirked and waved a hand in a sort of 'I know' gesture.

"Well... I know but I really don't mind, and if you can get discounts, I may as well cover it. You, uh, -did- just... You know... I feel like I have to buy you a drink at the least..."

She turned when directed, following him with a tiny bit of apprehension; she was going to a bar... A fancy bar, but still a bar. That wasn't something she did.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:07 pm
"Well thank you then," KO smiled as they turned onto another street, this one populated with bars and clubs that were just starting to come to life for the evening. "Tell you what, you can buy the drinks and I'll get us some snacks. Oh," he dropped his voice to a murmur and lent in closer, "and do you go just by Tambery in public? Kirk is good for me."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:33 pm
"Deal." Tambrey agreed, and then widened her eyes; right! She hadn't actually been around in /busy/ public for a little while. What did she call herself last time? Or usually? 'Tabitha' was one she remembered using, and it hadn't been compromised yet, she thought... Tara though... Sadly, she probably wouldn't be using that one again.

"Tabitha. Or Tab. Sounds kind of like 'Tam' anyway." She dropped her voice to answer as she'd settled on which one to use.

'Kirk'. Well, sometimes she ended up calling him that /anyway/ so that was fine...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:45 pm
"Tab," KO nodded, no problem.

A short way down the street KO slowed and motioned Tam towards their destination.

The Prism's sign was, of course, a prism with a light shining through it and scatting into a rainbow. Standing outside it was a tall man in a sharp black suit with dark skin, braided purple-black hair, a handsome square-jawed face and pale violet eyes. When he spotted KO he started to grin. "Well, hello there stranger, what brings you to these parts? How long has it been Kirk, and who's this?"

Kirk gave a smirk grin in response and headed over to greet the bouncer with a brief man-hug. "Harry, you're looking good! Must be two months now, maybe three? I've been busy with a new project at work; Tab here is the project manager, we're getting away from things for the night. How's Toni?"

Harry nodded and smiled. "Oh, nice, nice to meet you then Tab. Toni's good thanks, out of town for the week doing gigs in Sandalwood."

"Oh, they got some gigs? Great!" KO beamed, apparently genuinely pleased. "Well, say I said hi will you? And how much is entrance tonight?"

Harry snorted and waved them in. "It's a good review for Toni's show on the blog, go on in you."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:01 pm
Oh, that was nice; Tambrey couldn't help but pause to admire the sign.

Then KO, or Kirk, rather, was talking to the bouncer... Quite a handsome bouncer who seemed quite friendly toward the red-head.
She did wonder, though it was brief as suddenly she was being introduced.

'Tab' offered a little finger wave to Harry, and a pleasant smile.
"Nice to meet you too; Kirk speaks well of the place." Her tones were... slightly more clipped, a tiny more, she imagined, upper-class sounding than they might usually be, but not by too much.
She'd learned that 'over-acting' was usually nothing but bad for a cover.

Project manager? She wondered what industry Harry thought that related too... She'd have to ask Kirk once they were safely settled inside, she decided, and realised she probably should have asked before, as he had about her name.

Good review on the blog? This was all so... alien to her. It was rather exciting and /felt/ kind of glamorous. But it was alien.
She definitely thought she was looking forward to sitting down out of the way...  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:08 pm
The interior of The Prism was clean and modern looking, making heavy use of glass and clear plastic. The chairs and stools around the tables and at the bar looked comfortable though; clearly form and function had been forced to co-exist in here. The lighting was soft, the music low, and absolutely nobody was chugging pints. Here and there, as promised, there were little booth-alcoves with narrow entrances to tables of varying sizes with fixed sofa-benches around them.

Kirk headed straight up to the bar, smiling at the woman behind it as he approached. "Nia! I didn't think you worked out front anymore?"

The blue-haired, sharp-featured woman in the white on white uniform suit smiled back and shrugged. "Short handed today, what can I say? What can I get for you and your friend?"

Kirk turned to 'Tab' with a questioning look. "What do you fancy? Cocktails? A bottle to share? I mean, you did offer to buy me drinks so I'm not going to go and order the fancy champagne for us or something."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:26 pm
Well this was remaining nice if not a little unnervingly like a lab environment in some places...

A lab with... sofas and music and alcohol you were -supposed- to consume...
The woman with blue hair, in a white uniform could have just as easily fit in on base, in the lab, though...

"Uh!" She blinked; she didn't remember what she liked.... Scratch that, she didn't /know/ what she liked in a place like this.

She liked brandy and such... She liked soft and fruity things too...
"Uh! Well, um, what do you think is good here?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:36 pm
Tambery seemed... a little out of her depth. She didn't do this much either did she? KO smiled and shrugged. "Well, it's all good really. I like their cocktail pitchers, they don't top them up with water like some places. What've you got you can give us a good deal on tonight Nia?"

"Plenty!" Nia grinned. "But I would recommend the Blood Orange Jalapeno Margarita, the Strawberry Basil Margarita, or the Sparkling Watermelon Sangria for pitcher cocktails. If you prefer wine though just tell me what you like - red, white, fruity, dry, whatever, and I can recommend."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:53 pm
Tambrey's face took on a slightly incredulous look as she heard one of those words mixed in with the others.

People put... jalapenos in cocktails?
"Ooh! Watermelon? That sounds really nice..." She /did/ like wine, but something with 'watermelon' in the name sounded rather refreshing.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:17 pm
"Watermelon Sangria it is," Nia smiled, setting to make the drink and passing it over to Tambery with the tab opened.

KO ordered a few bar snacks to come to a table he indicated, handed over cash for them, and picked up the tray with the drinks. "Shall we?" he asked of Tambery, nodding to the little booth he'd previously motioned to.

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff