Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:57 pm
Nope!

Bloody flaming nope!

He was not flaming putting up with any more of the bloomin' 'nutritious' medical ward food... /Hospital/ food!

In truth, it was probably just a mental association with the idea, but Clancy /knew/ he could /taste/ clinical blandness in the meals they offered up!

His taste buds were /suffering/!

It was cruel and unusual punishment!

And thus, he'd wheeled himself out.
He could /almost/ get around without the chair now, but it was painful and slow and painfully bloody slow, and he could do wheelchair races without the chair, so he remained in it.

He'd wheeled himself away right after dinner time and he'd gotten a look at the... was it supposed to be pizza?... the food they'd brought him...
It was pitiful.

Sure, dining hall food was dining hall food, but he was bloody well certain it'd be a more attractive option than the offerings to be found where he'd just escaped from...

So. Here he was holding up a queue as he wheeled himself awkwardly about and juggled a tray on his lap, trying to grab two desserts, a soda, and a large portion of steak and chips...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:02 pm
Honestly, all he'd done was ask if he could have his steak rare. Some people had no sense of humour. With a steak of any quality ruled out KO had hoped for some kind of fish pie along with orange juice to drink. Humm, now what was on for dessert? Anything worth-? Oh, well hello, there was somebody he'd been hoping he'd run into eventually.

KO smirked to himself and walked quietly up behind Clancy. With his tray poised on one hand he lent down a little to ask; "Anything good on for dessert today?" And this would serve the fool right for that utter farce in the cavern.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:20 pm
Right... so if he kept the soda there... and placed his apple pie just there he could.. WAAH!

"WHAT THE BLOODY 'ELL?!" He jumped in his chair, causing a chain reaction on his tray. His soda toppled, adding a fair bit of itself to his steak and chips before it was the first thing he instinctively grasped to right, then his apple pie slid, knocked aside by his effort to save the soda, becoming a crumbly mess in his lap, beneath the tray, while his other dessert, some kind of cream-filled pastry, was knocked into the air a way, before it joined the soda, becoming added to, and melting on a little, his steak and chips, while he was trying to work out how to retrieve his apple pie (which was hot! hot! on his lap!)... He gave up and wriggled instead, until the pie was lost to the floor... But at least it wasn't trying to cook something important anymore...

Keeping a firm grip on his, now, half a soda, he twisted himself until he could look at KO and fix the other redhead with a glare.

"What the bloody 'ell did ya do /that/ for?!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:42 pm
Woops! Well he hadn't expected the reaction to be that dramatic. Now why could he not find it in himself to be remorseful? Oh yeah, because this idiot had nearly got them all flattened by the Kalos Champion.

"Do what?" KO asked, straightening up with a slightly wounded expression his his face. "All I did was ask a simple question regarding the offering for dessert." He tilted his head to the side, looked at the floor, and ventured; "Apple pie, is it?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:50 pm
"Sneak up on me, ya bloody zombie! Why the bloody 'ell ain't ya dead any'ow?! I was bloody sure you flamin' died!" Clancy didn't have time to be incredulous; he was too busy feeling flustered, embarrassed, and insulted for some reason.

"Was. Bloody ex-apple-pie now, ain't it. Shuffled off it's bloody mortal coil, right off me flamin' tray! Ain't even good for bloody trifle..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:33 pm
"Zombie? Pur-leaze," KO scoffed. "If I were among the undead I'd be something with a little style! Mouldering is not my look. As for how I survived, that would be a question for the good medics at the Kalos base. Whatever they did to me worked rather well, as you can see." KO managed to appear to preen without actively moving a muscle, just one of his many talents. Truthfully he felt as though his appearance could use some work actually; his complexion was naturally light beige but it was currently a little too light, he needed some sun on his skin. He also wanted to recover his muscle tone and he felt as though he could do with a haircut, but even falling short of his preferred standards he knew he was a cut above most anyone else in the room. In any room.

"And there are more pies, you know," KO continued with a gesture to the serving station. "I'll even get one for you if you like, seen as you're a little incapacitated at the moment. What happened to you then?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:47 pm
"... Zombies 'ave style. Ain't ya bloody never seen Thriller?" Clancy grumbled, looking over the man. Well that just wasn't fair at all.
Here he was in a bloody wheelchair, and KO just got to strut around after being /dead/...

"Yeah, ya bloody well should considerin' ya made mine drop on the flamin' floor..." He grumbled again, and then shook his head, almost with disbelief.
"And wotcha bloody mean, what 'appened to me then? An ocean of flamin' 'omicidal critters tried to flippin' kill me, that's what bloody happened to me!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:01 pm
"Well if you're going to be like that you can get your own pie," KO replied, raising an eyebrow and regarding Clancy with a smug b***h expression. It was something in the tilt of his chin and the curl of his lip that did it. "And I have. Have you seen the complexion they give him? And those outfits? Ugh." KO waved his free hand to ward off terrible 80s fashion.

"And I meant specifically," KO tutted and shook his head. "Those homicidal critters happened to all of us you know."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:22 pm
Clancy grumbled inaudibly to himself and then shrugged. He'd thought the Thriller outfits were kind of cool, but then, he'd once had to wear a Team Aqua uniform, which made you look like some sort of pirate rocker... He'd never pulled that off very well...

"Oh I don't bloody well know... Stuff in me legs was broken... They said summat about lingalmints and my abdomen... Pretty sure one of them spiky buggers shot me in the arse... Bloody lot a burns, 'lectrical and otherwise though I guess not as much as it flamin' felt like at the time..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:57 pm
KO caught the grumble and chuckled softly. "Aww, you're not upset over my trashing the costume are you?" While he was fairly intuitive - it was a survival skill that had served him well over the years - it was probably as much his own fixation with style as the aforementioned that make KO draw those conclusions. KO shook his head. "It was of its time, there are elements that could work - I like the red - but it needs an update if it's to be taken seriously as stylish today." Humm, could be a fun project for halloween.

"And so anatomy isn't your strong suit either?" KO continued in response to Clancy's rather vague description of his injuries. "What is it you do focus on? Actually, hold on, I'll get those pies first." So saying KO headed over to the dessert line, insinuated himself beside a friend, exchanged a bit of chat, and quickly enough had two apple pies. It paid to be friends with people, even people who seemed like idiots could have a lot of uses. Perhaps he'd find out soon what some of Clancy's might be.

"Well then, where shall we sit?" KO asked as he rejoined his fellow red-haired grunt.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:18 pm
"Anatomy? Nah..." Clancy began, and then stumbled to a halt. KO was off into the line. Well, that was just fine; if he got a replacement apple pie out of it, he could deal with feeling a bit silly for beginning to talk right as someone walked off...

His mood soured slightly when KO came back and asked where they should sit, however. He glanced at his legs, still in a sitting position in a wheelchair.
"That a bloody joke?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:22 pm
What? KO cocked his head to the side. "Noooo? I mean, you can keep sitting where you are if you like, but maybe sitting at a table would make it easier to eat? Just a thought." Making a small derisive noise under his breath KO gestured to a table with some free places. "How about there, there's space on the end for you."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:47 pm
Right. /Right/. Actually that did make more sense.
Clancy was just feeling rather tired of /always/ being in the chair... but if he healed up /too/ fast, he'd probably have to start cleaning things again... Not that they were letting him get away idle...
He frowned and shook away the memory of mind-numbing data-entry he'd been ordered to do from his medical bed.

"Ah. Yeah, guess that'll bloomin' do... Give us a push, eh, Laz'rus?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:53 pm
"Well, for a classical reference I suppose I can," KO replied with a small noise of amusement. With his tray balanced on one hand he only had the one left to do the pushing with but it was possible to steer a wheelchair like that if you were careful and good at steering, and he was both.

It didn't take them long at all to get where KO had indicated, and once they were there he released Clancy's chair and set his tray down on the table before passing the second apple pie over to the other grunt. "Soooooo." KO took his seat and arranged his dinner before him to his personal liking. "You were going to tell me what it is you do?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:18 pm
"Classical references make y' do stuff? I'm gonna hafta bloody remember that..." Clancy voiced, neglecting to say thank you, before narrowing one eye at the other grunt.

"What I... do?" He didn't entirely understand the question, at first, maybe. "I'm a bloody Rocket grunt, like you are. Ya do know where the 'ell ya are right? Didn't come back from Kalos wi'... flamin' brain damage or summat?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff