[PRP] Flower Power Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:06 pm
Taavi had got himself a place to live and felt in need of a day out to recover from the stress and gloom this had caused. It was... well it wasn't like the nice two bedroom place he'd shared with Ron back in Hoenn, that was for sure. It was... well it was a small single room with a kitchenette on one side and a tiny wetroom/shower room sort of thing in one corner. He didn't like the area the apartment block was in at all, he'd already heard some of his many neighbours - fighting - and didn't like them either because of that. It was cheap though and that was what he needed most at the moment. Even so the deposit had taken up most of the money he had left and... and... this was why he was taking a day to forget about everything he needed to worry about right at the moment.

It was about lunchtime now and he and Valour were flying over what - according to his map - had to be the Calamus Plains. At the moment they were passing over a wild meadow, probably just the sort of place that would be nice to sit and have the lunch he'd brought along? Taavi tapped Valour between the shoulders and the Braviary started to spiral downwards in response. As they descended Taavi peered over his friend's shoulder at the approaching ground, he always enjoyed seeing the details come into focus and toy-like features such as the odd tree become life-sized.

It almost made him forget how much he needed to get a job.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:25 pm
It wasn't easy getting used to his routine; then again it never was. Ever since he had left his home in Floraroma Town, a new start in Kodo had more than a couple of hitches along the way. And the biggest problems he faced were probably a bad money situation and simply setting up his shop to begin with. Sure, he had calculated the expenses of moving to the island region... however he never really thought ahead enough to think of how much it cost in order to purchase a lot - Or well in his case, a uhm... 'tree house property' of sorts' -, and in the end he was practically scraping the bottom of the bucket in order to manage a living. Thankfully he was already slightly successful in his endeavors... well mainly because he purchased a two story 'home' rather and converted the first floor of it to be fit to the needs of a business and ended up living in the 'quaint' little flat-like area that compromised the second floor. And by 'quaint', it means a place that fits the most simple of needs. Very, very simple needs.

It was a miracle whenever he could get out and not work on his shop, especially since it gave him the opportunity to see more wild flowers rather than the ones that were prepped and trimmed were great. And so he would venture beyond Sandalwood quite often, journeying both through Cypress forest and beyond with his trusty companion he's had for quite some time: Luxe the Snivy. Ever since he could own a Pokemon the Snivy was around, and soon enough he would also be accompanied by quite the interesting looking Liepard, Nightshade... however the latter preferred to keep to their home business and never really enjoyed venturing all that much further. The little grass serpent would be upon his shoulder, looking around and keeping alert for any dangers as they stepped into a meadow.

"Hm, this place doesn't look that bad... in fact it looks pretty nice." He said in his typically soft voice, glancing over to the Snivy and flashing a small smile. "Wouldn't you agree, Luxe?"

The Pokemon nodded, climbing down his shoulder and landing on the ground in a careful manner before looking around and curiously starting to wander around. "We've come a pretty long way... very far actually." He said, the hell-like burn to his legs definitely registering at this point. Yea, no amount of breaks would make such a trek reasonable, but whoever said he was? A chuckle was made as he realized the shakiness of his legs, quickly going to sit as his Snivy assisted as best as possible by use of vines. "Eh, thanks Luxe. You're lucky you had the pleasure of sitting on my shoulder. Wish I could be as small as you one day, haha." A sigh was emitted, the male adjusting his bandanna before flopping onto his back and staring at the sky. "Mm...I think it's best to relax as best as possible until we have to go back." He said, squinting a bit as he could've sworn he caught the sight of a large bird Pokemon closing in on an area nearby but simply dismissing it for now. After all, looking at the sun was tough work... and painful.

It was time for a break, and that's really all he needed at this point: To kick back and enjoy the aroma of the multiple flowers blooming around them.

TawnyAngel
((I'm so sorry it took forever to get to this Q~Q. I was busy dealing with a really important manner considering this place I admin for on another site and just-- It needed a lot of attention ;~;... I just hope I did good enough with this intro to make up for it-- Golly it is it tough getting back into the swing of things Q^Q...

Also, I hope that you don't mind if I quote you here-- I'm kinda used to that kind of thing since it makes getting back to the thread easier @7@))

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:50 am
The Voice of Time
=D No worries at all, there's no rush and this is great! Quoting is fine also <3

"Oh look, there's somebody down there," Taavi pointed out to Valour. Of course Valour would have been aware of them from their soaring height, along with every blade of grass pretty much! The reason for pointing it out though wasn't to point it out but to indirectly request that Valour take him down near to them.

Having known Taavi for ten years Valour understood the intent perfectly well and angled his descent a little to bring them almost directly over the small human male and his Snivy companion.

A short while later Valour touched down in the grass with a light thump and Taavi slid down from his back. "Hello!" he called to the stranger, shifting the hang of his backpack and pulling his flying goggles down around his neck. "Lovely day isn't it?" Oh, and he had a Snivy with him too! A trainer working out in the field then?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:54 pm
TawnyAngel
((Oh, okie ;3;! And yay, this makes things a lot easier @ 7 @ Glad i'm doing ok at well ^w^;; ))

He should've known that he should have been more weary about the large bird Pokemon soaring overhead, but thankfully Luxe was there to do the job of being a lookout for him. The grass serpent quickly hopped onto his feet, giving a small warning cry that caused the florist to -albeit slowly- come to.

"Hmm--?" He groaned, opening up his eyes and rubbing at them a bit as he sat up, looking around in a confused manner before practically jumping out of his skin at hearing the thud. "Woah-- What was that???" Well, maybe if he actually took the time to look and listen to what was right in front of him, he'd notice the other male and their peculiar looking Braviary.

"Oh." Jasper would pause, glancing around for a moment to be sure the other was addressing him before nodding and managing a smile. "Yea, I guess so. I didn't expect to see anyone else out here... since this place is pretty huge and all." He said, his Snivy waddling over to his side before peaking curiously at the large bird next to the other trainer. The grass-type would remain weary of the other for obvious reasons, keeping close to his trainer until he was sure the situation was safe.

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:44 pm
The Voice of Time
Cool! =D

"Ha, um, sorry did we startle you?" Taavi gave an apologetic smile and started to undo the braid that had kept his long black hair tamed for the flight. "It's pretty huge down here but not so much from up there! It's pretty quick to get anywhere and, um, I think Valour probably spotted you a while ago and decided to head towards you. He knows I like company. Oh! And my name's Taavetti by the way - Taavi - hi!" That had been a bit of a ramble but oh well, the stranger looked friendly enough! Taavi guessed that the small brown-haired man was somewhere near his own age, maybe a little older? He wasn't good at telling ages and wouldn't dare to guess aloud.

Valour blinked over at the Snivy and then turned his head from side to side to inspect it through each eye in turn. <> he said once he'd finished his inspection. <>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:05 pm
TawnyAngel

This time around he honestly felt a little dumb for having freaked out the way he did when the other landed, reaching back to scratch at the back of his neck as he nodded. "Haha yea, it's fine though. I freak out over pretty simple things, honestly." Jasper would explain, glancing over to the Valour as he was mentioned. Huh, guess a bird's eye-view is really as impressive as they say. His attention was quickly drawn back to the trainer as they introduced themselves, carefully going to stand in order to return the gesture as he offered a hand to shake. This... was definitely going to be the beginning of him getting used to people that were taller than himself. "Jasper Meadows, or well... just Jasper. It's nice to meet you, Taavi." Hopefully he wouldn't pronounce the other's nickname funny, seeing as he was pretty new to the quirky pronunciation. "I can understand a want for company too, heh. Haven't had a lot of it in recent, been a bit busy setting up shop back in my home in Sandalwood. Of course, I always have Luxe here for company... seeing as my Liepard back home isn't necessarily much of a traveler."

The serpent still stuck to his owner's side like glue as he moved to talk, pausing for a moment as the bird addressed him. <> Luxe started, shuffling his feet a bit before braving himself to move a bit away from Jasper in order to present himself better. <>

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:19 pm
The Voice of Time

"Sorry," Taavi repeated as he shook Jasper's hand, "I should probably have called or something rather than just dropping in on you like that. It's nice to meet you too Jasper, and sorry, it's Finnish. My name I mean. Um, so are you new to Kodo as well then? Or did you move to Sandalwood from somewhere else on the island? I only arrived here a couple of weeks ago." It would be sort of nice to talk to somebody else who hadn't been here long! They could compare notes or something.

<> Valour conceded with a nod. <>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:59 pm
TawnyAngel

He chuckled, shaking his head as he withdrew his hand back to his side. "It's fine, thankfully I don't get heart attacks often or have any problems of the sort. And uh, Finnish, huh?" The florist paused for a moment, unsure if he had ever heard such a term before shrugging it off. "Yea, I moved in a few months back from Sinnoh. It's pretty different from a small town like Floraroma, but i've done pretty well at getting used to it." A gander was then given to the meadow, the man nodding a bit as he smiled in an almost nostalgic fashion. "It's nice to have places like this especially... it does wonders to experience a homey feel once in awhile."

The Snivy would return the nod with one of his own, venturing to take a few more steps over along with generally relaxing his posture. <>

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:01 pm
The Voice of Time

"Heh, well I'm glad to hear that," Taavi replied with a grin, smoothing a hand back over his hair and nodding. "I came from Hoenn, I lived near Mauville City and I've moved to Camphoreon so I guess it's not such a big change going from one city to another. I like to get out away from the city too though, I feel too cramped up staying in a city for too long but then if I'm away for too long I miss people. Heh, you need a balance right? Oh, but you came a few months ago? Did you arrive before The Egg of Arceus was discovered?" Or had Jasper moved here because of it like he had?

<> Valour agreed, settling down to preen for a bit. <> he said by way of casual conversation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:50 pm
TawnyAngel

A brow was arched, Jasper nodding as he crossed his arms. "Must be nice to be able to have lived in a place like that before. It was terrifying trying to get around the city the first time around...I was glad to move into Sandalwood. Sure it's still a city of its own right but eh, not as crowded." A sort of daunted expression took over when The Egg of Arceus was mentioned, the male clearly not having any good memories from the event. "I... kinda moved in right around when things were getting serious. I was honestly unaware of what was going on, we didn't have a T.V. back at my place and it was too late by the time I got my ticket here. Heck, everyone on the ship was on edge while we were pulling into port at Camphoreon. They considered cancelling the voyage but, well y'know. Lots of last minute decisions were made and uhm... yea. I'm just glad that things aren't as tense as they were... for now at least. Who knows what will happen." He sighed, going to sit back on the grass before shrugging his shoulders once again. "I just hope I don't get caught back in the mix of things again..."

Luxe definitely felt better as the conversation went on, glancing back up at Jasper before looking to the other again. <>

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:16 pm
The Voice of Time

"Oh, wow, really?" Taavi's eyes widened and his face lit up with enthusiasm. "So did you see it? The Egg? Before they built all around it? What was it like?" Ooooh he was starting to babble, slow down there! Feeling a bit silly and a bit embarrassed Taavi started to put a braid into his hair without really noticing he was doing it. "Um, but yea I'm glad things have calmed down! I wish I could have been here when it was happening though." He wasn't sure quite what Jasper meant by being caught up in the mix of things but he decided that he probably shouldn't ask, they had only just met after all and it seemed like a bit of a nosy question.... More nosy than the rest of his questions, that was.

<> Valour said, only slightly indistinctly as he ran his beak down a feather. <> Would the pair be okay getting back? He'd have to check on that in a bit, they couldn't just leave them out here if not.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:11 pm
TawnyAngel

He looked up at the other in a baffled manner for a moment, not expecting so much enthusiasm to suddenly bubble out of him. "You're... really excited about this whole egg thing, huh?" He asked, smiling a bit as he pulled up his knees to rest his arms on them. The florist would think for a moment then, one of his hands reaching back to scratch behind his head as he thought about it. "Can't say I remember that at all... and I doubt i'll be able to. Missed the opportunity I guess." He sighed, an apologetic look on his face. Heh, now he felt pretty bad if he were to suddenly dash the other's dreams like that. How could he make this better... "But hey, who knows how things will change in the future? If things get rough trying to keep it safe and such, they might have to rely on the local trainers. Maybe then you'll get your opportunity, right?"

<> Luxe nodded, looking around for a moment before idly running his little 'leaf paws' along the blades of grass around him. <> The Snivy sighed, smiling a bit after. <>

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:26 pm
The Voice of Time

Oh no. He'd made an idiot of himself. Oh no. Taavi flushed furiously and though this sign of embarrassment wasn't too obvious thanks to his dark skin the way he shrank back and looked down was pretty clear. "Um, well, I, just, it's- it's something of Arceus right?" he managed, stumbling awkwardly over the words. "And... and people can talk to pokemon now so... so.... Um. I don't want it to be in any danger but I would really like to see it." Why had he had to get so over excited like that? Jasper probably thought he was crazy now, or at the very least weird and awkward.

Valour looked at Luxe, at Jasper, and then back again. <> he replied wryly, fluffing up his feathers and then letting them settle back down in a relaxed rouse. <>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:53 pm
TawnyAngel

Fortunately for Taavi, Jasper was a pretty understanding person. After all, he sort of trained himself to understand and not ridicule a lot of emotions considering the work he was into. "Hey, don't worry about it." He said at first, offering a reassuring smile before glancing away. "Yea, i've heard about that. It hasn't happened for me yet, which is slightly unfortunate but at the same time not really since I could go without anymore headaches. Moving in and setting up my shop was hard enough on my own, I don't know if I could handle anything else at this point." He shrugged, chuckling softly. "And sure, something of Arceus is something to get excited over... Is it odd then that I'm kinda neutral on the manner?" He asked, looking back up to Taavi before pausing. He was unsure of if what he was going to say next was necessarily safe to say, but it was a truth that he felt rather passionate about. "I mean really... I feel like getting excited or astonished over something like this is keeping all too close to the script. I understand if people have their reasons, and I know your excitement is pretty genuine but eh, i'm not going to easily believe the hype about it i've been hearing back 'home'. It feels like they just want to be excited... like a kinda of hollow joy with no other reasoning behind it." Getting that off his chest honestly felt a little good, albeit being said to someone who was still pretty much a stranger. He ran the fingers of the hand that had been placed behind his head through his hair for a moment, thinking about what to say next. "Sorry if that was a weird tangent to go off of. I wish you luck on getting to see it one day, i'm sure you'd enjoy it a lot." Jasper would nod, once more smiling as he laughed a bit. "I say what's on my mind a bit much, huh? I should really keep to myself."

<> Luxe noted after that statement, hopping onto his feet before walking over to sit next to Jasper. <> The Snivy pondered, looking up to his trainer before the gaze shifted back to the Braviary. <>

The Voice of Time

Shy Lover

7,950 Points

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:21 pm
The Voice of Time

"Haha," Taavi said, the laugh was a bit hollow and his smile looked distinctly strained. "No! I mean, um, it's not odd. I mean, I don't think anyone I know is all that excited about it. It's... I suppose it's a niche excitement really, err, other than just for a tourist kitsch sort of thing." Keeping too close to the script, getting too excited. Throwing his life away over something stupid. Sure Jasper said that he could see that his excitement was genuine but what did that count for? And what reason did he think people needed behind excitement? Why did he think that people back home had a hollow appreciation for it?

Why had he had to make such a fool of himself in front of a stranger?

"I, err, I was going to have lunch!" Taavi continued, big stiff smile still in place. "Maybe, err, have you had lunch? Would you like to share with me?" Maybe Jasper wouldn't remember him as 'that weird religious nut' if he shared his food and they talked about something else instead.

<> Valour replied with a bob of his head. <>

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces