[Fin] Very Fishy With a Side of Missiles Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:00 pm
Asgard's return to base pinged security, and in turn Aulus was pinged to go and meet him. He hurried and texted Tambery as he went. //Asgard's back already. Really quick?! Heading 2 collect then 2 training rms.// It was hard to text and walk quickly at the same time so he left it at that.

Outside the entrance he saw nothing out of the ordinary, not even a shimmer in the air. "Good job Fox," he muttered approvingly as a disembodied hand appeared and waved at him; he aimed the two pokeballs in its general direction before any more could be said by anyone and - once he had picked up the equipment that was revealed with the illusion vanished along with its creator - went back inside.

That had been really quick. Too quick.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:40 pm
Tambrey was, as usual, in the labs.
Not only because there was a lot of work to do, more or less constantly, in the labs, but also because, while Asgard was out, she'd decided to distract herself with the more complicated of the work she was assigned.

After three different methods had failed to produce the desired response (ectoplasmic cell tissue bonding to metallic cell tissue- she really needed something like a complete Honedge genome to work with but that would solve the need for experimentation almost entirely if, and when, they could duplicate it- still, a success would pave the way to higher initial yield rates should they get the chance to clone similar types).

Her 'dex alerted her to Aulus' message and, with a surprised blink, she found she agreed; that was fast.
It would be far useful to go and meet with him and Asgard now, she decided; one, because she was very curious as to what had been found and why Asgard had returned so fast, and two, because she didn't feel as though she'd made a lot of progress and focusing on another topic would likely aid her subconscious deal with the problem in the background.

// Which room? I'll finish and clean up here and meet you there.//  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:53 pm
//Room 7,// Aulus replied as he headed for the large room himself, shouldering random grunts out of his way in the halls if they didn't move fast enough and shooting them deadly glares over his shoulder as he strode on.

Once inside the training room he raised Asgard's pokeball - he hadn't let go of it - and activated it. "Well, what hap- what the hell happened?"

Asgard, who had some pretty impressive bitemarks on him, looked down at Aulus with an unimpressed expression. <>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:00 pm
Tambrey first had to safely store the experiment and save her notation data. The equipment, much as she didn't like to make messes and leave them for others, was left in the care of a grunt to sterilize and put away.

Gloves were disposed of, and the lab coat she'd been wearing was stored for laundry. It took a good ten minutes for her to be done and signed out of the labs and on her way, and though she hurried, she wasn't quite as bold at shouldering people and asking them to move as she traveled.

Fifteen or so minutes after receiving Aulus' message, but not out of breath (thank you training), Tambrey entered the training room...
"Sorry that took a... um. That took a while. Are those bite marks? Are you okay, Asgard?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:17 pm
<> the Lugia grumbled as Aulus went around spraying potion - hastily retrieved from his room - onto his wounds. <> Asgard didn't give a chance for the humans to respond before saying; <> Asgard of course didn't need to pause for breath, he paused only for effect. <>

Aulus stopped peering at Asgard's injuries and looked up at him. "You what?" He knew he hadn't been being paranoid!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:28 pm
Asgard might have launched into his story, but as soon as he had, Tambrey'd had the idea to take out her pad, launch a note app, and had tapped away, taking down the story 'ad verbatim' as she heard it.

Her eyebrows rose as she saw 'ten Sharpedo' but, as 'missiles' where mentioned, she stopped typing in surprise, before remembering that was a -very- important fact, and quickly finishing the sentence and saving the document, but leaving it open in case she should record more.
"... Missiles? Did they hit you?" Tambrey looked to Aulus, then to Asgard pondering if 'been better' had been a bit of an understatement, but surely Aulus would have noticed any wounds from a... missile, what ever kind or size projectile it had been... Still, she was concerned.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:36 pm
<> Asgard repeated, <> he gave the mental feeling of a frown, <>

"You did well," Aulus said hurriedly, reaching up to touch the Lugia's neck gently. "If I'd know things were going to be like that I wouldn't have sent you alone." He'd had a vague idea that there might be risk involved but not waves of Sharpeado and bloody missiles. "I'm just pleased you're in one piece."

<> Asgard replied, lowering his head so that Aulus could reach to touch it rather than just his neck. <>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:50 pm
Tambrey's eyes widened a little; proper missiles launched from something obscured in an unnatural fog.
Pokémon that didn't entirely seem to behave normally... Sharpedo...
There was a connection in her mind suddenly that she wasn't sure she liked...

"Um. Hrm." No. She paused. She'd have to think that through a little more before she voiced anything about it.
Tambrey settled on something else for the moment.
"It's good you made it back okay... I, um, guess you spent most of the time underwater? So, um, any thermal data from that isn't going to be very useful, I think..." She wasn't entirely sure about that; it wasn't her expertise, but she knew the basics of how the system worked... "But above water, maybe... The chemical sensors though..." Those results would, hopefully, be interesting.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:55 am
<> Asgard replied with a bob of his head and a bass squark. <>

"These missiles how big were they?" Aulus put in with a frown. "If they're big enough for you to call them 'missiles' then something fairly sizable must have launched them yes?" A boat? An airship?

<<...Missile sized?>> Asgard hazarded with a mental shrug. <>

"Right," Aulus nodded, "the weapons department should be able to ID them I'm sure...." Something out there had nearly blown Asgard up. He was going to find it and kill it, smash it, dismantle it; whatever happened to be appropriate. "I wonder if somebody launched those things or if Asgard tripped an auto defence mechanism."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:24 pm
"That's something else the, uh, weapons department will probably be able to tell us... Or, uh, at least tell us what's more likely." Tambrey mused with a frown.
"Shall we, uh, have a look now or," she approached, looking curiously toward the camera and sensor bundle "send the data to a drive? Um, watch the video on a screen?"
The chemical analysis would, of course, likely be best viewed downloaded from the equipment and easier read on a larger screen, but she supposed they'd get the gist of the video whether they played it back now or watched it somewhere larger.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:00 pm
"Let's put it on a screen," Aulus replied with a decisive nod. "We don't want to miss any details in the footage." There were the other sensors too of course but other than the thermal camera he doubted he'd have much of a clue what any of the results meant. "Once we've looked at the stuff I'll write up a report, and I'll let Claire know I've submitted it." If he copied her in on the report submission it might magically find its way to the top of the 'to look at' list for whichever clerical operative picked it up. Plus of course he was pretty sure Claire would want to know all the details, that too.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:07 pm
That seemed like the best suggestion, and sensible. If she remembered correctly, there was a way to display the readings taken in sync with the video, which would be much easier to make sense of on a bigger screen.

"Okay." She gave a nod, before asking the obvious question.
"Um. Where?" She looked around, they'd had movie nights in places like this, of course, but that involved setting up for projection and the training room wasn't entirely a private place.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:12 pm
"Hum...." Aulus looked around. "Shall we go back to our rooms?" He then looked over at Asgard apologetically. "If you don't mind going back in your ball for now. Sorry about this, I don't like to run off and leave you when you've just been shot at and mauled by a load of sharks."

<> Asgard replied with a snort. <>

Aulus nodded and gave the Lugia's neck a pat. "Alright, I will, and thanks."

Asgard huffed slightly and bumped his head gently against his trainer's before disappearing back into his pokeball when Aulus touched the button.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:20 pm
"Probably best..." Tambrey agreed, with an apologetic smile for the large fish-bird.
"Thank you, Asgard." She offered before he disappeared into his ball.
"Um. Maybe when he's healed he could go out again but, uh, just for his own stuff? You know, a reward? I, um, feel kind of bad that he nearly got blown up and, uh... All those bites..." Tambrey explained, then frowned as she turned toward the training room door.
"I think I'll transfer and load up Turing... If we, uh, give him a copy of the files to analyze, he might be able to produce a useful summary faster than we could."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:32 pm
Aulus winced in sympathy with the thought of the bites and nodded. "Yeah. To the other side of the island maybe, away from the missiles and the angry sharks. Knowing our collective luck though we'll run into some kind of fanatic sect of Yveltal that want to sacrifice us to the mighty bacon bird, and then on the way home we'll get chased by Rayquaza." It seemed that they just couldn't go anywhere without something awful happening, or without finding something unsettling. It was probably karma and no more than they deserved or some such hippy bullshit but that didn't mean he liked it.

"And right," Aulus nodded again, setting off beside his partner, "we could submit that analysis with the report? Might be a help to whoever's looking at it, I doubt whoever picks it up at first will be an expert in interpreting chemical readouts or whatever."

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff