Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Local talent [Lex & Taavi] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:22 pm
The landing was rather rougher than usual, his injured leg had buckled and through off his balance and he had been hard pressed not to land on his face. Lex sighed, rubbing a kink out of his left leg and brushed a bit of dirt from his jeans.

He could hear Howlback settling on a street lamp. He shrugged out of his flight jacket, folding it up and tucked it into his pack. Camphoreon was full of life and bustle and he wanted to enjoy his night off by listening to some local talent.

His pokeballs were secure on his belt and he had used temporary dye liberally dying his hair rich purple and straightening it. He wore his normal purple prosthetic eye, so they actually matched, a tad bit of eye shadow, and his usual piercings. A dusky grey silk button up shirt and black combat boots with steel toes. He wasn’t sure if there would be a mash pit but boots were always a good idea.

Lex handed the bag up to his crobat for safe keeping and headed into the city. There was a club somewhere around here that usually sponsored local gigs.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:30 pm
Gary had invited him to another gig, Taavi considered this a major win. It was probably a bit sad but he was happy to just be noticed and apparently welcome. He couldn't wear the same outfit as he'd worn last time though but he'd bought a t-shirt at the gig so he'd put that one - Hellenes was emblazoned across his chest, full of ancient Greek vibe - and this time he'd gone with the close fitted black pants of his former Ranger uniform. He had the same boots on - the tall brown walking boots - but he figured that was probably okay? Right?

A flurry of movement off to one side made Taavi turn quickly; Crobat! He would normally have stared after the pokemon rather than noticing its companion at first but the slight stumble caught his attention and as the guy wasn't far off he figured he ought to make sure he was okay. "Hey there," Taavi offered, walking over to Lex with a small smile. "Rough landing? You okay?" Oh! Well. Was he here for the gig? He looked like he might be with the boots, the makeup and the piercings and all.... What would he look like with piercings? Would they suit him?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:43 pm
"I'm fine, usually a bit more graceful on the landing part." Lex smile easily and nodded up to his crobat, who had some talons tucked into his backpack. "My crobat probably laughing at me though."

<> Howlback replied despite her trainer not being able to understand her. She bent a wing forward, grooming it a bit. <>

"Anyhow, I was hoping to watch some local bands tonight, you wouldn't know who is playing tonight and where would you?" Lex asked and paused before offering his hand. "Sorry, nearly forgot. I'm Sasha, nice to meet you."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:47 pm
Sasha? Taavi blinked, experiencing a moment of gender confusion. Sasha was a... girl's name right? He guessed the stranger could be a girl? Maybe? Um. Well it was none of his business anyway. "Um, hi Sasha," Taavi smiled and reached out to take the hand, resolving to avoid gendered pronouns if at all possible unless he got a steer from Sasha. "And there's bands playing at The Warehouse tonight, I was just on my way there. I'm going to see The Hellenes mainly," he gestured at his top, "but uh there's also Destiny Bond, The White Wednesdays, and Grasp the Thorn on. Oh! Um, sorry, and I'm Taavi, hi, nice to meet you!"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:25 pm
"The Warehouse? Thought they might have something," Lex gave a firm handshake, giving a slight click of his tongue stud against his teeth in thought."Don't know those bands, but then I haven't been in Camphoreon in a few months."

"Taavi, nice name, different," he nodded. "Don't mind if I tag along with you till we get there?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:10 pm
"Oh, heh, thanks," Taavi smiled, tucking a braid of hair behind his ear and shrugging slightly. "It's Finnish! I know I don't look very Finnish but...." Now he was just being socially awkward, wasn't he? Time to move on!

"But yeah! Um, sure," Taavi nodded, still smiling as he gestured vaguely up the street. "I'm sort of on my own tonight so it's not like you're interrupting anything. And I suppose we balance one another? With knowing stuff recently and less recently. Sort of. I only arrived in Camphoreon a... month and a half ago now... err... though it's really only the last week or so I've been checking out bands and stuff. One of my coworkers introduced me to his band last weekend and they've got another show - err, gig? - so...." Auto babble! Stoooop! Also was it gig or show? Was he embarrassing himself on that too? "So here I am," Taavi concluded with a little laugh and a shrug. "Sorry, um, auto babble."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:12 pm
"That is alright, I know I don't look very Russian," Lex said gently, giving a small smile at the other precedent to babble on-wards, providing him with a wealth of information.

"I think it can go either way, though I think show is more for concerts and gigs more for smaller places? Like coffee shops and bars," Lex mused and shrugged. "Auto babble is fine, it happens, it sort of cool that your coworker is in a band."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:22 pm
Taavi smiled, or rather he hadn't stopped smiling yet and though he was fidgeting with his hair still our of slightly anxious energy the smile was a genuine one. "Oh, you're Russian? That's cool!" That probably explained the name! Phew, one less thing to worry about. "And ah, that sounds about right? I guess show then? Or a big gig I guess. And yeah it really is! Um, they're doing well locally apparently so they might be able to go full time soon." He'd miss Gary if he went but he hoped that he did go, it wasn't like any of them were working at Meat Palace because it was a dream job.

"So um, do you just come into Camphoreon for the night life then Sasha?" Night life. He'd never really been involved in anything you could call a night life, the idea was exciting and exotic. This was a new place, right? Nobody knew him, he could do what he wanted to! Going to cool gigs could be part of his identity and nobody would say 'since when do you do stuff like that?' His mother would hate the idea of him going to listen to a band fronted by a man with half clipped hair and that made it even better.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:33 pm
"Most of the time, sometimes for the shopping. Occasionally, I can't find what I want online and they usually have it here." Lex motioned broadly. "Somewhere, Camphoreon like most large cities usually has everything, but it also tends to change quickly, things can come and go within a few months."

"And somethings you can't really buy online. So you just came to Kodo recently or just Camphoreon? I guess it can go either way, but have to ask since this is one of the major ports." Lex started to walk up the street. "Guess we should get there so we can have seats?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:39 pm
"I've heard the mall here's really good," Taavi nodded, setting off beside Sasha as he - right? - suggested they do so. "But yeah, the first one! I moved over from Hoenn, um I was a Ranger there. I came to see the Egg of Arceus actually but by the time I arrived they'd built that tower all around it. It's understandable I guess, they have to protect it, but I wish I'd got a chance to see it in person." With all the piercings and stuff he didn't think that Sasha was about to go judging people for making unconventional life choices.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:52 pm
"I haven't seen the Egg either and I live here," Lex chuckled and nodded. "Hey, I mean Hoenn is rather great, I been there for a few years? It was early, when I wanted to be a pokemon trainer and see every single one. " Lex paused thinking back.

"Yeah, but hey, sometimes you need a big change in your life. What is it like being a Ranger? Meet a few, but never really understood the appeal." Lex hummed slightly. "I like civilization a bit too much," he added as an after thought.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:00 pm
Well, okay, Sasha didn't see the appeal buuut he didn't make that sound like it made it awful? So that was okay then. "I loved it," Taavi replied, smoothing a hand back over his hair and beaming. "Every day is different; helping lost trainers, guarding rare nest sites, rounding up pokemon who've got where they shouldn't be and moving them on, making sure rights of way stay clear, and sometimes just watching and recording numbers and things like that. Most nights I'd go home to my apartment which - heh was approaching civilization I guess! - but there was usually one or two nights every couple of weeks where I'd need to camp out, loved that too. It was...." Taavi trailed off, his smile a little faded now as he shrugged. "Yeah, it was a really rewarding job."

He missed it, he missed it like mad. That didn't mean he regretted his choice though, the right thing to do was often hard and this was the right thing. He was sure it was the right thing... but he still missed his job, and his friends and.... But tonight was going to be a good night! And Sasha seemed nice, maybe they'd end up being friends?

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:35 pm
"Is that what you did? I always expected to involved a lot more camping out, like month long excursions in the middle of no where, without any running water or facilities." Lex made a face at the thought. He was good for a night or two, but weeks at a time. Tried it, did not want to do it again.

"You okay? Seem a bit homesick there." Lex shifted, looking at Taavi. "Guess your new job is not as fun as when you were a Ranger?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:54 am
"There were long trips sometimes," Taavi acknowledged with a wry grin and a shrug. "Loved those too, the big trips were always in groups so thee was a great atmosphere and we'd all bring our pokegears so we weren't out of touch with the world. Some people had laptops too! Heh, everyone missed hot showers though and I missed hairdryers." Taavi gestured to his mass of thick wavy black hair. "This lot dries pretty slowly on its own!... But yeah, I guess I am pretty homesick for it. Working at Meat Palace doesn't really compare." At all. He'd never been well paid as a ranger - it wasn't something anyone went into for the money - but he'd had enough to pay all the bills with a little left over most months for fun or savings, right now he was feeling guilty for coming out tonight even though Gary had given him a free ticket. It wasn't the money worries that were the worst part though, it was... Well everything else about the job; the dullness, the gross messes, the lack of respect, the uncertainty about his hours, the fact that his name badge said Mark.

"But moving away from friends and all is never easy I guess. I'm hoping to find something a bit more fulfilling soon," Taavi said with a slightly wan smile. "I don't think Kodo has rangers? From what other people have said. But. Um. Something to do with Pokémon would be fine... But you didn't ask to hear all that. Heh. Better stop before I born you to death with my whole life story!"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:34 pm
"No, none that I know of. We are rather small and a lot of things are still trickling in, we don't even have gyms." And you would think so one would start an unofficial gym in the area.

"It's okay, it actually interesting," Lex replied as they looked for the warehouse. "I'm guessing the Meat Palace is a restaurant? Lovely name," he said with a tad bit of sarcasm in his tone. "I can just imaging the charming atmosphere."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff