Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:13 pm
Training Room 13.

Clancy wasn't really superstitious but he was aware of the superstition, and more than anything, it amused him.
As far as he was concerned, this was his -lucky- day, and meeting Aulus in training room 13 was just a bloody fantastic location to meet what was making this is lucky day.

He already had the dark ball- he'd gone and picked it up earlier- and had restrained himself from meeting its occupant thus far, waiting for Aulus to be available, but now...

Now he was getting impatient, despite not having waited very long.

He'd gotten Clerval out to train, believing he'd lost again Lex's Joltik because he wasn't tough enough, and had him working on some automated training dummies....

But he was getting impatient.

He wasn't interested, wasn't really paying attention, to the Pikachu's efforts; his eyes kept roving back to the dark ball he'd placed on a bench, on top of his stuff...

Finally, he snapped, and walked toward it; he wanted to meet his monster...
His right hand reached for the ball, and the button...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:39 am
Aulus was not looking forward to this. At all.

He wasn't superstitious either but he didn't need the help of training room thirteen to know that this Boded. This was not for supernatural reasons of course, nope, this was for red-haired idiot shaped reasons. Ugh.

For this training session he had decided to bring along Tortie, Red, Paul, Discord, Killer, and Puck; between them they ought to be able to contain a pissed off Feraligatr without anyone getting hurt, including the Feraligatr. Poor damn Feraligatr, it could have been a perfectly normal Feraligatr but no, Clancy wanted himself a monster.

Aulus pushed open the door of the training room, a dark scowl already pulling his hard features into vicious lines. "Alright, let's get this over w-"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:58 am
Aulus happened to enter right as Clancy pushed the button to release the Feraligatr.
He was grinning, quite pleased, at the initial sight of the creature, which he got for all but a second before the water typed fixed him in her sights and roared, drenching him in spittle.

Even Clancy was smart enough that a pokémon roaring at him like that was probably not a friendly hello.

His smile froze and his eyes bugged, and he scrambled back- managing to drop the ball, quite literally, as he went- his eyes searching for the door...
But that was between him and his new pokémon.

"Bad gal! Lass, stay! Stop that!" He commanded the still growling and roaring, and lumbering after him water type. She registered two humans in the room and turned her head to look from Clancy to Aulus.

Clerval was staring, looking rather stunned to see just what kind of team mate Clancy had gotten him... He was stunned enough that he'd forgotten to use any attacks at first, but he did try a thundershock when it looked between the humans.
This caused the Feraligatr to look Clerval's way after suffering the shock; she'd felt it but... it had simply seemed to make her angrier.
Clerval edged toward where Clancy had just taken cover, ready to shock again, but not willing to let the water type get too close.

"See! Ya behave or the yella rat'll bloody shock you again!" Clancy called, before looking to Aulus from his position, now hidden behind one of the training dummies that Clerval had been using.
"Uh. I got me Furglador! Little 'elp?"

The Feraligatr decided to roar at Aulus, as if daring him.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:07 pm
Of course he'd let it out without waiting for supervision. Of course.

There was really only one way to deal with dark pokemon; Aulus glared up at the Feraligatr and roared back. The other thing he'd brought along in case of, well, something like this was his staff; fighting a dark pokemon himself was not high on his agenda but if it went for him then he was in a much better position to fend it off while his team acted if he had an electrified stick in his hand. Aulus took the staff off his belt with is left hand and extended it with the press of a button, and simultaneously took the first pokeball from the other side of his belt with his right hand and released its occupant.

Tortie appeared in a flash of light, took quick stock of the situation and snarled at the Feraligatr, hackles raised and fangs bared.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:17 pm
Clancy looked nonplussed.
"What th' 'ell ya doin'?! Don't jus' shout at the bloody thing!" Oh. He wasn't. There was one of them... things like he had...
"OH! Them things can take 'em on?!"

Suddenly Cobalt was out too.
Her eyes widened at the sight of a dark Feraligatr.
<< Oh my... What has the idiot done?>> She crouched and added her snarl alongside Tortie's.

Emboldened by the two Absols now in the room, Clerval darted out too to stand with, but a little back from, them; ready to add his help.
Clancy remained behind the training dummy.

The angry water type looked enraged at the roar from the human and went to take a step toward Aulus... when suddenly there was an Absol. Snarling.

And another Absol...

And that Pikachu was back.

She roared angrily and tried to swipe her tail at Tortie.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:31 pm
Aulus turned his dagger-sharp glare onto Clancy for just a moment before looking back at the dangerous thing. "You wanted a dark pokemon? You got it, and the only way you're every going to control it is by making it respect you so get your sorry arse over here will you?"

<> Tortie replied to the other Absol. <really lucked out getting this one for a trainer.>> As the tail came towards her Tortie sprang out of the way but didn't return the attack, she hadn't been told to yet so - much as she wanted to give the beast a seeing to - she'd hold off for now.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:48 pm
"Yeah! I got 'er! But she's so bloody... angry! Wot th' 'ell's wrong with her?" Clancy called back, tentatively creeping out from behind the dummy... He could edge along the wall to get over there, he thought... The water type was clearly pretty occupied with the pokémon for now.

<<... Yes. He's not-oops,>> Cobalt ducked to allow the tail to swing overhead << He's not a smart one. I don't believe he's given me a correct attack yet... Oh, no, he got 'bite' but I think that might have been accidental.>>

<< Shouldn't we be listening for him in case he tells us to attack more?>> Clerval piped up, almost reprimanding Cobalt; he didn't like Clancy either, but he always tried to obey anyway.

The, as-yet-unnamed, water beast gave another roar and swiped her tail again, then roared, building up a rage attack.

<>
Clerval groaned. << Could we not reason with her? She's supposed to be on our team...>> He did not get, nor like, this 'dark ball' thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:32 pm
"I told you!" Aulus snarled at Clancy, reaching to his belt to select another pokeball; Killer appeared and surveyed the brewing fight with apparent glee. "I told you what they were like, but were you listening? No, you bloody weren't were you? This is what a dark pokemon is; rage, violence, and that is all they can ever be. The best you can hope for is to gain its respect by proving to it that you're stronger than it is and that by listening to you it gets to fight more." It was the thoughtlessness that enraged him more than anything else. Oh he didn't like people who chose to have a dark pokemon but if they understood what they were doing he could at least come close to squaring it with himself. This idiot? He just hadn't listened, hadn't cared about anything else once he'd heard 'powerful'.

<> Tortie agreed with Cobalt snidely with an unimpressed glance at Clancy. <yet,>> she continued to Clerval. <>

As the pokemon spoke Aulus considered vaguely that he should have brought Rose or Juno along, he'd got used to translations and so not knowing what was being said was a bit unsettling. Still, he trusted Tortie to be talking sense. "Come on then," he snapped a Clancy with a jerk of his head at the raging water type, "direct your pokemon to fight her. And you can stop worrying about your own hide, Killer there will protect you from any attack that comes your way. Right Killer?"

Killer sighed slightly. <> He'd much rather join in with the fight but apparently that was not an option.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:16 pm
"How the bloody 'ell?! I'm s'posed to prove I'm strong than that?! I 'ate to say this I ain't bloody anywhere near as bloomin' strong as a Fargybargy!"

He was, at least, somewhat listening to Aulus though, and heard the bit about directing his pokémon to beat her...
"OH! That kinda strong! I can bloody do that a'right! Clerval, 'nother shocky thing! Cobalt, uh... Bite!"

<< You know, I don't think he actually /remembers/ my other attacks...>> Cobalt sighed, before lunging, and then drawing back, just before the Pikachu sent a Thundershock at the beast.

<< We have to listen to him because he's the boss; we were put with him, so we obey him...>>

<< Speak for yourself! If he tells me something stupid, I ignore it...>>

<>

<>

The Feraligatr hadn't fainted yet, but she hadn't enjoyed the attacks, and was now directing her rage attack at Cobalt, who was sent sprawling, but was quickly back up, if a little further back from the water type now.

"I think I bloody weakened 'er!" Clancy called, a little confident suddenly, as though it really had been -him- doing the attacks...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:34 pm
Why had he agreed to this? What had possessed him to agree to training a man who couldn't even remember the names of very simple attacks, or even his own pokemon! "Don't get cocky," Aulus growled, "she's using Rage, that attack gets stronger when she takes damage so the more your team hits her the harder she'll hit back." He didn't bother to take his eyes off the battle in order to look at Clancy when he said that, the sight of the man's face might put him on the point of a rage attack of his own right now.

Tortie snorted, keeping her distance from the fight. <> she asked of the other Absol, choosing to ignore the Pikachu.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:50 pm
"Ooh! That sounds bloody awesome!" Clancy missed the point entirely, and flinched, just about keeping himself from diving back behind cover, when the Feraligatr roared his way.
They just had to beat her and then she'd behave and he'd put her back in her ball... Ball. Where was the ball?
At the opposite wall, resting beneath the bench, where it had rolled, was the ball...
Clancy had a thought.
"She ain't jus' actin' out 'cuz I dropped 'er bloody ball on ground is she? Oh! You two! Do ya Thundery thing 'gain, and give 'er 'nother bite!"

<< Another bite... Of course. I actually have Feint, Quick Attack, and Pursuit at my disposal but he wants Bite. Always Bite.>> Still, she supposed that was probably what she'd have chosen anyway, and acted to deliver.

Clerval gave a satisfied nod, seeing it as her 'obeying instructions', and then delivered his own Thundershock.

The Feraligatr roared in anger.. and wobbled. And wobbled again. She shook her head furiously though, as though using the anger as fuel, hanging on to the last bit of energy.
Her rage attack lashed out, claws and tail furiously sweeping.
Cobalt dodged, alarmed, but Clerval didn't realize just how far the tail swipe would reach, and was hit across the room.

"Ain't no time for bloody lyin' down, yella rat! She ain't down yet!"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:02 pm
Aulus winced in sympathy as the Pikachu was hurled across the room and shot a dark look at Clancy's apparent lack of concern. "Respect goes both ways you know," he snapped. And what irked him about this was that he could tell - despite the crappy treatment - the poor damn Pikachu was doing its best. Clancy didn't deserve it but he supposed it was good that the poor 'yella rat' was doing it all the same. "And no, she's not," he concluded with a shake of his head and a disdainful curl of his lip. Perhaps he should get himself a pokemon with Heal Pulse for sessions like this, he was pretty sure none of his current team could learn it. Humm, a Lucario maybe? He could do with a steel type and it would be another pokemon he could understand-

And he'd think about that later on, once this damned session was over. The Feraligatr didn't look like it would be on its feet much longer but it would be damn embarrassing to get himself hurt just before it went down, stay focused.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:23 pm
"Aye I know! 'S bloody awful!" Clancy 'agreed' with Aulus regarding respect going both ways.

Clerval shook his head as he got up, looking a little dazed. It had been quite a hard hit and quite a flight, and he was only in little better shape than the Feraligatr now.

"Get it again!"

The Pikachu heard and directed one last Thundershock toward the big crocodile-like pokémon.

Cobalt, understanding just how weakened the beast was, took a step back. And then another. Just in case. She didn't want to be 'taken out' when it fell.

The angry blue starter evolution roared in pain, anger, and frustration as the thundershock took the last of her energy.
She lashed her tail, snarled, swiped her claws, and fell forward, finally unable to go any further.

Clancy looked wide-eyed at the beast, but didn't approach.
"Blimey..."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:18 am
"What?" He had no idea what Clancy was on about with 'it's bloody awful' but he didn't have any time to worry about that right now.

What next? He'd never actually... well he'd never trained a dark pokemon himself, though he'd interacted with Claire's dark Charizard. 'Interacted'. It was that thing that had destroyed his last staff. It had sunk its fangs into Claire's arm and would probably have shredded him if his pokemon hadn't intervened swiftly after he'd hit it in the face with his staff.

Aulus exhaled slowly and turned to Clancy. "Well, that's a start." A start. "I think the best thing to do to move forward is to start showing it that when it listens to you, it gets to fight. For that... maybe I can get hold of some kind of restrains for the next session, or you just call it back to its pokeball whenever it doesn't listen to what you say. Call it back for now and take it to be healed. After that you'll want to feed it, there's a training room with platforms above a pit that you can use to do that without getting assaulted."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:41 am
"Respect. Bloody 'avin' it go both. 'S a hassle." Clancy replied, still staring at the big water type before he was prompted to return her to her ball.
He crossed the room, almost scurrying, really, to where the ball had rolled, quickly activating it and calling the downed Feraligatr back.

"Restraints, 'ey? How we gonna get 'em on her though? D'ya think callin' her back'd work well 'nuff?" His eyes widened as he was told he should feed it, though.
"'S even that safe? She ain't gonna bloody fire water at me t' knock me down 'r summat is she? Shouldn't I name 'er first 'r summat? Ain't that one o' them weird trainer-bondin' things?"

Clerval breathed a sigh of relief and, heavily, sat down, looking rather concerned.
<< I do not look forward to workin' with her...>>

<< She certainly doesn't seem like much of a team player.>> Cobalt agreed, but seemed less concerned.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff