Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Past & Inactive Profiles
Marcus Alden Bennet - Student (APPROVED) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:56 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:10 am
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Thank you for your patience. I have read your profile and this is my review:

1) Knowledge of pokemon: I saw that you gave him a large amount of knowledge on pokemon so much that people in his town are calling him a "Pokedex". The point of this guild is to teach the students about pokemon so having your character enter the academy (especially at the age of 11) already knowing about pokemon defeats the purpose of the guild. This means that you must remove this strength from his profile anywhere that it is mentioned. I do not mind if he reads about nature and is knowledgeable there so long as its believable.

2) Pokemon: You mention that his mother helped him catch a pokemon, but the pokemon section is empty so please fill that section.

3) Grammar: Overall, grammar-wise, its look pretty good, but there are some words that are not written properly such as "thou" and "observ". So please go over your profile and do some spell checking.

Thank you once again for your patience and welcome to Ordell Academy ^^ once you have completed these changes then quote me or if you have some questions then you may quote me as well.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:12 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Shadow of Miracles
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

1) Knowledge of pokemon: I saw that you gave him a large amount of knowledge on pokemon so much that people in his town are calling him a "Pokedex". The point of this guild is to teach the students about pokemon so having your character enter the academy (especially at the age of 11) already knowing about pokemon defeats the purpose of the guild. This means that you must remove this strength from his profile anywhere that it is mentioned. I do not mind if he reads about nature and is knowledgeable there so long as its believable.

2) Pokemon: You mention that his mother helped him catch a pokemon, but the pokemon section is empty so please fill that section.

3) Grammar: Overall, grammar-wise, its look pretty good, but there are some words that are not written properly such as "thou" and "observ". So please go over your profile and do some spell checking.

Thank you once again for your patience and welcome to Ordell Academy ^^ once you have completed these changes then quote me or if you have some questions then you may quote me as well.

His knowledge of pokemon isn't really unbelievable. It''s kind of like when children are interested in history or science and so know more than kids in their grade due to watching documentaries or asking questions because they're more interested in it.
Would I be able to keep it if I specify that he knows more than some kids his age but still has a lot to learn? ( cause he kinda does, he's eleven..there's only so many documentaries and books he's had time for) It's a really big part of who he is, and his main interest, he pretty much came to the Academy to enrich and build on that. I'd be willing to tone it down if I can keep it a strength/interest.

I'm also not sure how to fill out the pokemon section and didn't want to break any rules, what level should the pokemon be? What should the experience be? And what moves are allowed?

I will fix the grammar, and thank you for the welcome smile

If the implication of giving him knowledge about pokemon is to make him smart then he does not need to come to the academy already knowing about pokemon. I'm sorry, but I'm against the idea of students coming in with that kind of knowledge about pokemon. Rather than have him enter the academy already knowing about pokemon I'd rather you RP him studying and taking an interest in pokemon. It would make the experience better for your character.

My judgement still stands. You must remove your character having any knowledge about pokemon that is above normal. You can say that he's very interested in learning about pokemon and hopes that by entering the academy he'll be able to achieve that goal. We do have a Library and as a student he's more than welcome to use it and study there 3nodding

The rules clearly state the procedure for choosing your pokemon including what level the pokemon needs to be in and the moves that are allowed. Please read over the rules once more to get the necessary information.

Quote me once the changes have been made thank you 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:57 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Shadow of Miracles
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Shadow of Miracles
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

His knowledge of pokemon isn't really unbelievable. It''s kind of like when children are interested in history or science and so know more than kids in their grade due to watching documentaries or asking questions because they're more interested in it.
Would I be able to keep it if I specify that he knows more than some kids his age but still has a lot to learn? ( cause he kinda does, he's eleven..there's only so many documentaries and books he's had time for) It's a really big part of who he is, and his main interest, he pretty much came to the Academy to enrich and build on that. I'd be willing to tone it down if I can keep it a strength/interest.

I'm also not sure how to fill out the pokemon section and didn't want to break any rules, what level should the pokemon be? What should the experience be? And what moves are allowed?

I will fix the grammar, and thank you for the welcome smile

If the implication of giving him knowledge about pokemon is to make him smart then he does not need to come to the academy already knowing about pokemon. I'm sorry, but I'm against the idea of students coming in with that kind of knowledge about pokemon. Rather than have him enter the academy already knowing about pokemon I'd rather you RP him studying and taking an interest in pokemon. It would make the experience better for your character.

My judgement still stands. You must remove your character having any knowledge about pokemon that is above normal. You can say that he's very interested in learning about pokemon and hopes that by entering the academy he'll be able to achieve that goal. We do have a Library and as a student he's more than welcome to use it and study there 3nodding

The rules clearly state the procedure for choosing your pokemon including what level the pokemon needs to be in and the moves that are allowed. Please read over the rules once more to get the necessary information.

Quote me once the changes have been made thank you 3nodding

Well he's already developed an interest, but I made it so that he didn't really have the resources to learn, aside from his mother's stories that is and she's not really a professor. She's a ranger.
Sorry about that I couldn't find the rule about pokemon..I kinda figured level 5 because that's what all the students have.
He now has only interest, no extraordinary knowledge, just the basics.

Thank you for making the changes. I noticed that you mention he has pretty good endurance. You even mentioned it twice and I'm a little hesitant about what this might mean. I will trust that you use your judgement and not make having "high endurance" give him some kind of edge over others or give him some unbelievable skills for his age.

Reading that you were not able to find the Pokemon section on the rules even though the rules clearly has a Pokemon section tells me that you have not read the rules in its entirety. I cannot approve the profile of a member that has not read and understood the rules.

The pokemon section is incorrect, please go back to the Rules page which is found in the main forum. and read everything. I will guarantee you that there is a section there that explains the pokemon students are allowed to bring to the academy.

I apologize if my reply comes off a little strong, but I need to be sure that all my members understand the rules and I cannot hold people's hands and answer all their questions when we have already created topics that explain things on the guild.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:51 pm
User ImageG E N E R A L - I N F O R M A T I O N

Username:
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
Name: Marcus Alden Bennet
Sexual Orientation: unknown
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Height: 4' 6''
Weight:87 lbs

P E R S O N A L - I N F O R M A T I O N

Personality: Marcus spent a lot of time alone growing up and so is fairly independent. A bit on the extroverted side, he'll usually be the one to strike conversation with you. He can be very focused on what's in front on him, and can be known to ignore everything else when he concentrates on something, especially when it comes to nature. He's fairly amiable and quick to make friends, thou sometimes he can go days without talking to people. He tends to wander and isn't really used to answering to people about his whereabouts.
      Strengths:
      Knowledge about Nature: Marcus spent a lot of time in the Eterna forest and often asked his mother for books and stories about her work, it's part of the reason he came to the Academy. He's particularly interested in pokemon, and their behavior. His grandparents also work at a herb shop so he has some basic knowledge of that.
      Amicable: Although he can be described as an omnivert ( someone who carries both introvert and extrovert traits) Marcus is anything but antisocial, he gets along with people easily and likes working with people
      Endurance: Due to treks and walks he often went on in Eterna Forest while growing up Marcus is a fairly resilient kid. He's also been trekking in Pewter city when he visited his grandparents on his mother's side.
      Rational: While he gets angry and upset like any other kid his age, Marcus is fairly good at not letting things get to him and act rationally in spite of his feelings.

Weaknesses: Because he spent so much time observing nature and pokemon around Eterna city his knowledge of other things is subpar. Literature in particular is hard for him.
      Because he' so independent, Marcus tends to try to handle things on his own, he's unlikely to ask for help even when he needs it.
      While very amicable Marcus doesn't really open up to people easily.

Biography:
      Marcus was born to a pokemon Ranger and a construction worker. His grandparents worked at the Herb shop and were the first generation of their family to settle in Eterna. His grandmother had gone on a pokemon journey and would often tell Marcus tales of their travels. His mother was a poke-ranger, while she stayed at home, her and Marcus' dad fought a lot so his mom took to traveling a lot. His father for his part would work a lot and so Marcus was left to his own devices from a fairly early age. He has a sister and two half brother who he hasn't seen in a while, due to his mother's dislike of them. Marcus knows, due to his father keeping in contact with them, that one is married, while the other is a breeding teacher.

While home was less than ideal sometimes Marcus does have good memories of his early childhood and is fairly family-oriented. He would spend days reading books his mother got him and visiting his grandparents at the herb shop and helping out there. He would also go fishing with his father or grandfather as a child, though that he was a fairly inquisitive child and both his parents and grandparents encouraged that. He was also known for wandering into the Eterna forest on his bike, sometimes taking one of his father's pokemon but sometimes just by himself. He found that he loved observing wild pokemon and learning about them.His mother was originally from Pewter city and would take him on trips there to visit his maternal grandparents. After seeing how interested he was in learning about pokemon and the fighting at home increased, his family decided to enroll him in Ordell. Marcus was also told he would get to know his half brother who is a teacher at the Academy, when he found out about this Marcus was determined to attend Ordell and the class his brother taught. He is a bit nervous having never really talked to the man but is looking foward to it and the oportunities the Academy will bring. His mother helped him catch a slakoth he had befriended in Eterna forest, and he named it Valiant.

Hometown: Eterna City
        ↦Nature, and being outdoors
        ↦Fishing
        ↦Chai Lattes

Dislikes:
        ↦Getting up early
        ↦Talking about home
        ↦rigid schedules

S C H O O L - I N F O R M A T I O N

House: Kingdra
      Dorm Room:
      Elective Classes:
      - Morning: Outdoor Class
      - Afternoon: Technology & Science Class

Clubs: Photography Club
      Research Club
      Supernatural Club

Goals: To travel to the great Marsh in Pastoria and observe and study the pokemon and their enviroment.
      To get to know his brother.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:08 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Thank you for making all the appropriate changes and for being so patient.

Your profile is officially approved 3nodding since classes have begun unfortunately your character cannot post at the moment. I will let you know once you are able to post 3nodding

Since you decided you bring your own pokemon then it will have one heart filled. I will be posting your character in the student roster as well as assign him a House and room.  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:04 am
┈━═User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Pokemon TeamUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.═━┈

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Valiant

Friendship Points: User Image

Level:5
Nature:Relaxed
Ability:Truant
Experience:0
Move Set:

►Yawn
►Scratch

Phillip

Pokemon: Ducklett

Level:9
Nature:Mild
Ability:Big Pecks
Move Set:

►Water Gun
►Water Sport
►Defog
►Wing Attack

Squeeze

Pokemon: Ekans

Level:6
Nature:Mild
Ability:Intimidate
Move Set:

►Wrap
►Leer
►Poison Sting

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:51 am
┈━═User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.InventoryUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.═━┈

► P O K E B A L L S :
        ↦ -

► M E D I C I N E :
        ↦10 Rare Candies
        3 rare candies 1 Rare Candy
        ↦4 Rare Candy

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :
        ↦ poke-gear

► M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
        ↦ Charizard plushie
        ↦ Flygon plushie
        ↦Salamance Plushie

Inventory Log
Used 2 candies on Phillip the Ducklett
11 Rare candies.

Previous
Used first great ball to capture Phillip the Duck.

Used Pokeball to capture Squeeze the Ekans

Obtained 4 rare candies from timeskip
15 total rare candies  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:26 am
♩♪♫♬♭ Playlist ♩♪♫♬♭

▶ ▷ Moonlight

▶ ▷ What kind of pokemon are you?

▶ ▷ Home

▶ ▷ Little Toy Guns  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:11 am
┈━═☆Lesson Panner☆═━┈

Year ⓵

Outdoor Class: Learned to Build a Fire

Tech & Science:

Year ⓶

TBA  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:20 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

I wanted to let you know that you will be able to post your character once we reach the afternoon phase of the day.

This phase begins once Afternoon Classes finish which will be this Monday in the afternoon. There are some conditions which I will outline here:

1) Your first post must be in either the Lamia Train Station or the Academy Train Station. This is your character arriving at the district/academy and it must be done.

2) You cannot say that your character has been present in the academy all along. The post from "1)" above is your character's first time arriving.

3) Please make sure to follow the proper transportation procedures (if you've read the rules and read this page you should know what this means)

4) After posting your arrival post then you may post anywhere you want on the On-Campus forum (if you decided to post in the Academy train station) or Lamia district (if you decided to post in the Lamia Train station).

Thank you for your patience 3nodding and welcome to Ordell Academy.  
››››››››› Past & Inactive Profiles

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff