[prp] Training session [Aulus & Oliver][Fin] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:30 pm
Pokemon training wasn’t something that Oliver had ever really focused on. He had found the idea of collecting gym badges asinine and well, he had been more focused in his studies to get into his dream job. Which was gone, and he was in this ill-fitting, eye searing uniform, and was now had a training evaluation which made his headache.

Yay.

He had got to the training room early to take in what was offered, including poking about the complex computer system. He hummed, bringing up equipment and after examining it, put it back where it had come from, and continued steadily down the list.

His pokemon on the other hand was mostly clustered at his side, though Citrine the Galvantula was hoovering right above the door frame, idly grooming her legs.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:04 pm
So.

Oliver Sinclair, codename Slick. Twenty four years of age, had come in with a few pokemon of his own. Aulus flicked a bit further down the screen on his arm to scan the other basic information available to him but he closed it down as he exited the stairwell and headed along the hall to the training room where they'd be meeting.

Today the Agent was as much in uniform as he ever was outside super official things where the jacket and such was mandatory, i.e. he had on the standard issue trousers and boots but he was wearing a black vest instead of the normal top half. It was kind of hard to use his arm-screen with a jacket, he reasoned if asked, but frankly he'd never liked the bloody things anyway.

Now though, was he going to be dealing with a complete prat today or somebody with a few brain cells to rub together? Only one way to find out; Aulus opened the door to the training room, stepped inside, and gave the room and its occupants a quick once over. The guy already had some - all? - of his pokemon out, including a floating Galvantula and they were mostly clustered around him, which said a few things and of itself.

With his cursory glance around complete Aulus turned his gaze back onto the new trainee himself. "Trainee Slick I assume?" he asked, keeping his tones neutral for the time being; he could activate arsehole mode if necessary later on.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:20 pm
Oliver didn't look up as the door slid open, taking a moment to pull up weather simulations and pondered how hail would worked in the training room and what the possible clean up would detail if he played with it. He looked up and nodded. "Citrine, down please, and yes that would be me."

Citrine sighed and spool a bit more webbing and let it go, dropping down and swung herself slightly to the side till she had legs on the floor and gave a cheerful chirp at the other before joining her clade.

"Have you ever used the weather simulations?" He questioned, regretfully stop scrolling through the options to give Aulus his full attention. "Sir."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:30 pm
Rookie wasn't used to a chain of command it seemed, the offhand manner and the belated sir didn't smack of deliberately rude but neither did they indicate any kind of discipline.

Aulus raised an eyebrow at the delivery of the greeting but opted to say nothing; so far some harmless, and he'd learned the hard way over the years that jumping straight down people's throats seldom achieved the results he wanted. "I'm Agent Aulus. You can call me Agent Aulus, Agent, or Sir and yes; I've used everything the training rooms have to offer on many occasions. You're interested in the place's capabilities?" A techie perhaps? He didn't smack of nerd; the trainee was a good head shorter than Aulus himself but looked pretty fit.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:42 pm
“It is not my specialty, but what I have skimmed so far makes this training room a rather technological marvel, sir,” he admitted. “I am rather intrigued on it capabilities.” Oliver glanced at the arm but did not comment on it . Though it was an interesting adaptation of the available technology and he was starting to see that Team Rockets technologies were much more ahead of the curve then what he had been used to.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:14 am
Okay, so the guy talked a little fancy but almost in an awkward way? Like it was putting it on a bit - intrigued on its capabilities? - or maybe he was misjudging there. They'd see in time he supposed and if the little runt felt the need to overplay his language then it was no skin off his nose. "Our tech is pretty impressive," Aulus agreed with a nod and a slight gesture with his metallic hand. "From training rooms through prosthetics and innovative security systems on the 'tech' side and then the labs with their innovations in cloning and altering pokemon we're a long way ahead of anything you'll find on the law abiding side of life. What is your speciality then? I see you've already got a few pokemon, do you train much?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:38 pm
Okay, that answered nothing outside of we have robotics and genetics labs and all the mad scientists you could ever dream off working with. Oliver managed to keep from sighing in disappointed and paused.

"No, not much." Which was probably the wrong answer but true. "And chemistry, I want to work in medical creating anti-venom or demolitions, sir."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:47 am
"Uh-hu," Aulus nodded to Oliver's statement as he opened up the screen on his arm, pulled his session notepad up and tapped in the information. "Fine," he continued, now looking over at the trainee again, "You know the basics though? Status conditions, that type advantages and weaknesses exist? Not patronizing you by the way, we've had a few come in recently who didn't know those things, or how battles and training work.... Chemistry hu? My partner works in the labs - genetics - and she's friendly with a chemist. If you want to know more about that department I can ask him to meet with you, guy named KO. I don't know if he's into demolitions but still, somewhere to start."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:48 pm
"That would be appreciated, thank you, sir." Oliver gave a thoughtful noise, chewing over the information.

"Status conditions yes, I can't recall all the moves that lead to those conditions but I can diagnose them when in use. Type Advantages and Weaknesses... I know Corri and Citrine's, my Cottonee and Galvantula's well. I'm still working on Fireflies and Sucroses."He paused. "Most of Fireflies, my Flareons. Sucrose my Absol I just got." Yesterday? Surely not that long ago. "I'm still figuring out her move set, sir."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:17 am
Okay, not too bad then, and honestly he couldn't imagine anyone being a tough student after Clancy. "Right," Aulus nodded and made a couple more notes on his arm, more for the look of the thing than out of need.

"What do you mean by figuring out?" he asked once he'd finished. "Do you mean getting used to, or working out what they are? You can check them on your 'dex."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:26 pm
"Mostly in getting use to. Sucrose has Magic Coat and Pursuit which are new to me. Pursuit is an attack and has a possibility to double, so it isn't too much of a different then what I'm use to." Oliver leaned over to scratch the Absol's ears. "It is just remembering that she has a reflective move and what it reflects."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:50 pm
"Mmh," Aulus nodded, "useful for when a trainer's trying to recall an injured pokemon; ruthless but effective." Those were the watchwords of TR he supposed, unpleasant though it was there was no getting away from it. "Magic Coat effects status conditions, both volatile statuses and non-volatile, with a couple of exceptions," Aulus frowned as he tried to remember them, he didn't have a pokemon with Magic Coat himself but- "I'm pretty sure those are Teeter Dance and Memento. Anyway though, did you have any questions you wanted to ask?" Orientation didn't always cover all of a recruits questions and new ones often occurred to them afterwards, they certainly had to him not least of which had been 'what the hell have I done?'  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:38 pm
How much did I ******** up my life? Oliver shifted, pressing against the warm side of his newest pokemon fingers carding the warm fluff in thought. "Mega Stones but that more of a Pokemon question then an orientation question." He frowned.

"Is there any sort of martial arts group that meet up regularly, sir."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:52 pm
Aulus gave Oliver a slightly puzzled look; "I asked if you had any questions, that doesn't restrict you to orientation. What do you need to know about Mega Stones? As for your other question though, yes as a matter of fact I run beginner and intermediate classes twice a week and there's an advanced session once a week. Karate was the discipline I grew up learning so it's based around that but it's moved away from the sport into more of 'mixed martial arts to actually ******** up your opponent'. If you're interested in coming along the next session is Thursday night at seven pm, training room one. Have you got any experience yourself?" It was a little hard to tell under the shapeless uniform but he'd hazard a guess that Oliver was pretty fit so it was possible he did.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:53 pm
Oliver idly rubbed at the newest scars pockmarking his hands in a growing nervous habit. "Ahh... and yes, my foster father taught Jujutsu and a few other disciplines. I'm also working with learning spike chain techniques, though I am rusty, sir." College had taken a lot more time then planned though he had found time to keep in decent shape and practice of the forms.

Thursday, training room one, at seven.

"Sucrose, if I can get my hands on one can use it just .... how do they work," He question an edge of frustration in his voice. "Its a form of evolution but it is temporary and I believe requires touch..." He couldn't remembered for sure but he thought evolutionary stones needed to be touched and he thought Mega needed contact to retain? remain in that form and ugh, pokemon at times were confusing.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff