Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Where'd You Pick That Up? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:11 am
It had been a very busy time lately for a Rocket Elite; Old base explodes, new base set up, outposts to kick into shape, other branches in other regions to bring up to speed, all on top of normal science-y duties. Nyx had finally had enough--or someone had enough of Nyx--Either way, she ended up taking a day or two off.

The fluffy white haired scientist was dressed up like a civilian today; Yellow sweater dress, leggings, calf-high heeled boots. No lab coat on days off. Nyx wandered around 'relaxing' in the park until she found a suitable bench in the park. She sat, crossed her legs, took out a notebook from her purse, and began going over her notes.

Just because they wouldn't let her in the labs didn't mean she couldn't do some work.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:22 am
For his own sanity, Mau had started up his garden again. The seedlings he'd gotten while out with KO had been potted and were doing well. But they needed more light then he could get from the florescent bulbs in his room. Mau hit up the hydroponics stores for growing lights. It was the end of the growing season, so most of the stuff was on sale. Perfect time to get them! He indulged in a few more plants too. He had a bag in each hand, one with a couple desk lamps and lightbulbs, the other with a box of seedlings. On his shoulder, his chatot, Ten, was perched and happily looking around.

Mau was in his gardening clothes. No suits, slacks, or vests today. It was roughed up jeans and a black tshirt with a wine colored scarf and a burnt orange zippered hoodie. Mau was cutting through the park as a shortcut, and also, hopefully being out with people wold help the chatot learn... more useful, and tasteful, words. There weren't as many people out as he'd been expecting, but it was quite a crisp day. A flock of pidgy suddenly took off as a child ran around, and that drew his eyes to a white fluff. Mau passed it off as a cottonee, and continued walking. Ten, however, decided to investigate. The parrot took off from Mau's shoulder and landed on the other side of some maintained hedges, on the back of a bench.

"Tot." The bird started. "Hey pretty mama. Chat!"  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:30 am
"Excuse you--" Nyx said, turning her head slightly to look indignantly at whoever was making those words at her. She paused when she saw the parrot pokemon, her scowl turning into a grin and a chortle. "Well hello there, cutie." She reached out to pat the bird on the head.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:34 am
Mau was startled when the bird took off like that. But before he could say anything, it went after the... cottonee? He blinked as it talked and then was REALLY startled when the pokemon turned and was actually a woman. Oh s**t.

"Hey sexy lady." Ten fluffed his feathers up at the pat and seemed pleased as punch at the attention.

"Oh arceus!" Mau walked over to the hedge behind the bench and leaned forward slightly. "I'm sorry, is he bothering you?" He asked, trying to get a look at this person. The hair... the fact that it was a woman, it couldn't be the one person he wanted it to be... could it?  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:43 am
"Only in the most technical sense." Nyx giggled at the bird's cat calls. "Its kind of cute." She shrugged as she turned to face the owner of the chatty pokemon. Her face froze with an amused expression for a moment as her brain processed the visual information she was being given, then shifted to slightly perplexed, a brief flash of excitement, and then to contemplative.

No words.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 am
Whoa. Who spoke like that? The way she spoke, even the way she sounded was too familiar... And then she looked at him. Mau's jaw clenched. He was older, obviously, from the last time they'd seen each other. He sported a little bit of scruff on his chin and jaw, and his hair was neatly cut, but still the tell tale navy and purple it always was, though there were a couple threads of gray. Not that he'd admit it.

He stared at the woman before him in silence, his blood-honey eyes shifting between joy and confusion. Ten broke the silence.

"Up with miniskirts!"  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:50 am
One of her eyebrows raised as the bird spoke. "Is that right?" She said slowly in reply.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:53 am
Mau set down his bags and reached for Ten's pokeball. The bird looked at him and tilted his head. "Return." Mau sighed. The bird opened it's beak.

"Fu-" and then he vanished into the red light and back into the pokeball. Mau just stood there a moment, staring at Nyx, then looking at the pokeball.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:57 am
"Two years..." Nyx tilted her head, a look of smug disapproval on her round face. "And that's what you've been doing?" The tiny scientist uncrossed her legs and stood slowly, placing her hands sassily on her hips.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:00 am
"What?" Mau blinked in surprise. "What I've been..." His mind was racing, and proverbial smoke was coming out his ears. Then it hit him. "Oh Groudon's balls! No! I... He...!" He mentally flailed a little. "Well what have YOU been doing all this time?"  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:14 am
Nyx's hip jutted a bit with attitude at the question. "You never called." She ignored the question. "Or wrote. For two years! I'm being transferred all over the blasted world trying to get other facilities doing more complicated research than what is a rainbow or trying to figure out Putnam's square and cleaning up messes because someone couldn't keep their mouth shut and nothing. All of my things go up in flames with the rest of everything else and I've got no how do you do, hey I died, nothing!"

This was a rant. Some words trickled out and the flood gates broke. Her voice was raising a bit, and she was bending over slightly with her hands still on her hips as she kept going. There were other random complaints sprinkled in as well; The other buildings didn't have the right kind of popcorn, Newton was still grab-assing, her head had been hurting since she got back to Kodo, her pillow had a lump in it, etc etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:19 am
"Hard to write to you if you're moving all around the world." He cut in as she was complaining. But you never wrote either. Or called. No 'Newton just barfed jelly and it looks like a Rorschach test' or 'I just discovered why I'm invincible.' But, I think I can forgive you. You seem to be having it so tough." He teased a little. She was still adorable when she pouted and ranted. Her tirades were more adorable then Nyx probably realized.

"But even with all your hardships, you look well, Nyx."  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:24 am
"Harrumph." Nyx crossed her arms and turned her head away slightly, visibly pouting and refusing to admit that she was also in the wrong. It wasn't the sound, harrumph. She actually articulated, forcefully, the word harrumph.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:31 am
Mau couldn't help it and he actually laughed at that. He slowly picked up his bags and walked around the hedge so he could get closer to Nyx. He set the bags down beside the bench. "Well, for not writing, I'm going to force you to endure physical contact." He said before reaching out to hug her.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:40 am
Nyx let herself be wrapped up in Mau's arms with minimal protesting, at least momentarily, before she started grumbling something about cruel and unusual punishment as she returned the hug for an instant.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff