Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Echoes Sung (Maleficent x Maple Milk) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Night cedes to dawn as the doe trudges her way through the swamp. Ever imposing and majestic, she broods. The dragon's youth is a boon and a curse; all-inspiring courage mingled with fool-hearty rage -- Malevolent is a name too-well gifted to the dragon. It's going to get them both killed.

The caw of crows breaks into her thoughts and she looks skyward. The moon is high and has nearly waned into a mere half. Intriguing coincidence. A prime time for banishment, for cleaving negativity from one's skin. She is too old to be ruled by any being that is not herself but that doesn't mean she can't listen for a time. And if it's a crow's call that sings to her beneath the moon, it is a crow's call she shall follow.

Kitty Sprightt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The crows led her here and there, wavering to one side and another as they winged their way to whatever goal they may have had. They were hard to follow in the deepening night, black feathers on darkening sky - or, would have been hard, if they weren't so talkative.

The crows' destination, it seemed, was a cave hidden behind a thick patch of bramble. Laying in its mouth, dappled by moonlight, was a haggard old doe with one eye. She sleepily examined the various small trinkets the birds had brought her - but snapped to a more wakeful state when she heard that something had followed them home.

Without rising, she croaked a challenge - "Who goes there?"
anemosagkelos

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:55 pm
Ah, how fitting. The brambles were more nuisance than deterrent as she pushed and twisted her body through. It was likely her tail took the brunt of the pricks and pokes, nothing that a long soak and a thorough grooming wouldn't fix. Once through, she became still.

There was a doe, white as the moonlight that bathed her, resting in the mouth of a cave. One that clearly had not missed her presence. So much for the element of surprise. But that didn't mean she had to reveal herself all at once.

"Frightened?" she suggested lightly, staying back against the brambles. Maleficent doubted it, a doe so worn and torn was unlikely to fear something as mundane as flesh, yet still, perhaps she could provoke some reaction. She grinned, hidden in shadows, and waited.

Kitty Sprightt
sorry for requote--fixing some typos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:06 pm
Maple glared down her nose with her one good eye. She couldn't see much of this intruder into her territory, only the pattern of light and dark that their markings made - and the faint impression of overlarge horns.

"You wish," she said, deciding that dismissive would do nicely for this encounter. "Somewhere closer to tired. If you have business, be quick about it - otherwise, leave."
anemosagkelos
Oh, goodness, I did leave you hanging for a while there, didn't I. Here's a very short tag, at least!

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:28 pm
As she had imagined, the doe was not easily scared. A pity and, yet, it was to be respected. She emerged, movements slow, and came to stand in front of the beleaguered. Between them, she kept a distance. Even a sick creature could become reinvigorated if it felt its life was in danger, let alone a doe simply tired. Strategy and wits must always be present.

"I followed your crows; perhaps it is you who has business with me?"

Maleficent had no intention of airing problems or secrets. She had no reason to trust but battling wits would be more interesting than brooding over the issues with the dragon. And crows were fascinating creatures, really. Far more intelligent than the drivel of kin.

Kitty Sprightt
I assumed you were busy; no worries.
s'been quite a bit so here's a reminder; if you hate re-quotes pls let me know

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:47 am
The old doe blinked slowly. "I was laying here minding my own business," she said carefully, like she was explaining it to a child. "Since you're the one who came to me, you're the one who wants something." She sighed and shook her head. "I appreciate the attempt at banter, but - free advice from one professional to another? - you've got to think these kinds of statements through before you make them. You're not going to intimidate anyone if you're talking nonsense."
anemosagkelos
real talk I've known from the start this was how Maple would respond and I have been sort of dreading writing it. I'm sorry about her and me both orz

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:54 am
Maleficent merely tilted her head to the side, "Who said I was trying to intimidate you? Certainly not me."

Amber eyes watched, then closed as her nose dropped, head shaking.

"A pity. You look like an equal and yet you've lot all your fire," she commented. "I see no reason not to simply take your crows. Or let my dragon eat them." And maybe she would, unless she was given reason not to.

Kitty Sprightt
considering it's Maleficent, who holds grudges for not being invited to a party... these two are probably equally difficult and bitchy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:10 am
The wizened old doe raised an eyebrow - the one over her good eye. The other doe had let slip the object of her visit. "So it's crows you want? You and everyone else that finds me lately, it seems," She said with a dull chuckle. She rose to her feet stiffly. "Let's get to the point, then, rather than wasting time with this pissing match. What are you willing to trade - how badly do you want one?"
anemosagkelos
how neighborly of you, maple/

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:42 am
"I mentioned crows from the beginning. Apologies for not realizing how slow you are," she retorted with a wry chuckle. Alas it seemed this doe really had lost all sense of fun and fire, a shame. Thankfully she'd lived in a life in brambles, a prickly doe was hardly the bother.

"If you want to get to the point so badly, I believe it is you who simply need tell me what you want for one? I'm here, I'm conversing with you," a subtle roll of a shoulder, "I clearly have interest. So follow your own advice and don't dawdle." And that grin, it wasn't meant threatening but it was far from anything kind. Too much amusement, too much thrill.

Kitty Sprightt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:32 am
"Oh, sure," she said drily, "let me ask the spirits what goods or services you have ready access to and would willingly exchange for a pet bird. Wait, no, I can't actually do that, that's a show I put on for gullible idiots. While you're acting an awful lot like one right now, I'm still trying to grant you the professional courtesy of assuming you aren't really. Do try and show me my goodwill isn't misplaced."

So much for being civil.
anemosagkelos

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm
Maleficent smirked, "I have a dragon, who might like to eat you."

A pause, "Asking the spirits for what I have would be just as easy for me to know intrinsically what you want." And it was true enough.

"The sooner you give me a wish, the sooner I can leave. And if I cannot fulfill it, you lose nothing by not seeing me again. But if you wish me to stay, you are doing a grand job of it," she chuckled, amused.

Kitty Sprightt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:14 pm
Maple had made herself perfectly clear, and still the stranger danced around the issue. There was no question about it now - this stupid filly was being deliberately obtuse. For drawing her ire, Maple decided to give her as punishing a task as she could conjure on the spot.

"Bring me a large turtle shell full of honeycomb," she spat, "and be sure that there are no live worker or soldier bees hiding among the combs." And be stung by every one of them, she thought bitterly. Let this young upstart try to smirk and taunt with a nose and lips full of bee stings! "Bring that to me, and you will have a crow of your own."
anemosagkelos

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:53 pm
"That I can do," the doe smiled and then turned without a word, disappearing into the night.

It was not an easy request, by any means, but Maleficent was not an easy doe either. She was not so rash to find a hive and take it by force. Rather she staked out three hives that suited her needs and then coerced a share of bucks into doing her bidding. They were stung and hurt but she was not. Only when the bees had been drawn off did she approach, draped in the rotting hides of dead caiman to protect her delicate flesh should the swarm return.

And thus she was rewarded with a hive of honeycomb. It took a few days to be sure it was free of any bees--she may have purposely fed one to the dragon to see it learn a lesson--and then she sorted it into the largest turtle shell she could find. Finished, she settled it on her draping tail and journeyed to the doe.

It was dusk when she arrived, unharmed and as lovely as the first time they'd met, "Here's your precious honeycomb." With a controlled flourish, her body moved to reveal the shell. "And now, my crow."

Kitty Sprightt
sorry maple, mal's too much a hbic to do s**t like that herself (besides villains cheat!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:52 pm
Relieved to be relieved of the disrespectful younger doe's company, Maple spent a pleasant hour here and there during the intervening days imagining her suffering. Swollen nose and swollen lips slurring her hateful tongue... perhaps a few stings in the tender flesh around her eyes swelling the lids shut... After a little while, however, she suspected that she might be waiting to heal before coming back to see her - or worse. Her suspicions were confirmed when Maleficent returned, face unmarred, with a turtle shell brimming with waxy comb. Maple tried not to show that she'd hoped her prize would be more dearly bought, but she broadcast her bitterness plainly enough to see - and hear.

"Precisely as I asked, then, yes. Fine," she bit out, with her wiry old muscles tense under her shaggy hide as she moved the shell into the mouth of her cave. "I even have some fledglings freshly trained and ready to be homed. Lucky you. Come with me," she said, and turned abruptly to lead her through the thicket to the low tree where the young crows would roost at her call. When summoned, they sat glossy and black, smaller than their parent but clearly well cared for. They peered curiously at the newcomer.

"You may choose which you like, or have one choose you, or however you want to do it," she huffed. "One crow."
anemosagkelos
Maple wanted her to suffer, but personally, I expected no less. ;y Sorry Maple! You can't always get what you want. I think one more from each of us can wrap it!

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:09 pm
The displeasure was clear but Maleficent at least tried not to preen. The smirk, however, remained and she had the sense not to speak as the elder doe led her towards the tree. She watched, pleasure and awe hidden by a calculating mask, as the crows settled to roost.

Maple Milk's instructions were heard and she stepped forward to examine the young ones ready to leave. One seemed to flinch at her inspection--not it, then--and another seemed oblivious to all but the white doe. She tsked, lightly, in thought before her eyes settled on one. It was fidgeting, a ruffle of feathers and a stretch of the neck to smooth them out, and she knew it was ready to move and fly. A smile broke wide.

"You, then, come on." The words seemed directed at all and yet it was the restless one that heeded her call. It swooped down and she held its gaze, before it turned in the air and settled on her crown, between her horns. Yes, this one would do.

With a smile, she turned towards the doe, "It was a pleasure. Keep well and thank you for the crow." And perhaps she'd make sure their paths did not cross. Maple Milk really did not seem to like her much. At least, if she had need of anything, she could send the dragon.

Kitty Sprightt
next time Maple, next time!

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas