[PRP] Mountains Don't Exist (Night Vale x Curiosity) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Night Vale wandered through the swamp, lost in thought and more lost in the world. He knew the general direction he wanted to head, but knew not why. Such was life for the strange buck. He stopped to gaze off at the large and looming shapes in the distance. He'd heard once that they were mountains, which was a silly notion. Everyone knew there was no such things as mountains.

Ishtadaal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.There wasn't much to be said about Curiosity's wandering habit– the doe was one that went from one place to the next without much thought– but plenty of method.

She loved this– finding what lay beyond her, treading new ground, always new, getting herself lost and loster– was that even a word? Probably not!

The doe giggled, pausing from where she was, stepping out from under a well-laden evergreen – and dragging quite the beard of moss along with her– enough that it obscured her vision, and weighed on her horns and her backscales.

Jynk

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:03 am
A slight twinkle in the dark caught the eye of the buck and he paused to watch it float about before it finally occurred to him that the glow was the markings of a doe. Curious. He moved toward her, not having met another kin, to his knowledge, that had markings that glowed as his own did.

"Greetings," he called softly.

Ishtadaal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:05 am
"Hello!" Curiosity shook her head, trying to dislodge the tangled moss from her horns, but only succeeded in wrapping the stuff around her neck.

Well, that wouldn't do for seeing whomever-it-was that was talking with her. After a moment, she added, "Who all is out there? I can't rightly tell."

Jynk

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:07 am
Strange fashion sense this doe had to wear a moss blindfold, Night Vale thought. "I'm Night Vale." He watched the doe a moment. "Do you need some help? You seem to be having conflict with the local moss."

Ishtadaal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:15 am
"Please! They really seem to have gotten the best of me," the gangly doe admitted, bowing her head a bit in case her companion was shorter than her and needed the extra help.

"Oh! I haven't introduced myself yet– I'm Curiosity," she added, almost as a distracted afterthought, with a faint shuffle of her hooves.
Jynk

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:28 am
Night Vale grabbed a mouthful of moss and tugged it about, finally getting it off her face and mostly off her neck. "Better?" He stepped back and looked the doe over again. "Curiosity. That is a name of trouble and possibility. Which are you?"

Ishtadaal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:36 am
"Um... both, I suppose, though I find myself in trouble rather than actually looking for it." Some would argue that the doe charged headlong into it with her incaution, but really, she lived. She was as likely to be struck down by lightning or a tree, or gobbled up by some nasty creature, in one place as she was the next!

"Why? Which would you say you are?" She stared intently at the buck that had freed her vision, tilting her head slightly as she waited for an answer.
Jynk

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:54 am
Night Vale considered her question before grinning. "I'd say I'm interesting."

What more could he say about himself? Well, quite a bit, probably, but he didn't feel like telling this doe everything. Where would be the fun in that? Better to lure her in and tantalize her with the idea that she could get to know him. He wanted to get to know her, after all.

Ishtadaal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:58 am
Interesting? Interesting. Curiosity supposed that meant just troubled– or troublesome– enough to not be dull, and someone who enjoyed explorations, and possibilties.

The doe nodded, evidently content with his assessment. "Why don't we be interesting together, then?" she suggested gaily.
Jynk

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:07 am
"I always thought being interesting together was more fun than being interesting alone, no matter who the together was with," Night Vale replied, nodding. "Do you travel much?"

Ishtadaal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:20 am
The doe nodded at the question of travel. "I always have... and I probably always will," she asserted. "There's just something about it..."
Jynk

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:39 am
"How lovely," the buck said, delighted at the doe's sense of adventure. "We can be interesting together and on the go. Where should we go be interesting first? I hear there are mountains off in that direction, which is silly, of course. Everyone knows mountains don't exist."

Ishtadaal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:41 am
Cure tilted her head. "Don't exist? The Totoma say that they aren't real mountains, sometimes, but... I think that's just a metaphor for 'not like the ones at home'," she matter-of-factly informed the buck.
Jynk

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:43 am
Night Vale thought it over a moment. "Is anything ever like it was back home?" He figured it wasn't and one could never go home since the home one returned to was never the home one remembered.

Ishtadaal

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces