Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
I LOST MY TOWEL!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:52 pm
SERIOUSLY! I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE IT WENT!!!!! gonk
*starts hyperventalating*

AHHHHH!!!!!HELP!!! TOWEL! WHERE IS MY TOWEL!!!!!
*cries in a corner*  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:00 am
Don't panic. It will show up eventually. 3nodding  

wingnut the improbable

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:01 pm
Hey! You! No panicing! Read the large friendly letters!!

Um, in the meantime, substitute a rather large washcloth?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:48 pm
Don't panic, even if you can't find your towel you can always get another one. 3nodding  

Appoggiatura

Aojiroi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:59 am
There are a lot of towels in the world.

Remember the two important words.

Don't panic

If your towel has left you, its decided that its off to find better things, so you should find another towel to sooth your soul, until your other towel comes to terms and decides that the real world is far to scary and comes back to you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:25 pm
I thought my profile, but it was just under the table. Thank God.  

LifeIsAGlitch

Animeistro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:05 pm

Don't panic.
And I'm sure a strag could lend you one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:50 pm
Animeistro

Don't panic.
And I'm sure a strag could lend you one.
But that's what they use to tell if they should give the other things to you! Like a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, a tin of bisciuts, a flask, a compass, a map, a ball of string, gnet-spray, wet weather gear, space suit, ect., ect.
Wow. I just saw what I said in my last post. I, being too lazy to edit, ment to say I thought I lost y towel, but it was hiding under the table.

LifeIsAGlitch

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:14 pm
I still havent found it...so I made do with this really ugly towel that I dont carry around because its embarresing!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:45 pm
My sister always steals my towel. It's a nice one. It's so big that I could wrap myself up in it and consider myself decently, if eccentrically, dressed, and it has my name embroidered on it. But she always steals it and leaves it in her room all wet on the floor so it gets smelly. And since I have never set foot in a single smelly spaceport or dank interstellar freighter, I should not have a smelly towel. She thinks that if I leave it in the bathroom, it's effectively in the public domain. Well... IT'S NOT! scream

Sorry about that, but it's very annoying when she does that...

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

Quria Blade Transfem

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:22 am
dark found her towle in the end,
or got a new one!
its realy thick and blue.
i was towle fighting her and got realy badly hurt....
realy badly hurt!!!!
ouch...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:31 am
Maybe some hoopy frood will lend you one.  

rubybox

Lidaby

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:02 am
The full version of this story was first found in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Original Radio Scripts and reprised in The Salmon of Doubt, but the short version is as follows:

Adams had gone on holiday in Greece, but every time he had decided to go to the beach with his fellows, he discovered that his towel would disappear, and could only be found after hours of searching. After the holiday had ended, he decided that anyone who really had their life in order would "know where his towel is". He had no idea that this towel joke, which first appeared in the seventh radio episode, and subsequently in the first book, would catch on so brilliantly. He assumed, after learning that so many people liked and understood the joke, that he was not the only one with such an experience.

After his death, Towel Day was established on May 25 as a tribute.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:00 pm
Freaj
The full version of this story was first found in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Original Radio Scripts and reprised in The Salmon of Doubt, but the short version is as follows:

Adams had gone on holiday in Greece, but every time he had decided to go to the beach with his fellows, he discovered that his towel would disappear, and could only be found after hours of searching. After the holiday had ended, he decided that anyone who really had their life in order would "know where his towel is". He had no idea that this towel joke, which first appeared in the seventh radio episode, and subsequently in the first book, would catch on so brilliantly. He assumed, after learning that so many people liked and understood the joke, that he was not the only one with such an experience.

After his death, Towel Day was established on May 25 as a tribute.
so THATS what the towels are all about!

well gee....  

fourtysecondscarf

Sir Leos

3,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:03 am
Here Is A frood who lost her towl

thats very sad  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games