Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:01 am
I think we can all agree that Stardew Valley is totally amazing and is exactly the kind of game we all needed right now, what with Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon devoting their creative energies to handhelds (I can't play those very long D: ).

Post whatever you like about the game! Good guides, who you're romancing, what you're focusing on, tips for others, etc!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:05 am
Just started playing two days ago -DOES NOT KNOW HOW SHE MISSED THIS GAME FOR SO LONG- But daaaayumn falling in love already!  

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:08 am
Aaaaahhhh! Isn't it great? How far in the game are you?

I am stuck in Fall. There's a fair where if you have nine items of excellent quality from a range of types, you get prizes. And I'm like.... I WAS NOT PREPARED so I'm avoiding it. ^^;;

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:49 am
I have just hatched my first duck! <3
Starting Summer of my second year and working on getting the quality bundle put together.... so I planted so many melons.

Also have goats and trying to figure out how to knock up the goat and goat only so I get more goats instead of having to buy them.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:02 am
XP I am only at the first egg fest. Like I said, started two days ago!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:16 am
I'm in fall of my first year, finally got my barn and saving up to buy a kitchen next!
Also starved for gold bars, I need to make more good sprinklers by the time spring rolls back around haha

Working on romancing leah :>

elufae

Adventuring Hunter

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:22 am
Year three, I'm working on raising slimes and finishing out the museum collection. Once I get all fish/minerals, I'm jumping into all recipes completed... because i have no life.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:57 am
Juusstt started playing this afternoon so I'm not very far!
I had a bit of help since I've been watching Lets Plays (though not very far in - Markimoo and Game Grumps) and I'm pretty sure I'm around the point of the game they were at last episode I watched.

I'm neglecting my farm a little and exploring at the moment mad hoarding all of my materials for future crafting, and doing quests for people.
I made my character after one of my OCs called Ryu who's a grumpy butt who loves video games so I'm trying to find him a good match before I explore the romancing~

I think it's about the be the easter festival where I am.

I'm having so much fun, it is really cute and the little poppy sound effects when you pick stuff up is so satisfying :'D  

-x-cin-cin-x-

Tiny Dreamer

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:14 pm
-x-cin-cin-x-
Juusstt started playing this afternoon so I'm not very far!
I had a bit of help since I've been watching Lets Plays (though not very far in - Markimoo and Game Grumps) and I'm pretty sure I'm around the point of the game they were at last episode I watched.

I'm neglecting my farm a little and exploring at the moment mad hoarding all of my materials for future crafting, and doing quests for people.
I made my character after one of my OCs called Ryu who's a grumpy butt who loves video games so I'm trying to find him a good match before I explore the romancing~

I think it's about the be the easter festival where I am.

I'm having so much fun, it is really cute and the little poppy sound effects when you pick stuff up is so satisfying :'D

Put all of your money into Strawberries at the Easter festival. Trust me- it'll save your a** in the summer for blueberries!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:51 pm
Oh gosh my newest addiction hbbt. I'm on spring of my third year *-* I've married Abigail and we adopted a baby girl. I have most of the upgrades but I'm working on getting a stable (hardwood why so hard to geeeet q-q). Slowly working on fishing - it's the bane of my collection completionist existence. Slime farming is proving out to be tough, since I keep accidentally murdering my stock (woops).

But for anyone just starting out, berries are your bffs! They're my favorite and most profitable crops so far (cranberries, blueberries, etc.). Also save all the things (at least one of all the things)! NPCs are so needy and I've had so many times where I've shipped things and have gotten a quest for the exact item the next day lD Also save some good quality things for festivals. I have two chests full of gold-star misc things just in case

(also wish there were bigger chests, I'm running out of space rip)

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

Rampaging Bear

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:57 pm
I'm year 2 and juuuuuuuuust this spring season got someone up to 8 hearts XD; I wish I was kidding. Most of the suitors are at 4-5 hearts. I feel weird not having one I was gungho for.

8 heart guy (9 hearts now) is Sebastian. I... had no intention of romancing him. I'm not a fan of moody-misunderstood dynamic, but some of his stuff is interesting. I also really started to dig Elliot, and Maru too. The only two I don't like are Haley (sobs moon is gonna kill me rip magi) and Alex. I just can't get into their personalities. OTL

Penny is a sweetheart too. Harvey I... just kinda take or leave. He's simply there XD;

As of now I am trying to save up for abig barn adn then the deluxe coop... so much monies gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:42 pm
Haley turns out really great- she has character development the more you get to know her, which makes her REALLY loveable.  

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:38 pm
Same can kind of be said for Alex, and surprisingly for Shane. I got his first heart event and my stomach fell out 'cause it was like talking to myself. <_>

I've restarted three times now, because I keep learning things and wanting to apply them at a better time, so...restarting. My first is a delete, but my second, I'm on Spring in Year 2, married to Elliott (I'm sorry, the paralyzed face he makes is EVERYTHING and if you haven't seen it, let me know); in most recent game, playing male and going after Alex. (Admittedly, I shy away from mommy/daddy issue-types but his sad face kinda won my interest.)

On this newest playthrough, I'm almost halfway through Fall of Year 1, got my chickens and two cows, haven't decided what my next upgrade will be -- or if I'll save my gold for the Vault in the Community Center.

Things I've learned so far (and I'm spoilering them in case people want to learn on their own!):

• Don't eradicate all the grass on your land. Letting your animals out to eat it makes them happier.
  • Build a silo before you get your coop, so when you do start cleaning up the grass, it turns into hay.
  • Get as far as you can in the mine, as quickly as you can, to unlock the mine carts. Those are LIFE SAVERS when you're short on time and need to get across town fast. (Three bundles in the community center: here. Note that everything listed here is VERY easy to get as long as you're making progress towards the end of the mine. Also, level 100 gets you a stardrop!) I got them unlocked in Summer 25 in year 1, so it's definitely doable!
  • You'll want to upgrade your pickaxe around level 40-50 in the mines. Things start to take 3+ swings to destroy and that's a huge energy eater.
  • The hot springs open up Summer 1! The hot springs will fill your energy free of charge. I didn't find that thing in my second playthrough until like, end of Summer, which is an entire wasted month, so don't be me!
  • For crops, this spreadsheet is godly. It not only tells you the price of all the crops per season (and star value), but what their prices are in the keg and preserve jar. It helps for planning what to buy in future seasons.
  • I'm a hoarder. Don't be me. Sell mostly everything you get in crops, saving 3-5 of each if you want to hold on for community center and future quests. (Except wheat. You'll need 10 of that.)
  • Upgrade your watering can in the winter and set up your sprinklers/path for the coming spring so you're not scrambling to do that Spring 1.

If you give your two gifts a week to your chosen one, definitely do not miss their birthday and try to give them their favorites when possible. Unfortunately, Alex's is cooked meals so I literally have my hands tied and can't do anything to get him to 10 stars before winter. Elliott was entirely able before then. There's no real bonus to it but it sure makes the winter a lot more bearable. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:07 pm
Oh noo I forgot to buy stuff before I did the egg hunt so missed out on the seeds ;;
I'll know for next time though!

Ahaha that one grumpy guy, I think Shane? He was not impressed with my attempt to woo him with bug meat. rofl
I did just see Sebs room and its all computers and yes. I may go after him. Maybe.
I will need several games though for sure 8D;  

-x-cin-cin-x-

Tiny Dreamer

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:39 pm
:whispers soon I will be able to afford this game.
Just 24 hours:  
OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces