Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Nations of Gaia v2

Back to Guilds

Promoting and exploring multiculturalism on Gaia. 

Tags: united, nations, gaia, international 

Reply Travel & Culture - 4 threads
Where do you want to travel to? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yazzah

Heroic Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:35 am
For vacation or living..

I've always wanted to go to Turkey & Italy.
Since it is my background nationality, I'd love to see the art, architecture, environment and beauty of the countries.
I also want to visit Japan, Tokyo, cause.. cars & technology emotion_kirakira
And also because it's bloody awesome, so i've heard.

So where would you want to travel to? Whether it's just for a week or for months.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:32 am
Too many places. xp The places I most want to visit are Malta, Germany, Greece and Japan. Mostly for historical reasons.  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

VanS3n

Malevolent Lunatic

12,825 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:28 am
well I have been to EU ..esp around Italy .. Rome, Firenze, Milan and most of the old medieval towns around Viterbo and Rome

I did pass by Amsterdam

if I am going back to EU .. more or less visit friends in Germany and Sweden but that might take a while ... I might even go back to Rome to settle some personal matters if ever.

I did pass by Bangkok but I do want to visit friends in Cambodia and Kuala Lumpur .. Singapore and Hongkong will be a given..

for most parts I want to really plan trips for Kyoto, Tokyo and visit old acquaintances in Osaka .. and I guess Seoul will be a good place

for most parts I will definitely by bringing my camera... first motivation to go around is travel photography afteral

but for now, so much to be done here and I'm barely 2 yrs back home so I'm putting my travel plans on hold for now  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:10 am
i've always wanted to go exploring in new zealand! i've never been to asia either, and i think it would be an amazing experience. i'd love to be able to afford backpacking around there for a month or two... i don't have any specific cities in mind really, i prefer to just get lost haha. sweatdrop

chouchounette

Tipsy Regular

x DsouL o

Invisible Donator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:46 am
if I become a bad person in the future.. Greenland 4 sure haha wish I don't want to happen haha ... So now while I'm still a young and innocent person in the world (just kidding) maybe i preferred to go parts of Antarctic where I can find a strong polar bear for a sparring haha (jk) my real reason is simple... I want the sound of silent,cold nature,dark places too enjoy my time while drinking hot coffee or chocolatte but if I had a partner that's better cause we can 4get the world knowing the feeling of just you and me rofl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:12 pm
I'd want to go to Japan, mainly because my darling is from there. Have you guys known about Nabana no Sato in Mie Prefecture? During the winter there is this amazing illumination light festival there and it's breathtaking.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nabana+no+sato&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=969&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjMz_HQ3PjLAhXHvoMKHdTCAKAQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1

That alone is worth a couple days in Japan if you're not into going to the typical destinations of Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, etc.

I also like the idea of going to Greenland. It's just real barren and surrounded by the cold and nature. It'd be another good perspective to see the world, a place with barely anyone in it.  

Sora Kodo

Noob

14,300 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:14 pm
Sora Kodo
I'd want to go to Japan, mainly because my darling is from there. Have you guys known about Nabana no Sato in Mie Prefecture? During the winter there is this amazing illumination light festival there and it's breathtaking.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nabana+no+sato&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=969&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjMz_HQ3PjLAhXHvoMKHdTCAKAQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1

That alone is worth a couple days in Japan if you're not into going to the typical destinations of Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, etc.

I also like the idea of going to Greenland. It's just real barren and surrounded by the cold and nature. It'd be another good perspective to see the world, a place with barely anyone in it.
There are a lot of things I want to see in Japan. That is being added to the list. owo  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:15 pm
So jealous of those who have already gotten to visit other countries while I'm stuck on this rock. xd  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Alphagirl

Ace of Hearts

20,075 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:51 pm
My dream destination was always Istanbul, Turkey. However, on Christmas 2015 I was able to visit with my parents. I loved every moment of it, but it did mean that now I had to reorganize my list of places I want to visit. As a lover of the Silk Road (the trade routes of the ancient and late antiquity world, not the illegal online marketplace one), I would at some point like to travel the length and breadth of the overland routes. Those destinations are also on the to-do list, in no particular order:

Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (I have some friends living in Galicia who are exchange students from there)
Mexico City, Mexico (resentfully; I have technically been there before, but my mother hates the place so we only pass through as fast as possible. I would like to see the national museum if nothing else)
Truuk Lagoon, Federated States of Micronesia (they have a TON of ancient ruins that no one has ever excavated for some baffling reason)
Seoul, South Korea
Nara, Japan (I lost all interest in Tokyo when they got rid of the Sakura Taisen cafe back in 2009, but Nara is the easternmost point of the Silk Road routes and has a cool shrine with artifacts from foreign countries from centuries ago as a result)
Western China: Beijing! Shanghai! Guangzhou!
Eastern China, particularly Xinjiang Province (again, because of its history; the Dunhuang caves look AMAZING)
Goa, India
Ulanbataar, Mongolia (at one point I was going to be a Peace Corps volunteer to go there; I still might in the future)
Bangkok, Thailand
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cappadocia, Turkey
Samarkand, Uzbekistan
Palmyra and Damascus, Syria (you know, in 20 years once the civil war is over)
Beirut, Lebanon
Salalah, Oman (all those archaeology digs make me want to go join in)
Tehran, Iran
Cairo and Alexandria, Egypt
Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, Israel/Palestine
Tallinn, Estonia
Rome, Venice, and Florence, Italy
Pretoria and Johannesburg, South Africa
Dakar, Senegal (Senegal has always interested me)
Fez, Morocco (I've already been to Tangier and I really liked it, so I would like to try visiting again)
Marseille, France

At some point I would also like to visit all the US territories, but since I'm an American it doesn't count as traveling to a foreign country.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:25 pm
I want to go back to Japan. I miss it so much. crying
It is awesome, and finding Japanese food in America other than hibachi is hard as hell.

I would like to go to Europe. Haven't been there yet, but I've had my fill of Asia (except for Japan and Singapore, which are awesome). If nothing else, I need to travel to Scotland and find the roots of my last-name/clan.
Israel would be cool, too, and to round off the continents I need to hit Africa. I can pass on Antarctica.  

Skyburn

Amens

Naughty Veteran

24,675 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:03 am
I live in Norway, one of the most beautiful countrys on the planet. Slartibartfast won a price for our coastline wink

I want go on a two week roadtrip in my own country. From Lindesnes in the South, to Nordkapp i the North. I want to see the Lofoten iselands.

And I want to do the same in USA and Canada.

Another dream is to travel from Hokkaido to Okinawa in Japan. And revisit
China.

I really like to travel around when I visit a country.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:21 am
Amens
I'm assuming in Canada you want to go from St. John's, NL to Victoria, BC? You'd need a lot of time to do that. Especially if you want to spend quality time in certain places along the way or take detours from the Trans Canada Highway. Canada isn't a small country. Neither is the US. . .  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Amens

Naughty Veteran

24,675 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:27 am
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Amens
I'm assuming in Canada you want to go from St. John's, NL to Victoria, BC? You'd need a lot of time to do that. Especially if you want to spend quality time in certain places along the way or take detours from the Trans Canada Highway. Canada isn't a small country. Neither is the US. . .

Even better smile

I have been to Canada but only seen Alberta.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:33 am
Amens
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Amens

Even better smile

As much as I hate to say it, Alberta has some of the nicest scenary in the entire country. Lake Louise and the Rocky Mountains are impressive sights. My Aunt went there and the pictures she took were amazing. If you come to Newfoundland you should visit L'Anse~Aux~Meadows and see where your ancestors tried to live. xd  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Amens

Naughty Veteran

24,675 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:54 am
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Amens
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Amens

Even better smile

As much as I hate to say it, Alberta has some of the nicest scenary in the entire country. Lake Louise and the Rocky Mountains are impressive sights. My Aunt went there and the pictures she took were amazing. If you come to Newfoundland you should visit L'Anse~Aux~Meadows and see where your ancestors tried to live. xd

I remember lake Louise, it was amazing. Hope to go back some day!  
Travel & Culture - 4 threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff