Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Nations of Gaia v2

Back to Guilds

Promoting and exploring multiculturalism on Gaia. 

Tags: united, nations, gaia, international 

Reply Travel & Culture - 4 threads
What is your favorite foreign food and/or drink? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:35 am
For me I think my favorite would have to be unagi (eel) sushi. emotion_drool It's my favorite food, foreign or otherwise. I also really like donairs, perogies, curry, burritos, couscous, lychee and all kinds of tea and coffee. I've also taken a liking to aloe drinks. 3nodding My cheese of choice is feta. heart And dark German chocolates are emotion_drool .  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:04 pm
Pasta. I don't really have a favourite kind but it is my favourite food to eat.

My favourite drink, hands down, is coffee smile .  

xjessiexcorex

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:16 pm
xjessiexcorex

Pasta is so common that I forgot it's Italian. xp Seafood pasta is mostly what I eat. Ah coffee. Ethiopian export, perfected by the Yemenians. Mocha is actually named after the Yemeni city of Mocha where it was first created.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:17 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex

Pasta is so common that I forgot it's Italian. xp Seafood pasta is mostly what I eat. Ah coffee. Ethiopian export, perfected by the Yemenians. Mocha is actually named after the Yemeni city of Mocha where it was first created.

Well aren't you just a wealth of useless knowledge razz . Hehe.

Shrimp Alfredo is AMAZBALLZ.  

xjessiexcorex

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:20 pm
xjessiexcorex
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex

One of the usless things I remembered from my intro to anthropology class. :p

Shrimp = heart Alfredo = heart Shrimp alfredo = emotion_bigheart emotion_drool  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:24 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex

It's kind of crazy how most things we consume are foreign. I'm Canadian and we don't have a lot of dishes from here. Just poutine and nanimo bars that I can think of.  

xjessiexcorex

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:05 pm
xjessiexcorex
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex

It's kind of crazy how most things we consume are foreign. I'm Canadian and we don't have a lot of dishes from here. Just poutine and nanimo bars that I can think of.
Also Canadian. Some foreign foods can be considered to be Canadian too. Like perogies.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:23 pm
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex

Also Canadian. Some foreign foods can be considered to be Canadian too. Like perogies.

Where in Canada are you from?  

xjessiexcorex

Alphagirl

Ace of Hearts

20,075 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:19 pm
I am not considering Mexican or US food foreign to me because I was raised in those food cultures, so... hmm....

Drink: Queimada, for those who like their alcohol on fire while chanting to keep Satan away. Tinto de verano or sangria for the times when I'm in polite society. Despite it not being foreign I'm going to list sweet tea here. One of the greatest things the American South ever gave to the Lord's children.

Food: Ensaïmada, and pulpo á feira. I am also a fan of pulpo a la parrilla and calamares a la romana. In general I just really like seafood. I am also a fan of bun ga nuong, bastilla chicken pie, and chicken tikka masala.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:58 pm
xjessiexcorex
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex
Aozora ~Blue Sky~
xjessiexcorex

Where in Canada are you from?
Newfoundland.  

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:00 pm
Alphagirl
I am not considering Mexican or US food foreign to me because I was raised in those food cultures, so... hmm....

Drink: Queimada, for those who like their alcohol on fire while chanting to keep Satan away. Tinto de verano or sangria for the times when I'm in polite society. Despite it not being foreign I'm going to list sweet tea here. One of the greatest things the American South ever gave to the Lord's children.

Food: Ensaïmada, and pulpo á feira. I am also a fan of pulpo a la parrilla and calamares a la romana. In general I just really like seafood. I am also a fan of bun ga nuong, bastilla chicken pie, and chicken tikka masala.
I've heard of tikka masala. xd Haven't heard of anything else you listed. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:30 pm
I like spicy foods, so I tend to gravitate towards curries. Japanese curry (most specifically, Coco's Ichibanya Curry) is probably my favorite, but I do love the variety in Indian curry (I prefer chicken tikka masala or butter chicken curry). Not so much Thai curry, surprisingly enough, since I'd have to say my all-time favorite food is tom yum goong, which I tried quite by accident. (Didn't understand the waitress at all, nor did I understand the menu, other than that I was pointing at "Thai Signature Soup" that had 3-chilis to indicate spiceness next to the name in Thai. Accidentally stumbled upon one of the acclaimed top-10 foods of the world.

Also, I've only had it a couple of times, since I've only been to Brisbane once for a few days, but I do love Pie Face's meat pies. Meat pies aren't really a thing here in America. Butter Chicken Meat Pie? Combine two awesome things together to make a super awesome thing? Yesh.

Never was a huge fan of sushi, but onigiri is great when you're traveling Japan and on-the-go, since convenience stores are everywhere. Even if I rarely knew what the colors meant in regards to filling.
But I imagine a meat-pie isn't too hard to make.

What I'm really craving, though? Ramen. Real ramen. Not that Maruchan or Top Ramen crap. Real ramen.  

Skyburn

VanS3n

Malevolent Lunatic

12,825 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:30 am
belgian beer .. Italian wine .. hahaha

parmeggiano .. XD XD .. anything Italian.. I love my ex-wife's Carbonara Romana

gorgonzola .. ahahaha

definitely addicted to kimchi though

and I guess ekonomiyaki .. a friend of mine is from Osaka and she makes the best.. wehehehe  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:00 pm
I think my favorite food from another country is probably tacos. Red Curry with yams and potatoes is a very close second. Drink wise, I really enjoy Pilsner Urquell, which I believe is a Czech beer. I'm a beer enthusiast, so I've tried a lot, and that's my go to when I have money to burn. Kirin Ichiban is good when you're drinking with people that typically drink American beer, though.  

Taconius

Aozora ~Blue Sky~
Captain

Girl-Crazy Tycoon

10,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:43 pm
I forgot about alcohol. . . Vodka and sake. heart  
Travel & Culture - 4 threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]