Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:02 pm
Spring had come to Kodo bringing with it rain and warmth, thawing snow and clearing the path for new life.
A lot of new life.

This was a joy for many of course; so many wild pokémon gracing the island for trainers to see, to catch, to befriend.
For others, it was a concern; a concern that threatened their livelihood.

March gave way to April, and planting season was upon the farms of the region, but instead of pristine farmland ripe for planting after the snows of winter had melted, they found their fields full of swarms of wild pokemon leaving their winter homes, encroaching on the empty farmland in search of new territories.

There were far too many wild pokemon for the farmers to deal with on their own. They needed a solution as quickly as possible, lest the swarms ruin their planting season, and farmer Wylt of Wylt Farm (a farm right in the epicentre of the swarm phenomenon) found herself reaching out to Professor Salt of the nearby Natural History Museum in Jinko for advice.

Professor Salt, of course, found the situation to be rather familiar and once again sent a call to aid to all available trainers in the region. He and Farmer Wylt co-operated to choose a date and set up areas around Wylt Farm that would maximize the effectiveness of the trainers efforts. The final step was to send the invitation to as many trainers as could be reached; another aspect that Professor Salt was familiar with and thus using multiple avenues of media, he posted the following open invitation, and each had attached to it a map and a set of directions from nearby towns or cities to guide trainers to Wylt Farm, in case they weren't familiar with the area:

To all trainers, you are invited on the 22nd of April between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm to Wylt Farm. Some of you may be aware of the increase in pokémon population. This is the second year we have experienced such a swarm and the second year I reach out to you; your task, should you choose to take up our invitation, is to reduce the population through capture. Pokéballs and maps of the accessible areas will be provided to those who need them.

Professor Salt PhD.
Farmer Sylvia Wylt

The maps of Wylt farm- a crude but legible series of black and white photocopies- detailed three accessible areas of interest:

1) The Forest Edge - The forest at the North/North East border of the property. The forest gets thick and dark from only a little way in.

2) The Grassland - On the Western border, stretching North up until it meets the Forest Edge.

3) The Fields - A huge tract of land divided into rectangles of different crops; most are empty but a few hold immature crops of cereals or berry trees.

OOC RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS!

1) You may obtain two pokémon from this ORP total. This does not have to be with the same character.
2) There is no limit on how many characters you may play in this ORP but you are limited to keep only two pokémon as a player.
3) Please be very clear in your post when rolling; you must include the area you are rolling for either by name or number listed, and a clear description of whatever your character might be doing.
4) When a pokemon appears, please be very clear as to whether you are choosing for your character to keep that pokémon or not. How your character encounters the pokémon ICly is up to you. You're free to interact with the pokemon even if you don't want to keep it, so long as you clearly specify your intent. Once caught, however, you cannot release a pokémon to 'free up a slot', so please be sure you want the pokémon you catch.
5) To 'roll' you must generate a random number between 1 and 13; this plus the area you provide in your roll post will determine what your character encounters.
6) There /are/ booby prizes; these will be clearly stated as such.
7) The chance to obtain pokémon will run from today (Saturday the 23rd) starting now until 11 pm(EST) on Friday the 29th! After that only booby prizes can be rolled.
8) The ORP itself will remain open indefinitely for RP.  
Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 12!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:59 pm
Lex [To the fields]

Spring was not his favorite season, it was wet, mucky, and the temperature tended to fluctuate. It did allow him to wear a lot of cute light jackets. Lex looked over the photocopy map, smoothing out a crease in it.

So, blah, blah, farm, swarm, and how long did it take berry crops to reach maturity? Nope, focus. Hmm... on that train of thought, fields had plants, and local Pokemon would pick up on the stretches of free food. And shelter and probably would be best to start there.

He started lazily in that direction, tucking the map into the jacket pocket. At the very least, he'll get to explore a bit.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:04 pm
Shaddaling

It's a pokémon!

User Image  
TawnyAngel generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 8!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:15 pm
[The fields: Lex]

So far Kodo seemed like a quaint little island on the surface and the flyer he had picked up yesterday only added to that image; free Pokéballs, free Pokémon, all at a friendly little farm marked on a friendly little map. It all seemed so pleasant that he would be shocked if there wasn't a basement full of body parts somewhere on the premises, or at the very least some kind of major tax scam.

As he had nothing else to do with his day Zevran opted to follow the direction and take the free Pokéballs, it was something to do for a start and if he happened to capture something rare then he could no doubt find a buyer for it. It was quite funny when you thought about it, these people claimed they could speak to their Pokémon and yet they still bought and sold them freely without batting an eyelid. Perhaps that was the seedy underbelly he was looking for after all.

Chuckling softly to himself the tattooed man picked up his pace a little to catch up with somebody else who was sauntering towards the fields, a little company wouldn't hurt! "A pleasant morning for a hunt no?" he commented with an easy white-toothed grin as he drew level, his tones carrying a foreign twang that sounded distinctly Spanish.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:19 pm
TawnyAngel

It's a... rock shaped like an egg!

Booby Prize!  
Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 12!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:22 pm
[The Fields, Zev, not keeping the pidgey]

"Not sure about the hunt," Lex wrinkled his nose at the thought, not really his thing there and it seems he had startled a pidgey. Hmm, maybe Slipstream might enjoy a chance to hunt down some of the extra pokemon. .. later.

"But it is a rather pleasant morning," he agreed and looked Zevran over, eye lighting on the tattoo. "Oooh, nice." He said walking closer to get a better look. "I wouldn't go with face framing strips myself, but you carry them so nicely. Do they mean anything?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:29 pm
Shaddaling

It's a... half-eaten Oran berry!

Booby Prize!

TawnyAngel generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 8!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:37 pm
[The fields, Lex, keeping the rock. It's a nice rock.]

The toe of Zevran's boot connected with a rock, which rolled crazily away ahead of him a short distance before coming to a halt. Zevran walked on a few paces, stooped to scoop the rock up, straightened, and tossed it into the air and caught it again before turning to his companion. "They mean beauty, daring, and fortitude," he said, tilting his head so that the other man could get a better look at the three curving lines. "Of course they are just pleasing patterns in truth but I think wearing them on one's face evokes the latter two, and on my face the first of the three," he added with a little grin.

Either he was really very distracting or the small bird Pokemon that had just fluttered up was not really worth keeping, Zevran reckoned on the latter but kept the potential joke in mind for future banter. "Are you from around here?" he continued, eyebrows lifting quizzically just a fraction. "I myself, as you may have guessed, am not. My name is Zevran but my friends call me Zev, and you are?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:40 pm
TawnyAngel

It's a pokémon!

User Image  
Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 13!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:52 pm
[Zevran, The Fields]

And now he was just itching to touch and trace the lines, no, bad, no touching. Lex grinned. "Certainty any tattoo has a mix of those things, but the placement tells so much more." Ink on ones face was certainly bold.

"Ooh, no, I'm not local, I came here a few hmm, can't remember how far back actually it's been a while." He grinned easily. "First time on a farm, outside of school field trips and well its a farm."

"Zev it is then! I'm feeling like a Sasha today." He said and stepped and winced at the squish sound looking down. "Someone didn't finish their meal, eww," he said and scrapped his boot on the dirt.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:55 pm
Shaddaling

It's a pokémon!

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:03 pm
[Lex, The Fields, keeping the buggy thing]

Felt like a Sasha today? Zevran shrugged internally; whatever made him - them? - happy, he wasn't about to judge. "Sasha," he agreed aloud, "you are a city person then? I am myself, all of this," he gestured expansively to the fields, "very picturesque but also very mucky up close." So too were cities of course just not so much in the literal sense. "And as you just demonstrated, you find yourself stepping in unpleasantness- Oh?" A small flicker of movement in a patch of some immature crop or other caught his eye, prompting Zevran to stop and stoop down. "Ah, I think we have found the owner of the meal," he said with a grin up to Sasha; there was a green bug of some kind, about a foot long and blinking up at him with big eyes. Zevran looked at it for a few moments, shrugged, picked it up and placed it on his shoulders. The bug did not object to this treatment, indeed it held on firmly to its new perch and looked to be enjoying the view as Zevran straightened up again.

"So," the blonde continued as though nothing had happened, "do you have any ink yourself Sasha?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 6!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:12 pm
[Zevran, The fields, passing on the oddish]

"Yes, I do like civilization, electricity and wi-fi and well, window shopping," lots of window shopping since he and Taavi got together. "Not to mention being able to walk into a building and getting my meal without any unpleasantness involved." Like hunting, ugh, he certainly wasn't going to get the appeal to that.

"Ooh, well then, apologizes for stepping on your meal," he said, giving an easy grin to the caterpie and nodded. "Not anywhere I can show you publicly but I do have ink... and have debated on more. I just haven't found the right design to commit to."

He passed by an Oddish, leaving the plant pokemon to its business.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:13 pm
TawnyAngel

Zevran caught a Caterpie!  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:15 pm
Shaddaling

It's a... clod of dirt!