[PRP] Ambergris [Oliver, Zevran] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:21 pm
At the heart of the problem, and Oliver would admit it out of tight lips and a lot of snark, was that the legendary deer had changed his body without his permission. Arceus or whatever it was hadn’t asked him, just dumped an egg thing in the place he moved to and wasn’t that like a deity? He could see the advantage of being able to understand pokemon, well, if he actually owned a normal type. They were everywhere, easily overlooked, and common. No one would look twice at one. They could be the perfect spies.

At the moment though, he was frustrated at the sheer fact he was having trouble adjusting to it. Sometimes listening in allowed him to be aware of problems before they happened, he was short, and small boned, and okay, school had not been pleasant when puberty came and decided that he would remain short.

Human chatter was one thing, it was easy to filter out and pick up key words. Pokemon chatter on the other hand, was a bit more difficult. The bird pokemon were the worst. People forget how predatory they really were. And it became a bit tiring to start at some noise and learn that Pidgeys were fighting over the caterpie.

Which made him cranky, and snarly, and being on a crowded public bus was not helping matters. Mercury was somewhere about, the Ghastly had went invisible as soon as Oliver had found a seat as far as everyone that he could get.

The summer heat wasn’t helping matters. And maybe he should have worn a t-shirt that wasn’t black, but he happened to like the Seviper print on the front. His jeans were rolled up at the cuffs, and he was wearing scruffy beaten up black converse.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:33 am
Zevran loved public transportation, loved it in a true and completely unsarcastic way. It was a microcosm of humanity, its own little ecosystem that was wonderful to behold. There was the strange smelly man who nobody wanted to sit next to ranging up to the women in heels which must have cost hundreds, who was trying not to touch anything. From his side facing seat near the front of the bus (the better to watch everyone) Zevran gave Shoes a winning smile; why the bus Shoes? Was she proving a point? Had she perhaps just lost everything in an unwise investment, the trappings of her former wealth soon to tarnish?

And then there was the young man in a shirt with an animal printed on it sulking near the back of the bus; all black in this summer heat! Now that was dedication to a Look. For his part Zevran had opted for fitted blue jeans with a white tank top, which showed off the tattoos on his arms and the start of one on the back of his right shoulder.

The bus pulled over at the side of the road and a rather elderly woman got on, naturally being a gentleman Zevran got up to give her his seat and promptly made his way back through the bus to sit down next to the man in black. He grinned cheerfully at him. "Are you not hot in all of that?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:52 am
Mercury wavered into appearance, grinning widely at Zevran before flickering out of existence again, content to lurk.

"I can't see how I wouldn't be," Oliver drawled, looking Zevran over. "But then, I'm sure nearly everyone else is as well." He shifted, slightly self consciously tracing the faint scars that marred his neck. "Did you want something?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:00 am
Uh.... Okay then. Zevran blinked at the empty spot of air where just for a moment he had seen a, what, a floating head? Pokemon just got stranger and stranger.

The motion of the black-clad man's hand drew Zevran's attention quickly back to him however, and to the faint scars he was fingering. Where had those come from? He grinned again. "Well I wanted to ask you if you were hot for a start! my next question however was going to be about that," he waved a hand at the empty spot of air, "thing there. Is it with you? What sort of pokemon is it?" He might as well have some conversation on the way to this Ambergris place, and he would have time to kill once he got there too. Better early than late though.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:04 am
"That would have been Mercury attempting to ward off people sitting near me," Oliver admitted, shifting to unstick from the bus seat. "Mercy, if you, yes, thank you," he added as the ghost reappeared, tongue hanging out. "And put your tongue back in your mouth." Ghosts.

"He's an unique colored Ghastly, they are usually black with a purple shroud," Oliver went on. "He's a ghost type."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:22 am
Ghastly hu? Cute. As the ghost reappeared Zevran grinned at it, showing off a set of straight white teeth. "That's a useful trick you have there Mercury, I can't begin to think of all the fun I could have if I could turn invisible. A ghost though?" Zevran turned back to the other human. "Does that mean he used to be something else and became this when he died?" Could pokemon really do that? Did they - or some of them - live or at least exist forever in that manner? How terrible for them!  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:46 am
Oliver blinked and then look up at Mercury. "If he was, I really pity who ever that poor b*****d was," he mused, thinking over the idea. "But, no. Ghosts types are named so mostly because they can traverse different planes. As much as I recall, there is no ghost that used to be human." He wasn't a expert though.

"I don't speak ghost though."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:12 pm
"Oh I meant another kind of pokemon not a human, but if it's just a name then that's fair enough." Zevran shrugged, calling things ghosts when they weren't was about the least strange thing he had come across about pokemon over the last few weeks.

"What do you speak to then? If you do at all? I gather a lot of people get very worked up about this ability, or the lack of it." It sounded very useful but he couldn't imagine getting so terribly worked up about it as some people apparently did.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:19 pm
"Normal..." Oliver replied, tired. "I haven't been able to get them to shut up." He rubbed at the bridge of his nose before sighing. "It doesn't help that they are the second most common typing and are everywhere."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:10 am
"Normal eh?" Zevran grinned. "I must admit I was quite amused when I discovered there was a type that was just named 'normal'. I have to wonder what the creative mind behind that epithet was like! And I believe trying to get them to shut up is a battle you will lose, unless perhaps you employ a sniper rifle?" Zevran looked at Oliver with wide guileless eyes, which he juxtaposed with a little smirk. "Those are legal here in Kodo yes? I mean you can walk around with thirty foot metal snakes in your pocket so what concern could a mere gun be? Unless you start killing the wildlife with it I suppose."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:11 pm
Oliver coughed slightly, giving a small grin at Zevran. "For some reason, having a thirty foot metal snake is more socially acceptable then walking around with a sniper rifle. Probably because the snake is much easier to conceal."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:12 pm
A wicked grin spread across Zevran's face. "Is that a thirty foot snake in your pocket or are you just please to see me?" he said playfully.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:23 pm
Oliver snorted, covering his face and leaned back. "Does that line ever work?" He questioned, giving a slightly easy smile and shook his head. "For your information, no. I don't own a thirty foot steelix. I do have a five foot tall bug."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:34 pm
The wicked grin became a sly smirk and Zevran made a lazy open-handed gesture. "Do you think it has?" he asked, making rather direct eye-contact with the black-clad man. "Ah, and I own a bug as well," the grin was back, "but it's not so large as yours!"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:39 pm
"You are horrible, and yes, I'm sure it has." Oliver murmured and gave an small half smile at the comment. "I have a feeling I'm going to regret encouraging you."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff