[PRP] Sky Full of Stars [Sacred x No Rain][FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was rare that Rain found any sort of clearing in the Swamp - the very nature of the thing boasted sky-reaching trees and thick boughs, often concealing the time of day. That aside, clearings weren't exactly the safest place to rest ones weary head, with predators that hunted in the most secluded of areas lurking about, eager to take an easy meal.

But No Rain was not the type to be deterred, not by the difficulties, not by the probability of what could or could not be.

The night was warm, and even with the spring rains that were against her very name, the sky was clear and inset with the most amazing view of the stars. They were bright and colored in subtle, shifting ways, reminiscent of the way one could spot a rainbow light dancing across the water, but briefly and never consistent. Rain tilted her head back, laying on a slight hill in the clearing, above the tendrils of growth and mire, and smiled at the distant twinkling lights.

It was peaceful. It was perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:35 pm
User ImageIt was a beautiful night. The swamp's air was sweet with the scent of blooming plants and the rich scent of rotting leaf litter, promising another year of bounty to her inhabitants, and although it was too early for the fairies to be out, making their trails in the night, what peeks Sacred could get through the trees indicated their distant sisters weren't veiled by clouds.

User Image "Oh, just look at them, Ashes," the doe crooned gently, even though she was fairly certain her companion had no interest at all in the play of lights across the sky. "We've got to find someplace better to see them." Oh this was special– she hadn't seen a starry sky like this since she'd been back home, because clearings were in high demand, and more often than not the product of some kin or another's careful curation efforts.

Still, when she looked at her again, and gave her pet that deliberate mix of eye signal and flick up of her chin, her companion faithfully started to do what she'd been trained to– to seek out high ground. She had the loveliest, smartest companion. She couldn't imagine what travel would be like without her.

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:51 pm
There was a slight stir of the breeze, rustling the foliage around her, but when it stopped, something continued to move.

Rain tore her eyes from the sky and looked around, ears upright, golden gaze attentive. Whatever it was sounded lighter than a kin, faster, and despite her desire to stay put and absorb the starlight, the Acha unfolded her legs and stood. Her tail unfurled and brushed just above the ground before arching, watching, curious --

She could spot the movement only when it was closer, dark as it was. Ridged brows lifted, surprise bright in her eyes. "Hello there," she greeted the creature she was unfamiliar with, furred and dappled. Not that Rain thought it would understand her or even respond, she wasn't the type to not even try. "What are you, lovely one? How pretty you are."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:11 am
Ashes knew what to do with kin that were cooing at her. The end of Ashes' tail picked up, waving slightly like a banner of friendliness, before she started stepping forward to get a smell at her new friend.

"She's a muskie!" a voice announced, soon followed by a hoof, then an approaching body, as Sacred rounded a rather large boulder on the same path her faithful companion had tracked down for her. "A muskwolf– they have a bit of a smell to them, naturally, but we train them to roll in flowers, and they smell hauntingly of them for days afterwards."

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:23 pm
The Acha bowed her head as she took a few steps closer in turn, allowing the other to sniff without her being threatening in posture.

A voice made her lifted her head again, surprised, ears upright and turned towards the sleek Kimeti that appeared. No Rain gazed at the other in mute appraisal before offering a delayed smile. "You look like you rolled around in sunbeams," she offered by means of greeting. Turning her eyes back to the muskwolf, a delicate chuckle was shared. "She's beautiful. Quite a duo you two make."

Careful of her footing, she turned on her small incline to better face the Kimeti, smile in place. "I'm No Rain. It's a beautiful night, is it not?" She lifted her chin towards the sky, hair falling back against her horns.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:03 pm
Sacred couldn't stand compliments from pretty does– they made her squirm in place, or look away, or bury her face in something so she didn't have to look straight at her counterpart.

She shifted a little, giving an antsy little squirm. "I-I, um... thank... you? I'm, uh, I'm Sacred." There! Good! That was language! Almost coherent language, even! The compliment to her muskie... that was easier to swallow. Once she'd finally processed and responded to the compliment paid to her, it was easy to move onto it. "O-oh, isn't she just, though? This is Ashes. Doesn't she smell just perfect?" She'd taken her companion frolicking through a field earlier, and she had to say, they smelled wonderful in her opinion.

"No Rain... oh, that's so perfect," she replied, almost referently. "It is. Pretty doe– cold, pretty cold out, at, at least for this time of year?"

Sacred internally kicked herself.

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:14 pm
The smile she shared with Sacred was warm, her chuckle sweet and delicate. "Very nice to meet you, Sacred -- and Ashes." No Rain tipped her head to the golden vision and the smokey one in turn, her brows lofting only subtly at the slip of words. She noticed, but she was not the type of doe to remark on it, instead nodding her agreement.

"I suppose it is," she returned, glancing to the sky and then back to Sacred. "If you've come to watch the stars, you're welcome to by my side. I'm sure Ashes could keep you warm," she amended softly, "but good company sounds as welcoming as warmth." Her golden gaze flit to the sky, her smile soft, expression one of marveling. She would have liked to have chatted more amicably, but in case they were going to be on their way - she'd give them an out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:19 pm
Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh NO. How was she– how could she– this doe was a perfect vision of elegance and– and was she flirting? Or was she just that nice? How was she supposed to function around her?

A deep breath. Okay. She just had to stay calm, and... and to step forward. If she just moved to curl up in the grass next to her, she could just... bask in the closeness and have the excuse of looking at the stars to avoid having to make intelligent conversation.

Yes, this was a perfect plan. She started to lay down, and jolted slightly as she felt a cold nose worming in between their flanks, before giving out a small, startled laugh, and shifting to leave just enough room for the muskie between them. "Ashes... oh, what would I do without you, little sister?"

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:33 pm
Comfortably settled, she watched Sacred approach, looking more than pleased. The other was even prettier up close, the golden sway of lines on the pale fur reminiscent of the lands in her dream. The sudden cold nose earned a startled sound, twisting around to see the dark muskie wiggling between them.

No Rain laughed with Sacred, shifting her scaleless body to afford the darker companion some comfort and room. "She clearly loves you and wants to keep you comfortable," she chuckled, tipping her head to the side to gently touch her nose to the dark beast's head. " -- oh, she smells marvelous!" Her exclamation was both surprised and delighted. "I don't know if I've ever smelled a flower so sweet - maybe it's her scent mixed with it?"

She smiled at Sacred over the muskie's head, interested in the two. Flicking her tail over Ashes' back - and partially over Sacred - she rested comfortably against the spotted hide of the companion. "Fortunate for me you've passed through this way." Her voice was light and carried almost a dream-like quality. "The night was beautiful but now it truly is breathtaking."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:01 pm
"It's that exactly," Sacred replied, her tone praising in its delight. "Their musk acts as a fixative for the scent– like clay for pigment!"

At the other compliment, Sacred couldn't. She just absolutely could not handle it. She buried her face against Ashes' hide.

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:11 pm
A soft giggle followed as Sacred buried their face against the fur, leaning subtly over Ashes' back to nose gently between the other's horns, against the feathers on her brow. "Mm. You smell nice, too." Her breath stirred the other's pale hair, and she withdrew, nosing the muskie again before flipping her own dark hair back.

"Do you not hear such words often?" Her question was gentle, delicate. "A shame. It saddens me to think there is a day that passes that you are not told that you're as bright as the stars above." No Rain looked upwards again, her expression whimsical.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:17 pm
The first response to that was a squeak. The second was a rather hastily-aborted start of a sentence. "I-" How was she supposed to respond to that? Motherfather, lend her strength. Or sense. Or bravery. Something to help her navigate this.

"Papa and Auntie and Mother are all very loving and my grandparents and everyone are all very, very wonderful and supportive..." she started, taking in a breath, and halting as she looked up. Oh no. Oh no the other doe was looking at her, waiting for her to finish her response.

Best just to... best to get it over with.

"Butit'sdifferentwhenit'saprettydoesayingittome."

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:26 pm
The ridges of her brows lifted, a soft pleasure clear in her smile, tipping her head to the side so that her hair hid part of her face. "Is that so? I thought I was just sharing the obvious - but it is -- it is kind of you to say such a thing." No Rain's tail flipped to the side and the back over the two of them again, more draping, as though the gesture were shy. "Family can be supportive, but the truth is no lesser from me, I hope you know."

Her hair parted briefly, a golden eye barely visible through the strands before it fell in a dark swath over her gaze again. "I don't mean to make you uncomfortable, sweet Sacred. It is beyond me to let such beauty pass without giving it voice."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:56 am
"I... you don't have to stop. It's nice. I'm just... I'm not used to it. Am I... am I supposed to compliment you back? Or thank you? Or... what? The doe just wasn't certain.  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:51 pm
A soft sound of amusement trickled from her smile. "You needn't do anything, Sacred." No Rain paused, considering, before trying to elaborate, "I'm sure there are...some sort of social niceties, some sort of rule set most may follow, but you needn't worry about that with me." Tilting her head back, she looked up at the stars again. "I'm just a lone traveler. Sharing your company with me is all I could hope for."  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff