[B] A Sweet Surprise! [Extraction and Acorn] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:24 pm
User Image The swamp was quiet. The early morning was starting to thrill with the buzz of cidadas and chirping of crickets and grasshoppers, and birds were busily starting their work of picking off the weak, the weary and the predeceased. It was one of Extraction's very favourite times of day, and the buck felt motivated– Temptress had consented to stay around the caves he'd been calling home for the last while, under the pretense that he needed her to guard the prey he'd hunted down for her.

Really, though, it wasn't about the prey, and was about getting some space. Sometimes, a buck needed to be alone, with only the company of his buggy-lovelies to sway him.

She'd appeared in his life like a whirlwind– swooping in, sharing in his interest, and getting closer and closer to him. He was fairly flustered, now, that it had taken so long for him to realize what her intentions were, and now that he had some time and space, he'd had the space to consider whether he was interested (he was) and whether he was willing to go forward with things (he was, perhaps even moreso).

So, he continued his little walkabout, intent on getting his morning to himself before he returned to her, with the sweet gift of honey he'd harvested earlier in tow as thanks for her patience.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:13 am
User Image

Acorn had been up before dawn, wandering this path and that just studying everything. She'd never been to this bit of the swamp before, and was eagerly looking for anything new.

She didn't see the buck at first, what caught her attention appeared to be a huge caterpillar. Cautiously Acorn slowly approached it, curious to get a good look. She wanted to know if it was a caterpillar, perhaps for the giant moths she'd seen others tame. Or maybe it was something new entirely.

((A side note, she's tiny compared to other kin))  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:22 pm
Sometimes, Nibbles took a trip. This was one of those times. Extraction usually wasn't concerned about this– the worm could surely take care of herself– but she was tedious to track down after some time, and he couldn't waste the day searching for her if he wanted to return to Temptress' temptations.

"What are you doing, bug-a-boo?" the buck crooned, starting to walk forward– until he noticed the worm was heading full tilt towards an unusually small kiokote. "You know that you can't eat that, right, baby? Does that are still moving are not for eating."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:00 am

"E-eat me?!" Acorn says with a squeak, jumping back. "What is.. uhm.. him? Her?" She eyes the large bug, unsure exactly how worried she should be.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:29 am
The large creature continued to move forward, coming up to the doe and reaching her little arms up to tug gently at a leg.

"Oh! You stepped in something earlier," the buck said, "or on something. Nibbles is a Cave Worm– they eat carrion, mostly, but I will admit I've trained her to clean me up if I ever get something suspect on my hide or hooves."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:37 am

Acorn watches as the cave worm cleans her leg, no longer worried despite the fact the cave worm was nearly as big as herself. "An interesting familiar, did the Zikwa bring them?" she asks, thinking it can't be a coincidence that Zikwa are cave dwellers and the worm is called a cave worm.

Movement catches her eye and Acorn looks up to see a giant wasp buzzing around the buck. That's when she realizes he's got more than a few bugs. "You're a collector?"

((I may poke you for cave worm bbs sometime, I think Nibbles x First Soul might be pretty.))  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:40 pm
After a nod at her first question, the buck blinked, looking taken aback for a moment at the doe's inference, before stopping to consider. "A... a collector? I... like to think of myself more as a friend, but I... guess I do have a fascination with all things larval or carapaced, and I did take it as fate when the Swamp sent ones that looked so perfectly like me...." Really, she did have a point about this.

"I guess I could say I get it from my grandmother?" he admitted.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:48 pm

"Perhaps the MotherFather wanted to be sure you'd never be lonely." Acorn can't imagine how this could be coincidence, She must have fashioned this buck's companions specifically for him.

"Oh? Does she have a fondness for bugs too?" Acorn almost cringes when she see the spider scuttle over. She doesn't hate spiders, but the enormous ones are very unsettling.

((sorry I am so slow))  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm
"She certainly knows my passions, in that case," the buck responded– pausing as his new friend tensed momentarily. "Oh, don't mind Itsy-Bitsy. She's got the temperament of a foxbun and is twice as lazy," he reassured her.

"And you could say that– she's got this beautiful colony of insects– all sorts." He leaned down to nuzzle at the spider, who promptly moved to crawl up his neck like a ramp, to settle between his shoulders.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:45 am

Acorn watches the spider climb his neck, the hairs one her own prickling, it must tickle horribly and she wonders how he can stand still for it.

"That sounds exciting, and also tiring, having so many to care for. Like having a clutch that never grows up." she says, not sure she could do it herself. "You're very dedicated, I have only a cheetah and eaglehound and sometimes they're too much for me." Acorn smiles when she mentions them, even if their antics wear her out they're still just as much her babies as her actual children.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:51 pm
Extraction blinked, tilting his head as he considered her comment. Like a clutch...

...a clutch...

...a clutch
. Goodness, that was a potential consequence of what he was considering, wasn't it? "You're– you're a Mare, aren't you?" he asked, suddenly intent. "Do you... do you perform blessings?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:49 am

"I have done one.. blessing.. yes." Acorn says sheepishly. "You need one?" she asks, swallowing her nervousness, now is not the time to doubt.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:58 am
"You know, I think I might. There's this doe, you see," the buck started. "She suddenly appeared and started acting like I was interesting, and nobody thinks that, so I think she might want more than just my company."

He shrugged his shoulders a little uncomfortably to help settle Itsy– she was digging into something sensitive. "I mean, I like her. And I wouldn't mind that! But if you're here, and you can bless any potential clutches she might have– with me or with anyone else... that would be for the best, now wouldn't it?

"If you wish for a tithe, I can get you some lovely wasp honey."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:58 am

Acorn had never considered asking for anything in return. The thought that some chosen might hadn't even entered her mind. But now she's unsure what to say, what would one think if one of the MotherFather's own chosen refuses the offer? Surely it could be taken as a bad omen.

"I require nothing more than what you wish to offer." She replies after a few moments of thought. Hopefully it doesn't sound demanding.. or like a dismissal.

Clearing her throat, Acorn gets down to business, the messiness of tithes and such can wait, right now the important bit is helping to ease the buck's mind about his future clutch. "May your children be as caring as you." Acorn says, surely with the number of friends he's gathered that one will fit well.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:52 am
Extraction stayed quiet after Acorn's blessing. Him? Caring? That was... he was touched. The buck bowed his head, shifting to lean in and tug at the turtle shell he'd had Itsy help secure to his back. "Hrre," he bade, voice muffled as he tugged at it... and it came free. Thankfully, honey was viscous stuff, and didn't slosh... he put it down on the ground in front of the mare.

"It's not as sweet as you, but it's what I have. Thank you so much!"

sheepcakes

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas