Step Forward [PRP Blood & Spiral] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The otter slipped back and forth between the bucks forelegs, twining around in affection and perhaps a bit of mischief.

Blood sighed, continuing forward, making sure not to step on his otter who seemed to be attempting to either trip him or climb him. It was hard to tell with otters what they thought. He kept walking, moving farther away from his usual haunts.

Perhaps a hunt was in order? He was getting a bit hungry. Fish perhaps.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:36 am
User Image

Snailshell and part of her pack had gone out hunting, and had very little luck. Not a complete loss though, they had found a nice shaded pool to swim in. Large and full of clean water, maybe even some good sized fish to catch and bring back.

Right now, though, she splashed and played with her dogs, frolicking through the shallows in a way she'd not done in months. The dogs alternating between wrestling with each other and playing chase with her. A good thing this pond is so large, Spiral thinks, or the ruckus stirred up would scare all the fish away.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Shaddaling
If thos double notifies you let me know and I'll leave quotes off.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:58 pm
sheepcakes
It tends to but better double notified then none. Gaia and notification is hit and miss

Fish Needle shifted, the otters nose moving as he sniffed deeply. He flicked his tail and darted off.

Blood snorted and turned, rolling his eyes as he followed the bright white otter. At times, it seemed having a familiar was more of a hassle then a help. Well... he stopped listening for a few moments before going on. Something was happening up ahead. He wondered what.

He met up with his otter and picked up the sound of splashing. "Hello," he called, moving closer.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:11 pm

Even before the buck spoke her hounds and wolf had reacted, the three coming in close and observing both owner and the stranger. No growles or raised hackles, but postures made it clear they'd act if danger was perceived.

Not nearly as cautious as her pack, Spiral smiles at the buck, giving him a friendly nod. "Good afternoon."

Catching sight of his companion Spiral takes the few steps to put her between her own companions and the buck. It wouldn't do at all if one of her's tried to make his lunch. "They're generally well behaved, if you'd care to swim as well." she says.

Shaddaling
This is true. Guilds refuse to ping me for my threads but double ping when I'm quoted XD

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:44 pm
sheepcakes

Hounds, three of them? No one was a wolf and one was a spectral, slinky body and wispy. No growing, no bristled backs, though his otter was some what uneasy, giving soft chitters by his feet.

"I wouldn't mind a swim, it is rather warm out today." Blood lifted a foot and gave his familiar a light shove towards the water. "You feel better when you are in the water. You know that."

Fish exploded into loud scolding chittering before slipping into the water.

"I'm Blood. The otter I usually call Fish." He added as an after thought.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:21 am

"I'm Spiral, these are part of my pack, Blackwater, Spectre and Shadow." she replies, nodding to each dog as she names them. "You three play nice."

The dogs relax a bit at her command, the hounds continuing their game of chase, the wolf flumping down to relax, and watch.

It had been ages since Spiral talked to anyone outside of the family, so long in fact she's not entirely sure what to say. "Does Fish help you fish?" she asks.

Shaddaling

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:13 pm
sheepcakes

"Good evening, Spiral, the pack." Blood gave a slight nod to the hounds before slowly wading into the water. It was cool and soothing against the heat.

"He tries at times, but I also believe he uses me more to help him stuff his muzzle," Blood replied, slightly fond, slightly amused at the sleek creatures antics.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:08 am

Spiral nods knowingly. "Even the best trained of mine do that at times. Sometimes they even team up together to do it." she says, sounding like a parent talking of a rebellious child. "As long as everyone gets fed I suppose it doesn't really matter though."

She keeps an eye on Spectre as she talks, her lanky hound has started inching toward Fish, his posture more playful puppy than hunter. Spiral watches the otter for signs of distress, ready to call her hound back if Fish doesn't want to play.

"Do you hunt as well?" Spiral asks, years of experience allowing her to split her attention.

Shaddaling

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:41 pm
"It is probably in his nature," Blood shrugged, looking at the otter. They were little shits. And perhaps he was slightly lonely not having a mob of siblings or family to play with.

"I do. Mainly alone and occasionally with a partner. Most of the herd hunts in groups of three or more but they tend to hunt much larger prey." The does were sharp eyed and fleet of foot. "Do you have a favorite prey?"

Fish flicked his tail, dark eyes focused on the hound and chittered slightly, twisting in circles in a playful matter. Play?

sheepcakes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:28 am

Spiral listens politely, she is curious who this herd is, but let's Blood finish before asking. "Is the herd your tribe? I've taught all my children and their children to hunt, but mostly it's me and the pack who hunts. I've trained all of them to hunt with my family, though, just in case. Except the badger, he's always done his own thing." by her tone and expression it's clear Spiral takes great pride in family, tribe and pack.

"I prefer mongeese and foxbuns, odd I know but I make sure the ones I hunt are wild." she'd run into a few kin who thought her weird for eating creatures most consider pets, but truth is better than a lie any day.

Spectre sniffs at Fish, trying to make friends as dogs do, when Demon lightly baps the otter on the rump, running off to start at game of tag.

Shaddaling

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:48 pm
"We're not a tribe, well not in an sort of traditional sense," Blood trailed off musing over the group and the coming and going of the kin. "We come and leave an area as we please, knowing we are always welcome back and the land is harsh."

"But a tribe has a meaning and we are just a family of sort. Sometimes I wonder if Conquest will push to become a Tribe," the sharp and heavily mutated doe was on to seek out power.

"I don't see anything odd about it. They are prey, some are pets but that doesn't stop the rest from being prey." And delicious at that. They were tasty mouthfuls. "I personally would not eat an otter, but the does have brought back such prey before in their hunting trips."

Fish wiggled at Spectre, before giving a sharp noise, twisting about. What, why... come back! He chased after Demon, eager to start the game.

sheepcakes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:37 pm

"I would think family is meaning enough to be a tribe. Not all tribes need a purpose like history keeping or making foods or providing entertainment." She says, thinking about the various tribes she's met and heard of. "And family is a very heavy word, it has much meaning. Blood isn't the only thing that makes family. And sometimes blood isn't even family."

"It is those that you trust with whoever and whatever is most precious to you, and they trust you the same. It's helping, and being together, even when you're not together, and doing, even if you don't like doing those things." Spiral had never tried to explain this concept before, and struggles a bit with exactly how to say it, her mind picking over all of her family, multiple bloodlines in her tribe that have become one huge family. "Sorry for the speach, family is very important to me, and in my opinion it has meaning enough to be a tribe."

"I've never tried otter, usually when we go into the water it's for fish." Spiral flicks her tail at the hounds playing with the otter. "Not to mention those two love to splash and play more than anything. It's a wonder we can even catch fish, much less an otter."

Shadow quickly realizes his error, short legs and water don't work well. He turn and makes it onto a dry bit of land, yipping and barking in joy. Spectre, feeling that Fish's smaller legs are a disadvantage, crouching in front of the otter to offer him a ride.

Shaddaling

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:31 pm
"Perhaps they are tribe, though I don't believe we consider ourselves one." Tracks and Compile, Tracks' sons both adopted and true, and his adopted daughter. Birch's hunt mates, the does sharp eyed, toothed, and fleet of hoof. They were interconnected.

"Fish is the preference, though small caiman on occasion are a treat." Newly hatched to yearling caiman were a very delicious mouthful.

Fish shifted, giving Spectre a look and then Shadow. He flicked his tail, debating on climbing up on Spectre. He chattered and carefully clambered on board. Lets chase him.

sheepcakes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:19 am

"I don't think I've ever had caiman. I'd be interested in trying." Spiral says, she'd never considered hunting the reptiles. Not so odd, maybe, seeing as there weren't many in their territory to begin with. Probably due to the crocodiles, not that there were many of those either, Spiral wonders how large crocodile territories are. She'd never seen more than a few, at least she thinks not. They were rather similar, but she's pretty sure there aren't more than four or five in the tribe's stretch of river. She should talk to Sorrel and Mugwort about that, the creatures had never caused issue before, but better safe than sorry.

Realizing she'd mentally wandered off, Spiral refocuses on Blood. "Sorry. Does everyone in your group hunt?"

Sure that Fish has a hold of his fur, Spectre takes off after Shadow. The hound's longer legs easily catching up to the demon, running circles around Shadow to tire him out, so Fish can tag the shorter dog.

Shaddaling

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:28 pm
"It is quite tasty, if a bit crunchy. Most of what we take are hatchlings," Blood replied and paused, considering. "Yes and no... " he mused, thinking it over. Howl's pack handled the most, he hunted because he wished to and enjoyed the thrill. But even Tracks would hunt down an occasional rabbit or squirrel and his lover looked good with a splatter of blood.

"It matters, for larger prey, if we can get an crocodile or caiman up on the bank away from the water," And that was the key, to keep the predator out of its element. "Joke or Gorge might help. The acha treat it as a bit of a game." They were small and fast and dainty.

"But outside of the hunting group which is all does, and myself, most only hunt if they feel like it." Blood mused over the actions of the group. "And a few don't even eat meat, but will help flush game." He hummed slightly. "I don't even think the zikwa help hunt. Just watch."

Fish was clinging to the fur and making low pleased noises as Spectre ran circles around the other dog. He shifted, focusing and with a cry, launced himself off Spectre in an attempt to land on the shorter dog.

sheepcakes

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces